PDA

View Full Version : Translated Ending?

XN095
Jan 3, 2004, 05:14 PM
Just wondering, does anyone know why the xbox version of the ending theme song got translated into english? I used to own it on GC and if I remember correctly, the GC version was still in japanese. Why did microsoft have it translated?

TerraStriker
Jan 3, 2004, 05:18 PM
Well I never really paid attention to the ending so I don't know BUT if that is true the only reason why it is in English is because the Xbox version came out later than the GC version so that is the main reason behind the translation...

Lone_HUmar
Jan 3, 2004, 05:22 PM
On 2004-01-03 14:14, XN095 wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know why the xbox version of the ending theme song got translated into english? I used to own it on GC and if I remember correctly, the GC version was still in japanese. Why did microsoft have it translated?

What? They were both always english, I have defeated DF and Olga Flow countless times and I listen to it alot. It's English.

Alielle
Jan 3, 2004, 07:39 PM
This is why crack is bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kurosawa
Jan 5, 2004, 07:25 PM
The songs on PSO have been in English since the DC days, in both the US and JP versions.

badbitz
Jan 5, 2004, 07:55 PM
Why can I still see the light?
You're saved...

yeah its on english on the GC at least..
Dunno about the other versions -_-

Zaneatron
Jan 6, 2004, 03:03 AM
If you read the credits it says who the Title music was done by and where it was recorded.

Loren was the artist. And it was recorded at a recording studio in London. I seriously doubt sega are going fly out a person from Japan to London, just to make a recording.
The music was also done by the London Philamonic, or something, i may be wrong on that bit though :S just go and kill falz, it aint the much trouble http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

A2K
Jan 6, 2004, 05:39 AM
There never were Japanese language versions of The Whole New World, Can Still See the Light and World With Me. There were early versions on Dreamcast that didn't have lyrics but used La la's (as in you know, singing "la la la"--there's a word for that but I forget what it is) in the place of the first two songs.

The absolute proof of this is the fact that the soundtrack (which you must import from Japan) to the original DC game includes the lyricized versions in ENGLISH, as well as written-out lyrics in the little cover thing.

I don't think the London Philharmonic had anything to do with the game... although I might be wrong, I don't know. The "Wind Orchestra" versions of the first two Episode I songs were performed by the Tokyo Tokei Wind Orchestra... or someone like that, I believe. In any case the songs themselves were composed by Wavemaster's Hideaki Kobayashi and Fumie Kumitani, the latter of whom has done a lot of Sonic Team's stuff in the past, actually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2004-01-06 02:42 ]</font>