PDA

View Full Version : NPC's

Monomate
Jan 7, 2004, 09:14 PM
the most stupid things i have ever seen...

NPC's are always higher levels than me, yet they use shit weapons and do shit damage. Not to mention they're stupid.

Another reason they do such crappy damage, is they have no MAGs! Magnitude of Metal goes on and on and on about MAGs, yet you are the only character in the game with a MAG...wtf is up with that? Elenor has an excuse...she 'lost' hers...lol...but what about everyone else?

Meh...they are stupid!!!

Discuss...

SpecterOpacus
Jan 7, 2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah... the only non-crap weapons are the katanas... other than that, they SUCK! Plus Elenor has a mag, cept she doesn't want anyone to dupe it. Heh.

Black000Moon
Jan 7, 2004, 09:32 PM
2 words: ST sucks(3 but i counted st as 1 so fuck it)

Outrider
Jan 8, 2004, 03:29 AM
On 2004-01-07 18:32, Black000Moon wrote:
2 words: ST sucks(3 but i counted st as 1 so fuck it)

I'm completely missing the logic here.

Dhylec
Jan 8, 2004, 11:23 AM
On 2004-01-07 18:14, Monomate wrote:
Elenor has an excuse...she 'lost' hers...lol...but what about everyone else?

hm if i remember correctly from ult's quest, elenor's mag is in her
the quest can help it evolve to the mag seen here
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=73204&forum=4&20

i guess since those npcs have cheap weps, no mags, they do crappy damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

FireFury
Jan 8, 2004, 12:40 PM
Thank goodness we get the good weapons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Or else we'd all be screwed when it comes to that stuff.

Barubary6
Jan 10, 2004, 01:33 AM
Another reason they do such crappy damage, is they have no MAGs! Magnitude of Metal goes on and on and on about MAGs, yet you are the only character in the game with a MAG...wtf is up with that?

It's actually because quest programs have no way to generate mags that have useful stats =^_^=

-- Barubary

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 11, 2004, 08:02 PM
Why is it that Kireek does no damage, despite the fact that he is three times your level, and has to use a monomate whenever you hit him?

SpecterOpacus
Jan 11, 2004, 08:34 PM
He has a crap weapon.

bla
Jan 11, 2004, 10:52 PM
Jeez! Elenor only did something like 50 damage in the ruins on the quest "Soul of Steel".

A2K
Jan 11, 2004, 10:58 PM
On the other hand, what would be the point if you could just sit back and let the NPCs take care of everything for you?

MelancholyWitch
Jan 12, 2004, 07:45 PM
with their infinte supply of trimates.

Ketchup345
Jan 12, 2004, 08:13 PM
On 2004-01-11 19:58, A2K wrote:
On the other hand, what would be the point if you could just sit back and let the NPCs take care of everything for you?

You could almost do that with Retired Hunter. Donoph is pretty strong and can handle himself for the most part.

On 2004-01-12 16:45, mexicanpride wrote:
with their infinte supply of trimates.

NPCs do not have an infinite supply of Trimates. In the quest Forest of Sorrow, if Alicia Baz gets hit enough, she uses Resta after using about 10 Trimates.

shifter
Jan 12, 2004, 10:49 PM
whats worse than those stupid ncps, is being an android and the stupid ass ncp's dont heal themselves(mome this is directed at u) or run out of mates because they healthemselve after every nick. piss pour programing if u ask me.

ERS
Jan 12, 2004, 10:55 PM
The only NPC with a decent weapon is Donoph, with his Zanba.

He still doesn't do much damage.

bla
Jan 13, 2004, 10:01 AM
Donoph did plenty of damage in normal.

A2K
Jan 13, 2004, 01:15 PM
Montague and Elenor in Soul of Steel do their share of ass kicking, in, um, the first room... like, the only room where you even fight anything together. Heh. :|

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 13, 2004, 01:21 PM
Donoph doesn't do too bad in the GameCube version, either. I dunno about how it goes on Ultimate yet, but I've found that even Ash isn't too bad. At least some of these NPCs will do combos, now.

Monomate
Jan 13, 2004, 06:01 PM
On 2004-01-13 10:21, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Donoph doesn't do too bad in the GameCube version, either. I dunno about how it goes on Ultimate yet, but I've found that even Ash isn't too bad. At least some of these NPCs will do combos, now.

but Ash is a bloody idiot...

*Watches as Ash gets paralyzed. Then screams in agony as Ash runs at the Dark Belra and stands there in a battle ready pose.*

Also, Zoke has awesome weapons...only...you never see him use them.

And Shino has a Justice, which, really isn't that bad a weapon (it looks cool, it's a mechgun, and it freezes, who cares how powerful it is? Although...I do prefer my L&K14...). But again, she is stupid as all hell.

in terms of sheer stupidity:
MOME>ASH>SHINO

btw...

Elenor's MAG owns. Is there any way to get that in the game?
Probably not...but...is there?

shifter
Jan 13, 2004, 07:13 PM
On 2004-01-13 15:01, Monomate wrote:
but Ash is a bloody idiot...

*Watches as Ash gets paralyzed. Then screams in agony as Ash runs at the Dark Belra and stands there in a battle ready pose.*

ive had to replay From the Depth so many dam time cause of ash. hey, look at me, im paralyzed(sp), i think ill go take out that Chaos Bringer that just appeared all by myself. i dispize(sp?) that quest when im using my racast or hucaseal, cause it only componds ashes shere(sp) stupidity. i hate u sega programers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif.

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2004, 07:27 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=73204&forum=4&26

Monomate
Jan 13, 2004, 07:35 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:27, Ketchup345 wrote:

*points to someone's post somewhere up above*
yeah...i've already seen that.

and that doesn't really explain a whole lot...

from the confusing bit of info that i gathered...the only way to do it is to turn yourself into Elenor...

i have no way to do that, nor a desire to try. i was just wondering if there was any other way to get the bloody thing...(i think it's in the MAG guide...i'll go look there...)

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2004, 07:37 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:35, Monomate wrote:

from the confusing bit of info that i gathered...the only way to do it is to turn yourself into Elenor...

i have no way to do that, nor a desire to try. i was just wondering if there was any other way to get the bloody thing...(i think it's in the MAG guide...i'll go look there...)

It involves AR. And I didn't think the two links lead to the same place. Sorry. No other way. Other than that, there is no guide on how to get it in PSOGC/PSOXBox.

Monomate
Jan 13, 2004, 07:42 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:37, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-01-13 16:35, Monomate wrote:

It involves AR. And I didn't think the two links lead to the same place. Sorry. No other way. Other than that, there is no guide on how to get it in PSOGC/PSOXBox.

guide says from holiday rappy mag cell...yet when you click for a list of mag cells, none evolve into either 'Elenor' or 'Elnoa'

hmmm...

and if it's not available on Ep.1 and 2 why not say that like with the Hamburger mag?

(in the master mag gallery: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1016)

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2004, 07:46 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:42, Monomate wrote:
guide says from holiday rappy mag cell...yet when you click for a list of mag cells, none evolve into either 'Elenor' or 'Elnoa'

and if it's not available on Ep.1 and 2 why not say that like with the Hamburger mag?

Name Elnoa
Bar Fills Boss Fights
P.B. 1/10 HP You Die
Evolution Level 0
Info
Not available on EP 1 and 2.

Name Hamburger
Bar Fills Boss Fights
P.B. 1/10 HP You Die
Evolution Level 0
Info
Evolved from Mag Cell from Holiday Rappy drop.

Monomate
Jan 13, 2004, 07:54 PM
On 2004-01-13 16:46, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-01-13 16:42, Monomate wrote:

Name Elnoa
Bar Fills Boss Fights
P.B. 1/10 HP You Die
Evolution Level 0
Info
Not available on EP 1 and 2.

Name Hamburger
Bar Fills Boss Fights
P.B. 1/10 HP You Die
Evolution Level 0
Info
Evolved from Mag Cell from Holiday Rappy drop.

ah...right...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
the guide confused me...(easy to do considering there's this nice long blue bar at the bottom of every MAG's...uh...description...that would make a logical seperation no? but...what's logical to me apparently isn't logical to anyone else...)

navci
Jan 13, 2004, 08:56 PM
On 2004-01-11 17:02, SnoopyEgotist wrote:
Why is it that Kireek does no damage, despite the fact that he is three times your level, and has to use a monomate whenever you hit him?

This is actually really weird. I finished the Kireek Soul Eater plot at level 54 on Normal. Yes. Normal. Kireek hit me, 1/3 HP gone. I had to keep zonde and keep running because ... well I am not supposed to resta either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I dunno. He frightens me.

MelancholyWitch
Jan 13, 2004, 10:38 PM
The reason why npcs suck is because they have no mag/some have no frame or barrier. and all the units they dont have. so go try forest at lvl 36 with nothing on and a soul eater.

Blitzkommando
Jan 13, 2004, 10:47 PM
The reason why npcs suck is because they have no mag/some have no frame or barrier. and all the units they dont have. so go try forest at lvl 36 with nothing on and a soul eater.

You forgot one minor detail... NPCs don't combo either. That's the main problem with the non-force NPCs. The force ones on the other hand just use one type of technique that usually turns out to be the opposite of the one needed to take advantage of enemy resistance. Oh and NPCs can be rather strong, though usually due to a glich. I've had two times where ELENOR is in forest, in normal, at level 55... I couldn't get any exp.. ;_;

Nai_Calus
Jan 14, 2004, 12:43 AM
Some NPCs are either using units or hacking their stats, though, lol. A L15 FOnewearl can't use a Lockgun without a God/Arm and an Elf/Arm, and yet Elly is a L15 FOnewearl with a Lockgun. ...Who doesn't use techs, oh god the pain(Oddly enough, she uses them in SotH, where she -isn't- pretending to be a FO. *snork*)

Must. Kill. Cicil.

Lendis
Jan 14, 2004, 08:55 AM
Kireek isnt really using a Soul Eater anyway. Last i checked it was a partisan and hit multiple targets, yet kireek only ever seems to be able to hit 1 at a time, I'm not referring to combos, i know he only does 1 swing 99% of the time, I'm referring to the kireek surrounded by boomas who only ever hits 1 booma per swing thing.

He might be slightly more usefull if he actually hit more than 1 target like a hucast with a partisan should.

Naagata_Clan
Jan 14, 2004, 01:07 PM
On someone's comment on NPCs don't combo, I beg to differ. Every time I've done From the Depths, I see Ash perform the combo all the damn time. As far as NPCs not having frames or shields, in some of the higher up difficulties, you see them doing a block, and their barrier is a special one... the kind that you get from actually wearing a barrier. anyways, the only NPC problem I had was Ash in normal. In hard and Vhard, I was able to handle it all on my own, and on ult, well the NPCs became useful again since they are all level 100+, they actually do decent damage... except for a few... but either way... I found that Donoph and Ash were the most useful ones regardless of difficulty... (Me being a good person with support spells helps I guess)

Ketchup345
Jan 14, 2004, 02:45 PM
On 2004-01-13 19:38, mexicanpride wrote:

I know that some NPCs use a barrier. In Forest of Sorrow, Alicia Baz blocks once in a while (maybe about 1/8?), and something comes up that resembles a barrier.

A2K
Jan 14, 2004, 03:52 PM
Are NPCs generated with base statistics? Or can they be adjusted beforehand? Doesn't seem to me that adding mags would be a problem--even if they had no real stats anyway. Just for appearance, you know?

Outrider
Jan 14, 2004, 03:56 PM
Doesn't one of the NPC's that shows up in a Caves quest have the Delsaber's Shield? Not one that fights with you. She's just sitting around in a room with some switches and another NPC.

bla
Jan 14, 2004, 11:49 PM
I think you are talking about Kroe from the quest "Black Paper".

NOHspeak
Jan 15, 2004, 07:47 AM
KIREEK is level 199 during the 2nd part of Seat of the Heart if "Sue" route is completed.

And I'm fairly certain in "Secret Delivery", the mysterious object to be delivered to Elenor is her mag. EM-12(Elenor's Mag-12?) is most likely created using bio-technology that Montague is so fond of. The mag does have a dark bridge look to it, probably explains why those RAcasts go crazy when you try to give them it.

I don't think Elenor's Mag is an item meant for anyone else but Elenor to have. I just hope Elenor reappears in a future online quest to tie things up with the Calus/Delta storyline...

Outrider
Jan 15, 2004, 12:58 PM
On 2004-01-14 20:49, bla wrote:

No, I don't think it was Kroe. It's just a random NPC sitting around in one of the caves. They don't follow you or anything. Just standing there with another NPC. I wanna say it was a HUnewearl but I'm not sure.

Monomate
Jan 15, 2004, 05:05 PM
On 2004-01-15 09:58, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-01-14 20:49, bla wrote:

No, I don't think it was Kroe. It's just a random NPC sitting around in one of the caves. They don't follow you or anything. Just standing there with another NPC. I wanna say it was a HUnewearl but I'm not sure.

yes she is a HUnewearl, and yes she does have a Sheild of Delsaber, (she also has a rifle-type...someone should tell her HUs aren't supposed to use those...)

ERS
Jan 15, 2004, 05:14 PM
ALICIA uses an Attribute Wall, I was playing FoS and noticed the block animation was the same as my FOmar, who also had one.

NPCs can equip anything or use any technique disc, even if they don't meet the set requirements.

Eeyore
Jan 15, 2004, 06:03 PM
It's not just Alicia. A lot of the NPCs are wearing Attribute Walls. Maybe all of them are wearing one. They'd use crappy shields on DC. It's probably why they seem to survive better now.

ERS
Jan 15, 2004, 06:12 PM
That's true.. And I'm pretty sure Montague uses a Hunter's shell.. And he's a FOnewm..

A2K
Jan 15, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-01-15 04:47, NOHspeak wrote:
And I'm fairly certain in "Secret Delivery", the mysterious object to be delivered to Elenor is her mag. EM-12(Elenor's Mag-12?) is most likely created using bio-technology that Montague is so fond of. The mag does have a dark bridge look to it, probably explains why those RAcasts go crazy when you try to give them it.

I don't think Elenor's Mag is an item meant for anyone else but Elenor to have. I just hope Elenor reappears in a future online quest to tie things up with the Calus/Delta storyline...

It seems more likely to me that the item was a power pack of some sort. I mean, why else would she be collapsed? Later on, when she gives you the Mag in Soul of Steel, she doesn't fall over unconscious or anything. The reason the RAcasts go crazy is because they don't have any clue what you're talking about and return an error.

Outrider
Jan 15, 2004, 07:17 PM
On 2004-01-15 15:32, A2K wrote:

Later on, when she gives you the Mag in Soul of Steel, she doesn't fall over unconscious or anything.

Wouldn't that be great, though? I'd laugh.

soulja2244
Jan 16, 2004, 08:14 AM
Most npc's are wearing hunter/ranger fields and walls. Though some wear attribute wall and shield of delsaber as mentioned above. No npcs have units equipped tho.

NOHspeak
Jan 17, 2004, 06:26 AM
Actually A2K, if I remember correctly, for Secret Delivery there are 2 items. One is some sort of battery, and the other is the "secret."

I'll replay this quest sooner or later... to be certain.