PDA

View Full Version : Debating on buying GCN version.

Sifpo
Jan 19, 2004, 07:48 AM
I have played the DC version, and Xbox version, both until they got too hacked to play. Is the GCN version hacked, if so, how much? As I looked at prices of everything, I need the BBA, about $35, the game, about $50 (I heard on this site there is a Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 PLUS coming???), and then the keyboard, depening which I get, $20 for the cheap one, or the controll + keyboard for $70. I believe the power of PSO will urge me to pay all of this, but we shall see. Thanks for all help, and answered questions.

By the way, do holiday Rappies always drop the same presents/gifts that contain the same things each year? I want some of those mag cells to be found me me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Superguppie
Jan 19, 2004, 08:03 AM
Look in the Cheaters section and you get some idea. If you think the XBox version is too hacked, my guess is you're gonna think the same of the GC version.
PSO+ is coming to the US next month I think.
So far the Holiday rappies drop the same thing every year. It's always a package that gets you a random item from the collection fitting the type of package.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-19 05:06 ]</font>

ThatOneGuy
Jan 19, 2004, 11:17 AM
While it IS hacked, there certainly are alot more legit players on GC than Xbox. And the freedom to go to JP and EU ships. I would say go for it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

eNvious
Jan 19, 2004, 04:51 PM
What u say is pso online too hacked for playing and fun? i mean if i get a gc net adapter cause i dont have that... and how hacked it is? U guys have played D2 before patch 1.10 ? is pso as hacked as d2 1.09 ?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Superguppie
Jan 20, 2004, 03:31 AM
No it isn't that bad. Or at least, so I've heard, because I never had a Dreamcast.
Also I have no idea how many hackers/legits there are on XBox. My earlier statement was based on the impression that the kind of hacks available on XBox is comparable to those on GC.
Like ThatOneGuy says the advantage of GC is that it is easier to run from the worst of it because you can go all over the world.

Outrider
Jan 20, 2004, 04:52 PM
But seriously... that's a lot of cash to drop for just one game. I mean, I'll be the first to tell you how many good games there are on GCN, but we're talking about just PSO right now.

There are dupers and cheaters all over GCN, but it is possible to avoid them.

I dunno, if I were you, I'd stick with the X-Box version. I mean, I can think of a lot of good things I could spend that money on instead of a game I already own. But then again, I'm not nearly as PSO-crazy as some people on this forum. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ThatOneGuy
Jan 20, 2004, 08:09 PM
Well he's gonna need the adapter and keyboard for episode III and im sure he could get ep I & II on EBAY or at EB Games or Gamestop used for 30$.....thats where i got mine. If you are looking for a somewhat legit experience without having to look very hard go with GC

Gaurdian
Jan 21, 2004, 01:11 PM
offline multiplayer is the best.

Aldaris
Feb 4, 2004, 05:41 PM
you will find more legit players on GC than ne other. no matter where you go you will always find hackers...and alot, but its easier to find legit people on GC and there is more of them there too. also you have to buy alot of stuff if you want to play in style on GC but in the long run payin for Xbox live and a sega HL its more money than youll have to pay for the GC.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 4, 2004, 06:54 PM
Why does everyone call it a GCN? Surely 'Nintendo Gamecube' would contract to 'NGC'?

Mindcooler
Feb 4, 2004, 08:48 PM
Why does everyone call it a GCN? Surely 'Nintendo Gamecube' would contract to 'NGC'?

Yes, what happened to "GC"?

Ugh.. I got Apathy on that test btw.. 8-o

Myopathy
Feb 4, 2004, 09:01 PM
On 2004-01-19 04:48, Sifpo wrote:
I have played the DC version, and Xbox version, both until they got too hacked to play.

I don't understand how a game can get too hacked to play. You can always just choose not to play with those who cheat. I don't know how it is on XBOX, but on the GC, you can always find a legit room if you absolutely can't stand even seeing a person cheat. I personally see why it bothers some people to see a person use a Guld Milla instead of weaker mechgun. As long as they are still playing as a team member, and not EXP hogging, why does it matter? I've perfectly fine if a HUmar takes out a TJ or BKB and starts using it. I might get an initial facial twitch, but it doesn't bother me that he chose to have fun by using duped weapons, as long as he's not spoiling my fun.

Superguppie
Feb 5, 2004, 03:32 AM
On 2004-02-04 15:54, Antimony wrote:

What do you mean everyone? I see 2 people here doing it, and 4 who don't. Not that I know what an GCN is...

On 2004-02-04 18:01, Ezellaur wrote:
I don't understand how a game can get too hacked to play. You can always just choose not to play with those who cheat.

Sadly, there are side-effects of cheating/hacking you can't evade. See the discussions in the Cheaters Topic Group. Plus, why would I have to go out of my way to play by the rules that we all say we agree with? (Don't respond. The discussion on this belongs, and is going, in the Cheaters Toppic Group)
The game becomes too hacked when the effects of hacking completely take away the fun in the game. That point may be at different levels for different people.

Travvell
Feb 5, 2004, 04:22 AM
I`d rather wait for PSO III which is comming very soon. And if you want PSO 1+2 get PSO+ which prevents some side effects we suffer from :S

Superguppie
Feb 5, 2004, 05:09 AM
PSO III is an entirely different game, so you can't call that an alternative.
Also, it is still unofficial that PSO+ is coming to US/EU. So, unless you're willing to import that's not exactly an option either.
And even with PSO+ you can't evade all negative effects.

Travvell
Feb 5, 2004, 05:15 AM
I don`t think it`s entirely different, I think just the combatsystem. The chance that PSO+ will be comming here is average but I`ve heard signals that there is a chance it will happen soon.

PSO+ doesn`t stop all negative effects but it does on some and the game has extra bonusses like quests etc. So if you are getting PSO1+2 I suggest getting PSO+ instead because it`s just an upgraded version of the game.

Nice to see another Dutchman in the PSO scene, you don`t see them alot here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Superguppie
Feb 5, 2004, 05:27 AM
Then you should look closer. There's quite a few actualy. But most of them, like you don't put it in their account data, so it's hard to see...

Anyway, PSO+ will be worth buying (even if you already have the current version) because of the extras and the decreased effects of cheating.

As for the 'just' the battle system of PSO 3 thing. That battle system is what makes the game. And it is WAY different. I think I'll keep playing 1&2 when I have 3. 2 games, and the online part for 1 licence...

RFB
Feb 5, 2004, 06:22 AM
On 2004-02-05 02:27, Superguppie wrote:

Anyway, PSO+ will be worth buying (even if you already have the current version) because of the extras and the decreased effects of cheating.

Not because of the decreased effects of cheating... those who wish to continue cheating, will stick to regular ep1&2. Anyway, there's nothing extra in plus online mode, right?. It will just stop n00bs from being dragged into shop dupe glitching, if they've bought the plus version. Nothing else.

Superguppie
Feb 5, 2004, 06:25 AM
...and the double save is gone...

Travvell
Feb 5, 2004, 06:39 AM
LOL - Hackers will still dupe in ep1+2 and + only prevents you from duping, doesn`t it?

ThatOneGuy
Feb 5, 2004, 07:08 AM
On 2004-02-04 15:54, Antimony wrote:

MMMHMMMM exactly what ive been saying all along

futher off topic: How could anyone say that the combat system is the only difference between EP I & II and EP3?

ok back to topic: BUY BUY BUY when it comes to PSO