PDA

View Full Version : Hidden temple?

monkeyfist
Jan 4, 2004, 01:12 AM
ph34r teh olmec!!
http://kojiko.home.mchsi.com/olmectalk.gif

SpikeOtacon
Jan 4, 2004, 01:14 AM
Oh my god.....someone else remembers that disturbing show...my team was teh' blue barracudas.
Ahh...the childhood memories.....
**walks off**
**gunshot is heard**

Mixfortune
Jan 4, 2004, 01:17 AM
Funny... I didn't remember it until I read Spike's post...

Dime
Jan 4, 2004, 01:39 AM
Secrets of the hidden temple? Is that what the show was called?

SpikeOtacon
Jan 4, 2004, 01:43 AM
Legends of the Hidden Temple I think. Gah, damn my thought blockage!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-03 22:43 ]</font>

Dime
Jan 4, 2004, 01:55 AM
That's where a bunch of teams competed, then the winners went through a temple to try to reach a prize right?

SpikeOtacon
Jan 4, 2004, 01:56 AM
Yeah, and they had to use these 'pendants' to get away from the 'temple guards' who were half naked guys grabbing kids and throwing them back stage.

Dime
Jan 4, 2004, 01:58 AM
Lawsuits of the Hidden Temple.

Yea I used to watch that when I was little.

I guess it's why I turned out this way..

monkeyfist
Jan 4, 2004, 12:12 PM
Red Jaguars
Blue Barracudas
Orange Iguanas
Silver Snakes
Green Monkeys
Purple Parrots

first the six of them had to cross a moat. first 4 move on.

then olmec tells them a story and the four teams have to answer questions. 2 move on.

two teams compete in "temple games" themed with the story for pendants of life. team with most pendants go to temple

in the temple they have to find an artifact and bring it back to the host in 3 mins. nobody ever wins, though. temple guards pop out of doors and the ground and if the kid doesn't have a full pendant of life, they are taken hostage and the other kid goes.

Dime
Jan 4, 2004, 02:02 PM
I saw a few win.

Mixfortune
Jan 4, 2004, 02:05 PM
Same here. Only one or two though... I only really watched the show when I happened to see it on.

Black000Moon
Jan 4, 2004, 02:13 PM
gawd they did a hell of alot of stuff in that show....didnt they do some swimming kinda stuff for crap or something to do with water?

SpikeOtacon
Jan 4, 2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah, the moat crossing at the beginning of the show. And the 'temple games' could've involved the moat. As monkeyfist pointed out, it was six teams. The four that crossed the moat first would go to the temple steps and answer questions on a story that Olmec would tell. Only two teams would be left and they would play the temple games to get 'Pendants of Life' and compete to see which team would go to the temple. In the temple, you had to cross many obsticles and solve many puzzles while not getting caught by the 'temple guards' (which was impossible, btw). Rarely anyone actually made it through the temple.

Bradicus
Jan 4, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-01-04 11:22, SpikeOtacon wrote:
Yeah, the moat crossing at the beginning of the show. And the 'temple games' could've involved the moat. As monkeyfist pointed out, it was six teams. The four that crossed the moat first would go to the temple steps and answer questions on a story that Olmec would tell. Only two teams would be left and they would play the temple games to get 'Pendants of Life' and compete to see which team would go to the temple. In the temple, you had to cross many obsticles and solve many puzzles while not getting caught by the 'temple guards' (which was impossible, btw). Rarely anyone actually made it through the temple.

Perhaps after all of the cheesy games, there was no budget left over for prizes.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 4, 2004, 03:02 PM
The prizes were fairly retarded too. Most of it was stupid shit like sneakers or maybe a plastic telescope. Rumor has it that they rubbed it in the loser teams face by giving them all subscriptions to nickloden magazine.

Dime
Jan 4, 2004, 03:13 PM
They got these flute lollipop things, I forgot what they were called. Had a parrot as a mascot.

geewj
Jan 4, 2004, 03:16 PM
That show beat the hell out of Doubble Dare.

monkeyfist
Jan 4, 2004, 03:22 PM
which double dare?
there were 4 or 5 different ones

geewj
Jan 4, 2004, 03:24 PM
All of thier power combine!

monkeyfist
Jan 4, 2004, 03:27 PM
http://www.nick.com/your_world/gamesandsports/watch/show_info/shows_legends.jhtml

listen to olmec's soundbites. good times.

Outrider
Jan 4, 2004, 03:28 PM
I liked the game show that Summer Sanders hosted. What was it called?

"Parade of Washed-Up Nickelodeon Stars"?

monkeyfist
Jan 4, 2004, 05:31 PM
FIGURE IT OUT
it also featured Billy the Answer Head

there was also Figure it out Wild Style that was all animals

cutestduochan
Jan 5, 2004, 01:41 AM
Guts! beat them all. I loved that show!! XD

Nai_Calus
Jan 5, 2004, 04:52 AM
Gods damn you, now I remember that show. XD

And then there was the episode of Wild and Crazy Kids or whatever it was where they were competing to see who could make the biggest wad of chewed gum... O_o;

Anyone else remember Roundhouse? I always loved that one. All the cheesy cardboard props... Hee. Good times. All That sucked in comparison.

dark_agenda
Jan 5, 2004, 07:32 AM
Talk about a stroll down memory lane...

Snick was the shizzle back in the day.

It had Roundhouse, Are you afraid of the dark, ummm... some other shows but those two were my favorites.

anwserman
Jan 5, 2004, 05:19 PM
"Space Cases" and the "Secret World of Alex Mack"

KaFKa
Jan 5, 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-01-05 14:19, anwserman wrote:
"Space Cases" and the "Secret World of Alex Mack"

those are the threshhold shows, right on the verge of good and crap...

but yes, good times reminiscing about those old shows...

roundhouse, secret temple, salute your shorts, clarissa explains it all, are you afraid of the dark, figure it out, guts!, the list goes on. kinda makes me sad that theyre all gone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Allos
Jan 5, 2004, 05:43 PM
I liked the show where the kids played video games and answered trivia questions to win crappy prizes. The final challenge was placing the kids "INSIDE" the game. Then came the day that I discovered they were in a room with a blue screen. Then came PSOW......

Outrider
Jan 5, 2004, 06:18 PM
Nick Arcade? I liked how the first game they played was always just Pong with a different theme.

My brother tells me they have an ever cheesier version on Nickelodeon now. No idea what it's called though.

monkeyfist
Jan 5, 2004, 07:10 PM
Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, Think fast, double dare, guts (including global), finders keepers, and wild and crazy kids (remember blowing up RC trucks on the beach with explosives?) and more are on nick GaS channel. call your cable or satellite operator (sorry, no roundhouse, alex mack, shelby woo, or pete and pete)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeyfist on 2004-01-05 16:13 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jan 5, 2004, 07:13 PM
On 2004-01-05 16:10, monkeyfist wrote:
Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, Think fast, double dare, guts (including global), finders keepers and more are on nick GaS channel. call your cable or satellite operator (sorry, no roundhouse, alex mack, shelby woo, or pete and pete)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *dramatic pose*

that show was so great... *sniff*

Monomate
Jan 5, 2004, 07:59 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!

Thank you Spike! I'd been trying to figure out where i'd seen that thing before. and you brought it all back!

*follows spike*
**another gunshot is heard**

badbitz
Jan 5, 2004, 08:04 PM
wow...I remeber ALL of those...
remember that one thing that was like the hidden temple except the contestants had to like do all these obsticals in a non temple area...
They were very similar -_-
I remeber the last thing they had to do on the show im talking abot is climb this big rock thingie...
well they all beat the stupid Slime Time live -_-

monkeyfist
Jan 5, 2004, 09:56 PM
big rock thingy = crag from GUTS

anwserman
Jan 5, 2004, 10:15 PM
I liked Shelby Woo, until they got rid of her friends and gave her new ones. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

s.TiNgEr
Jan 5, 2004, 10:24 PM
On 2004-01-05 18:56, monkeyfist wrote:
big rock thingy = crag from GUTS

Whenever they said that, It always reminded me of a dry asscrack