PDA

View Full Version : GC: Calling all Gay Hunters... am I alone? *sob*

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 07:30 AM
Am I the only one, surely not as I seen a few fellas on here that have "gay" in their username!! There used to be loads on the DC version...

Just thought Id make a lil lounge so we can chat and go hunting together rather than having to listen to loadsa RA-CAST's and HU-MAR's calling us fags when we play! I have level 200 HU-NEWEARL so I cant be that crap (legit too) so I'd be more than happy to show ya what I'm made of as Im a great Hunter!

Anyways... I know this wont get any posts, or if it does they will be slander! LOL

Respect eachother ok x

Superguppie
Jan 20, 2004, 08:13 AM
Well, if you had looked at the Dead Horse Society, you would have found answerman, who's just told a dear friend about his 'problem'. Luckily the friend was cool about it.

Anyway, I live in a country where the law says I can't make a difference based on (among other things) sexual preference. (It's the first line in our constitution!) I wholeheartedly agree with that rule, and the only thing I don't like is that homosexual people (male or female, that doesn't seem to make a difference) CAN make that difference by excluding me as being in the heterosexual majority.
So, as a serious non-discriminating straight (did I write that right?) guy I resent the call for a gay-only activity.
I currently have 2 mail chars and 8 females. And it's not just because of the good looks! When online with one of the females I can even role-play as one a little. (Only a little, as I am a poor role-player/actor in every way)

So, if you call for respecting people without regard for sexual preference, (which seems to be more your intent than what you actualy say) I'm with you. However, one word of warning: Organize something like this and you will attract the wrong people. It's much like saying 'All legits come to Antares 8'. That will surely get the namecalling assholes there to ruin it...
Oh, and if you're serious about a meeting, there is a topic group specificaly aimed at that: Player Matchup

Hm, odd. You DID get a reply, and it isn't even slander... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-20 05:25 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 20, 2004, 08:40 AM
?

I think this is the rough equivelent of having a group that requires you to put a space (" ") in your name to join. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Meh, actually I haven't seen anybody on PSOX with gay in their name. Is it banned?

ILLI
Jan 20, 2004, 08:51 AM
I feel a hookup in the air http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kingmurp
Jan 20, 2004, 09:06 AM
Well theres your libel, slander is spoken.

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 09:48 AM
Hehe, replies... cant work out if they are good or bad though! Lol.
Anyways, no im not discriminating against straights or excluding ANYONE. Just calling for people to get along without having to put people in boxes (hes gay, shes straight, hes bi etc etc). I just ask that in this day and age we actually do something about it as its 2004 and we still seem to be living in the dark ages! I had a few good team mates turn on me because they found out i was gay and they blocked me and started telling others on PSO that Im a fag (which means ciggarette in UK hehe).

Yes i would like a meet today on PSO... Im not sure of everyones timezones as Im in the UK and it is 2:45pm right now.. but would like to get a team of free, respectful people doesnt matter what or who you are, its the fact that we should all come together and fight alongside not with eachother!

(OH YEAH "ILLI" i HAVE FOUND A CHAMELEON SCYTHE ITS ACE)!! LOL

OK, for fear of sounding like a silly queen or a hippy im gonna hand over to you guys, so is a meeting ok then? Do some quests, C mode or something?

Let me know and Ill try figure out Timezones.

Im a lover not a fighter (except on Ragol then i kick ass) xxx

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 09:53 AM
On 2004-01-20 05:40, anwserman wrote:
?

I think this is the rough equivelent of having a group that requires you to put a space (" ") in your name to join. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Meh, actually I haven't seen anybody on PSOX with gay in their name. Is it banned?

No matey, names are not banned, I have a Char called "Gay" (but only because i wanted Whitill ID and thats what i came up with in the ID Calc. unfortunatley if you wanna "say" gay on PSO you have to put a "." or something like so -> GA.Y
Its stupid really but i guess its to stop slander?
Its no team, its no clan or anything just a "mutual respect group" if you like, i just wanna play with people who dont look down on me for who i am as i love who i am.

Im usually in Antares 8 or EU ships, Spook4 is my main char and my keyword searc is (gathering new members) or something ill confirm that later.
Wouls be great to see some of you online xx

Superguppie
Jan 20, 2004, 09:59 AM
I don't like organizing meetings in open forums. I'll PM...
And for the timezone story. The times of this site are GMT - 8. CET (which is most of the EU) is CET + 1. So, when it was 2:45pm at your place, it was 3:45pm at mine and 6:45am in the US place where the servers are located.

As for the censorshit on PSO. I think it's not to stop slander or namecalling. That still happens a lot in more creative ways. I think it is to keep the parents of all the minors happy. Many parents object to having their kids play in a game where people are using words like fuck or shit...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-01-20 07:02 ]</font>

kingmurp
Jan 20, 2004, 10:02 AM
I'm usually on late at night, which is usually good for EU players. Anyways, I'm on GC so take care, and look me up I usually play Iris on Altair 3.

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 10:29 AM
Good good, I play as Spook4 mainly, drifting between Antares 8 and Spica 1/Spica 10. depends where my friends are. Hope to see some of you guys on tonight.

(My leg hurts, just fallen off my chair!)

Cap_Canuk
Jan 20, 2004, 11:11 AM
It's really funny that this topic should pop up... I was just thinking exactly this!
I was wondering how open-minded people in the gaming community are.
I haven't met too many gays within my own gaming community here in Montreal, but then, I haven't been in it much either.
I'd also be interested in playing with non-judgmental people, or hanging with a group of gays or lesbians too.

As for "excluding" straight people... I think one has to step back a little and realize that sometimes gay people (who have been excluded all their lives in most cases) sometimes simply wish for an environment that doesn't remind them of this exclusion. Also to search for common ground with other players. Being gay is NOT simply "sleeping with someone of the same sex". It's also a whole life experience (just imagine the childhood name-calling, the bashings, the discrimination, the need to often hide).

So on this note:
yeah, I'd love to get together with some other gay/lesbian PSO players... I'm on GC, but won't be online for a couple of days yet (my copy of PSO finally arrived, but I'm having trouble with Canada Customs with ridiculous surcharges for the import).
Oh, and I'd ALSO like to get together with just ordinary other people - non-sexually-identified - to jam and play quests. I'm totally addicted to this game. (I just finished -yesterday!!!- normal mode on my Dreamcast)

anwserman
Jan 20, 2004, 11:18 AM
Actually, for PSOX names are banned.

I know you can't have "Angel" as a name, and having "v.5" is banned also for some reason.

Christov
Jan 20, 2004, 12:01 PM
Well guys I must say I'm really impressed with the number of posts on this topic, Ok relativley its small but to be honest I didnt think I would get any responses or if i did i thought they would be slagging me off or something... Thanks again for posting and hopefully we will have a good lil community going where we can feel comfortable talking about things that we really wanna talk about and not getting called "faggot" for!

Be good all and look out for me tonight, Ill be on GC PSO about 8pm UK time.

anwserman
Jan 20, 2004, 12:03 PM
Heh, I love talking about the whole topic because the internet protects be somewhat, I don't have to watch what I say because there is no 'fear' that I have posting on here (for all you know I could be lying out of my ass), but rest assured I'm not.

Christov
Jan 21, 2004, 01:20 PM
Big thanks too SUPERGUPPIE who i played on GC PSO with lastnight, was fun. Maybe we could have more player meets like this? Get a good community going or something? Dubhe 5 or Anteres 10? (i like the lobby 8 because of the Rainbows... I think Sonic Team knew I was comming! hehehe) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christov on 2004-01-21 10:22 ]</font>

_brainchild
Jan 21, 2004, 11:04 PM
I really hate how people just mock that kind of thing, it's so childish.

But another thing that bothers me is how some people just like to come out of nowhere throw it on you "Oh, I'm gay!". I could really care less. That might be one reason some people have reacted oddly to you.

I might be fun to play with onine by the way. I pretty much role play as my character, and he's supposed to be without gender technically. Just masculine. ^_^ V Big smartass too. But I'm a lowly level 50 HUmar, so I dunno.

Christov
Jan 22, 2004, 07:47 AM
On 2004-01-21 20:04, _brainchild wrote:
I really hate how people just mock that kind of thing, it's so childish.

But another thing that bothers me is how some people just like to come out of nowhere throw it on you "Oh, I'm gay!". I could really care less. That might be one reason some people have reacted oddly to you.

I might be fun to play with onine by the way. I pretty much role play as my character, and he's supposed to be without gender technically. Just masculine. ^_^ V Big smartass too. But I'm a lowly level 50 HUmar, so I dunno.

Just as I thought, someone would miss the whole point and low and behold http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ hahaha.
What Im trying to do here is not to push it in peoples faces (which a lot of straight people do conciously or not) which seems to go unnoticed! What I am doing is trying to provide a community where we shouldnt have to feel like "the minority" or "the odd ones out". Again I was playing lastnight and commented on how attractive i thought an Actor was (Keanu Reeves) as where some of the other players and one of them asked if i was M or F, told them I was M and i got the usual "dont be so gay" etc etc...

If that had been a bloke saying "yeah, pamela anderson is fit, it wouldnt have even been commented on".

Im ranting again... im sorry, just think before opening your mouth ok (bet everyone has a gay relative anyways so think about that!)
XXXX

eRUPT
Jan 23, 2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah and actually alot of people know better than to gay bash on this site, they know how the staff feels about that. You know teamcenter might be something you'd like if you wanna expand on your outings and such.

Reiya
Jan 23, 2004, 07:53 PM
Lame.

eRUPT
Jan 23, 2004, 08:44 PM
On 2004-01-23 16:53, Reiya wrote:
Lame.

Ok that was not needed. And this happens to be your third warning.

anwserman
Jan 24, 2004, 12:14 AM

But its a sign of trust, especially when you tell somebody and you're not openly gay.

And I know now what thread got Reiya banned, or something.

Christov
Jan 25, 2004, 07:43 AM
On 2004-01-23 16:48, eRUPT wrote:
Yeah and actually alot of people know better than to gay bash on this site, they know how the staff feels about that. You know teamcenter might be something you'd like if you wanna expand on your outings and such.

Thanks buddy I will look into Team Centre and see what i can sort out, I just hope people dont think im trying to be "look at me", Im just providing a communtiy where guys and gals can feel comfortable to be who they are etc.
Hope you all had a good weekend anyways.
xxx

MaFiA-ShReD
Jan 25, 2004, 10:17 PM
i'd have to agree not to hide that your gay, but telling everybody that you are doesn't help such as Keiyra or w/e..... forget the name anyway, ya it'd be nice for that kind of group but some people just don't like the fact of gay people..... no offense

<------- Not one of those people

Christov
Jan 26, 2004, 10:08 AM
On 2004-01-25 19:17, MaFiA-ShReD wrote:
i'd have to agree not to hide that your gay, but telling everybody that you are doesn't help such as Keiyra or w/e..... forget the name anyway, ya it'd be nice for that kind of group but some people just don't like the fact of gay people..... no offense

<------- Not one of those people

If they dont like it then its their problem to deal with not mine, I dont like Nuts but I dont go into a nut factory and tell them i hate em, i just avoid em, (sorry that was a pants analogy). It just goes to show who is the better person, I dont have anything against anyone but some people just cant seem to accept anything that is different to them... its really sad, they dont have to accept me because i dont need anyones approval, they should just not even bother commenting.

I will set up something in the TEAMCENTRE soon so keep ya eyes peeled, I will post any news here when i have it.

Take care all xxx

MaFiA-ShReD
Jan 26, 2004, 10:07 PM
true, but why do you think insults were invented...... people are so angry at themselves that they take it out on others...... lol where's this team center thing?

Cap_Canuk
Jan 27, 2004, 10:33 AM
I think what some people don't seem to realize is, saying that you're gay to new friends is a very difficult decision, precisely because of the various types of response you can face.

Straight people take completely for granted that a guy can say "hey Pam Anderson's t**s are hot!" or a girl can comment on Brad Pitt's butt.

Comments about physical attraction, for some reason, come across as more sexual when they're from a gay person. and this isn't fair. It's exactly like when a couple walk down the street holding hands. Why is it more "shocking" when it's a gay couple? Why does it suddenly become "in your face" when a gay couple shows affection in public (and I'm not talking about heavy petting or anything)?

Luckily, I live in a city where it's relatively open on this front.

BTW, I think I chose my PSO character because I thought he was cute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Cap_Canuk
Jan 27, 2004, 10:56 AM
On 2004-01-25 04:43, Christov wrote:
Thanks buddy I will look into Team Centre and see what i can sort out, I just hope people dont think im trying to be "look at me", Im just providing a communtiy where guys and gals can feel comfortable to be who they are etc.

oooh, oooh!
we could call it "PhriendS of DOrothy" (that's how gay cops and firemen in the 50's and 60's would announce themselves... was more discreet than "hey, I'm a fag!")

Christov
Jan 27, 2004, 12:42 PM
[/quote]

oooh, oooh!
we could call it "PhriendS of DOrothy" (that's how gay cops and firemen in the 50's and 60's would announce themselves... was more discreet than "hey, I'm a fag!")

[/quote]

Oooooh, good thinking Batman, I hear what ya saying also, me and my fella are affectionate in puplic but we dont give a shit what people say (we are a couple of big bears anyways so i dont think anyone would mess!! hehehe)

Christov
Jan 27, 2004, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, thanks to the wisdom of Cap_Canuk I have created a Guild called "Phriends of Dorothy" or "PoD" for short.

If anyone wants to join (which i doubt **sob**) then just PM me and Ill make it so! hehe... have fun everyone and keep those eyes peeled on the Team Centre for more info on the Guild front including events and news.

Christov xxx