PDA

View Full Version : Losers and morons getting me down

Garanz2
Jan 20, 2004, 02:40 PM
Ah, school. The place you go to for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, to learn and make friends. Meet people. Or, in my case, encounter morons. They piss me off so much, and it seems the bug of stupidity has even spread to the teachers. I will now give some examples, just to get the bastards out of my mind. These are all thngs that have happened over the last two years.

1) Maths lesson. Let's call me G2, and let's call the teacher Mr.A. I am sitting at my desk, doing my work. Mr.A decides to put some work up on the overhead projector. I am short sighted and wear glasses. SO WHY, IN THE NAME OF GOD, DO I GET SHOUTED OUT FOR TAKING OFF AND CLEANING MY GLASSES SO I CAN SEE THE BOARD PROPERLY?!

2) Breaktime. I go to the school library and book a computer. I sit down at said computer, log onto the network, and so on. I go to my favourites list, click PSO world, and just generally see what's going on. A bunch of year eights, about four of them, with punk hair slick with enough gel to resist a flamethrower, clamour around me. They look over my shoulder as I try to ignore them. They start asking me annoying questions, and finally ask me why I am on planetdreamcast.com. I tell them to go away and mind their own business. They go away. Five minutes later they return with a mobile phone with a camera on it. They tell me I'm sexy and take pictures. It makes me want to die.

3) My english teacher, let's call her Mrs.B, has learnt, through the grapevine, about BFBRRR. She wants to see it. I spend my lunch money on paper and print the whole damn thing out. I rush to my english lesson before anyone else, to give it to her privately. I ask her to please keep it a secret. I give it to her just as the rest of the class starts coming in.

"What's that Mrs.B?"

"Oh, It's just G2's novel."

Kill me. The repercussions are obvious.

navci
Jan 20, 2004, 02:49 PM
I am sorry.
*kicks them all in teh a$$ for ya*

Well, you getting out of there soon? If so, well, keep looking forward, is all I can say...

Dime
Jan 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
WHat grade are you in? Or year?

Deathscythealpha
Jan 20, 2004, 03:32 PM
Ah, School Days. Whoever said they are the best days of your life should be dragged behind a horse then flogged in public.

Just go with the flow, ignore the morons, dont pay any attention to whatever the teacher yells at you for and wait till you get to College and Univeristy, there alot more fun and theres alot less morons. If there are morons, there will only be a few of them and there never tolerated.

Dangerous55
Jan 20, 2004, 03:39 PM
I would of grabbed the phone of the little punk kids. But, thats just me I guess.

Allos
Jan 20, 2004, 03:46 PM
If you are older than the 8th graders you should've stuck up more for yourself (even though that can still be hard). You know, don't take shit from the younger crowd. If you are younger than 8th grade, well, for 20 bucks the DTPA will hunt them down and thoroughly beat their asses.

Reminds me of the time back in Middle School (I think 8th grade) where there was an awards ceremony in the morning. Naturally we were all dressed nice. There was a group of 6th graders (and if any of you have forgotten, there is a huge body structure difference between the 8th and 6th grade kids) that as me and my friends walked by gave us all weird looks and called us "gay" "fags" "homos" etc. After shoving the leader of the group against the wall, telling them all to shut the fuck up, and glaring as we left, they were convinced not to screw around with the older bunch any more.

Robo47
Jan 20, 2004, 03:49 PM
When I did some stories on Fanfiction.net my 9th grade English teacher found out and wanted me to bring a few to class, I just said no. Probably would have been easier on you if you said no Garanz.

Just be glad she didn't read it to the class! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PaleKid15
Jan 20, 2004, 03:56 PM
Two words...home school.

Garanz2
Jan 20, 2004, 04:24 PM
WHat grade are you in? Or year

Year 10.

Ah, School Days. Whoever said they are the best days of your life should be dragged behind a horse then flogged in public.

Amen to that. And thanks for the advice. I think I'm gonna enjoy uni.

If you are older than the 8th graders you should've stuck up more for yourself (even though that can still be hard). You know, don't take shit from the younger crowd. If you are younger than 8th grade, well, for 20 bucks the DTPA will hunt them down and thoroughly beat their asses.

Yeah, I seriously considered punching one of them. The problem is I punched someone before, right in the jaw, and I was threatened with suspension if I did it to anyone again. I used to have a major anger management problem for those reasons back in primary school, and I dealt with them. Maybe i went a little to far. It does feel damn good to punch someone in the face.

Sord
Jan 20, 2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I seriously considered punching one of them. The problem is I punched someone before, right in the jaw, and I was threatened with suspension if I did it to anyone again. I used to have a major anger management problem for those reasons back in primary school, and I dealt with them. Maybe i went a little to far. It does feel damn good to punch someone in the face.

That's no biggie, i got suspened three times for beating up kids that made fun of me. They left me alone after that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif though after the third time i was threatened with expulsion. Not that i really cared about the expulsion at the time, i cared more about not getting on the pc.

Allos
Jan 20, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-01-20 14:05, Sord wrote:
i cared more about not getting on the pc.

Gotta love Sord and his priorities.....

_Ted_
Jan 20, 2004, 06:38 PM
I've got a priority for Sord, PICK A AVATAR AND STICK WITH IT! j/k. Allos, he's part of your organization you know, a repersentative of the DTPA.

As for idiots, there's alot of them in the world, a large percent of the population are morons. You'll run into stupid people alot in your life so you had better just get used to it.

Gnarled_rose
Jan 20, 2004, 07:40 PM
Wow, that sounds like it sucks. I guess I'm (un)lucky like that: No one comes anywhere near me. At all. Not even my friends can have a five minute conversation with me.
It's great. I'm one of those tall, dark, and...dark types. So far, my only theory is some kind of anti-pheromone.
Anway, just tough it out. Buddhists say life is suffering, and the only way to eliminate it is to get rid of desire. I'll meet them half way and agree that life is suffering. I guess it's our job to see some kind of good in this life. So far, the only thing I've picked out is nature and women(Don't worry, I'm male.). I'm pretty sure this hasn't helped at all, but this is the ranting forum, and I'll be getting off my soap box for now.

Sord
Jan 20, 2004, 07:49 PM
On 2004-01-20 16:40, Gnarled_rose wrote:
Buddhists say life is suffering, and the only way to eliminate it is to get rid of desire.

To get rid of your desires, fulfill them! *gets drunk on the hardest wine i can find*

As for school having a lower priorty over the pc, well, i don't know, i knew all the stuff we learned that year anyways. I just don't do my work and skip a grade because that means i'm going to have even more work. If i wanted to i could be a year or two ahead right now. Teachers and principles agree that if i study over the summer, take my first year of highschool and get mostly As, i can take my GED and go to college by the time i'm 16 (i think it's 16, need pen and paper to check my work)

Mattacon
Jan 21, 2004, 06:51 AM
2) Breaktime. I go to the school library and book a computer. I sit down at said computer, log onto the network, and so on. I go to my favourites list, click PSO world, and just generally see what's going on. A bunch of year eights, about four of them, with punk hair slick with enough gel to resist a flamethrower, clamour around me. They look over my shoulder as I try to ignore them. They start asking me annoying questions, and finally ask me why I am on planetdreamcast.com. I tell them to go away and mind their own business. They go away. Five minutes later they return with a mobile phone with a camera on it. They tell me I'm sexy and take pictures. It makes me want to die

I know exactly how you feel,except for one major difference. It's not the kids who are asses,it's the librarian,and she also has the stupidest rules.
1.You can't have sound on the computers.
2.you're not allowed to even watch the people on the computers. you have to sit at a table and do nothing.
3.once you sign in,you can't leave until recess is over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mattacon on 2004-01-21 03:52 ]</font>

opaopajr
Jan 21, 2004, 05:41 PM
but what if you really ARE sexy to those 8th graders? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

and the teacher about the glasses thing - that's just silly, but hey, stuff happens.

and that novel thing at english! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif who knows, there's probably several classmates who are all intrigued that you are so creative - and there are those teasing you about it because they are jealous and feel threatened. you might steal their cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

or perhaps you live in a very vivid personal hell with the entire universe out to make you miserable. yeah, that's it. whole universe leading up with great suffering and you're the punchline. yeah. most likely. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

suggestion? smile, shrug, and while saying little, still be polite, and look as if you are a mysterious distracted artist.

anwserman
Jan 21, 2004, 06:20 PM
Just wait for college, its much better than highschool. Trust me, been there done that and college rocks.

Zaneatron
Jan 21, 2004, 07:36 PM
I believe Garanz2 is british, therefore we dont carry around dollars, and college is highschool here. universtiy, which is its proper name, it the place you get degrees, and where you are now anwserman i do believe?

i thought id add in a bread down of how the british school hierarchy compares to the US version.

ok reception = kindergarten
primary school = elementary school
secondary school = hmmmm, i dont actually know this one, dam shame. anyone help?
college = high school
universtiy = college

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-21 16:41 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 21, 2004, 07:43 PM
On 2004-01-21 16:36, Zaneatron wrote:
I believe Garanz2 is british, therefore we dont carry around dollars, and college is highschool here. universtiy, which is its proper name, it the place you get degrees, and where you are no anwserman i do believe?

????

Look, I just replied in how it made sense to me... so yes, "University" is much better then college, or what the hell through 12th or 13th grade, or whatever grades you guys go through in your public schooling.

Saiffy
Jan 21, 2004, 07:48 PM
On 2004-01-21 03:51, Mattacon wrote:

2) Breaktime. I go to the school library and book a computer. I sit down at said computer, log onto the network, and so on. I go to my favourites list, click PSO world, and just generally see what's going on. A bunch of year eights, about four of them, with punk hair slick with enough gel to resist a flamethrower, clamour around me. They look over my shoulder as I try to ignore them. They start asking me annoying questions, and finally ask me why I am on planetdreamcast.com. I tell them to go away and mind their own business. They go away. Five minutes later they return with a mobile phone with a camera on it. They tell me I'm sexy and take pictures. It makes me want to die

I know exactly how you feel,except for one major difference. It's not the kids who are asses,it's the librarian,and she also has the stupidest rules.
1.You can't have sound on the computers.
2.you're not allowed to even watch the people on the computers. you have to sit at a table and do nothing.
3.once you sign in,you can't leave until recess is over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mattacon on 2004-01-21 03:52 ]</font>

the REALLY sad thing is if those 8th graders have internet at home, they'd come here and sign up and fuck around, get banned and thats the end of that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blitzkommando
Jan 21, 2004, 07:59 PM
secondary school = hmmmm, i dont actually know this one, dam shame. anyone help?

Middle School or Junior High

Sord
Jan 21, 2004, 08:11 PM
On 2004-01-21 16:59, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Middle School or Junior High

aren't they the same? except junior high tends to have more extra currculur sport teams.

KaFKa
Jan 21, 2004, 08:56 PM
on the glasses thing... life is shit, and shit happens...

on the little punks: personally, i would have beaten the shit outta them and taken their camera phone, and held it ransom http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

on the novel thing: meh, i wrote a decent sized 'story' for my senior (12 year, i guess) english class, didnt have to do anything that whole semester http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

all in all, just get over it, if you get hung up over little stuff like this, the big stuff will get to you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blitzkommando
Jan 21, 2004, 10:37 PM
Middle School or Junior Higharen't they the same? except junior high tends to have more extra currculur sport teams.

I guess I didn't make it clear. Middle School and Junior High are the same thing. Different areas of the country call them different things but, having been to both, they are one in the same.

Chaos_Phoenix
Jan 22, 2004, 03:47 PM
I'm sure that you don't want everybody's pity, so here is my advice for you.

First, Mr.A: Why, you ask? I'll tell you why. Because teachers enjoy making themselves feel superior. That said, they make it part of their day to occasionally secure their superiority. Now, you were probably just in the right place at the wrong time. I say this because I see no other reason for him to yell at you. Unless, of course, you did something that you didn't tell us.

Second, the punks: Just ignore them. You can't, I repeat: YOU CANNOT let them get to you. If they persist on bugging you, turn into their bugging. The next time you see them doing something personal, go over and start asking questions. If they tell you to go away, don't. You have what I like to call seniority. You are two years older than them, and hopefully stronger than them as well. So, if nothing else works, just intimdate them. That always works for me.

Third, Mrs. B: That was totally uncalled for what she did. You asked her not to tell anyone, so what did she do? Tell everyone in your class. So, basically she shared your work with the rest of the class, which is what teachers do. She merely does what she knows what to do.
Like the other things, you just can't let it bug you. Let those who have wronged you deal with the bad karma, while you bask in the light of good karma.

With that, I bid you farewell, and I wish you the best http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Allos
Jan 22, 2004, 05:16 PM
I've got a senority story to tell. Just happened today. Me and the boys got off the bus at our bus stop. Mind you, our bus stop is next to a McDonalds. The local middle school got out early today, so naturally all of the little bastards were swarming around McDonalds. As we got off the bus, a group of "thugs" started to curse at us, call us "gay high schoolers", and other various things that would get me banned. My friend says to me, "I've had enough of this." He walks over, and decks the kid. A cop was there too and he was laughing his ass off. Never the less the kids all left McDonalds in a hurry.

Sord
Jan 22, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-01-22 14:16, Allos wrote:
I've got a senority story to tell. Just happened today. Me and the boys got off the bus at our bus stop. Mind you, our bus stop is next to a McDonalds. The local middle school got out early today, so naturally all of the little bastards were swarming around McDonalds. As we got off the bus, a group of "thugs" started to curse at us, call us "gay high schoolers", and other various things that would get me banned. My friend says to me, "I've had enough of this." He walks over, and decks the kid. A cop was there too and he was laughing his ass off. Never the less the kids all left McDonalds in a hurry.

Cool story, cool friend. Hope i have that much luck in the second half of this year. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Allos
Jan 22, 2004, 07:13 PM
On 2004-01-22 14:24, Sord wrote:

On 2004-01-22 14:16, Allos wrote:

Cool story, cool friend. Hope i have that much luck in the second half of this year. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually I was surprised in him. He's the quiet one out of all of my friends.

undevil
Jan 23, 2004, 07:02 PM
Damn man, I pity you. Especially you and Mrs.B(itch?).

Black000Moon
Jan 23, 2004, 07:20 PM
On 2004-01-20 11:40, Garanz2 wrote:
Ah, school. The place you go to for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, to learn and make friends. Meet people. Or, in my case, encounter morons. They piss me off so much, and it seems the bug of stupidity has even spread to the teachers. I will now give some examples, just to get the bastards out of my mind. These are all thngs that have happened over the last two years.

1) Maths lesson. Let's call me G2, and let's call the teacher Mr.A. I am sitting at my desk, doing my work. Mr.A decides to put some work up on the overhead projector. I am short sighted and wear glasses. SO WHY, IN THE NAME OF GOD, DO I GET SHOUTED OUT FOR TAKING OFF AND CLEANING MY GLASSES SO I CAN SEE THE BOARD PROPERLY?!

2) Breaktime. I go to the school library and book a computer. I sit down at said computer, log onto the network, and so on. I go to my favourites list, click PSO world, and just generally see what's going on. A bunch of year eights, about four of them, with punk hair slick with enough gel to resist a flamethrower, clamour around me. They look over my shoulder as I try to ignore them. They start asking me annoying questions, and finally ask me why I am on planetdreamcast.com. I tell them to go away and mind their own business. They go away. Five minutes later they return with a mobile phone with a camera on it. They tell me I'm sexy and take pictures. It makes me want to die.

3) My english teacher, let's call her Mrs.B, has learnt, through the grapevine, about BFBRRR. She wants to see it. I spend my lunch money on paper and print the whole damn thing out. I rush to my english lesson before anyone else, to give it to her privately. I ask her to please keep it a secret. I give it to her just as the rest of the class starts coming in.

"What's that Mrs.B?"

"Oh, It's just G2's novel."

Kill me. The repercussions are obvious.

undevil stole my mrs bitch idea and mr ass? anyways tell them too f off or you'll mess em up ghetto style (heh jk just had to say that). Me when that stuff happens to me I just go along with it then they get bored and stop. But I dunno if you would be that lucky though....

Ignaciando
Jan 26, 2004, 04:32 PM
Idiots are just a part of life.

At least you don't live in northern Virginia as I do, the idiot capital of America (and perhaps the world) >_<;;

Rainbowlemon
Feb 1, 2004, 03:54 PM
I just laugh. I laugh in their faces, and it cheers me up as well as putting them down. It's one of those 'You think you're really funny and cool, but you're not' sorta laughs, which I assign a specific face expression to. And hell, it WORKS. It's funny, because all nice people like me, and all complete prats don't. There is a definite divide, and I'm pleased to say you are in the good half. (or quarter, or whatever). I disagree with violence, because 'Violence doesn't solve anything', although I have to say, I have been tempted...Then I laugh, and everything's back to normal again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just remember that the majority of people in life are complete idiots, and the only people that matter are you, those close to you, and of course all with the potential to be.