PDA

View Full Version : Hi I have a few questions about PSO for GameCube

Ice_
Jan 3, 2004, 04:17 PM
I heard that Sometimes characters get deleted , how often does this happen ? and are there things to do to prevent it from happening.

Are you able to play 2 player online ? or is this feature only offline?

and how populated is the game for GC.

thanks

-Ice

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ice_ on 2004-01-03 13:21 ]</font>

Butoden
Jan 3, 2004, 04:28 PM
It doesn't delete your characters, not like automatically or something! And you can't play on-line with 2 players and some GC servers are heavily populated.

Tai
Jan 3, 2004, 04:30 PM
Some people have gotten currupted online by bsod or fsod

No multi mode online only one player

and most people who play pso are japeness but there are usually about 600-700 users in US

kitomaka_ck
Jan 3, 2004, 04:42 PM
When your game freezes while it is saving, or the power gets shut off while saving, your data is corrupted and unusable. PSO doesnt support the guest system like X-BOX does. Usually on the US ship there is no more than 500 people, But on the JP ship there is usually 2500 or more, and very few (maybe 30) I've seen on the EU servers at one time.

PhatDiddy
Jan 3, 2004, 05:00 PM
ur data gets lost by BSOD or FSOD, but there are otherways of loosing it (my friends brother through his controller at his GC and the data got corrupted)

u can only do 2 players in offline multi-mode, but when u play online theres plenty of other ppl so u won't need a friend

the GC servers get crowded sometimes, not sure if there any more populated than PSOX but theres always someone to play with.

Myopathy
Jan 3, 2004, 06:04 PM
On 2004-01-03 14:00, PhatDiddy wrote:
(my friends brother through his controller at his GC and the data got corrupted)

Now why would he go and do something like that?

TerraStriker
Jan 3, 2004, 06:10 PM
And how could it have possibly got him corrupted?

badbitz
Jan 3, 2004, 06:48 PM
maybe it messed his game up or somehting.
stupid anger

JohanCC
Jan 3, 2004, 08:09 PM
On 2004-01-03 14:00, PhatDiddy wrote:
u can only do 2 players in offline multi-mode, but when u play online theres plenty of other ppl so u won't need a friend

You can have 4...

the GC servers get crowded sometimes, not sure if there any more populated than PSOX but theres always someone to play with.

They are FAR more populated.

Amiadon
Jan 4, 2004, 06:20 AM
DAMN!

I was just typing and the screen refreshed... I had so much text :'(

Anyway, the GC servers are interconnected, so we can all play together, no matter what country you're in. On the x-box, they aren't.

FSOD (Frozen Screen Of Death) freezes your game. When it freezes when you are saving, you lose EVERYTHING. there are some ways of regaining your data, but they only work 1/4 of the time.

Um, on the GC, you get more quests, and PSO III, C.A.R.D Revolution (or evolution... I'm not sure http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)
which is very likely to stay on the GC exclusively.

There's some other stuff, but its not too important... I typed it in before, but the damn
auto-refresh erased it all.... ;'( ::uber-sad::

SJMcNic
Jan 4, 2004, 04:00 PM
using a wavebird your account information may accidentally get transmitted to another wavebird

you can only play 1 player online but you can play 4 player offline

PhatDiddy
Jan 4, 2004, 04:20 PM
the whole thing with throwing the controller was kinda confusing. i think he got pissed off for some reason and took his rage out on his game cube instead of helpless rappies. i guess it shook the memory card up, or sumthing like that that screwed it up.