PDA

View Full Version : EP3: PSO Ep3

CAble
Jan 1, 2004, 12:12 AM
When I first heard there was another PSO coming out I was excited, but after hearing what has changed in episode 3 i am very dissappointed. This is bull@#$!%. How could sega go and change the real-time battles to a turned based card battle system. I for one will not purchase PSO Ep 3. I am tired of sega and there stupid mistakes. I will on the other hand purchase PSO Ep 1 and 2 Plus, that is if its not just a rumor. The bottom line is this: The PSO Ep 3 card revolution should be called: Yu-Gi-Oh: The PSO Saga.

anwserman
Jan 1, 2004, 12:27 AM
This should probably be under rants. But by all means, feel free NOT to buy the game, but if you're going to hate a game because ST decided to change the formula, then fine.

I was worried by the whole card change, but you know what? The more I look at it, the more fun and interesting the game seems to be. So, in all honesty, stop being such a jerk and give the game a freakin' chance instead of bashing it by calling it a Yu-Gai-Go! (SP) ripoff. Because I can almost guarentee that the only thing you know about Ep.3 is that its cardbased, and you're already hating it.

Oh, and another thing, maybe you're the one person in this whole planet that would like a whole-new real-time battle PSO. Yay, more three-button combo repitition goodness.

Myopathy
Jan 1, 2004, 12:41 AM
On 2003-12-31 21:12, CAble wrote:
This is bull@#$!%.

Hehe, I found it amusing that this comment became a link to my Outlook because of the @ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. For a second there, I actually thought you hyperlinked something.

On 2003-12-31 21:27, anwserman wrote:
Yay, more three-button combo repitition goodness.

Yay! More three-button combo repetition goodness! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandatummy.gif

SpikeOtacon
Jan 1, 2004, 01:02 AM
The Saturn's publicity department was a stupid mistake. Trying to force Online gaming too early on was a mistake. Trying to make that Dreamcast MP3 downloading service was a mistake. But making Ep.3 a card based turn strategy? Not a mistake. What was a mistake in SEGA/Sonic Team's history was the addition of that useless cat Big from Sonic Adventure. Thank god you never had to play as him in SA2.
..but that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother board. Putting it simply, try it, you just may like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2003-12-31 22:03 ]</font>

Aunt_Betty
Jan 1, 2004, 02:12 AM
On 2003-12-31 21:12, CAble wrote:
When I first heard there was another PSO coming out I was excited, but after hearing what has changed in episode 3 i am very dissappointed. This is bull@#$!%. How could sega go and change the real-time battles to a turned based card battle system. I for one will not purchase PSO Ep 3. I am tired of sega and there stupid mistakes. I will on the other hand purchase PSO Ep 1 and 2 Plus, that is if its not just a rumor. The bottom line is this: The PSO Ep 3 card revolution should be called: Yu-Gi-Oh: The PSO Saga.

Well why is your advatar Endu? Well you havn't played so? If you liked the phantasy star series you would like it. Cause you take turns. Card based battle systems give use a chance to use tactics and logic in pso. I don't know about you but I don't see the big whoop in pso plus. And this should start in ep3 amd and in FKL. Did you just join to rant or actualy join.

*gives look of guilt*

anwserman
Jan 1, 2004, 03:51 AM
On 2003-12-31 22:02, SpikeOtacon wrote:
The Saturn's publicity department was a stupid mistake. Trying to force Online gaming too early on was a mistake. Trying to make that Dreamcast MP3 downloading service was a mistake. But making Ep.3 a card based turn strategy? Not a mistake. What was a mistake in SEGA/Sonic Team's history was the addition of that useless cat Big from Sonic Adventure. Thank god you never had to play as him in SA2.
..but that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother board. Putting it simply, try it, you just may like it.

But in SA2 he was hidden in many places and it was fun trying to see where he was hidden!

navci
Jan 1, 2004, 03:13 PM
Well why is your advatar Endu?

Off topic: Endu rockz.

On topic: I am sick and tired of people who like to bash things before they actually have a try on their hands. Really, OMG EP 3 is a card game! That is so dumb! Sega has no brains! Sonic Team sucks! Card game sucks! It's for kiddies! Blah blah blah blah! Seriously, now we have a game that require some sort of brains and strategy, and people go yelling OMG that's so stupid. Fine, if you think it's stupid, don't buy it! No need to keep bashing and bashing and bashing. Sheesh.

Sorry I am in a really crappy mood and this didn't click with me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Daikarin
Jan 1, 2004, 06:31 PM
I think most guys who criticise card games like Yu-Gi-Oh never gave it a shot and judge it by their looks. If kids play the game, then it's assumed as a game for kids. Try to play it first, rant later ok?

Personally I was tired of PSO gameplay on Episode 1 and 2.

Bradicus
Jan 1, 2004, 06:38 PM
Ah the classic "cards = Yu gi oh" theorum. Gotta love the fact that he is so incredibly misinformed that he compares a "stupid card game" (that he most likely has not played, but instead formed an opinion based on the TV show) to a video game that involves the use of cards...

I shall hold my judgement of Ep. 3 until i have played it, and i hope everyone else will do the same.

ps- i have never played Yu gi oh, so i will not judge that either.

Guile
Jan 1, 2004, 09:07 PM
I think it's a mistake..they should of added another shitty 4 levels, new main badguy boss, crap load of weps, and 100 more lvls! But Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

badbitz
Jan 1, 2004, 11:18 PM
nah i think this is better..
ep.3

metermore
Jan 2, 2004, 07:51 PM
im sick of ep 1&2 cause its so addicting i mean i know this guy (100% legit) who was lvl134 i think then about 3 weeks later he was 200

im also sick of it cause i hate pushing a,a,x for hours on end

Robo47
Jan 2, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-01-02 16:51, metermore wrote:
im sick of ep 1&2 cause its so addicting i mean i know this guy (100% legit) who was lvl134 i think then about 3 weeks later he was 200

try swithing it to a,a,b for a change! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif persionally, I kick it up a notch (BAM!) by making my button combos a,a,(r)b

shifter
Jan 2, 2004, 10:50 PM
On 2004-01-01 15:38, Bradicus wrote:
I shall hold my judgement of Ep. 3 until i have played it, and i hope everyone else will do the same.

i havent heard much about ep3, but all of has been bashing. people have opinions, but dam, ive seen this game take more flack than some WW2 planes, and like stated before, itsnot out yet. i usually wait till i can look at a game mag before make a choose about how a game is, and wether i want it or not, cause most of the time they r un biased. but bashing something someone has no clue about shouldnt be new to people, hell its the american way.

badbitz
Jan 2, 2004, 11:37 PM
On 2004-01-02 19:19, Robo47 wrote:

try swithing it to a,a,b for a change! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif persionally, I kick it up a notch (BAM!) by making my button combos a,a,(r)b

for good fun put on the rumble! -_-

Aunt_Betty
Jan 3, 2004, 07:30 PM

I'm with you. It's the same thing over and over again in episodes 1&2. you go through caves and die,kill stuff and almost no one does battles. But in episode 3 that will all change. Lots of battles,no more rutine,and no game will ever be the same.