muff
Jan 6, 2004, 08:10 AM
Fuck you, auto-refresh.

Amiadon
Jan 6, 2004, 09:12 AM
I second that.

Superguppie
Jan 6, 2004, 09:23 AM
I third that. Already had to retype 5 posts.....

polishedweasel
Jan 6, 2004, 09:30 AM
I don't have that problem. I didn't even know there was an option for auto refresh. Meh.

Superguppie
Jan 6, 2004, 09:31 AM
What do you mean option? Does that mean I can turn it off?

ABDUR101
Jan 6, 2004, 10:13 AM
Well, it's not on option in your profile, so unless it's an option on IE that I'm missing, I'm pretty sure it's a banner or two that are doing it.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=72924&forum=6&21

Superguppie
Jan 6, 2004, 10:53 AM
Could very well be. I noticed the last few times the Final Fantasy advertisement was on when the refresh happened....

Kasumi19
Jan 6, 2004, 11:34 AM
I hate the auto refresh as well. It is very annoying and I have lost some nice posts that way. If I know that I will be typing a detailed response. I will typically place it in a text document and then copy and paste it in so that I do not lose it.

Monomate
Jan 6, 2004, 12:29 PM
auto refresh? what's that?

anwserman
Jan 6, 2004, 12:35 PM
Where you sit there while typing a post, and the page refreshes or goes back a page in the history, causing whatever you typed to be burned and destroyed.

Basically, it only occurs when you have like seven paragraphs of text written down in a reply and the page refreshes... causing all of it to go "bye-bye!"

Monomate
Jan 6, 2004, 12:58 PM
On 2004-01-06 09:35, anwserman wrote:
Where you sit there while typing a post, and the page refreshes or goes back a page in the history, causing whatever you typed to be burned and destroyed.

Basically, it only occurs when you have like seven paragraphs of text written down in a reply and the page refreshes... causing all of it to go "bye-bye!"

ah...i've only had one instance of that...but it happened three times in a row...

Nai_Calus
Jan 6, 2004, 05:23 PM
Six to me once in IE. Hasn't happened since I finally managed to get Mozilla DLed on this computer. Could be crappy coding somewhere having to do with the ad banners that does something to IE. Wouldn't surprise me, IE will render anything. Had to use it once to look at a page where the asshat making it put all the image URLs with -backslashes-. -_-; Mozilla, like a good boy that doesn't run broken crap, choked on it and wouldn't show the images.

Is everyone having this problem using IE? O_o;

Firocket1690
Jan 7, 2004, 03:19 AM
On 2004-01-06 14:23, Ian-KunX wrote:
Is everyone having this problem using IE? O_o;

Well, it only happened at my dad's house (for me), where I use IE and a DSL connection...

here (home), I'm on aohell and a 56k connection and it never happened.. Yayy !

Superguppie
Jan 7, 2004, 03:43 AM
As ABDUR101 said, it's probably a banner doing it. Last 2 times I had it, the Sword of Mana add was running at the top. I suspect that one, so whenever I see that one, I'll wait with starting to type until the refresh is done.
I never got the refresh twice on the same page...

Deathscythealpha
Jan 7, 2004, 06:04 AM
Ive had it a couple of times on AOL *spits*. If you hear the auto refresh 'click', just hit the stop loading button, Cancels the thing otu and lets you get along with your post.

polishedweasel
Jan 7, 2004, 08:19 PM
IF you hear the click. Just hit esc. That stops the load.(just a spinoff of the last post)

LamerPanda
Jan 7, 2004, 09:07 PM
Never had it happen to me...

But I also never have the banners up. If it really bothers you, you could fiddle with the hosts file. >_>

Black000Moon
Jan 7, 2004, 09:20 PM
i 5th that(or 4th) auto-refresh suxors it mostly happens to me in that bank character thread in fan fics.

Myopathy
Jan 8, 2004, 02:03 AM
Yes auto-refresh does blow big goat nuts.

And I've had it happen to me like 37 times. Ugh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif