PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Platinum

Floatycoat
Dec 28, 2003, 04:01 AM
I have heard rummors on a new PSO addition coming out for the Nintendo consoles (Gameboy,Gamecube) that allows you to use e-reader on pso3? its not a game but yet an addition to the game with the e-reader. Ive heard that you can buy some cards at local store, etc. and use them to play Pso3. Is that in anyway true or possible? And if it is then is there gonna be a piece to plug the e-reader into your GC or transfer it from Gamboy to GC?

Corey
Dec 28, 2003, 04:09 AM
It's possible,but Ive never heard of it.ever.

PARANOiA
Dec 28, 2003, 06:39 AM
That would be cool.

kevlar_pso
Dec 28, 2003, 05:47 PM
Wow, this is the 1st I've heard of that. I have the E-Reader, used it mostly for Animal Crossin, and the GC/GBA cord. If this comes about that would be very good news. I'd drop $5 or so for a pack of Ep. III E-Reader cards!

gamer232323
Dec 28, 2003, 06:13 PM
YA that would be AWESOME.

but its probably soem person just messing with you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
lots of people mess with you cause people are gullible.

Not any offense cause im completely gullible too.

Toruxxx
Dec 28, 2003, 06:36 PM
man that would be cool but wouldnt get hopes up as u said its a rumor and should'nt this be moved to the episode3 forum?

zimmk2vgc
Dec 28, 2003, 06:46 PM
it seems to be a good idea that would work. only thing is that the ecard reader is between GBA to GBA. so perhaps we could be seeing another PS port on GBA, PS4 maybe? im just guessing here by the way. yeah, you swipe a card for epi 3 and it loads it into the GBA and GBA cable to the GC and theres your new card. of course im probably talking complete rubbish...

Floatycoat
Dec 28, 2003, 09:32 PM
yea speaking that it is only something i have heard, but yea it sounded so good that it just might work, heard from nintendo that the will be releasing all there accesories and stuff that they plan to have out in 2004 in Jan. Soo till then is when i will know for sure

kevlar_pso
Dec 29, 2003, 03:41 AM
it seems to be a good idea that would work. only thing is that the ecard reader is between GBA to GBA. so perhaps we could be seeing another PS port on GBA, PS4 maybe? im just guessing here by the way. yeah, you swipe a card for epi 3 and it loads it into the GBA and GBA cable to the GC and theres your new card. of course im probably talking complete rubbish... [quote]
zimmk2vgc I suppose u r talkin complete rubbish. Cause I am lookin @my E-Reader, plugged into my GBA, which inturn is plugged into my GC. Havin used this many times to unlock dozens of items in Animal Crossin, I am sure if Sonic Team wanted to make use of this for Ep. III, it would be no problem.

Floatycoat
Dec 29, 2003, 09:37 PM
Exactly! Which means we should start seeing cards soon? Well i hope so, i knwo that Target and EB Games sell cards for the ereader but when i asked some companys about it the said they havent heard anyhting about it yet, and yea my ereader plugs to GBA which goes into GC also, no extra port needed

Floatycoat
Dec 29, 2003, 09:39 PM
Ohh and also if it is true then wouldnt that mean Sega wouldnt tell about it? You could proablly find it out at Nintendo more than you would at sega since its nintendo's product

kevlar_pso
Dec 30, 2003, 01:05 PM
I just may call both Sega and Nintendo to try and get some confirmation there.

Floatycoat
Dec 30, 2003, 05:20 PM
I already did , They gave me another number to call and then they said that they couldnt tell me the answer because they havent heard of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maverynthia
Dec 30, 2003, 11:00 PM
I might be special PSOIII cards may have e-reader data on them that would tell you more about the item..like the Pokemon TCG E-cards, or it could be for a PSOIII TCG like Pokemon where you scan the card and get data on it during your cardboard crack battle ^-^.

They might also be thinking of a PSOIII Portable game and be announcing the e-cards at the same time which would confuse people...
Maybe a PSOIII Online Quest might dump stuff into the PSOIII Portable game..IF IT EVER EXISTS..

However this might just be one big rumor...

kingmurp
Dec 31, 2003, 07:20 AM
Everything has a CCG nowadays, it's actually very possible. Cmon even .hack has a CCG. I play Yugi-oh, and old school Magic. The E-Reader would be a sure fire way to make the game more accesible to n00bs online.

Reiya
Jan 4, 2004, 02:38 PM
i dont think it would work because ppl will lend out the rare cards etc.... so then the items will become more common, and it takes the challenge of finding the cards themselves.

kitomaka_ck
Jan 4, 2004, 03:11 PM
true. people would scan the card then give it to a friend, who gives it to another friend, but if a person is smart enough, they wouldn't give away their olga flow card so everyone has it.

Nai_Calus
Jan 4, 2004, 03:29 PM
If ST pulls something like that, they can kiss my ass even more than I already tell them they can. Video games are already ridiculously expensive as it is, without the further BS element of "Well, you have to buy this perephrial, and this, and whole bunches of these..." Not all of us are rich or have parents who buy us everything we whine for. I think it would be another in a long string of really bad, stupid ideas, but what do I know? >P </other side of the argument>

Zaneatron
Jan 4, 2004, 03:33 PM
there are no boss cards in ep3. the current cards appear to have no way of being scanned in either. seeing cards could be passed on would probably be the main reason e-reader cards wont exist. maybe just straight up cards for playing with, but ep3 is too complicated imo to be turned into a real card game. i guess collectable cards are a possability.
ill try and list down why it wouldnt work.

1) Dice bonus: every time you destroy a card you get a thing called EX, more depending on what you destroy. usually the rarer the more EX you get. 10 EX points equates a +1 dice bonus, now every time the dice is rolled you have to add 1 onto it. but when certain action cards are used another dice has to be rolled, and dice bonus is included, which now requires a 7 (or 8, or even 9 depending on dice bonus) sided dice, 1 cant be added on. Also you need to keep track of the EX the whole time, and work out how much you get from certain items monsters. Certain action cards and assist cards use up this EX for defence, which complicates matters.

2) Certain characters cant use other cards e.g. Sil'fer cant use a Zanba. this complicates things, because if the opponent doesnt know, they could get screwed over.

3) Calculations. everytime you attack you need to calculate the damage. when defence cards are played, it could entirely stop damage or reduce it, or nothing at all (if the player of the card just wants to throw it away) if a miscalcultion were made it could ruin the game. also action cards can increase the amount of damage, which has to be taken into account, and it all becomes very confusing.
Rampage cards can also mess things up, and cause damage to several cards. then your fuxored.

4) you need boards. you need a place to play it. something realistic. you cant just sit down and play like pokemon. movement is a key issue and can change a game.

thers probably more things, but its just too complicated as it is. i seriously doubt a version like the GC game could be transferred to real cards. but an altered version possably could. it just wouldnt be the same though =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-04 12:35 ]</font>

Floatycoat
Jan 5, 2004, 07:36 PM
was thinking, if the cards did come out then i dont think sega would be dum enough to not put a code on the cards, so once you use them once you cant use them again, but you never know