PDA

View Full Version : RAcast or RAmar

ShadowNINJA007
Dec 24, 2003, 05:08 PM
Tell me which one you think is better

Razor_Burn
Dec 24, 2003, 05:22 PM
Neither is better. It depends which one YOU can work better.

Ok. Someone lock/delete this redundant topic.

Saiffy
Dec 24, 2003, 05:37 PM
On 2003-12-24 14:22, Razor_Burn wrote:

yes no one is better the player is what matters.

But also, define "better"? If you want more ATP go RAcast, techs, go RAmar. It matters what you want...

lain2k3
Dec 24, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-12-24 14:37, Saiffwin wrote:

On 2003-12-24 14:22, Razor_Burn wrote:

yes no one is better the player is what matters.

But also, define "better"? If you want more ATP go RAcast, techscrappy shifta, go RAmar. It matters what you want...

LamerPanda
Dec 24, 2003, 08:43 PM
He said "which one you *think* is better", give some suggestions instead of jumping down his throat, hm?

Yes, though, it does depends on what you're looking for. RAmars have... er... tight pants. >_>; I have very professional methods of choosing which characters to play as thank-you-very-much! Nah, seriously, they have techs and higher ATA (which doesn't really make much sense, but I digress). RAcasts have higher ATP and I'm pretty sure they have higher HP/DFP.

It really depends on how you play. Don't mind having to use mates and items with HP-draining specials? Go for power more than accuracy? Go with the RAcast. Want to get more hits in and like having (very weak XD) techs to support yourself? Go with RAmar.

The stats on both don't make a huge difference anyway since you can tweak both characters a bit to your play style, you could give a RAcast a mag with more DEX or a RAmar a mag with more POW. More than anything, it's techs vs. traps or aesthetics that you have to consider. Either character should do fine.

Depends on how well you handle repetitive sounds as well, if you don't like characters that make clunking noises with every step you may want to steer away from robots~ XD

Black000Moon
Dec 24, 2003, 09:16 PM
RAmar...higher accuracy use bigger better guns faster.... and has techs crappy ones but still....and resta which is another plus side to the RAmar yet RAcast at a high level can stay in place and regenrate hp faster.....

Still for the hell of it...depends on how u play the game but RAmar

Kupi
Dec 24, 2003, 09:25 PM
I see the difference between the RAmar and RAcast as the difference between support and offense. The RAmar's massive ATA (highest in the game) lets him land weapon specials with unmatched ease, so you can be pretty much certain of freezing, paralyzing, or cutting an enemy's HP to 1/4. RAcasts, on the other hand, have higher ATP, DFP, and (correct me if I'm wrong) HP, so they can take more of a beating and do more physical damage. Pick a RAcast to help the party by adding in a fair deal of damage, and pick a RAmar to help the party by making the enemies stop attacking.

Caecilius
Dec 25, 2003, 08:10 AM
Having previously owned both a RAcast and a RAmar (damn the fact that my fourth corruption happened yesterday) I can see a lot of subtle differences between the two.
RAmar obviously has the highest ATA in the game (maxxing at 249 I believe) but despite this, their ability to actually KILL something is somewhat compromised (unless you're using an instant-death weapon, and we all know how reliable THEY are).
RAcast has the highest ATP of the Ranger classes, and is somewhere on a par with a HUcaseal for power. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the RAcast actually have a higher max ATP than the HUcaseal? The two are more or less similar anyway.) Add to this a max ATA somewhere in the 220s, sadly the lowest of the Ranger accuracies but still capable of hitting something, and you've got something quite good. Unfortunately it is the RAmar that comes through for techniques (somewhere around 660 max MST), and despite the fact that his techs only go to lv15 (5 for Anti) it is better than anything a RAcast could come up with.
That's just my opinion, and if you disagree I won't be too offended.

Kupi
Dec 25, 2003, 01:16 PM
I find that the only thing a RAmar's (or HUmar in comparison to Android HUs, for that matter) Resta really helps with is getting through Falz. Otherwise, you can't restore your HP fast enough to make it worthwhile, and in a good online party, the FO has HP and support covered. :/

ShadowNINJA007
Dec 25, 2003, 02:58 PM
Thank you for all you help. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KingChaos
Dec 25, 2003, 04:13 PM
if u want good exp easily on ult go with racast as wit items such as kings mechs needles and shots they steal 80 and RAmars steal 40ish

kevlar_pso
Dec 25, 2003, 06:07 PM
Personally I would go w/a Racast. Cause @low levs you can just run up to enemies and set a freeze trap, whip around w/a shot and freeze everythin. If u run out u can @least drop a damage trap and get a share of the exp.
Techs matter dependin on if there is a force or not. That's just [u]my opinion tho.

lain2k3
Dec 26, 2003, 06:09 PM
Traps are better than suckass techs.

RAcasts will do more damage, and ramars extra ata become unnecessarily high, not making him hit any more often, just doing less damage.

if you are a ramar, you WILL be carrying mates with you. his resta will be worse than a dimate in ultimate, even if he has maxed mst.

RAmars look stupid as hell. they have toilets on their backs.

RAmars suck.

darthsaber9x9
Dec 26, 2003, 07:10 PM
On 2003-12-25 13:13, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
if u want good exp easily on ult go with racast as wit items such as kings mechs needles and shots they steal 80 and RAmars steal 40ish

what bollocks is this?
all classes steal the same

Delsaber
Dec 26, 2003, 08:11 PM
On 2003-12-26 16:10, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2003-12-25 13:13, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:

what bollocks is this?
all classes steal the same

Actually, androids get more exp with kings(and the like) specials than non-android do.