PDA

View Full Version : Recomended level/equipment for ultimate cave.

Draco113
Dec 27, 2003, 10:35 PM
I know i saw this on the site somewhere with suggested levels but thats bull crap. Either they lie/cheat/or have lots of god stuff. But what i want to know is a recomended level for ultimate caves and suggested equipment for going through it. I've always had trouble. BTW my guys an 81 skyly hunter i use to have a 107 whitill android hunter but my memory card corrupted.

ladyjaderiver
Dec 27, 2003, 10:51 PM
I still have problems with my HUcaseal... Everything she has is legit (except her Berdysh). She's level 84 at the moment, and has a 5/145/50/0 Rati, 2 God/Powers, and I forget what other units... It's just hard unless you're level 90+. It started to get easy for my HUmar once he got past level 90.

Draco113
Dec 27, 2003, 10:54 PM
See i had a 107 android hunter (i'm terrible at names like hucast and humar shit) and even that was hard. It was most likely because androids can't use magic so no resta for me. I'm kinda glad my card coruppted.

Senoji
Dec 27, 2003, 11:15 PM
I still have a little trouble, and I'm a lv.102 HUmar. I have lots of good stuff including several god units and a lavis blade, so really I would suggest that you just wait until around lv.100 until you try the caves all the way through. Either that, or get a bunch of good stuff before you go there.

Of course, rangers and forces might have an easier time. I dunno.

Armok
Dec 28, 2003, 05:46 AM
Easiest way without resorting to a 'trusted' friend gave me a TJ sword he found is:

Base your mag entirely on power (ignore these get 60+ dex ppl they are fools that only makes sense at lv 170+)

Make a mag with 186 pow (see guide on this site) and make sure its got M&Y. Now for slots basically use these to boost your ata with 4 x elf arm++. This is much more efficent than most ppls 60+ dex mag with ogre power slots.

Heres the figures
Dex mag 5/135/60/0 + 4 ogre pow++ = 5def 334pow 30ata
Pow mag 12/184/4/0 + 4 elf arm++ = 12def 368pow 38ata
See my point

Weopons are a problem for skyly as its hard to find vulcans with hit. A sword type with decent hit is prob your best bet.

Final Note:
Theres no point in rushing through to mines just play through Additive foods to find all of skylys best weopons (see drop charts). Its based in caves has 40k exp in c1 for starts and the large groups of vulmer favour the use of swords anyway, good luck.

Butoden
Dec 28, 2003, 06:56 AM
Yeah my LV 76 HUcast has trouble on Ult Caves as well. Don't worry about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Just level alot at Ult Forest like I'm doing now!

Reiya
Dec 28, 2003, 11:19 AM
level 81? lol dont bother, i had to wait i was around lvl 100+ before i could do caves comfortably.
ur best bet it to just lvl up at the forest till then..

Ketchup345
Dec 28, 2003, 01:45 PM
For Ultimate Caves, I reccomend:
4 Resist/Devil (or whatever the +15 EDK is)
Delsaber Barrier/Shield
Weapons for normal monster
Slicer for Dal Ral Lie

The slicer lets you avoid his tentacle attacks when he is on the raft while doing damage. You should learn his attacks and how to dodge most of them. Also, ALWAYS set up a telepipe/Ryuker next to the boss portal so if you fail, you can try again.

If you need, go back to the Forest to level up a bit.

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 28, 2003, 03:12 PM
you're skyly right?? I highly recommend doing this: Go pipe for some god/hps and god/arms. skyly finds god/hps from nar lilys in the caves on very hard. Skyly can find god/arms from hildeblues in the forest on very hard. Then equip your new god/arms and god/hps, DEFINTELY equip a delsaber shield (it ups your dark resistance, which is good for stopping nasty ob lily megid), and equip a good twin sword or double saber. Also i have i no idea what armok is talking about. You definetly need at least 40 or 50 dex on your mag, or else youll be missing like crazy. Good Luck!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ketchup345
Dec 28, 2003, 03:20 PM
I would not reccomend using the God/Arm and God/HP. Those slots are better off raising your EDK so you will stand against the Lily Megid 100% of the time (I always have 103 EDK in the Caves).

Also, it is reccomended to have a Sword/Partisan so that you can hit groups of enemies.

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 28, 2003, 03:32 PM
hey ketchup do you know what level megid that the lily's spit is?? because if its lower than 30 then you dont need 100 edk to stop it 100% of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2003-12-28 12:32 ]</font>

Rep0
Dec 28, 2003, 04:25 PM
On 2003-12-28 12:32, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
hey ketchup do you know what level megid that the lily's spit is?? because if its lower than 30 then you dont need 100 edk to stop it 100% of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2003-12-28 12:32 ]</font>

It's like level 15

_Ted_
Dec 28, 2003, 05:47 PM
You don't really have to bother with maxing your dark resistance. As long as you are alert and avoid being caught in large groups of enemies or just kill the lillies first, then you can avoid the megid most of the time. Sure you might die a couple of times, but who cares? If open up a tp frequently then all you will lose with death is a couple sync points on your mag.

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 28, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-12-28 13:25, Rep0 wrote:

It's like level 15

are you sure about that?? because if it is, then 70 edk is enough to stop the lily's 100% of the time

RicoRoyal
Dec 29, 2003, 04:11 AM
On 2003-12-28 14:51, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

It's like level 15

are you sure about that?? because if it is, then 70 edk is enough to stop the lily's 100% of the time

Correct you are. 70 EDK and one will never have to worry about the megid... does that mean that I recommend wearing units for dark resistance? Not by a long shot. You should only need dark resistence if your the type that still hasn't discovered how to dodge things...... Megid is not something difficult to avoid, unless of course you either have no skill at melee or you just are really lazy and want to avoid the trouble of "working" to survive. Those unit spaces should be filled up with something more useful, especially if the person playing is only going through the Caves 1, 2, 3, rather than a quest like say... Addicting Food (where the lilies can actually get ya if you dont pan your camera around continously).

Now back to the main subject. Simply put, ATA. At that low level, your main concern is ATA. So what if your ATP sucks and your doing no more than 150 damage per hit, as long as you don't miss you'll have more than enough time to dodge attacks and do 360 turns to counterattack. Draco113, I'm assuming you have a good understanding of how to do 2 hit combos as a HU and that you have a good idea of enemy attack speeds and weapon cool down times. For caves, bring a partisan-type weapon. If you have a god/battle, then don't be afraid to bring a sword.

Things aren't as bad as you make them out to be. My lvl. 81 HUcast made it out caves with minimal deaths (0 of which were inflicted by megid). JUST LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY MELEE AND DODGE!!! I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!! Oh, and another thing... what's the big rush? Your skyly... getting out of caves should be the last thing you should be considering. Caves is your friend. Also as a Hunter, YOU WILL DESPISE MINES!! Not only that, but as skyly... rare hunting in mines aint even worth it.

So to summarize, this is my list in order of importance:

1. Get some ATA (through whatever method you want)225 ATA is good for caves.
2. LEARN HOW TO MELEE PROPERLY!!! (get a partisan)
3. Forget that Resist/Devil exist... at the lvl your at, youre bound to die 50 times more from vulmers surrounding you than from 1 or 2 megid blasts. This of coarse leads back to point number 1 and 2, since mastering those will also help you with the vulmer problem.
4.Stay in caves... as a skyly, you should spend most of your time there. Heck, I'd even suggest that you play caves more by trying out Addicting Food Quest.

I hope this helps you out. If it doesn't help you out (I'm assuming you have learning dissability at this point), then all I can do is wish you good luck, cause the game only gets harder from this point forward.

EDIT: I'd also like to add some more tips. These are directed to anyone who uses androids (HU or RA, same s**t). USE YOUR TRAPS!!! I don't just mean your freeze traps, I mean, all your traps!! For quests like Addicting food, I would simply walk in, gather the vulmers, freeze them, do one 3-hit combo, then drop confuse trap. I'd walk out of the room and watch the enemies do the dirty work for me. If your an android and you don't use traps, then please, go take your memory card and throw it in the trash, because you are obviously missing half the qualities/potential of being an android.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RC4 on 2003-12-29 01:16 ]</font>

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
nice post rc4!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
i agree 100% with what u just said. I kind of find it fun to try to kill the lilies without the megid ever touching me. also just equip a delsaber shield and the megid only kills you about 1 out every 3 times. and the mines does suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ketchup345
Dec 29, 2003, 04:03 PM
On 2003-12-28 14:51, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

It's like level 15

You may only need 70EDK for regular Ob Lily, but doesn't the Mil Lily affect all other Lillies in the room and have their Megid level be random each time?

You may not need 100 EDK, but it helps to have more than just the Delsaber Shield. Especially if you get trapped by a group of monsters and there is a Lily nearby or if you aren't paying close enough attention to your surroundings.