PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated Growth

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 12:19 PM
OK. I'm 15 now, 175cm tall. I'm having my growth surt now. I was like 15 cm shorter from 6-late 9th grade. I was a midget. Now, I'm uber growing, so much that when I stand up, my vision almost fucking blacks out. I eat and drink for 10 men following my dad's advice, as the same happened to him, but he said he fainted like 10 times from ages 16-18.
SHIT! Fainting isn't cool. When I got off my bike, I went into a local mall, and as I went up floor by floor, my vision got blacker and blacker untill I got to the 7th floor where the furniture is and I just crashed. I didn't faint, but I almost couldn't see anything. Its so annoying, and I'm posting this because just now, I got up, and the light isn't on in the hall, so I went out of the study, my vision goes dark, and its already dark. Wham. I fell down 10 steps, in a spiral.
I have an ice pack on my head and elbow. And ya know what...?
IT STILL FUCKING HURTS.
ya know what really pissed me off? When I was crumpled at the bottom of the stairs, my vision returned to normal...bastard
Luke

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 12:24 PM
This is the stupidest topic I've ever read.

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 12:42 PM
Well Dime. Oh noes, cos I really don't give a shit. I'm in a lot of fucking pain cos of this crap. So unless you have something constructive to say, you are spamming ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif ), and outside FKL that's against the rules so um, kthxbai
Luke

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 12:49 PM
Wait a minute, you're serious about this? The way you worded it made it seem like a joke post...

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 12:51 PM
No. it is not a fucking joke. I fell down roughly 2 metres, cept I was happily bouncing down the spiral steps as opposed to falling straight 2 metres. yes I do have a little gash on my forehead, but its stopped bleeding. My elbows feeling has yet to deem me worthy of its prescence again.
Luke

Sord
Jan 18, 2004, 12:55 PM
Never heard of blacking out due to growth spurts. Only thing i can think of is your not producing enough blood to stay in your brain. That's why when you stand up after sitting down a long time you sudden;y feel weird, and in my case, everything goes green. Like staring at a bright light for awhile and then looking at something diffrent that isn't bright.

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 12:59 PM
Cos my body is growing too fast. And when I get up, I guess blood leaves/enters my head, causing my vision to slowly black out.
Luke

anwserman
Jan 18, 2004, 01:02 PM
You know what Dime?

FUCK OFF.

I think I worded it up for mostly everybody on this whole board. Somebody makes a serious topic, you rip it to shreds saying its a joke topic. You compare members to other members, such as myself to Shimasaru. You come up with blatant insults towards anyone without any reason to do so - you just do. You are a cocky, immature person whom I can tell nobody likes in real life or in PSO-World. You need to get a life, and you need to take things a lot more seriously then you do because you're pissing us all of here, one by one.

Get your head out of your ass and realize that there is a person on the other end, and that yes we all might have problems that we like talking about, and yes we all dislike your current "I'm better then everybody else" trip.

Sorry mods, no PM here. Dime pushed and I replied.

Oh, L_Evans (sp?), you were at a mall, right? Were you like in a crowded area? Sorry if I'm asking details but yeah, get up slowly. Don't jump up, you'll be asking for trouble. Oh yeah, ironically, my sister's friend from college came up here (along with my sister and her boyfriend), and she stated that she hates getting up because her vision gets blacked out and she feels wierd.

Ironic that somebody would bring that up to me a couple minutes before I read this post!

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 01:11 PM
When I said I crashed, thats kinda vague, I stumbled over to a couch and crashed onto it. Then sat there while my vision cleared up. I then had fun cycling home. My vision funkified a couple times, so I just got off, leaned over the seat till it was normal. This is not helpful considering the other little health deficiencies I have right now...bah.
Luke

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 01:34 PM
How should I have known this was real!? Blacking out because you're standing up too fast? That's pretty rare, and I've never heard of this happening due to a growth spurt.

See a doctor I say.

Meh, sorry for putting you down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dime on 2004-01-18 10:36 ]</font>

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 01:40 PM
I can see why it would be construed as a joke, but why would I joke about this? Its just because most people, when having their growth spurt, its longer and they grow less. Mine are short, and I grow a lot, so I also have muscle pains a lot but thats less extreme.
Luke

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 01:50 PM
I wish I had a growth spurt, screw the pain, I want a few more inches!

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 02:27 PM
How old and tall are you?
Luke

Dime
Jan 18, 2004, 02:35 PM
Around 5'7 5'8 but I've got time to grow. 2 years ago I was like 4'4, so I'm hoping for another one of these "spurts" if you can call it that.

Sord
Jan 18, 2004, 02:37 PM
if i did my math correctly, your about 6.6 feet, L_Evan. Am i right?

Guile
Jan 18, 2004, 03:09 PM
Wait wait wait...........your mall has 7 stories?!

-Luke-
Jan 18, 2004, 03:33 PM
Well, its not really a mall, department store I guess.
Luke

Solstis
Jan 18, 2004, 05:10 PM
Well, its not really a mall, department store I guess.
Luke

7 Story... DEPARTMENT STORE?

Anyway, that really sucks. You should consult your local doctor, get useless advice and a dumb joke. Then, get a second opinion (on the advice, not the joke). Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it's from growth spurts?

polishedweasel
Jan 18, 2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah I was gonna say somethign about that 7th floor thing.... That's alot for a mall. :

Nai_Calus
Jan 18, 2004, 08:09 PM
...Ouch. O_o; X_x;

*puts a brick on your head?*

_Ted_
Jan 18, 2004, 09:51 PM
Mabye its from those 30 posts in a row that you did in FKL!?

Kinda sounds like you gave blood, too much blood, but thats not it because you're too young to give blood. i dno't know about that blood not reaching the brain one though, how long have you been having these black outs?

-Luke-
Jan 19, 2004, 04:30 AM
6.6! I wish...my dad is 6 foot 4 inches, and hes about a head or so taller than me. And yes, cos it happened to my dad I do know its growing to damn fast...and about the department store, it is big for Holland, but the actual floors arent so big. This little Holland, not herrruuuuge USA. Still 7 storeys +basement. No parking though. bastards.
Luke

kitomaka_ck
Jan 19, 2004, 11:56 AM
I'm having something like that also lately... last night when I stood up to get a drink, I blacked out and fell back onto the couch for about 5 minutes. I hope it doesnt get worse for either of us, and I hope youre doing OK

Dime
Jan 19, 2004, 01:40 PM
Narcolepsy?

Shimarisu
Jan 19, 2004, 06:10 PM
Dime, I've had this for years. It is in fact, rather common, and I'm only 5'2. You stand up, black out and faint. It can be caused by numerous things, poor diet, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, etc etc. I don't think it's dangerous in itself (a symptom of something that may be dangerous perhaps), but it's a nifty way to get your boss/teacher to panic and send you home.

Please insert your dig at brain disorders below the dotted line, placed here for your convenience. Lots of people want to see you get in trouble for the garbage you have been flinging lately.

- Shimarisu

.................................................. ..

Zaneatron
Jan 19, 2004, 06:32 PM
i get that mildly i do :S normally after sitting down for a long time then standing up quickly. i thought it was something quite bad, but when i went to see a doctor a while ago they told me it happened because i have a high/low blood pressure. i cant remember which. it feels weird.

Sord
Jan 19, 2004, 07:17 PM
Well, like i said, i've had it happen once, only I had a burst of green. It seemed like my retinas fried or something. See a doc about your blood pressure, to low, raise it, to high lower it. It needs to be right so you can get the right amount of blood in your head.