PDA

View Full Version : Everyone else being lucky means the Fox gets the shaft, but

VulpesMundi
Dec 23, 2003, 07:15 AM
Yeah, it seems that whenever other people (particularly ones I know) hit crazy streaks of luck I wind up with my head in the toilet (if you'll pardon the metaphor). I'll point to the current swath of topics in the Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID Discussion (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=7) forum. I've been on a tiring quest to find a Yasminkov 9000M, doing almost constant Temple runs to the point where I loathe to see it again. I've been stiffed by three Purplenum Hildetorrs in the process (not that I need a Rabbit Wand, but I do want a tekker pic). Auracom has been present for the appearance of six Yas9ks (at last I heard). Even Blue-Hawk, who claims Purplenum sucked so bad that he deleted a level 170+ char, has found THREE Yas9ks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif Yet I can't find even one. Just one is all I ask. And now I get two more insults thrown in my face tonight. First off, I'm told that Scott (-Geshtar-) pretty much waltzed into the Temple after being away for two weeks and found one like it's easy as pie. Then I found myself alone and decided to give an offline Temple run a try. THIS was the result...

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/mil_twin_3.jpg

Yeah, that's right. TWO Mil Lilies simultaneously. But wait, you'd think this would be a good thing, right? Not for a Purplenum character that has already found four Windmills. So yeah, they both dropped another Windmill each. And to add insult to injury, both of them came with all 0%. It would have been cool if I had been online and could change the section ID and get something cool. Nope, I must be the brunt of some cruel joke. It's getting to a point of sheer frustration. I swear this game fucking hates me.

PSO is teh evil!!!
> Everybody

Edit: FYI, I've been hunting for a Yas9k for nearly a year. This was detailed in the following topic...
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71896&forum=7&start=37

</rant>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-24 02:08 ]</font>

Raziel_Kai
Dec 23, 2003, 08:47 AM
PSO pwnd j00 man

Anyways, I did start working on my own Yas9k since the end of October. With the great help of everyone, I finally got one just a couple of days ago (and I wasn't there... my great pals managed to find me the coveted weapon the one weekend I couldn't log in).

Now, I'm not rubbing it in my good friend, just have patience. If you need any help whatsoever, I'd be happy to help out.

Peace out!

drizzle
Dec 23, 2003, 09:09 AM
Bah, you'll be the last person who has the right to complain about rare drops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've levelled my greennill from 102 to 134 now on little more than ruins. The result: about 10 cross scars, 2 addslots and a few photon drops. That's _it_. Grrr.

-Geshtar-
Dec 23, 2003, 09:57 AM
Yeah..real sorry about that Fox. But its not my fault when things just appear. ^-^;

Not like it matters, but two simultanious Nar Lillies appeard for my FOnewm and dropped him God/Bodies each plus a few days ago Scott found another Aura field. Hopefully you will find one on like christmas morning. That would be nice.

Tevren
Dec 23, 2003, 11:09 AM
I know what ya mean Vulpes. It took me almost 6 months of constant Temple runs to get a 9k to fall (after 6 Photon Drops from Crimsons). Hopefully you find one soon.

MasterJoel
Dec 23, 2003, 12:12 PM
wow fox, makes me feel bad that when i decided to hunt one on a whim, i found one in one run with auracom. being as lucky as you are (and that you are), i'm sure you will find one relatively soon. good luck with that!

Dime
Dec 23, 2003, 12:26 PM
OMG TWO MIL LILLIES IN THE SAME ROOM!?! WHAT BAD FUCKING LUCK EH!?

Uncle_bob
Dec 23, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-12-23 09:26, Dime wrote:

But they drop shit items for his ID. :l

MasterJoel
Dec 23, 2003, 12:34 PM
On 2003-12-23 09:26, Dime wrote:

if you've ever played with vulpes, you would know that was a common occurance for him. it's rather uncanny.

Bradicus
Dec 23, 2003, 12:46 PM
At least it's a really cool pic...

LamerPanda
Dec 23, 2003, 01:31 PM
I've levelled my greennill from 102 to 134 now on little more than ruins. The result: about 10 cross scars, 2 addslots and a few photon drops. That's _it_. Grrr.

Pretty much the same story here, same ID and lack of luck, but I've gone through the same sort of thing with two characters. Observe the case of my RAcaseal:

- Started VH TTF runs at level 45
- Currently a level or two shy of 80
- 4 Nar Lilies; 0 God/HPs

I can't stand piping, so that's not an option either.

I've been trying to find my own Frozen Shooter for a year, done countless Forest of Sorrow runs, and all I have to show for it is a Star Amp. One. Star. Amp. I have an FS from a friend, but I have several RAs, so that doesn't really help me much, does it? He's found me all this stuff by piping, but the few times I've tried piping 'torrs I've spent several hours with nothing to show for it. I've seen one Hildetorr, wasn't in a game with my ID and I don't think it dropped anything. (Showed up near 600-something beats, oddly enough)

I have seen 0 Pouilly Slimes, 0 Mil Lilies, 0 Love Rappies, 0 Saint Rappies, 0 Egg Rappies...

Considering that I can't find anything that I've been seeking for about the same amount of time, I can't really sympathize with you not being able to find one item. X____x There's always someone with worse luck out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LamerPanda on 2003-12-23 10:31 ]</font>

Xeno_M
Dec 23, 2003, 01:35 PM
I have the exact opposite luck as Vulpes... He can run areas for weapons from non-rare enemies (like Yas9k) and never find it. But he can use TWO telepipes and find a damn Hildetorr. As were i cant find a rare enemy to save my life... But i can run through an area and get a drop from a non-rare enemy pretty easily (example first run VH redria Tower got spirit garment, same quest skyly, got two fatsia's in first and second run, first VH mines run, god/arm) Ok heres the story. Before i go online yesterday/today i try to pipe out a Hildeblue for a God/Arm. 2 hours later, nothing, so i go online... (that was 6 total hours off and on piping for them) When i get offline, i start chatting with Vulpes online while still playing some offline. He decides to try pipe some Frozen Shooters off Hildetorrs... So i follow suit, and give the God/Arm hunt another try... Before i can even get to the room with the 4 Hildebears, he's found a Hildetorr and it dropped him a Frozen Shooter... So i get there and he starts piping again (we started at same time) Bout 45 minutes later, boom another Hildetorr for him, and another Frozen Shooter, and jack fuckin' squat for me... I keep faith and continue piping, and chatting... 2 hours later, and exactly 200 telepipes (im a racl) and still no Hildeblue, i quit and save in disgust... 8 TOTAL FRIGGIN HOURS OF PIPING!! and no hildeblue... Ive found 2 god/arms now through other means, but the fact of the matter is, i can't find a damn hildeblue!!! ARggggghhh!!11one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno_M on 2003-12-23 10:50 ]</font>

Monomate
Dec 23, 2003, 03:35 PM
wow...that...sucks...

but then again...i haven't even seen a Mil Lily yet...

it's the only offline Rare Enemy that i haven't seen...i don't really care what it gives me...i just wanna see one!!! I've even seen a Hildetorr already...but i of course was raped by the dirty bastard...

meh...

i think i'll start a shitty lily club...anyone wanna join?

Bradicus
Dec 23, 2003, 03:55 PM
On 2003-12-23 10:31, LamerPanda wrote:
I've been trying to find my own Frozen Shooter for a year, done countless Forest of Sorrow runs, and all I have to show for it is a Star Amp.

It is plain that you need to rape the god of luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW- over 50 Soul of a Blacksmith runs, and all i found were a few cross scars and storm wands

When i finally gave up and tried regular runs, i found a red saber (first run) , frozen shooter, and a dragon claw (second run *one after the other*)

LamerPanda
Dec 23, 2003, 04:06 PM
It is plain that you need to rape the god of luck

I think this all started when I beat him over the head with a shovel and buried him after that run where I found five Varistas.

I didn't think gods could die ._.

I've got good luck for Cross Scars, though! More daggers than I could ever need!

VulpesMundi
Dec 24, 2003, 05:02 AM
It may just be coincidental, but venting my anger in a non-destructive manner with this topic seems to have had a positive effect. I was expecting this to happen on Christmas day, but Christmas eve is good enough. An early Christmas present, so to speak. At exactly midnight Pacific time on my 42nd solo St Rappy run (this year) it finally dropped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/yasminkov_9000m_1.jpg

</elation>

Nai_Calus
Dec 24, 2003, 05:34 AM
Congratulations.

My last fifteen or so rare drops have all been Diska of Bravemans.

My last noteworthy find was the Red Sword I got about a month ago. (No, I don't consider a useless Perfect/Resist a notable find, I rank it with the Bravemans) A Braveman with Hit % dropped, but I wasn't the one who got it.

A good 30 or more East Tower runs have yielded two Photon Drops.

Goddamn you people, give me some of your luck.

And I don't even -use- the Red Sword. ._.; I hate Sword-types, if I actually -do- use my HUmar he uses his Red Partisan.

Suck eggs and die, PSO. I hate you too. >_<;

LamerPanda
Dec 24, 2003, 12:23 PM
You get photon drops?

The sole drop I have ever gotten from ET is a Revival Garment. I think I've found two. Big whoop. x_X

I don't even remember the last time I found anything noteworthy, heh. I've been in a dry spell with PSO. I'm on a break now, maybe I'll have better luck next year...

shifter
Dec 24, 2003, 11:51 PM
ur complaining about photon drops? on a ruins run a week ago, i got nine rares, seven, i repeat, seven of them were photon drops. the other two were an ungodly crap, the mech gun Justice and a dam Crush Bullet. and thats some of the better stuff ive found http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif,so none of u can complain.

Firocket1690
Dec 25, 2003, 02:03 AM
o_O
I don't mind taking photon drops off people's hands.
The search for my 60 or so drops has begun. hell, I even need more grinders for my ugly red stick ...
... soon to be ugly black stick