PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Studio 8

anwserman
Jan 16, 2004, 10:54 PM
5... hours... WASTED.

Yup, I was compiling a DVD of my sister's performance in Joseph, from a while back. So yes, I started the DVD compiling process with Pinnacle Studio 8, at 4:50 CST.

And its 9:52 CST, after the program froze on me. Now, the thing is, it might not have frozen but it did the same thing to me this morning, after I checked on it after starting it up at 11:30 PM... at 7:50 AM it was frozen, too. So, I have absolutely NO idea what was happening, except for the fact that it deleted ALL of the movie data that was compiled (so much for resuming eh Pinnacle?), and now I'm going to try again.

Stupid software.

polishedweasel
Jan 17, 2004, 03:26 AM
Kick it. That usually works for me.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 17, 2004, 09:43 AM
Erg, Pinnacle, i know your pain. Seems to be a very crash-happy program, so i havent bothered to use it for DVD's for awhile.

VioletSkye
Jan 18, 2004, 01:31 AM
For a great lower end dvd authoring program that yields great results, try Roxio. The DVD Builder is actually quite easy to use and the quality is great. Having used pinnacle, I can only say I'm not impressed and I don't much care for the program.

Sord
Jan 18, 2004, 01:33 AM
On 2004-01-17 22:31, VioletSkye wrote:
For a great lower end dvd authoring program that yields great results, try Roxio.

I'll second that, Roxio works really well. I just copied my friend's FLCL dvds using it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

polishedweasel
Jan 18, 2004, 10:56 PM
MY roxio says that I suck and it won't let me burn DVDs...either that or my burner doesn't do DVDs, me thinks it don't do DVD's.

Sord
Jan 18, 2004, 10:58 PM
well, to put it in more precise words, i made a backup of it. But it'ss the exact same thing, so in that case it's still a copy.

VioletSkye
Jan 19, 2004, 12:33 AM
You'll need a DVD burner in order to use the DVD Builder on roxio. There are other programs that will let you make dvd copies with a cd burner though.