PDA

View Full Version : I HATE IT HERE!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!! @#$&!!

Amiadon
Jan 7, 2004, 02:40 AM
Ok, I'm veeeeeeery angry. Here's why:

Today I went on a one hour car trip to the nearest EB. I get there, and have to do some chores, go shopping for others, etc. Before i can get to EB. So I do all the shopping, make everybody happy, then make my dainty little way over to EB, to get PSO again (lost my disc).

I approach the GC shelves, but cannot see it. So I rummage around, pull out games, start ripping down the shelves and whatnot, looking for PSO. I can't find it, so I go ask the sales representative. And here is what we said, in quote:

Me: Excuse me, but do you have any copies of Phantasy Star Online for GC?"
Him: What!?
Me: Phantasy Star Online. It's a game on the GameCube.
Him: Sorry, that game was never released here in Australia. Its very cheeky because Sega charges you a lot of money to play, so it was never released.
Me: (Yeah right, I just HAD A BLOODY COPY A MONTH AGO! AND I SAW ONE IN ANOTHER STORE (two hours away) JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO!!!!) Umm... right. Well... um... *is at a loss for words* Got any other good games? Like... good ones?
(I realize how stupid I sounded, but I was shocked.)
Him: Yeah, we have Myst 3: Exile on PS2 for 50 bucks (About 25 American)
Me: Ok, I'll get it. (I liked the first one, plus this one was a collectors edition).

Anyway: Today's lesson=

EB IS SO CRAP! THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!

Don't buy there.

[/end rant]

Thanks for reading. I feel much better now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-07 01:25 ]</font>

Kasumi19
Jan 7, 2004, 03:35 AM
I am sorry to say that I am not even surprised by that response at all. I only shop there when they are having a clearance sale because they sell nice stuff really cheap. I got some nice six button analog controllers for my Saturn there with Nights included for $5.00. I would try and order a new copy of the game online if I were you.

Atax
Jan 7, 2004, 07:57 AM
PAL Phantasy Star Online was discontinued here after the second shipment.

Amiadon
Jan 7, 2004, 08:35 AM
It was? Hmm... I had not heard this.

The PSO I saw was pre-owned, but i think i'll still get it... IF it's there... which it should be. I really hope I'll find it, if i don't all my stuff is done! Crap! I think I might have to get it imported... I think I posted this in another thread, but if anyone knows a site from where i can order PSO PAL in AUD (aus dollars) It would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Kasumi19
Jan 7, 2004, 09:34 AM
This version should be a version that you can use since it was released in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000086F7J/ref=sr_aps_videogames_1_1/026-7819863-8426848

I hope this helps!

If not I think you could just have your GC chipped and play a U.S. version or Japanese version of the game.

Nai_Calus
Jan 7, 2004, 11:04 AM
At least they'd heard of PSO at the EB I got my GC at. They didn't have it, though, had to go to WalMart to get it. X_x;

Myst III: Exile is a good game, though. I wasn't sure how good it would be, especially with the company change and the disconcerting complete change of the woman playing Catherine(It was actually two people in Riven - For whatever reason her voice was done by a different actress than the one who did the physical acting, heh.) But it managed to live up to the series, at least IMO, so.

But yeah, EB tends to suck, regardless of country.

anwserman
Jan 7, 2004, 12:11 PM
Heh, I went to an EB at our local mall in Duluth, and looking at all of the X-Box games, it said that PSO for the X-Box couldn't be returned because of the fact that the game is tagged, and once it goes online it registers all this crap about you, blah blah blah. Basically, the sticker said that the game can only be used by one person, and only one person and once you buy it, it can't be returned.

But for PSO-X? It has resale value unlike any other version of PSO, with the serial numbers! Plus, none of the other X-Box games that were online had that sticker either! What bloody morons.....

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 7, 2004, 05:12 PM
My local EB Games must be one of the rare ones where the staff is very knowledgeable, but nevertheless, I don't shop there because EB's prices are way too high. Here in Alberta, EB charges $74-$79 for a game, no matter how old it is. If it's a preowned version, they sell it for $50-$70. At Wal Mart or Future Shop, games start at $49 and rarely exceed $65. I only shop at EB now if I have some games I'd like to trade in, because it's the only time they're cheaper.

Amiadon
Jan 7, 2004, 09:06 PM
On 2004-01-07 06:34, Kasumi19 wrote:
This version should be a version that you can use since it was released in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000086F7J/ref=sr_aps_videogames_1_1/026-7819863-8426848

I hope this helps!

If not I think you could just have your GC chipped and play a U.S. version or Japanese version of the game.

Thank you very much, but they do not post to Australia... I found a copy on ebay, so if I can't get it by credit card over the phone to EB, then I'll get it from there... hopefully. I used to think EB was good (being the ONLY vig. game store in Australia, we don't have Walmart... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif) until the incident... And yes, Myst III: Exile is great, although very challenging.
*sigh* But PSO beats it any day... I need that disc!

Black000Moon
Jan 7, 2004, 09:25 PM
My eb is very stupid too they I was asking for a game(can't remember what game) they said it would be in, in a few days..no it came in 2 and a half weeks later...smartasses.

Blitzkommando
Jan 7, 2004, 10:53 PM
I've found that asking anything about PSO GC at any store, unless you know someone on the staff is knowledgable, they will say one of a couple things:
1. Never heard of it...
2. That was never released. (yes I have heard of this at a Wal-Mart that had it in the week before X.X)
3. It was discontinued (possible but not confirmed)
4. Are you sure you don't mean XBox?

Bah, video game people seem to be hard to find working in stores. Especially for the GameCube.

Amiadon
Jan 7, 2004, 11:16 PM
We all need to start a PSO club and go rallying in the streets about Gamecube and all its wonders.

And YES, the GC CAN go online!! I don't believe how many people have looked at me strangely when I've mentioned this. What do you think the holes and connections at the bottom are for?! Visual pleasure?!
We really need a GC abilities FAQ... Hmmm....

Sord
Jan 7, 2004, 11:18 PM
mi found PSO in about a week after i wanted it. I think is was in EB, that's if EB=Electronics Botique

Amiadon
Jan 7, 2004, 11:21 PM
Damn you and your good luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Well, I only hope the same thing happens to me.... I'm so worried. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sord
Jan 7, 2004, 11:32 PM
oh yeah, i got them because my friend saw three of them two days before i got them, and they had them when i went.

Shimarisu
Jan 8, 2004, 01:38 AM
What's your address? Could post you one of my PAL copies, they are both lying redundant due to bf not playing, and anyway, I'm getting Plus.

- Shimarisu

Amiadon
Jan 8, 2004, 07:26 AM
I absolutely, toatally, cannot believe this.

EB in Southland does not have it!

On an even MORE infuriating note:

I sent an email to the seller on Ebay asking him whether his PSO is PAL or NTSC. I wait a day, but no response. So i send another one. Another day goes by, and still no response. So i figure
"What have i got to lose?" And go ahead and bid. 5 minutes later, guess what? I get an email. 4 simple letters:
NTSC.

You do not need to hear the profanities uttered after that, but sheesh, even I didn't know what I was saying. Worst thing is, I have to talk myself out of a bid!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif not an easy thing, mind you.

I think, Shimarisu, I will take you up on that offer. Tell me how much money you want (In AUD) and i'll send it to you. Thanks uber-much. Adress in your inbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-08 05:24 ]</font>

Amiadon
Jan 9, 2004, 06:04 AM
Uber-great news!!!

My bid was succesfully cancelled!!! Now i don't have to pay $70 for nothing!!!

I haven't been as happy or relieved for years!

well, thats all....