PDA

View Full Version : suspinded

Tempis_Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 07:15 AM
i was just online i had been playing for about3 hours then all of a sudden the line got disconnected so i tryed to log back in and it said the my license was suspined for 24 hours wtf...
can some 1 tell me what the @#$$ that means plz

Toruxxx
Dec 30, 2003, 07:24 AM
i would guess that u cant go on for another 24 hours what u have u been doing?

Tempis_Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 07:28 AM
nothing i was just putting the bkb that i got in a trade and the line ds and i lost the bkb...

Tempis_Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 07:29 AM
** i was puting it in the bank..

Toruxxx
Dec 30, 2003, 07:36 AM
might of been a hacked bkb but there's so many going around and they only decided to ban u for 24hours and no one else.
very strange indeed ur not jus making this up are u?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toruxxx on 2003-12-30 04:45 ]</font>

ILLI
Dec 30, 2003, 08:45 AM
huh?/.. what are you doing to make them ban you?.. need more info.. u cant just be toolin around with a bkb to get yourself banned..

Tell us the real story about what your doing in your private rooms heh

ilr2000
Dec 30, 2003, 11:30 AM
i love these threads.

Tempis_Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 12:19 PM
i had just gotten done trading with some guy for his bkb, Ranger Feild, and Blue Ring.. i went to deposit them in the bank..game disconnected.. i go to log back on and get some message about being suspended for 24 hours. whats the deal?!?

Ketchup345
Dec 30, 2003, 01:11 PM
On 2003-12-30 09:19, Tempis_Moon wrote:
i had just gotten done trading with some guy for his bkb, Ranger Feild, and Blue Ring.. i went to deposit them in the bank..game disconnected.. i go to log back on and get some message about being suspended for 24 hours. whats the deal?!?

The underlined and bold items aren't released legitly yet. That could be your problem.

Soukosa
Dec 30, 2003, 01:14 PM
On 2003-12-30 10:11, Ketchup345 wrote:

The underlined and bold items aren't released legitly yet. That could be your problem.

The Ranger Field won't get you banned, but if that's the blue box Blue Ring, then that's the problem.

Dhylec
Dec 30, 2003, 01:16 PM
i had just gotten done trading with some guy for his bkb, Ranger Feild, and Blue Ring..
heh, pal u have been too careless & ambitious for wanting hacked items..
if u must know, blue ring is a hack that has got some ppl 24hr ban
get rid of it or facing ban all the way online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Black000Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 01:20 PM
tip:Don't trade for hacked items

Tempis_Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 01:42 PM
thank you i'll get rid of them o and i did not know they were hack..

ERS
Dec 30, 2003, 01:56 PM
Heh, I was banned a while ago for having a Blue Ring in my inventory. The only thing I'm wondering is how your friend got it out of the bank without getting banned.

ILLI
Dec 30, 2003, 02:55 PM
SEE i knew there was more to this story then met the eye... transformers!!!!!

he was tip toeing around the fact that he had traded for a ranger field and blue ring... funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Barubary6
Dec 30, 2003, 03:50 PM
*Receiving* a banned item in a trade or removing a banned item from the bank will get you disconnected and banned for 24 hours.

-- Barubary

trunkszero
Dec 30, 2003, 03:56 PM
what items are banned?
is there away someone could sticky them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trunkszero on 2003-12-30 13:00 ]</font>

_Ted_
Dec 30, 2003, 04:19 PM
Heres a better idea, you know how when you were a little kid your mother always told you not to take candy from strangers, well...DON'T TAKE ITEMS FROM STRANGERS if you are worried about getting a temporary ban.

Soukosa
Dec 30, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-12-30 12:56, trunkszero wrote:
what items are banned?

General rule of thumb is that if it's not marked as available for your system in PSOW's item database, then it's most likely not available and you shouldn't accept that item from anyone.

AUTO_
Dec 30, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-12-30 12:56, trunkszero wrote:
what items are banned?

Just sit in a Vega lobby for about 2 minutes.

trunkszero
Dec 30, 2003, 09:37 PM
for 2 minutes? ummm i'm there more than antares

Kurosawa
Jan 1, 2004, 03:39 PM
Too bad ST sucks, or they'd have a real security system and people would get permanent bans instead of a wimpy 24 hour slap on the wrist.

ST=pathetic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurosawa on 2004-01-01 12:40 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 1, 2004, 07:21 PM
On 2004-01-01 12:39, Kurosawa wrote:
Too bad ST sucks, or they'd have a real security system and people would get permanent bans instead of a wimpy 24 hour slap on the wrist.

ST=pathetic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurosawa on 2004-01-01 12:40 ]</font>

And what about the people who didn't know those items were hacked? Whoops... you're banned for the rest of your life though you've owned this game for only a day....

Toruxxx
Jan 1, 2004, 07:29 PM
On 2004-01-01 16:21, anwserman wrote:

ST=pathetic

And what about the people who didn't know those items were hacked? Whoops... you're banned for the rest of your life though you've owned this game for only a day....

that happend to me on the dc version it really sucked i didnt know if they were hacked i only got one chance aswell not a 24hour ban.

Aziangangster
Jan 1, 2004, 07:33 PM
Dangit 1 of my character that i neva use online hav hacks. Should i keep it or can sega trace the whole memory card 4 hacks??

Myopathy
Jan 1, 2004, 07:38 PM

ST=pathetic

Think about what you just said. Why would a BUSINESS like ST want to destroy all it's profits by banning everyone? As much as everyone would like to think in business, moral values have priority over money, that's just not the case. People go into business for one reason, and that is to make money. If ST were to ban people permanently, they no longer make money off those people. So as long as a cheater doesn't cause too much trouble, they won't do anything more than a harmless ban that is more a nuisance than anything else.

trunkszero
Jan 1, 2004, 11:27 PM
On 2004-01-01 16:38, Ezellaur wrote:

ST=pathetic

Think about what you just said. Why would a BUSINESS like ST want to destroy all it's profits by banning everyone? As much as everyone would like to think in business, moral values have priority over money, that's just not the case. People go into business for one reason, and that is to make money. If ST were to ban people permanently, they no longer make money off those people. So as long as a cheater doesn't cause too much trouble, they won't do anything more than a harmless ban that is more a nuisance than anything else.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^finally someone sees it through a real world view, to bad those who post these topics don't have enough sense to realize

that if theres almost 600 US players online during prime time x the 8.95 they pay then add that to the 1500 jp players and what they pay, i'm pretty sure its more than what we pay, but if sega started it permanatly banning folks then sega world surely lose alot of profit dropping them even further into bankruptcy, and i for 1 wants to see sega stay

Wode
Jan 2, 2004, 02:14 AM
Wow, I didnt even know they had the ability to ban people like that...Ban all the damn cheaters sega!!!!!!

Myopathy
Jan 2, 2004, 09:32 AM
On 2004-01-01 23:14, Wode wrote:
Wow, I didnt even know they had the ability to ban people like that...Ban all the damn cheaters sega!!!!!!

sigh...

ilr2000
Jan 2, 2004, 10:51 AM
24 hour bans are the most logical choice. What would be better is making a note of what spicifically tripped the ban to the user.. so they are now informed.. and then deleting that item from their inventory.

Kurosawa
Jan 2, 2004, 05:30 PM
The vast majority of PSO customers are Japanese, and would not be hurt by a zero tolerence policy from ST. It would cost ST very little financially. What it would show is a commitment by ST to living up to their end of the HL agreement, where they promise a cheat-free environment. 24 hour bans are a joke. They do nothing to deter cheating. Perhaps item, tech and material initialization would be a fair compromise.

If every creep with a Red or Blue Ring suddenly logged on and had their items, materials and techniques deleted, they very well may think twice about taking and using those dupes. I still think a zero tolerence policy is better, or maybe a three strikes policy.

This whole debate is pointless anyway, since ST has never done anything for it's customers and never will.

Outrider
Jan 2, 2004, 09:47 PM
So apparently there aren't cheaters in Japan?

Coarse
Jan 3, 2004, 12:37 AM
On 2004-01-02 14:30, Kurosawa wrote:
The vast majority of PSO customers are Japanese, and would not be hurt by a zero tolerence policy from ST. It would cost ST very little financially. What it would show is a commitment by ST to living up to their end of the HL agreement, where they promise a cheat-free environment. 24 hour bans are a joke. They do nothing to deter cheating. Perhaps item, tech and material initialization would be a fair compromise.

If every creep with a Red or Blue Ring suddenly logged on and had their items, materials and techniques deleted, they very well may think twice about taking and using those dupes. I still think a zero tolerence policy is better, or maybe a three strikes policy.

This whole debate is pointless anyway, since ST has never done anything for it's customers and never will.

that last sentance...harsh

Myopathy
Jan 3, 2004, 12:59 AM
On 2004-01-02 18:47, Outrider wrote:

*chuckle*
...at least most people would like to think so...lol

Buuyon
Jan 3, 2004, 02:42 AM
most of you guys needa get over the fact that PSO is dead...no matter what you guys say to sega...they are still getting money off of them...there will always be cheating...in any game...

Kurosawa
Jan 3, 2004, 11:34 PM
Ther is very little cheating on the Jp servers. If there was cheating to the extent that there is on the US servers, then ST would do something about it. American users are not a priority to ST.

Outrider
Jan 4, 2004, 02:16 PM
American users may not be the top priority, but they certainly are a priority. If we weren't at all, there would be zero updates. Some people have a very strong bias against companies, nowadays.

Kurosawa
Jan 5, 2004, 12:31 AM
Don't get me wrong- I love Sonic Team's games. I think PSO is brilliant, and I love the Sonic series. Their more experimental games like Nights and Burning Rangers I find to be daring and groundbreaking. Even as it is, I still think PSO is great.

But I do find ST has done poorly on security. I wish Sega would sub out this duty, because ST has more important things to do than babysit.

Outrider
Jan 5, 2004, 01:03 AM
Uh... I sort of doubt that they have Sonic Team employees working on security or anything like that. I'd see Sega employees doing it. And seriously, every online game has problems like this. More so with MMORPGs and the like.

ilr2000
Jan 5, 2004, 03:18 AM
I highly doubt there are actually people roaming the servers inforcing rules. All you have to do is close your eyes and randomly pick a game out of vega or antares and BAM you found yourself some cheaters. Even if it was just one person who patroled one hour a day, there would be dozens upon dozens of people saying they've been banned for 24 hours.

Coxy
Jan 5, 2004, 03:32 AM
Su-spen-ded

say it with me now - suspended

Coxy
Jan 5, 2004, 03:33 AM
On 2004-01-05 00:18, ilr2000 wrote:
I highly doubt there are actually people roaming the servers inforcing rules. All you have to do is close your eyes and randomly pick a game out of vega or antares and BAM you found yourself some cheaters. Even if it was just one person who patroled one hour a day, there would be dozens upon dozens of people saying they've been banned for 24 hours.

I'd do it if they paid me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

zimmk2vgc
Jan 5, 2004, 05:05 AM
On 2004-01-03 20:34, Kurosawa wrote:
Ther is very little cheating on the Jp servers. If there was cheating to the extent that there is on the US servers, then ST would do something about it. American users are not a priority to ST.

If you guys think the US has got it bad, what about Europe? IT'S A FREAKING GHOST TOWN! playsega.com is a lord of rubbish. There is no point to having a password to your account because all you can do is get a new HL. It's ridiculous. It's never updated. Think yourself you have a message board on the american equivilent of playsega.com, coz we got nothing.

Kurosawa
Jan 5, 2004, 07:20 PM
No, it's pretty obvious that there's no people roaming the servers enforcing rules, because none of the rules are being enforced. But even simple programs-many of which are already in place-could clean up the servers nicely. They just don't chose to use them, for whatever reason.

Superguppie
Jan 6, 2004, 03:01 AM
On 2004-01-02 18:47, Outrider wrote:

My guess is there are. However, in Japan there seems to be a serious anti-cheating mood. So if you cheat, you have whole ships turning against you. The most likely result of being labeled a cheater is that you have to play all alone all the time. So in Japan cheaters have a serious reason to keep a low profile, instead of the US and EU situation, where you can get esteem, and even followers, if you are a bad ass cheater. Yugh, I hate that...

On 2004-01-02 14:30, Kurosawa wrote:

Yeah, that would be fair if they considered ignorance a valid excuse. However, a cold turkey approach might also work. Once cheaters have become more careful, the uninformed newbies are less likely to be handed hacks, so the risk to them is a lot smaller.
Anyway, I can't wait till ST actualy starts to get us that cheat-free (or at least cheat-low) game. As far as I can tell they are working on it, (bans do occur, the EU banning incident, the hack->no rares thing...) and I hope they get it right soon.

On 2004-01-05 00:33, Coxy wrote:

On 2004-01-05 00:18, ilr2000 wrote:

I'd do it if they paid me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'd do it if they'd let me. No pay needed, except for a free HL...

What I find really odd is that Tempis_moon seems to have been banned for having an item, but not the person that traded it to him. Obviously, this person did not take it from his store, or receive it in a trade. 2 options left:
- It was there when he got online (hey, won't that get you banned?)
- He freshly bought it using the rare-shop code online. (I pray for a check there...)

AndyPandy
Jan 6, 2004, 05:08 AM
Its kind of stupid to ban people considering not everyone knows what items are banned and what are not banned. If they are banning people for having items that are not allowed, they should list them on the start up screen and warn people.

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 6, 2004, 01:32 PM
tip:Don't trade for hacked items

I'll take this even further. Tip: Don't trade for any items.

On Xbox at least, most of the stuff you're trading for is hacked. Now if you're legit like me, do you really want to trade something you spent hours and hours working for to a guy who created his stuff offline in 5 minutes? No matter how you slice it, it's never a fair trade.

At least the hacking gets better as you move further into the game. All the kids who have every sweet item in the game by level 10 usually get bored and quit by Very Hard mode.

Ranger_Larry
Jan 6, 2004, 04:40 PM
I'm on both PSOs. The GC has more powerfull hacked items than does xbox. (300 dark BKB, 200 nat, 100 hit GM, lvl. 1304 mags, ect. trump xbox's al rappys and 100 hit TJs)

Superguppie
Jan 7, 2004, 03:24 AM
On 2004-01-06 02:08, AndyPandy wrote:
Its kind of stupid to ban people considering not everyone knows what items are banned and what are not banned. If they are banning people for having items that are not allowed, they should list them on the start up screen and warn people.

I heard last time ST started banning on DC, they made a list of banned items available. I expect the same for GC/XBox...

On 2004-01-06 10:32, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
I'll take this even further. Tip: Don't trade for any items.

That would take away a very fun part of the game. On top of that, it would require me to raise characters in all IDs. (to get all the stuff I want) I have 5 characters at the moment, and that's all I can handle for now.
So no trade at all is no option for me. It's a matter of finding people to trust, and using a bit of common sense.
I have found a small number of people I trust. Oddly we don't trade, but just share what we have. Works fine too.