PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO DESTROY THOSE BIG TANKS IN THE MINES EASY!

Zypher
Feb 19, 2001, 07:40 PM
You know those monsters that spew out missles and are the size of Godzilla (sorry...forgot the name...).

An easy way to eliminate them is to just circle around them very closley. By doing this their missles hit them rather than you...

-Zypher

Rei
Feb 19, 2001, 08:19 PM
Just run around him. His stupid missles will blow himself up........

Danderdag
Feb 19, 2001, 08:40 PM
or kill them before they can shoot you...

Danderdag
Feb 19, 2001, 08:40 PM
or kill them before they can shoot you...

Mr_Six
Feb 20, 2001, 04:07 AM
I've noticed this with a couple of the other monsters. Chaos Bringers (Ruins) will kill other monsters with their charge attack if you line yourself up properly, and of course everyone knows that the Dragons found throughout the caves will eat the other monsters as well. (only problem with that is that the dragon will get stronger, but at sufficiently high enough levels this is not a problem)

GhostinmyShell
Feb 20, 2001, 04:10 AM
Also it seems that when you fight the Dragon boss if you stand in front of the doors of the structure he cant reach you when he does his underground attack. Anyone confirm/dispel?

Danderdag
Feb 20, 2001, 05:00 AM
Myth. He can still hit you, but usually he doesnt. Running with classic twich/platforming skills is still the best bet.

GhostinmyShell
Feb 20, 2001, 05:02 AM
Well he never hit me when I stand in that one spot...sides i usually just stand still and if he comes to me I run out of the way...Toro toro!

agent37
Feb 20, 2001, 11:59 AM
It may sound a little cheap, but I just charge at 'em packin.

First time I I met one, I downed him so quick with my mechguns, it wasn't even funny (sure, the _second_ time I got cocky and took a few but "it was just a flesh wound!").

I know I've got to get away from the cheapness of hunters with mech/assault/repeater guns, but a single full combo from those babies (even at normal) has great range and kills pretty much anything

and yeah, about the dragon thing: just by taking a corner, and dodging accordingly, I get hit no more than once per battle

Samuel-Vimes
Feb 20, 2001, 07:17 PM
Standing by the doors does work most of the time.

jinX
Feb 20, 2001, 08:09 PM
Another trick with the first dragon boss is to stand next to the lavapit he makes when he goes underground. Stand on the side nearest the wall. When he comes head-on, he will go under you and appear behind you.

This is not 100% failsafe, as sometimes he will come from the side. It's rare that he hits you tho, if you do it right. I fought him six times yesterday at level 5, 7, 9, 10, and twice on 11. I didn't get hit a single time.

Josh
Feb 20, 2001, 08:31 PM
All you have to do is stand on the brown ring around the lava holes that the dragon makes when he dives into the ground. The dragon goes under the lava holes, so if you're on that brown ring and get real close to the lava, he will go directly under you. Works every time.

DRKdragon
Feb 20, 2001, 10:18 PM
fools! you should go up the dragon and say "you piece of fat hit me!!!" and take thae pain like a man!!! then unleash our photon blast!!! o yeah how do u do that picture for your signiture??

Danderdag
Feb 20, 2001, 10:36 PM
Sorry, but real men are smart. A real man won't make his teammates waste their moon atomizers. I'm almost always the only one that never dies to the boss (any boss) when I play online. I attribute this to my platforming skills accumulated over my years of gaming. I knew being a castlevania god would pay off one day. It's all about fast thinking and hand-eye coordination.

KLin-304
Feb 21, 2001, 12:09 AM
Gee, I knew the enemy AI wasn't really that smart, but who knew the enemy AI could be used against it? These tactics are neat, but won't letting enemies kill themselves or kill each other make you miss out on the experience? Although I suppose you could hit them once and then let them kill themselves. Hmm, let's brainstorm and see if there are other ways to use the monster's attacks against themselves. Anyone try making the poison lillies poison the evil sharks? Or maybe the Pan Arms blast them? Chaos sorcerors freeze the Dimenians?