PDA

View Full Version : I WANT NAME CHANGE OPTION!!!!

JohnnyKingOtaku
Apr 12, 2001, 02:02 AM
I have deleted so many characters because what seemed like a good name at first sounds so stupid later. You never know when a name that at first brought you confidence and pride will bring you shame later. I once had a ranger named "Mr. Deckert." I thought this was so cool. I knew some people would get the Blade Runner reference, and sci fi coolness. Later, after my character had reached level 31, I realized that the guy's name is Mr. Deckard in the movie!!!!! I felt so stupid. I felt that if I kept the name I would be living a lie. I feel sorry for those that have made novelty characters and suddenly got some awesome rare, and so they are compelled to keep the character even if its a big fat guy with an afro named, "Fuzzy Winkles."
I wish I wish I wish there was a name change facility available for meseta, no LOTS of meseta, for those that really want it.
Now, heres where it gets complicated. What if this person is a hacker thief who steals stuff and then hacks money into the character to change the name? I have devised a way of differentiating user's by their actual PSO copy....
Let's say that before the name is a small 4 letter prefix, that is shown to everyone who plays with this character. It is already well known that if a person gave you their guild card, and then made a new character on the same system, that new person shows up in your list. Now you would be able to know EXACTLY who this user is.
The prefix is consists of 4 letters, using both upper and lower case, making each character one of 52 possibilities (26 letters in alphabet times 2 cases). When you put 52 to the 4th power (the number of possible combinations of characters) you get the number 7311616. Basically, there will be enough possible numbers for over 7 MILLION different USERS all around the world. Considering that PSO currently has close to 300,000 all over the world, this is more than enough. And the prefix, being only four characters, should be easy to remember, and they should be shown in card lists as folders, in which you can see different character names, and look up previous names used by who you are playing with NOW.
I believe that for this idea to work, the prefix should be non-changable, and that maybe your section ID stays with you no matter what your new name is......(maybe you could change that with EVEN MORE meseta) What this gives you is the freedom to change your name, but your actions will still follow you whereever you go, whatever you do.

Johnny
lvl 17 HuCast -VidaR>
lvl 1 RaCast FENRIR
^ IM NOT A NEWBIE
character levels are so low because I have been killing my characters!!!!

Lmnopia
Apr 19, 2001, 02:07 PM
ummm yeah thats getting alittle too into it. you know if sega listened t all jof these rants then they would never get the game done and what then?