PDA

View Full Version : Photo of the "Lost Boss"! (Seen it?)

AzureBlaze
Jan 17, 2004, 01:51 AM
Do you remember when we were fist getting news of GCPSO and everyone was all excited?

For me, it was a great time because I could go around collecting exciting new images every day, trying to learn more about the coolness that we'd all soon be playing in.

However. There's been one shot I haven't seen re-published from where-ever I first grabbed it. (forgot) Nor does the monster itself ever appear in the game we have now, makeing it a "Lost Boss"*

Take a look:
http://psotnl.merlinwebs.com/missingboss.jpg

It looks like some kind of HUGE Gee-Gue varient, but underwater. It also looks like it might be made of colored construction paper. (possibly why they 'scrapped' it?) It's too bad it's so small, but if you look carefully you can see the 3 tiny HUs in the water around it. Also, the shot's an ariel view, not someone's camera. Because it was so early on in the development shots, I doubt anyone would/could hoax it. Has anyone else seen this anywhere else? I'll Just delete this if it's already somewhere.

What do you think? Would you want to fight something like this? Being so huge, I wonder what the attacks were like.

*Lost levels, mosnters and bosses aren't as common as they were a while back, but they are still interesting to discover. Sonic the Hedgehog's 2d games were known for things like this, and there are several sites on the internet dedicated to exposing the lost bits. It's fun that PSO also has something.

Spider
Jan 17, 2004, 02:07 AM
I think its just a shot real high up in the air looking down, and a gee is just coming down, cause they always spawn to high to high to see anyways.

KingChaos
Jan 17, 2004, 04:01 AM
that looks lika a gee from central control

drizzle
Jan 17, 2004, 05:36 AM
Dude, that's a Gee (close-up)

-Luke-
Jan 17, 2004, 06:12 AM
Yeah, but I wonder why they made an image like that, most of the other development images were in a normal camera angle...
Luke

Da3
Jan 17, 2004, 07:45 AM
Tra la la, yeah, it's definately a gee, i'm comparing it with pic i took as i type (except mine ain't birdseye view), but it's so high...i'm gonna research gees from now on.
You are looking at the worlds first gee master!

AHHH! A GEEE! RUUUN AWAAAAAY!

If i seem insane, blame somebody else, like the sugar.

ElizaBluefull
Jan 17, 2004, 10:26 AM
Yep, definitely a gee. I got pinned up against the wall yesterday and saw a picture just like that overlooking the coast. Pretty picture, huge superimposed gee too cause it was just coming out of the sky.

-Luke-
Jan 17, 2004, 10:33 AM
I believe this topic should be left in peace now...
no more acquiescence is required mmmkay
Luke

AzureBlaze
Jan 17, 2004, 02:42 PM
If this IS some kind of really really distorted photo of a Gee which someone put up under the label "The bosses in Ep. 1+2 are massive! Check out this Boss Fight!" so long ago, can I please get someone to post a replica here? Can someone please immitate this exact monster, and make it look just like that?

I don't have the ability to take screenshots.

When I saw the shot, I did NOT think it was/could be a gee, becaue:
-Gees have their stinging tail that hangs down beneath them, not behind them, as pictured. Even when they are spawning, their tail is the same.
-Look at the perspective on the wing which is farthest away. How is the perspective THAT wierd that it REALLY looks like it's over there?
-Gees have segmented stripes on the insides of their 'fat back legs' (to the left of the shot) which this thing only has 1 line on that leg.
-Gees do not spawn that high. I have seen them spawn (when you're at a distance, you can see the 'spawning shimmer' in the sky) And it is NEVER high enough to make hunters look like the little ants as in this photo.
-To get the Gee to look as big as it does, the camera would have to be right directly on top of it, and the gee would have had to spawn in an area at least two times it's normal height.

Does anyone have a ton of really clear, close up screenshots from an above (and other angles) of a gee that they can post up in here?

Because if this was a misunderstanding on the news site back in the day, and they just got a hold of a misrepresentation by SonicTeam of some ordinary monster...why did ST do that? Why did they position their team all around the edge of it acting as if they were getting ready to gang up on it like a boss? There would be no need to show something like that. No matter what it's of, the shot is very weird.

Black000Moon
Jan 17, 2004, 05:20 PM
I think its a gee seen from uber close probably the camera is messed up or something.Because that is what a gees back looks like. Not counting the stinger of course.(which is underneath anyways) Maybe a glitch?..

Spider
Jan 17, 2004, 05:26 PM
Its a gee, they probobly changed appearance from when that shot was taken and the release.

If it was a boss, we all would have killed it plenty of times, perhaps it was a prototype of the seabed miniboss (cant remember its name) but I highly doubt it.

badbitz
Jan 17, 2004, 05:28 PM
wow illusins...I think it is an early version of a gee and they changed how it looked

eNvious
Jan 17, 2004, 07:41 PM
w00t w00t what a gee... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

odie2088
Jan 18, 2004, 01:39 AM
GIANT GEE! GET THE RAID! -runs off to bank to get a gun-

(edit) w00t 400th post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: odie2088 on 2004-01-17 22:39 ]</font>

TyroneBiggums
Jan 18, 2004, 10:28 AM
If that was a boss I would be disappointed that the makers of this game didn't put more time into making a boss than just making a giant version of an enemy u see all over that level... "some kind of gee-gue variant" hahahaha

Para
Jan 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
Definitely a close up gee.. and i dont think its in water...

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 12:06 AM
Whatever you're smoking, I want some...

GEE whiz, a b c d e f GEE, waddup, GEE?, GEE-string