PDA

View Full Version : So yeah....

anwserman
Jan 14, 2004, 11:21 PM
I just had a big revelation tonight when I turned on my X-Box to play PSO. I seriously did not want to play. I did play for about an hour, but my mind was occupied during the whole session.

OK, this is about a new friend I have from college, and his name is Mitch. I named my HUmar after him (much like how I named my FOnewearl after another friend Kelli. Tara, the HUnewearl is named after the BTVS character , and well, my other HUnewearl is named after the drink. Thought it was a cool name anyway. I'm not crazy just to let you know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) Regardless, tonight he invited me out to the college to play basketball. Well, since I'm never one for physical sports, I absolutely bombed. I sucked. [i]But it was fun. The gym closed, I came home, fixed a beeping computer (the keyboard was shot or something), and I sat down to play PSO. I really didn't want to though.

I'd rather do something with him, Mitch. Probably because when I'm with him, I do stuff that I never do. Because of him, I go to volleyball every Monday night. He went once, went down to his house for Christmas break for a month, and I still went, improving along the way. I'm a decent volleyball player I guess, but I never would have thought about doing it if it wasn't for him. Now, tonight with basketball, it was fun because even though I was struggling, he asked if I was feeling fine, etc. I was tired, I never participate in phyiscal excersize like that. Like, it was hard but fun.

Now, he is a friend that I feel comfortable with. I never did this stuff in high-school since I really didn't have anybody I could play with... you know, have a friend along and you're more willing to try new things? Just wanting to feel comfortable, with somebody you know to help you out? That feeling. This is a brand new feeling for me, and I do want to try new stuff with him.

Now, the part that gets tricky is that I want to tell him that I am gay. Its two completely different subjects, but I want to tell him (though I don't need to), but at the same time I don't want to risk everything that I've actually struggled to get... an actual friend. This is a whole new thing for me, and I don't know. I don't know, this thing is confusing the heck out of me. I want to tell him, but at the same time I don't want to lose him as a friend... because I'm shy and I'm out-going if I am with somebody I know, but other then that I'm too afraid to make the first move, to start a conversation with someone to make new friends. I don't want to lose the experiences that I've had because of me coming out to him. If he becomes afraid of me, no more opportunities to play basketball - because I'm to shy to go out and to play with them... because I suck and that I don't have somebody that I'm comfortable with around. I'll still play volleyball, but its other things that I've yet to try out that I might lose the opportunity to experiment with.

I don't know. College has been a wonderful thing. I've met new people, and experienced new things, but I'm also been facing problems that I've never thought of facing before. I thought I'd talk to the people here, as we're normally good at discussing things, and that having an outside opinion works wonders. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-14 20:24 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 14, 2004, 11:51 PM
Well from what you've said of him, he seems really nice. Asks how you are, if you're ok and all that? Hell he seems damn nice. Seems like an understanding guy.

You are who you are, right? You're going to be that, whether you tell him now or later, right? I doubt you're just going to stop being homosexual and hide it, just so you don't lose a friend.

If he's as nice and understanding as he sounds, and if he has a level head on him, I really don't think he'll be offended or shy away from you if you tell him. You'd most likely explain that you are, and then explain that you don't want him to feel offended, or be weary around you, and let him know how much fun you've been having and how much you enjoy his company as a friend.

Arislan
Jan 15, 2004, 12:02 AM
That's "wary" Abdur. I should hope his friend doesn't feel weary around him. ^_^

In all other respects, I agree with Abdur, was going to make a longer post, but then realized he said all I wanted to say anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Sinue_
Jan 15, 2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I agree. Tell him. If he doesn't understand and accept you for who you are.. then dispite his appearance now, he's not much of a friend is he?

MasterJoel
Jan 15, 2004, 02:00 AM
yeah, your friend seems perfectly understanding... and from my experiences, he probably won't care, unless you are coming onto him, in which case he might... you have to make it perfectly clear that the reason you are telling him is because you feel the need, not because you are sexually attracted to him. ooh, i hope i'm giving good advice...

derBauer
Jan 15, 2004, 03:38 AM
I think the above advice is good. If you feel like he took it badly, don't assume he is mad at you, he may just be embarrased. Don't despair if he freaks out, give him a couple days and call him and say "you're my friend and I'm not going to hide who I am" politely and not like you are forcing him to accept anything.

I'll stop now, I don't want to mess things up.

Kasumi19
Jan 15, 2004, 03:56 AM
I agree I think you should tell him. You will probably feel better about the situation and if he is a real friend he will understand.

I hope it goes ok for you.

Amiadon
Jan 15, 2004, 04:13 AM
I'll, of course, say how I agree with everyone above. But hey, if he doesn't accept you for who you are, then he's not a person worth being around. Don't be worried that you'll lose a friend, because friends don't do that.

uhhhh... ^_^ basically what I want to say is that if he is your friend, then he won't leave/become distant. If he does, he was never your friend.

kk, hope that clears my garbled speech up somewhat! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

opaopajr
Jan 15, 2004, 08:29 AM
or you could always try the not-as-recommended ways about coming out to him.

you could hide it, let the sexual repression eat away at your soul; making your once beautiful relationship sour from a never open and level field of trust. then as it is found out from heresay or an explosive scene try to do damage control.

or you could let him catch you in an "unguarded moment of getting dressed" and sport a sexy pink neglige'.

or you could subtly open it with freaky clues like nail polish, hair berets, and catty overtures to his friends as if you are getting jealous.

then there's always friendly-frinedly sporting session that leads to an accidental kiss... and maybe something more. suprisingly there's a lot of straight guys that have this happen as well. there's a lot more bisexual in themselves than most men think. but naturally they're all 100% straight - except for that one time...

or you could do the responsible thing that's been posted by everyone else. the earlier you get it over with the quicker you spare yourself greater heartache.

Omni-Man
Jan 15, 2004, 10:00 AM
Im goin to break this down for you:

If you tell him you are gay but not interested in romance with him then you have 2 possibilities:

A. He accepts this aspect of you, either now or eventually, some slurs come up, but they are meant as friendly ribbing instead of outright insults, you solidify an ally and get to experience a new good aspect of life.

B. He freaks out, calls you a fag, dumps on you to all his friends, never plays Basketball with you again, and solidifies himself as a true A$$wipe and NOT someone you would like to be around after all.

Gain potential: infinite
Loss potential: finite

OR

You don't tell him this important personal factoid, he finds out anyway, and either:

A. Gets upset, forgives you, but is still wary about you and often passes you over for his other friends.
B. Freaks out calls you a LYING fag, possibly causes you bodily harm, dumps on you to his buddies, and proves he is not worth your time and worse, he is now a serious liability.

Gain potential:finite
Loss potential:infinite

I would say go with the first scenario simply because your gain-to-loss potential ratio is much better than the second.

Moral? Telling the truth and facing your ph34r (heh) now will always create trouble; the truth is often painful. Lies create trouble now AND later; they are always discovered, and always bring worse consequences than truth.

I hope that helps to clear some things up for you.

Best of luck!

Superguppie
Jan 15, 2004, 10:26 AM
Hmmm, I thought I wouldn't respond here. But with Omni-Man summing up possibilites, I might as well add a 3rd option:
There is a small chance that he feels the same way. Suppose he is also gay, and he is also shy about it, and figuring whether to come out to you. Then telling is the very best thing you can do...
Of course, small chance. But my guess is weirder things have happened.

You might wanna try finding out about him (gently and politely!) and maybe give some hints, like opaopajr suggests. (or a little less obvious: suppose you see two gay men walking hand in hand. That's could lead to a talk on oppinion on that...)

For the rest of it, I agree with most of what was said. Whatever you do, don't force yourself to be someone you're not. You'll never be able to keep it up. And the longer you wait, the more it can hurt, unless the friendship cools over time.
Real friends are usualy the ones that stick with you no matter what. Even if it will take some getting used to for him, it'll be worth it.

anwserman
Jan 15, 2004, 12:40 PM
Thank you all for your advice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I'll try to open lines of conversation the next time I'm talking with him.

Thank you guys very much.

navci
Jan 15, 2004, 03:46 PM
I'm late! But good luck! I hope you find a real friend. We all know how hard it is for those to come by!

anwserman
Jan 15, 2004, 05:18 PM
Ahahahahahahahaa...... I just thought of something that really really bites the dust. Yeah, I am going to tell him I'm gay (probably after our Algebra class tomorrow... if he's there that is. We've wandered the halls talking throughout after other classes so yeah its a possibility to do it then.)

Anyway, lets say your a guy who wants to become friends with a girl... not boyfriend/girlfriend relationship but just a friendship. You do stuff together once in a while, talk with each other, and personalities match, its very well possible to fall in love, or genuinely like that said person.

Well, whatever it is, the feelings I do have now I haven't felt in a *long* time, way back in highschool and I do not want to make the same mistakes over again. I do not want to repeat mistakes (and which mistakes I made I will not say), but love is can be very, very confusing at times. I don't know, maybe my head is foggy from my cold I got last night. Its an odd situation, I do like these feelings I have, yet I dispise how I feel at every single breaking moment.

This will cheer me up though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turtle.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-15 14:19 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jan 15, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-01-15 14:18, anwserman wrote:
Ahahahahahahahaa...... I just thought of something that really really bites the dust. Yeah, I am going to tell him I'm gay (probably after our Algebra class tomorrow... if he's there that is. We've wandered the halls talking throughout after other classes so yeah its a possibility to do it then.)

Anyway, lets say your a guy who wants to become friends with a girl... not boyfriend/girlfriend relationship but just a friendship. You do stuff together once in a while, talk with each other, and personalities match, its very well possible to fall in love, or genuinely like that said person.

Well, whatever it is, the feelings I do have now I haven't felt in a *long* time, way back in highschool and I do not want to make the same mistakes over again. I do not want to repeat mistakes (and which mistakes I made I will not say), but love is can be very, very confusing at times. I don't know, maybe my head is foggy from my cold I got last night. Its an odd situation, I do like these feelings I have, yet I dispise how I feel at every single breaking moment.

This will cheer me up though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turtle.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-15 14:19 ]</font>

Love is always a risk, no matter what, heterosexual or otherwise, emotions are abstract and complex.

But, it is better to risk than to never know the bitter sweet taste of a possible love...

Good luck in whatever you commit yourself too...

Sord
Jan 15, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-01-15 14:18, anwserman wrote:

Call me ignorant if you want i guess, but, what are you trying to ask us?

anwserman
Jan 15, 2004, 05:29 PM
I don't know, I'm just foggy headed, with a cold, ranting. *sniff*. Damn cold.

Just ranting, just ranting. At least I can let my feelings right now be known to people, instead of keeping them inside. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Omni-Man
Jan 16, 2004, 02:42 AM
.... heh heh heh....

I knew this was going to go in this direction, but I wanted you to say it first. This throws a serious wrench into my logic matrix above, but it can still be salvaged.

I have a few questions for you and PLEASE remember that I have no wish to insult you. You seem like a decent guy who, like everybody, gets a bit confused at times. Here we go:

Do you consider yourself "gay" gay? By this I mean do you foster NO interest in girls, or do girls do it for you to?

When did it finally click with you that you are homosexual? Highschool? Middle school? Earlier?

HOW interested in spending time with you is this guy? Does he tend to confide a LOT of personal information to you, including relationship problems?

And Finally...

Have you considered the possibility that the reason you are attracted to him could be due to his acting as a "gateway" to new experiences? Would it be that difficult to play basketball and such without him?

These questions may seem strange, but I assure you they are ALL relevant to your current situation.

Remember this, no matter what you should tell him about your homosexuality; if nothing else, this will act as a barometer of his character. I would tackle this first and THEN determine whether or not to confide your attraction to him.

Take this one step at a time, and I wish you the best of luck.

Shimarisu
Jan 16, 2004, 02:57 AM
If I were you I would be careful, don't tell him you are gay while you are alone with him. Or if you do, skirt around the issue and don't make a big deal of it. Most people have slight homophobic tendencies. You need to forgive them for that, it's just their crappy upbringing - just try to initiate them to the whole idea gently, and DON'T completely give up on everyone who initially acts like a retard over it - you may end up with no friends and be viewed as self-obsessed.

If you are friends sexuality is moot. So if you blurt it out suddenly he may interpret this as a there being a REASON you had to tell him. Ie, he may think you fancy him. You can't bring something like this up without skirting around the issue, or it may seem weird. People are very odd, I have to tell them I have a brain disorder. They never see me the same way again, and end up avoiding me. But I still HAVE to tell them, so the best way is usually after a mini event - ie. I get upset, then I have to casually drop it into the conversation: "I'm sorry I acted that way, I have... this thing you should know about." I think it's harder for me, because this problem I have makes me high maintenance for EVERYONE. So I have had to learn the softly softly approach, because I know what bigots society produces - and it's not always their fault.

So you could casually talk about a guy you like from a TV show, or a movie star, and then when he looks surprised, YOU act surprised too, and say "Oh, didn't you know? I am gay. People usually can tell." (or something like this, I don't know). Make it out like it is the most unimportant thing in the world. Then if he acts weird, laugh it off and say "haha, don't worry, you are not my type, I just want a best friend I can hang out with, you know?" Let him know he is important as a friend.
Unless you really DO fancy him. That could be awkward.

Another plan is to get together with a group of people including him, and tell them all, make it out like it was really hard for you, but this is sort of your coming out gig, and you want them all to understand and be friends with you still. That's how a friend of mine did it. He told us all. He also told us at the same time, that he was a furry and liked to imagine he was an otter. I think people had more of a hard time dealing with the latter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

- Shimarisu

navci
Jan 16, 2004, 03:12 AM
Whoa. Shimarisu has really good points and methods on how to break things on people! Salute! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Now I know how to break odd news to people. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Still good luck to you answerman~! Afterall, you have the answers!....

*smash head* That's my attempt in being funny. eep.

MasterJoel
Jan 16, 2004, 04:25 AM
suprisingly good advice, once again. just don't push for something that may never happen and alienate him from you as a friend.

but yeah, you still have to tell him. i can tell you like him a lot, and keeping that a secret would crush you. even if he isn't interested in that sort of thing, he may be flattered. you never know.

anwserman
Jan 16, 2004, 11:09 AM
Hmmm... yeah, you guys knew what was coming. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I knew it was coming, too... I just couldn't say it right away without feeling uncomfortable.

But yeah, I read all of your advice (here at my computer at the college), and I'll take a second look at it once I'm at home, too. You guys knew what would happen, and you guys speak the truth - perhaps I do like him due to the fact that I am trying new things when he's around, broadening my horizons. That I feel comfortable enough around him to try new things... I bet that is probably it, I'm rather shy and I get embarassed easily when I'm with people I don't know.

Regardless, Shismaru (sp? no ancient chinese martial arts expert name this time around http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) did give a good point, I just need to give myself time. I should come out, I need to come out... I just need to find the right time and when.... meh. I'm thinking about the otter right now, and its making me laugh. Saw a special on MTV about that a while back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't know, he's gone for the weekend (I think he dropped out of my Alg class for one at a later time, too) so, there goes the plans of talking to him after class. Hmmm... volleyball would be a possibility, but I've only been going there for like seven weeks so thats too new.

I'll tell him when I have the time, and I've been thinking of what to say in my head to do damage control (I've been thinking all last night and this morning to pass the time during my boring classes). I post the results eventually.

And once again, thank you all for the advice. And man, aren't my problems... predictable? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Jan 16, 2004, 02:00 PM
And once again, thank you all for the advice. And man, aren't my problems... predictable? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hey. It's not called predictable, it's called a pattern, without it our lifes will fall into pieces. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I wish I can provide better advice than best of luck, but, well.. I can't. So. Best of luck! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Luke-
Jan 16, 2004, 02:36 PM
You da rappy wit da answers so go out there, strut your stuff, and make us proud dammit!
Luke

anwserman
Jan 16, 2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'd peck your ass and run away then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2004, 03:48 PM
Glad I'm not too late to give advice. I've got a few thoughts on this subject. I believe that Shimarisu was pretty well along the right lines, but allow me a moment to share my own thoughts.

My suggestion is this: Don't hide anything. I'm not saying that you should run up to him one day and say, "Hey! I'm gay!" BUT, don't try to pretend that you're not. If it comes up, just nod and say, "Yeah, I'm gay." Otherwise, don't make a big stink about it. You don't typically see heterosexual guys suddenly look at girls they've been friends with for a while and saying, "Hey, look, I'm straight," unless the subject comes up (though I can imagine such a statement being incorporated into a pick-up line), so why should a gay man make a point to broadcast his own sexual preference? Just confirm it if the question comes up.

By not hiding the information but being very casual about it, you remove all the risk involved in telling him that you're gay. By the time he figures it out, he should be rather accustomed to your presence, and if it turns out that he is indeed a bigot, then this method may cause him to change his mind about gay people. After all, it's easy to read about Soddom and Gramorrah in the Bible, hear closed-minded preachers' interpretations of the story and assume that gay people are wicked, but when you've been hanging around with a gay person for a while, and the realization that this person is gay comes only a little bit a time, then it's hard to look at that person as being a terrible person-- most particularly, if they've proven to be a good friend.

(For the record, my interpretation of the story of S&G suggests that the cities were destroyed because the people were abhorrently promiscuous, not because they were gay-- had everyone coupled up for serious relationships, rather than making it with anything and everyone, I think the cities would've been fine. I am not personally aware of any Biblical verse that specifically states that non-promiscuous homosexual behavior is a sin, or that promiscuous homosexual behavior is any more of a sin than promiscuous heterosexual behavior. Of course, when the Bible speaks of "sinning", it specifically refers to sinning against God-- which, in a nutshell, means disobeying Him. That is the only real sin.)

Do question yourself, though. Are you indeed attracted to this guy as any more than a friend? An observation that I have to attribute to my best friend, is that you will tend to become infatuated with someone you hang around with a lot (I might add, in the same conversation, he pointed out that I must like this girl, because I was talking about her quite a bit. He was right: now I'm married to her).

What is it that you REALLY want? Do you want a relationship, or a friendship? Relationships can be very strong, but if they end, they tend to be quite hazardous. A true friendship, on the other hand, will never end. So again, are you wanting a life partner, or are you wanting a friend? You enjoy various activities, but would the two of get along for very long if you were to be sharing the same living space for several decades?

Ultimately, it's up to you, as to whether or not you want to persue it. Still, I'd say it would still be best to be casual about the subject, at least until you establish whether or not he, himself, is gay.

anwserman
Jan 16, 2004, 03:56 PM
Eh, he probably isn't. For the fact that he's been dating the same girl for like 5 years and calls her his wife... though they haven't tied the knot at all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Heh heh, his "step-mother" is is College Algebra teacher (mine too!)

I don't know, I talked with him today, and it wasn't anything deep or serious (I could have told him but he was walking out to his vehicle), and all and all it was like a three minute conversation - not long enough to tell or to get deep into the subject. I did tell him I got a cold after playing basketball on Wednesday, and I also stated that I knew that I sucked, but that it was fun and that I need to play more to get some skills - practice. He seemed excited. He got a big smile on his face! => http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So yeah, I don't know. He's out of town this weekend, heading down to Green Bay, so I'll be able to think about this whole thing for a while before he comes back.

And Meira, there is one thing that rings true about your statement: My friend, Amanda, we always did stuff together in high-school, and now that college has slowed down our activities a bit (we'd do stuff daily with each other, now its once a week essentially), we still get comments asking when we're getting married. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: A relationship would be nice, but having a good, strong friendship is much like a relationship. I'd much rather get to know him and become good friends more then anything else, before anything else. I'm not one for having tons of friends, just maybe a couple serious friendships that I can depend on, instead of hanging out with a big group of people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-16 12:59 ]</font>

_Ted_
Jan 16, 2004, 07:12 PM
Too...many...smileys.....arrrgggg....make it stop!

anwserman
Jan 19, 2004, 11:07 PM
Well, guess what I did tonight at volleyball. I told Mitch! (And if you noticed, I'm in a good mood!) So yeah, we were playing basketball and he was telling me tips on how to actually do well (he said he could "try his best" to help me, after saying that he doesn't think there is any hope for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

"Mitch, I have something to say."
"Yeah?"
"I'm gay."
"Really?"
"You don't hate me?"
"No. I have a friend down in Green Bay who is gay, actually." (with a big grin, I was estatic!)
"Wow! I was thinking of worst-case scenario here and this is probably the best case!"

He laughs. We went to have popcorn, and then walking out I explained to him why I did tell him, and that it was because I figured he knew somebody who was gay (he does live in a big town compared to the 6,000 people that live in this area), and that I trusted him enough. He was happy actually. He didn't seem to really care, I think he was rather happy too. Good 'ol Mitch.

And I scored some pictures of the people who I play V-Ball with. Quality is bad, I took the pictures from too far away, but they'll do.

http://lucky-s-designs.com/other/photo1.jpg
http://lucky-s-designs.com/other/photo2.jpg

Shyanne, Leann, Mitch, Jim and Jerry. The rest of the people pooped out of the pictures. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyway, I'm in a very good mood!

Solstis
Jan 19, 2004, 11:26 PM
*Cheers*

I think we could make a sitcom out of your life.

DOG21313
Jan 19, 2004, 11:26 PM
Cool! Glad it worked out okay man.

Sord
Jan 19, 2004, 11:46 PM
Glad to hear things are working out for you awnserman. Although i would find it intresting to here about you getting in a romantic relationship, not with Mitch neccasarily, but somebody. Of course, there might always be the one person who meets the standard of "exception" and turns out to be a girl. I think that would screw me up. Being gay, then finding a girl i want to have a romantic relationship with. I think i would wind up sitting on my bed, staring at the wall for awhile, my head completely blank.

navci
Jan 20, 2004, 12:53 AM
Ooh! I am so happy for you! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
w00tness!
weeeeeee!
stuffff! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ABDUR101
Jan 20, 2004, 02:43 AM
Very good to hear, really. I don't think it could have worked out any better. =]

Oh and...where's the pic of you!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-01-19 23:43 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jan 20, 2004, 04:44 AM
YAY! Congratulations answerman. Good to see it work out like this.

anwserman
Jan 20, 2004, 08:36 AM
Well, I was taking the picture so I couldn't get one of me.

But here is an old picture of me, its one my senior pictures.
http://www.lucky-s-designs.com/jeff.jpg

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 10:09 AM
Hiyo, glad everything worked out for you matey, I came out when i was 15 and luckily had the right group of friends. But like people say, if they didnt accept me then i wouldnt want to know them anyways... seems theres not so much bad press against gay people on here after all, on GC PSO i get slated left right and centre (i dont go around shouting that im gay though).

Hope you all have a good one

Chris xxxxxx

navci
Jan 20, 2004, 02:38 PM
Aww. Nice smile. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Solstis
Jan 20, 2004, 09:18 PM
Why do they always make you tilt your head in those pictures?

And... good luck!

Sord
Jan 20, 2004, 09:27 PM
On 2004-01-20 18:18, Solstis wrote:
Why do they always make you tilt your head in those pictures?

And... good luck!

I always tilt my head and they get mad at me.

anwserman
Jan 27, 2004, 06:07 PM
Latest update:

Well, we're still friends... heh heh. He did come over, watch LOTR last Thursday. Now, what I did yesterday completely shocked me (much like the Monday after telling him I was gay), and the end result was that even though I was exausted and tired, I couldn't get any sleep. I think I worry too much.

Well, essentially after volleyball we were outside by our vehicles, just talking... about crap. Well, essentially I told him how I got the courage to talk to him at first, but there is a little story to go along with it. Earlier in the day, he, my friend Kelli and I went to Dairy Queen. He was running late, so it was just Kelli and I and she commented that he is really cute - and I honestly and truthfully replied to her comment with the statement "That was the reason why I originally talked to him." Because I found, and still, find him very attractive. So I admitted it to him last night, when we were talking about friends and how I was the only person in all of his classes that actually made an effort to do something with him. Due to the fact I found him attractive, and that if something happens then cool, if not I'd have a friend. I admitted that too, and that he needed a textbook to borrow since he lost his. That was another reason, since I had a textbook I could borrow. Heh, he got a big grin on his face and thanked me for the compliment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So, even after admitting to him the reason why I got the courage to talk to him was because I essentially found him hot, we still continued to talk about his friends in the area. I did apologize about wanting to do stuff with him, and that he has other friends in the area, but that I experience new stuff when he's around. He smiled and commented on his friends around here, and that how they never want to do stuff during the weekday and only on the weekends with him. I quickly replied to his answer, stating "Probably because they are 19 or 20, not old enough to buy alcohol and that you are 21." He kinda looked down towards the ground like I nailed it on the head, and I just quickly replied, with a big smile on my face and laughing, "I mean I will eventually use you to get alcohol since you are 21 but only during special ocassions - my birthday - but otherwise until then I ask to do stuff with you, at anytime of the week because I like doing things with people I enjoy being with. And it sucks because I can't go to a bar or anything since I'm not old enough, but I can do other things with you instead. I'm more of a fan of being close with a few people then knowing of everyone but not knowing anybody." He laughed and called me a damn bastard.

And then he did start speaking more about the fact that I landed on the truth.

"Yeah, it sucks around here because if I go to a party with them, I'm screwed because I'm 21 - and even if I wasn't drinking or if I didn't provide the alcohol - I'd still be in a shitload of trouble." He also started talking about how people are clicky in this area, and that he has gone to parties before and that nobody ever makes an effort to talk to him, and that the people he went with talk to everybody else at the party, making him feel weird and stranded. He also hates this whole area, about how the people can be so narrow minded at times.. he even commented on how he thought his girlfriend (she's actually the daughter of our College Alg professor - thats another story) would be worse in that area - he commented that she's pretty good. He did comment on how people are like that down in Green Bay, but more in the country area and that those people talk but don't walk per say. He just finds it boring here through the week, and goes home to Green Bay every weekend. I sat there and realized that it is miserable for him to be up here, and that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact I could save up money - and he is here only because he is on his way to get a degree.

I did cheer him up though, after all of this talk about his friends, that I said, "I'm glad I've gotten to know you, because I can go do things with you, along with the fact that I feel that I can trust and talk with you."

Yes, I do think we are friends - and perhaps I'm more a friend with him now because we have talked with each other about serious subjects, and less serious ones too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-27 15:12 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 27, 2004, 06:13 PM
things are looking up for you, they always seem to, unlike me, bleh! But this is your thread and i don't like pity so i'll ignore that. Good to here everythings going alright. Sucks for Mitch though. Alcahol (sp) snitches. Oughta cover them in it and put a mtach to them. Now for those of you who think i meant people who drank alchohol, that's not the case, it's people who snitch it off of others. Stupid jack asses http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Omni-Man
Jan 28, 2004, 12:20 AM
You know, just when I think the universe is one giant crap-shoot and we are all forced to ante up, I see events like this and I say:

"Squinky"

Seriously, answerman the fates have smiled upon you and bestowed you a true confidante. My congratulations.

I work at a gas station, am over 21, and I can't tell you how many times I've had st00p1d k1d5 ask me to buy them alcohol. I just point to my shirt and look at them; 99% get the hint and leave.
From 20 to 30 is an interesting decade. No longer a kid, but you're still trying to establish yourself in the world. Tell Mitch he has my condolences, and to slap one of those free-loading whippersnappers with a rubber spork next time.

Again, I'm glad things turned out well for you.

Happy Hunting.