PDA

View Full Version : Lazy

Esoteric
Jan 20, 2004, 07:00 AM
I'm lazy, I admit it.

I spent my weekend playing games and sleeping, not doing productive things such as my homework, cleaning, etc.

Come to think of it I never seem to do homework anymore. I will put it off saying to myself that I will do it, then end up blowing it off. It isn't that I don't care, it stresses me out if I don't finish it.

I did the same thing to myself last night and this morning as I do most days. I wait until it is about midnight and then I start telling myself I need to finish my homework, but keep doing things to put it off. This time I finally try to start it, at.. 4am - and then I gave up about five minutes later when I realized I wouldn't get any sleep if I did it.

Now my plan is to skip my first class this morning and do my work for the next class during that time.. because I hate showing up to class without it. Bah, I hate being lazy, it is like a disease.

How am I suppose to ever begin a more appropriate routine when I am so very use to the one I have of being lazy and not productive? The cycle seems unbreakable now. I have only three hours to sleep now too. I stay up worrying and then have little sleep. This isn't healthy. I really wish I was more motivated to change my habits.

Armok
Jan 20, 2004, 08:11 AM
Yep I do the same thing. However I would have skipped the first 2 classes convincing myself I can waste the firdt classes time playing Games.

In the end I just miss the whole day its easier.

Dam Games ruining my life

Superguppie
Jan 20, 2004, 08:19 AM
grin. Sounds like you're hooked.
sigh. Pretty much the same here. Except I don't have homework. But I know I need my rest to function well at work. And I don't function that well lately http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Black000Moon
Jan 20, 2004, 12:53 PM
As soon as you get home screw a break GET THAT HOMEWORK DONE! just do it or atleast half of it. I tried this once and it worked very well but I like better saving my homework for 6pm but still this will probably help ya out.

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 20, 2004, 02:37 PM
This is true. I went through the exact same thing until I put my foot down and told myself that the minute I got home, I would do my homework. I would power through it and if I was lucky, I would get a little time for games at the end. If not, at least I knew I did the right thing. Now during the time I spend playing games it feels rewarding and fun - very well deserved. Not guilty and distracted like it used to, and how I'm sure it feels for you.

Esoteric
Jan 20, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-01-20 09:53, Black000Moon wrote:
As soon as you get home screw a break GET THAT HOMEWORK DONE! just do it or atleast half of it. I tried this once and it worked very well but I like better saving my homework for 6pm but still this will probably help ya out.

On 2004-01-20 11:37, Liquid_Bacon wrote:
This is true. I went through the exact same thing until I put my foot down and told myself that the minute I got home, I would do my homework. I would power through it and if I was lucky, I would get a little time for games at the end. If not, at least I knew I did the right thing. Now during the time I spend playing games it feels rewarding and fun - very well deserved. Not guilty and distracted like it used to, and how I'm sure it feels for you.

That is good advice. I just wonder if I could actually do that.

My schedule as it is now is to take a nap when I come home and then wake up for dinner. After that is my favorite time to go online because that is when friends are on, and that is why it is so hard to finish the homework during that time. So even though waiting to play the games would probably be a good idea, it would be very hard for me to do. I guess I will need to try and force that to happen if I really care enough.

It really is an addiction for me though. I don't smoke, drink (much), etc. Endless hours of games is my addiction. Taking that away during the week? I don't know.. I just don't see it happening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Esoteric on 2004-01-20 12:46 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Jan 20, 2004, 04:14 PM
I did the same thing. Bah, i'll do it in 5 minutes, oh wait, i'll do it after this show, I need a lavis cannon, HW can wait... you get the picture. Now I know everyone else will say to "buckle down and just do it". But I know you won't. I didn't. I did my HW just enough to get a B in the class. Which ment I had to do it 1/2 of the time. When I did do my HW, I did it in my homeroom or in class. I was smart enough to compensate for my laziness. I did it in school because I didn't have anything else to do there. I once wrote a 2 page essay on a book I didn't read (got a B), did 20 math problems (got an A), and did an outline for history in 10 minutes. I, like you, cared about my grades, just not enough to change my lifestyle. Eventually, I just didn't care anymore. I don't know why, but nothing seemed important anymore. I spend the majority of my day just laying in bed or watching tv. All of the stress of needing to do everything and just not getting it all done led to depression. And if you don't find a way to cure your laziness, the same thing may happen. Don't worry about my depression though, I have the ability to decide if I want to be depressed, or be an "emotionless bastard" as Lain 2k3 so eloquently put it. However, I don't know if you have such an ability, so you probably need to get motivated. Tell your parents to take away your stuff or something, if you have nothing else to do, you might do some HW. Since I haven't solved the problem myself, that would be the only advice I can give you. Good luck.

Sord
Jan 20, 2004, 05:08 PM
You got the same thing i have, though mine is generally because i already know it. If only my teachers wouold listen to what i'm saying when i tell them the amount of homework they give the class compared to what on the class is injustice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif I just say flick the teachers off behind there backs and forget the homework.

Esoteric
Jan 20, 2004, 06:12 PM
On 2004-01-20 13:14, PaleKid15 wrote:
All of the stress of needing to do everything and just not getting it all done led to depression. And if you don't find a way to cure your laziness, the same thing may happen. Don't worry about my depression though, I have the ability to decide if I want to be depressed, or be an "emotionless bastard" as Lain 2k3 so eloquently put it. However, I don't know if you have such an ability, so you probably need to get motivated.

I never said I wasn't depressed. Even if I'm in a good mood I usually don't do it.

Tell your parents to take away your stuff or something, if you have nothing else to do, you might do some HW. Since I haven't solved the problem myself, that would be the only advice I can give you. Good luck.

Ha, never. Thanks for the advice though.

AUTO_
Jan 21, 2004, 06:48 PM
You put videogames above your school work.

It's your decision whether or not that's acceptable.

I think about every kid does this...and like you said, it's a pretty unbreakable habit.

I'll give more advice once I go play some videogames.

Later http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guntz348
Jan 22, 2004, 11:44 AM
On 2004-01-20 04:00, Esoteric wrote:
Bah, I hate being lazy, it is like a disease.

Alchoholism is a disease, but it's the only disease you can get in trouble for having.

God damn it Otto, you're an alchoholic!

God damn it Otto, you have lupis!

Skuda
Jan 22, 2004, 12:56 PM
wOOt for lazyness! I do pretty much the exact same thing as you and I turn out like a champ! my grades are super high and barely any homework gets done (exept for last minute essays that get 95%'s). Maybe I'm just a lazy genius. We should get a bunch of people and have them stretch themselves to the non-lazy limit for, Oh say, two weeks. Some people might like it and some will want to go back to their lazy routines. Eh, I'm up for a challange.