PDA

View Full Version : What happens when...

geewj
Jan 18, 2004, 11:14 AM
an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 11:16 AM
Well, they wouldn't move at all now would they. The force cannot be resisted, but the object cannot be moved, so they would cancel each other out. Are you trying to incite chicken and egg/ falling tree theads?
Luke

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 12:17 PM
On 2004-01-18 08:14, Prof_Frink wrote:

I'd tell you, but you're mom made me promise to keep it a secret.

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 12:21 PM
heh

Zaneatron
Jan 18, 2004, 02:25 PM
either there is no "irresistable" force in the universe, although its commonly reffered to as an unstoppable force. or there is no unstoppable object in the universe.
and if these two great powers of time and space met there would probably be a big explosion. something much like when the universe was first created. antimatter and matter were fighting, in a war if you will" but there was more matter so it "won" in effect and created the universe. so basically whichever force is the greater will overcome the other. either nothing happens or a big explosion. meh see if i care, its never going to happen.

Sord
Jan 18, 2004, 02:32 PM
On 2004-01-18 11:25, Zaneatron wrote:
either there is no "irresistable" force in the universe, although its commonly reffered to as an unstoppable force. or there is no unstoppable object in the universe.
and if these two great powers of time and space met there would probably be a big explosion. something much like when the universe was first created. antimatter and matter were fighting, in a war if you will" but there was more matter so it "won" in effect and created the universe. so basically whichever force is the greater will overcome the other. either nothing happens or a big explosion. meh see if i care, its never going to happen.

you talk of anitmatter like it's darkmatter. Even though all it is is a regular atom, but the electrons are positively charged and the protons are negatively charged. Too bad there's not an abundance of it. If we could find a large abundance of hydrogen anti-matter, our electric and fuel needs wouldn't need to be worried about for a long time.

EDIT:spelling (DAMN TYPOS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-01-18 11:33 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 18, 2004, 02:43 PM
It means you don't get the date.

Sord
Jan 18, 2004, 02:45 PM
On 2004-01-18 11:43, ABDUR101 wrote:
It means you don't get the date.

I don't get that, i suppose you could get time=iresitable force, even though that's wrong. Even if you did it that way, i doubt getting the date could be an object.

Zaneatron
Jan 18, 2004, 03:13 PM
dark matter and anti matter are 2 different things. dark matter is a form of matter. where as antimatter is the exact opposite of matter. our universe is made of matter, but not all of our universe can be accounted for on matter alone. so the theory of dark matter exists, which is basically matter we cant see. because all this dark matter can be accounted for, it has been possible to work out that the universe will never peter out, as it were. it will just go on and on for all eternity. whereas, if there was more normal matter compared to dark matter, the universe would have enough mass, to pull itself together again, and basically explode, and reform. the universe is basically like a star. it forms out of large clouds of gas (matter) and forms itself in to the star proper (big bang) then eventually dies (super/hypernova). ours wont though, which is kinda deppressing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blitzkommando
Jan 18, 2004, 04:38 PM
What man thinks he knows today is smaller than the smallest atom in the center of the universe. Basically we know jack squat about anything. There's your answer.

Solstis
Jan 18, 2004, 05:47 PM
dark matter and anti matter are 2 different things. dark matter is a form of matter. where as antimatter is the exact opposite of matter. our universe is made of matter, but not all of our universe can be accounted for on matter alone. so the theory of dark matter exists, which is basically matter we cant see. because all this dark matter can be accounted for, it has been possible to work out that the universe will never peter out, as it were. it will just go on and on for all eternity. whereas, if there was more normal matter compared to dark matter, the universe would have enough mass, to pull itself together again, and basically explode, and reform. the universe is basically like a star. it forms out of large clouds of gas (matter) and forms itself in to the star proper (big bang) then eventually dies (super/hypernova). ours wont though, which is kinda deppressing

The post was too long for me to finish, but I agree wholeheartedly. Except about the Profound Darkness part consuming the universe every 1000 years. I mean, who makes that kind of crap up?

Bradicus
Jan 18, 2004, 06:29 PM
On 2004-01-18 08:14, Prof_Frink wrote:

lets find out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 08:25 PM
EW DONT B E A CIGAR D))D