PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I just noticed this...

FinalMasterM
Dec 31, 2003, 07:36 PM
I've had the Versus Books' "Perfect" guide to PSO Ep1&2 for a while now. I skimmed through it after it was finally released and sent to my house after having completely beat all of offline PSO.

And I just want to say... the guide, isn't 'perfect' infact, I should sue for the amount of crap they left out in this guide.

First off, there isn't a guild for C-mode. Which would of been top priority if I was incharge of making a guild for PSO. Second, there are only 1 map version for each stage area in Ep2. ONLY ONE. So unless you get the ones they selected as you play, you're out of luck. Third, all the info about bosses are just mimicing the last boss. "Hunters are good, use close range, rangers should use guns and forces should support" OVER AND OVER again.

For bosses like Dragons, they use the same info and just replace "Dragon" with either "Sil Dragon" or "Gol Dragon" depending on the difficulty/episode.

Then in the weapons guide, they use the same ver1 images for all the 9-star rares (like Kaladog, Vise, Club of Laconium) instead of the new GC images.

The only thing this guide has going for it that is worth anything is the little section on GC Mags (like Sato) and how to get them, which helped out a lot when I wanted to make a universal mag for all my characters (50 in every stat).

Kent
Dec 31, 2003, 07:45 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010226l.jpg

It's pretty much what they're good for...

Ketchup345
Dec 31, 2003, 07:47 PM
It says Ultimate tactics: Nothing about Ultimate, not even how to handle Ultimate bosses.
Battle and Challenge tactics: Where?
All weapons: I've noticed a few were missing.
Secrets: What secrets?
All characters: Has dta on all. Problem is they only compare to level 100, when the game goes to level 200. Also, the bar graphs are off. IT tells RAmarls to use handguns later on instead of Rifles; when Rifles are superior in almost every way.
It also says that FOmars have lower MST than FOmarls.

FinalMasterM
Dec 31, 2003, 08:07 PM
About 75% of the images used are from the DC Ver1 guide. Talk about a bunch of lazy asses.

Black000Moon
Dec 31, 2003, 08:23 PM
On 2003-12-31 16:47, Ketchup345 wrote:
It says Ultimate tactics: Nothing about Ultimate, not even how to handle Ultimate bosses.
Battle and Challenge tactics: Where?
All weapons: I've noticed a few were missing.
Secrets: What secrets?
All characters: Has dta on all. Problem is they only compare to level 100, when the game goes to level 200. Also, the bar graphs are off. IT tells RAmarls to use handguns later on instead of Rifles; when Rifles are superior in almost every way.
It also says that FOmars have lower MST than FOmarls.

It says in the guide MANY weapons not all. It says " On the next three pages, we've provided the names and stats for many of the game's super-rare weapons and guards. It says many not all but still really messed up.
And it is super messed up this guide. It doesn't say RAcast can use partisans. And other characters that can use certain weapons but the rest of the class can't. Also I mentioned in another topic that (i think or it might of been different) there is a pic of a hidlebear with its stats but it says grass assassin on the top.... In the element sction. They gave for the added rarity burning 3 stars not 4.Hell in the character intro section (near the begining) it says the FOmarl raises its stats normaly but FOmar's barley even goes up. So ST is a bunch of lazy ass people after all.

FinalMasterM
Dec 31, 2003, 08:31 PM
How is that ST are lazy? The guide was made by a ton of idiots at Versus Books who sat down, cut their DC guide (which was great in its time) into pieces, pasted them onto new pages and called it a guide for PSO Ep 1 & 2.

In the guide it says "Complete Items and Weapons Chart" but it's not 'comeplete' isn't that illegal? It's like saying the book is free, but charging for it. I should sue!

Ketchup345
Dec 31, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-12-31 17:23, Black000Moon wrote:
It says in the guide MANY weapons not all. It says " On the next three pages, we've provided the names and stats for many of the game's super-rare weapons and guards. It says many not all but still really messed up.
And it is super messed up this guide. It doesn't say RAcast can use partisans. And other characters that can use certain weapons but the rest of the class can't. Also I mentioned in another topic that (i think or it might of been different) there is a pic of a hidlebear with its stats but it says grass assassin on the top.... In the element sction. They gave for the added rarity burning 3 stars not 4.Hell in the character intro section (near the begining) it says the FOmarl raises its stats normaly but FOmar's barley even goes up. So ST is a bunch of lazy ass people after all.

The cover says all Mags, Weapons, Secrets, Characters.

Also, I forgot those other points.

And it was Versus, not ST that messed up.

Mystil
Jan 1, 2004, 08:51 AM
Actually the mag guide is also not accurate...look VERY closey at thier evolution numbers. Abd the rare mags have the wrong names. So if you want a Bhema, it actually has Rukmin beside it..
Well...it's just wrong..