PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneurial Xbox Newbie

oeagrus
Jan 21, 2004, 09:53 AM
Well this was a first...
been playing for PSO for well over a year now (migrated from GC to Xbox in April) and this was the smartest newbie I've ever seen.

Was doing a Forest-to-Falz game with my 176 FOmarl and two high-level friends in Ult when, somewhere in Ruins 2, a level 81 person enters the game (never physically saw them so I don't know their class). We inform the player that we're in the Ruins, which is really no place for a level 81 player.

But the kid just nicely asks if we opened all the boxes and if he can go through the levels we've already finished to open the boxes and collect some of the leftover materials and money.

We all said "Sure, no prob!" since we *rarely* open all the boxes or collect non-HP materials. The kid was really thankful, and for the next 20 minutes he was all "Excellent... a Luck Mat" or "Wow a red box!" It was kind of cool.

You'v got to admit, this is a GREAT way for low-level players in Ult to easily get extra materials, money and rares. Wish I'd thought of it about 100 levels ago. : )

anwserman
Jan 21, 2004, 10:59 AM
What?

Hell, my melee FOnewearl and a then level 81 HUmar made it through the first half of Ruins 1 fine... we quit because it was time for me to go to bed, and the only problem that we really faced was that Grants killed him...

Which would be avoided with a Resist/Holy? equipped or two. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

oeagrus
Jan 21, 2004, 11:28 AM
The first HALF of RUINS 1? Gosh, you deserve an award!

Yes, it is possible for a lower level person to get through the Ruins... but we were all legit 170+ and honestly, it's rude for a lower level person to assume that he/she can ride someone's coat tails to gain experience. Letting a friend do it is one thing, but a complete stranger? It's inconsiderate.

Level 80 can get through Ruins, dying a lot, slowing down the group, and being left on the floor dead through all of Falz's forms to be revived 1 second before he dies.

Remember, on the Xbox it's like Lord of the Flies, you may have a few good friends but it's essentially every man for himself.

Gaurdian
Jan 21, 2004, 12:52 PM
i am still on the GC version and enjoying it greatly. i am unfortunate to live in central texas where cable and DSL is rare to reach. so we have played a many hours on the offline multiplayer modes to gain our experience. when we do get a faster speed i will already be caught up with you guys though.

kevlar_pso
Jan 22, 2004, 02:51 PM
You are right, that is a good idea! I used to do that on the Dreamcast all the time. hated beggin for meesta so I would grab a ton of equipment and ????Special weapons to tek for cash. Any tris I would find, and all the material I could find also. Rares were a bonus, cause I didn't hope to find anything good from ppl's leftovers.

anwserman
Jan 22, 2004, 03:06 PM
On 2004-01-21 08:28, oeagrus wrote:
The first HALF of RUINS 1? Gosh, you deserve an award!

Yes, it is possible for a lower level person to get through the Ruins... but we were all legit 170+ and honestly, it's rude for a lower level person to assume that he/she can ride someone's coat tails to gain experience. Letting a friend do it is one thing, but a complete stranger? It's inconsiderate.

Level 80 can get through Ruins, dying a lot, slowing down the group, and being left on the floor dead through all of Falz's forms to be revived 1 second before he dies.

Remember, on the Xbox it's like Lord of the Flies, you may have a few good friends but it's essentially every man for himself.

Hopefully you weren't being sarcastic. Essentially, its called casting Jellen and Zalure on every enemy, so that he didn't die in one hit. But yeah, it was slow paced due to the fact that a FOnewearl can only whittle down so much HP at a time since she's so weak, so yeah.

And we did quit since it was almost 1AM and I had classes at 8AM. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif