PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis?

Uncle_bob
Dec 21, 2003, 09:09 PM
Uncle has been experiencing problems with his right hip (for atleast a year now) and his 2 knees. Is it possible he has arthritis even though he is younger than 20?

Bradicus
Dec 21, 2003, 09:16 PM
you could have any cartalige based problem... those can get worse than arthritis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-12-21 18:19 ]</font>

Black000Moon
Dec 21, 2003, 09:16 PM
*hits self in head* dont know....isnt arthritis only in the hands?(dont know again gawd im dumb fuck..)

Uncle_bob
Dec 21, 2003, 09:17 PM
On 2003-12-21 18:16, Black000Moon wrote:
*hits self in head* dont know....isnt arthritis only in the hands?(dont know again gawd im dumb fuck..)

It can be in any joint, and if Uncle isn't mistaken, can affect organs in some cases.

Black000Moon
Dec 21, 2003, 09:20 PM
On 2003-12-21 18:17, Uncle_bob wrote:

It can be in any joint, and if Uncle isn't mistaken, can affect organs in some cases.

even the brain? no psow cant have a brain dead uncle.....

Uncle_bob
Dec 21, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-12-21 18:20, Black000Moon wrote:

On 2003-12-21 18:17, Uncle_bob wrote:

even the brain? no psow cant have a brain dead uncle.....

Possible, but most likely the organs in the abdominal and thoracic cavities.

Kasumi19
Dec 21, 2003, 09:47 PM
It is possible to have arthritis in any joint in the body and at any age. I know this is probably not the news you wanted to hear uncle. I have a friend that has it in both knees and hands. She had it at 15 when I met her and she is 30 now. I am not sure when she was diagnosed with it though. I hear that glucosamine can help if that is what you have. My friend is doing fine and is being treated for her condition and lives with it just fine.

Here is some info on it. You may want to have your joint problems checked out so that if you do have arthritis you can get treated before it gets worse.

Here is a link about juvenile arthritis.

http://www.arthritis.org/communities/juvenile_arthritis/children_young_adults.asp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kasumi19 on 2003-12-21 18:48 ]</font>

-Geshtar-
Dec 22, 2003, 01:40 AM
and also not to scare dear uncle..cause uncle is my friend sorta. But have you heard of Marfans disease? Its family related so if no one in your blood line had it then dont be worried. its just a disease that seems like arthirites at a young age. bad knee problems and sometimes hip and back pains. but in the end you dont live past 50 or 60 half the time on account it weakens your heart. Anyhow, I have arthirites I believe as well and I am 17 but I just shrug it off or try to half the time,stupid bone acheings.

Saladwood
Dec 22, 2003, 03:00 AM
you probably have a slipped disk in your spine pinching nerves

Kasumi19
Dec 22, 2003, 04:55 AM
On 2003-12-21 22:40, -Geshtar- wrote:
and also not to scare dear uncle..cause uncle is my friend sorta. But have you heard of Marfans disease? Its family related so if no one in your blood line had it then dont be worried. its just a disease that seems like arthirites at a young age. bad knee problems and sometimes hip and back pains.

Morfan's is horrible genetic disease. I knew one person that had it. It is genetic and causes more than just joint problems. I knew someone when I was in high school that had it. He was unusually tall (6ft 9in) and lean, had severe joint problems. He was also severly nearsighted and had heart problems as well. He graduated a few years before I started high school, but stayed around to help one of the teachers and often volunteered to help with school events because it was not able to work with all of his physical problems. His mother also had the disease and passed away when he was a child. The disease ultimately killed him and he died of a heart attack when he was only 31 years old.

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2003, 06:28 AM
and also not to scare dear uncle..cause uncle is my friend sorta. But have you heard of Marfans disease? Its family related so if no one in your blood line had it then dont be worried. its just a disease that seems like arthirites at a young age. bad knee problems and sometimes hip and back pains. but in the end you dont live past 50 or 60 half the time on account it weakens your heart. Anyhow, I have arthirites I believe as well and I am 17 but I just shrug it off or try to half the time,stupid bone acheings.

Meh, if Uncle isn't killed or incapacitated by one thing, something else will so he isn't too worried. Anyway, never heard of Maran's disease, no memory of any relatives having it.

you probably have a slipped disk in your spine pinching nerves

No..it's an actual joint pain, Uncle can pop the joint at times to relive the pain and can feel the actual bone moving in the socket.

DUNKO1
Dec 22, 2003, 09:34 AM
I'm 21 and having similar shit, do you self a huge favor and see a naturopath. I saw a bunch of doctors- none helped. the naturopath is beter than all them. Just make sure you find one that's not to much of a hippy

Solstis
Dec 22, 2003, 09:44 AM
I've had slight knee problems for years (still in High School)... maybe it's from playing PSO?

PSOJD- Phantasy Star Online Joint Disorder

AUTO_
Dec 22, 2003, 01:35 PM
If you're under 21 and have arthritis you probably have JRA.

^ Juveneille Rhumetoid Arthritis (sp)

I've had it in both of my knees since I was like a year old, as well as in my fingers. My fingers don't have it anymore, and I'm taking Enbrel for my knees. The Enbrel really helps the pain, but if you don't have insurance...Enbrel will make you whore yourself on the street (btw Enbrel is shot-medication 2x a week--self injected).

If you've had regular doctor check-ups I can't imagine that this would be arthritis, but...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-12-22 10:38 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2003, 01:37 PM
Perhaps Uncie just needs hip-replacement surgery. :/

Black000Moon
Dec 22, 2003, 02:26 PM
or steal someones good hip?

LollipopLolita
Dec 22, 2003, 09:42 PM
take glucosamine

Kasumi19
Dec 22, 2003, 11:34 PM
I still think Uncle should see a doctor to know for sure what the problem is so that it can be treated correctly. It may be some type of injury he did not know he had or it could be arthritis, or something else we have not mentioned here.

anwserman
Dec 23, 2003, 12:25 AM
.... JRA? I had it in my eyes actually, if I am correct. It was either that or just simple inflamation of the eyes (but well, Arthristis is inflamation anyway) and I had to take steroid eyedrops for like a year for them to go away.

I would always leave a milky white residue on my face. Hmmmm.

MasterJoel
Dec 23, 2003, 01:01 AM
On 2003-12-22 03:28, Uncle_bob wrote:

No..it's an actual joint pain, Uncle can pop the joint at times to relive the pain and can feel the actual bone moving in the socket.

::reads symptoms::

yup, same problem i have. i'm sure it's the same thing that i have.

this may be relief to you. your joints ache and you can cause your joints to "pop" in and out of socket, right? gotcha...

good news: your joint isn't really popping out. lemme expalin. it's called snapping hip. there is a bony ridge on your femur (thigh bone) that has lots o' tendons to keep your leg attached to your hip and knee. one in particular connects the knee to the hip and must pass over the ridge. the problem here is that the tendon isn't quite long enough and enough to pass easily over the ridge so snags then snaps (pops) over it instead. the tendon is also thicker than normal. you have no damage to your joints at all, but it doesn't feel pleasant. it can be (in my case and yours, apparently) painful at times. it can also be present in the knee and rarely, shoulders.

bad news: the only cure for this is a minor surgery. they keep you awake with only local anesthetic so you can show them exactly which tendon it is while they operate on you. they cut the tendon just enough to allow it to pass comfortably over the ridge. however, the dangers are high. the problem is, that your tendon can tear in two at a later date, causing much more pain and possible permanent disability. this is why i opt to just live with it.

i really hope this helped you. see your doctor to make sure that this is it, but i'm 90% sure that this is it.

Uncle_bob
Dec 25, 2003, 07:02 PM
Update: Left hip just died.

Black000Moon
Dec 25, 2003, 08:52 PM
uncle fucked for life?

Uncle_bob
Dec 25, 2003, 10:46 PM
On 2003-12-25 17:52, Black000Moon wrote:
uncle fucked for life?

Dunno, but the left hip is having the same problems as the other one now.

Mystil
Dec 27, 2003, 08:01 PM
Or there nodes below your knees and such...?

And it could be a spinal problem. I have Scolosis, and my right hip is always a problem.

Kasumi19
Dec 29, 2003, 10:01 AM
Have you visited a doctor yet? You really should do so if you are able to. They may have a treatment option for you that could help with the pain you are experiencing.

Uncle_bob
Dec 29, 2003, 11:33 AM
On 2003-12-29 07:01, Kasumi19 wrote:
Have you visited a doctor yet? You really should do so if you are able to. They may have a treatment option for you that could help with the pain you are experiencing.

Meh, Uncle isn't too concerned about treatment unless it becomes a serious problem. Uncle can still walk, run, and jump just fine.

Some days the hip bothers him a lot (when laying down and sitting), others it doesn't cause a problem at all.

Firocket1690
Dec 29, 2003, 11:47 AM
Good !!
Firo misses her Uncle.

Iono anything about Arthritis, so can't stay on topic

Get Well Soon !! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystil
Dec 29, 2003, 12:59 PM
Ok obviously the answer is no.

Kasumi19
Dec 30, 2003, 03:25 AM
Meh, Uncle isn't too concerned about treatment unless it becomes a serious problem. Uncle can still walk, run, and jump just fine.

Some days the hip bothers him a lot (when laying down and sitting), others it doesn't cause a problem at all.

Oh ok, then it is not that bad then. I was thinking it was really horrible and causing you excruciating pain. Well maybe that was an exaggeration, but glad you are ok.