PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm.. back to tomeeboy already!?

Anonymous
Apr 10, 2001, 11:43 PM
I noticed the host switch over to GameSpy's Network earlier.. now see you've moved back to tomeeboy! Argh.. this place is a slow biotch! But, GameSpy/PlanetDreamcast wasn't much better. Why don't you guys get off your ass, and use the donation money that ppl donated (someone had to have donated!) to get a f'n good private PAY HOST and quit being cheap whores!?

Tomeeboy
Apr 11, 2001, 08:05 PM
Personally, I'm offended that you think we're just sitting around not doing anything about the hosting problem. We've spent a great deal of time trying to optimize and tweak the site to make things faster, in addition to the TWO server upgrades we've gone through already. At the moment we ARE on a good pay webhost, and it is nowhere near cheap. Yes, some people have donated, and we really appreciate all of the help... donations are helping us pay for the current web hosting (which has been coming out of my own pocket for the last few months)... but we need some heavy duty equipment to get the site running speedy again.

We were hoping the switch to GameSpy's servers would speed things up again, but unfortunately, their current server couldn't handle the extra load. You can probably imagine how frustrating this was for us, since we've been talking with Gamespy and planning this hosting switch for over a month.

They're telling us that they will have a new dynamic server up in a few weeks, and we'll most likely be moving over to that as soon as it's up. I have no doubt that the new server will be able to support the site. Until then, we will probably try to come up with some tempory solutions. Our main concern is to have the site running full speed once PSO v.2 is released in Japan.

We'll be sure to keep everyone posted on the situation.

-Tom

Core
Apr 20, 2001, 02:02 PM
hey...tomee whatever...suck by friends big harry BALLSSS...please he needs it..really bad...ever since that thing with the peanut butter and his dog didn't work out he has been on a withdrawal....that is all i have to say

SerGe-007
Apr 22, 2001, 11:10 AM
Wow... thats a smart move Core. Insulting a staff member. As of right now, the site is moving WAY faster than it used to be, so stop nagging. They're obviously working their asses off to make the site faster. So what if it takes a little while? If you don't like waiting, go to another site. That simple.