PDA

View Full Version : So I have this friend wo needs some help leveling...

Shadow_Slash
Jan 13, 2004, 12:56 PM
Ok so he's Fomar about level 36 we play offline mode I have a level 58 ranger now (Ramar) His defense (My friend's)= CRAP and dies eVERYWHERE any tips on what he needs or armor and whatnot? I can't hardly help him any moe it's like one hit PWNAGE on him...nd that's only hard mines an above.... @_@ Any good leveling places he could go? Thanks..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Slash on 2004-01-13 09:58 ]</font>

gallaugher
Jan 13, 2004, 01:24 PM
Does he melee or cast techs? As a tech caster he shouldn't get smacked around too badly. Using a FOmar to melee is a good way to get killed.

First things first, his mag. Getting his mag to level 200 is the most important thing to do. The best advice I can give is to keep playing & look for better techs, barriers, frames, weapons & items. Single player offline might be better for leveling up because the enemies are weaker. You could also tank for him in Hard mode.

rena-ko
Jan 13, 2004, 01:25 PM
take one step back. beef him up with secret gear and some dragon/HPs asap.

he is a force, he should tag stuff with rafoie, support you with shifta & deband, resta, maybe trying to jellen/zalure stuff, and besides this, he should watch to not get hit. even leaving the room might help.

good luck

-Luke-
Jan 13, 2004, 02:24 PM
Tag with Rafoie? *shudder*, well I suppose if his level really is that much lower. But what you should do is, get him to run into a room, lower the defense of monsters with Jellen(i think its Jellen), then you run in and wipe em out quickly with a spread. He gets EXP, he gets it fast in a hard area.
Luke

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2004, 02:40 PM
On 2004-01-13 10:25, rena-ko wrote:
he should tag stuff with rafoie, support you with shifta & deband, resta, maybe trying to jellen/zalure stuff, and besides this, he should watch to not get hit. even leaving the room might help.

He is probably just better off tagging with Zalure (at level 58 the RAmar should be able to clear things without getting hit much, resulting in no need for Jellen).

Also, he should try to get a "special" Mag probably, such as a Sato or Nidra, or just any other Mag that has Invincibility for all occasions and Reverser when he dies. If he is all tech, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a 50/0/0/150 Sato/Nidra. Use these guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=107) to help find what IDs and stats are needed, or what other stats may be good for him.

RaMarJay
Jan 14, 2004, 01:30 PM
if u guys play online try looking for me. I'm always willing to help out lower characters. Look for a blue ranger named Jason. Im on around 630pm-830pm then 500am-1000am gmt.

opaopajr
Jan 15, 2004, 06:07 AM
well if you don't mind handling the combat yourself for a while have him tech spray and run.

runs into room, lure enemies into a ball, sprays with biggest radius spell, i usually favor razonde, and then run away back to the doorway. when you get [hurt/lose stat boosts] you run back to the "healing station."

but if you want both of you to have fun find an area where he doesn't get smacked around so much and level crunch there. a few dragon boss kills should even things out a bit. probably would be saving time too.

also find a decent jellen and either /body's or/hp's for his gear, that'll give him some standing power.

Reiya
Jan 15, 2004, 07:43 AM
just keep doing forest runs till he can easily clear forest without dying too much.

rena-ko
Jan 15, 2004, 12:55 PM
On 2004-01-13 11:40, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-01-13 10:25, rena-ko wrote:
he should tag stuff with rafoie, support you with shifta & deband, resta, maybe trying to jellen/zalure stuff, and besides this, he should watch to not get hit. even leaving the room might help.

He is probably just better off tagging with Zalure (at level 58 the RAmar should be able to clear things without getting hit much, resulting in no need for Jellen).

Also, he should try to get a "special" Mag probably, such as a Sato or Nidra, or just any other Mag that has Invincibility for all occasions and Reverser when he dies. If he is all tech, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a 50/0/0/150 Sato/Nidra. Use these guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=107) to help find what IDs and stats are needed, or what other stats may be good for him.

the main difference between rafoie and zalure is that rafoie is a distant point attack hitting multiple targets, where as zalure affects the enemies in a radius around the caster.

rafoie is saver for a very weak chara.