PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for new PSO (higher lvl limit, more items etc)

Christov
Jan 21, 2004, 01:58 PM
Hey people, I was talking to my friend on here not a few minutes ago and he sparked off some thoughts in my head. We both agree that EP3 was a easy opportunity to extend the life of not only the PSO WORLD but the existing PSO players.
For example Making the Highest poss level from 200 to say 400 or something like 999? And definatley more levels and quests and far far more weapons and armours and items.

Please, if you guys have any ideas about a possible upgrade to the whole PSO experience then let us know, Ill try make sure that some high-ups hear about it (i do have contacts what with being very close to the heads of Eurocom Entertainment in Derby UK - even though its a different company its still "who ya know") hehehe...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garm
Jan 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
something like 8 more lvl's (maby even 2 disc's i dont care http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and a final battla against falz and olga fused (whos says theyre dead?) and 15 star rares 0_o" that would be fun

Zebulan7
Jan 21, 2004, 03:08 PM
If they made another action PSO it would have to bring something more than new weapons, higher levels, and more stages. This would be more of an "expansion pack" like version 2 or episode 2.

gallaugher
Jan 21, 2004, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure if they need to rasie character levels above 200.

They could add something above Ultimate mode like Insane mode.

More characters. Level restrictions on weapon use (like armor & shields). More areas. More enemies. Server side saving!!! They could have offline only characters too but all online players should be saved online & only be able to play online.

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I think raising the max level would be a good idea. Even though the highes level character I have is 111, I still think there should be more levels, probably because sometimes when I'm in the middle of a game online, with 2 other people around my level, and then suddenly someone on level 200 apppears and starts killing everything in sight, before anyone else gets a hit on them. The idea of more levels is also good because we're limited to only 4 levels on EP1, and 7 on EP2, making only 11 total levels. Also making a rare enemy for every enemy there already is would be good, and different kinds of rare rappies would be nice too. I already have a few ideas for new ones, my favorite one is the ghetto rappy, which has a long story behind it. Ok, here's the things that I'd specificely like to be added. 1. Max level of 350. 2. 2 more difficulty levels, (lv. 200-280) and (lv. 280-350). 3. More weapons of all kinds, and add a new kind of weapon completely. 4. Make a male and female human, newman, and android for every class. 5. More quests for online mode and offline mode. That's it. Thanks for the opportunity to write these things.

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I think raising the max level would be a good idea. Even though the highes level character I have is 111, I still think there should be more levels, probably because sometimes when I'm in the middle of a game online, with 2 other people around my level, and then suddenly someone on level 200 apppears and starts killing everything in sight, before anyone else gets a hit on them. The idea of more levels is also good because we're limited to only 4 levels on EP1, and 7 on EP2, making only 11 total levels. Also making a rare enemy for every enemy there already is would be good, and different kinds of rare rappies would be nice too. I already have a few ideas for new ones, my favorite one is the ghetto rappy, which has a long story behind it. Ok, here's the things that I'd specificely like to be added. 1. Max level of 350. 2. 2 more difficulty levels, (lv. 200-280) and (lv. 280-350). 3. More weapons of all kinds, and add a new kind of weapon completely. 4. Make a male and female human, newman, and android for every class. 5. More quests for online mode and offline mode. That's it. Thanks for the opportunity to write these things.

SpyroDi
Jan 21, 2004, 04:34 PM
Double post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

1. I think the maximum level should be raised to 250
2. The new difficulty should be called Nightmare(Lv160 online required)
3. FOmars and FOmarls should have more HUnter weapon possibilities
4. More weapons,units,armor,etc.
5. Male/Female Human/Numan/Android for HU/RA/FO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2004-01-21 13:35 ]</font>

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 04:37 PM
I doubleposted, oops, sorry bout that. Lol.

anwserman
Jan 21, 2004, 04:37 PM
On 2004-01-21 13:34, SpyroDi wrote:
Double post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2004-01-21 13:35 ]</font>

Level 160? Thats way too high, that excludes 99% of the PSO population. Level 120 would be reasonable, as any character at that level can fend pretty well in any Ultimate level then.

GrandWarlock
Jan 21, 2004, 04:43 PM
On 2004-01-21 13:37, anwserman wrote:

On 2004-01-21 13:34, SpyroDi wrote:

Level 160? Thats way too high, that excludes 99% of the PSO population. Level 120 would be reasonable, as any character at that level can fend pretty well in any Ultimate level then.

How is 160 too high, it would people something to shoot for. I'm on 111 and Ult Forests and Caves aren't too hard, but Mines is a problem and I don't even want to get into Ruins and EP2 (*cough* 1 hit KO in Seabed &cough*). 160 seems pretty reasonable considering it's twice as high as you need for Ult, and that would be the same way as very hard to ultimate (very hard 40-80, ultimate 80-160) seems nearly perfect to me.

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 21, 2004, 05:03 PM
I may have some unfortuante news on this subject...

In a recent issue of some maggazine I am subscribed to (I think it is Nintindo power) The maker of the game stated that episode three would tie up and finish the PSO saga. I could be mistaken. Maybe they will have different games, just new story lines. Then again I may be right. I for one sure hope not, this is to good of a game to just drop off.

Other then that I do like the ideas. Although I think the maxe level should be more like 300-400. Double would work. New levels, harder monsters... and of course tons and tons of new and awsome weapons, armor, slots, etc.

Zebulan7
Jan 21, 2004, 05:13 PM
I believe it was stated that Ep.3 would end the Rico/Flowen story line. This doesn't mean its done with.

If they were to make another action game, I think it would be neat if they found a way to incorperate Arkz in that format. Just an idea.

Eviltar
Jan 21, 2004, 05:31 PM
I believe they should do something to add variety to the attack system. I think that it's lame that you just do the same 3-attack combo over and over throughout the game. (Heavy, light, and special do not count for variety).

I understand that the control pads do not allow for much complexity, but that does not mean that it couldn't be better than what we have now. One idea I had is that they could do something similar to the attack system in the Dynasty Warriors series. There they have the normal attack button which produces the normal combo, and they have a "charge" button which allows you to interrupt the normal combo at specific points to do special attacks. These attacks had specific effects, like knockdowns, hitting multiple times, hitting multiple enemies, or launching enmies into juggles. I'll grant that you only deal with human targets in Dynasty Warriors, and that some of these effects wouldn't apply to all targets in PSO, but at least some of them could be used. The variety itself would be worthwhile.

It's just an idea, but it can get you thinking.

More spells would be cools, too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Finally they need to improve the graphics. PSO Ep1+2 looks barely more complex than the DC versions. :/

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 21, 2004, 06:53 PM
They should add more freedom of movement(side stepping, jumping, Crouching, etc.) make combos contain more than 3 moves, remove the targeting system on melee weapons and add an aim view for guns.(seriously who would need to aim to swing a sword?) add a dificulty in between Very Hard and Ultimate(that was too severe of a jump for my tastes) add more stages,(8 total is way too small for an RPG) and no more levels(it's hard enough reaching level 200 offline! I don't want to do it again!)
and most Important, more Camera control!( I'm sick of having the camera go behind walls when I'm surrounded!)

Outrider
Jan 21, 2004, 07:08 PM
Ah, always nice when this exact topic keeps coming up.

For like the 100th time... having either FPS view or controlled aiming for the guns would completely unbalance the game. Bad, bad idea.

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 21, 2004, 07:47 PM
A good idea for the camera angles could be like those in the .HACK// series. That gave alot of control.

As for attacking, they could add combos like in Castlvania. Were you can have way more then just 3-in-a-row attacks.

For spells they could add stuff like a Demi spell, cutting life. Also there could be confusion spells, and parlyses. There could be more levels to teh spells also, like foie ould go up to a forth level along with barta and zonde. (I wonder what that would be like) They could also add a higher grants, and megid. (Hit multiple targets... That sure would cost alot.)

Thepandaman
Jan 22, 2004, 02:59 AM
I think the main thing that would change the game considerably for the better is focusing on getting rid of cheaters. I think it would be more possible if information was saved server side, then it would simply be a case of, if someone is using a weapon with over 100%, the weapon is destroyed, some crazy impossible mag? it gets destroyed. Getting rid of the kings series of weapons would be a shame, but I think it might be nessecary to eliminate recoboxing. Surely it wouldn't be hard to test the game for any kind of shop glitch, so weapon duping was impossible, then that would only really leave people who hack into the game, and stopping that would be very hard indeed.

As for levels, 200 is fine IMO. Weapons are alright but there should be a slightly more complex attack system. Levels should be bigger, and there should be able to be more than 4 players in some maps.

Christov
Jan 22, 2004, 08:13 AM
Cool, got some good ideas flowing... I think maybe they could have Summon spells for summoning Hildetor to fight alongside you for a certain length of time or until your TP ran out (having a summoned monster drains TP?) or some FO's could actually transform into certain monsters like Boomas or Nano Dragon?
Definatley more levels or one complete world like a true RPG where you can be transported from different areas of planet Ragol. Obviously some areas only open after defeating bosses or getting items? I think there should be no difficulty level as such but the monsters abilities go up as you level up? Maybe the control of small vehicles too like lil boats to cross certain areas of Ragol (and the waters could contain new enemies) or a mono-rail system for quick access to certain areas and lil armoured car with a second player able to sit on the back with a rapid fire gun when on a certain level you have to escape from Stampeeding monsters and shoot them to slow em down or use it to shoot through blockades or the such.

ilr2000
Jan 22, 2004, 01:50 PM
Of all the things we could have in another expansion of PSO, the one thing I would like to see ABOVE ALL ELSE IS: Multiple ultimate weapons. I mean... when it comes to passing the buck, it stops with the J-sword. That's kinda lame IMO. There needs to be more than one ultimate sword and more than one ultimate double saber and so on and so forth. This goes especially for armor. If your a non-android character you find the aura field and your done. There's no need to seek out other armors except maybe another aura field with slightly better natural stats. Boring.

I also wanna see more of that customizable items thing. I want a 12 star armor with trap vision. Sure there's the sense plate, but its only a 10 star item with 10 star stats. I want a 12 star version of the same armor to aim for.

I would also like to see a more flexible stat system. Sometimes I would rather have more accuracy over power, because I've got so much power to spare. There's little I can do to remedy that issue if my character's ATA has already reach it's limit. There should be a way to dump everything into ATA and get some insane stat like 400 ATA, which will FINALLY make the extra attacks on our weapons NOT completely and utterly useless.

gallaugher
Jan 22, 2004, 01:56 PM
On 2004-01-21 14:03, Sabin_Linhigh wrote:
I may have some unfortuante news on this subject...

In a recent issue of some maggazine I am subscribed to (I think it is Nintindo power) The maker of the game stated that episode three would tie up and finish the PSO saga. I could be mistaken. Maybe they will have different games, just new story lines. Then again I may be right. I for one sure hope not, this is to good of a game to just drop off.

Other then that I do like the ideas. Although I think the maxe level should be more like 300-400. Double would work. New levels, harder monsters... and of course tons and tons of new and awsome weapons, armor, slots, etc.

Yet they're releasing a PC version of episode 1&2 as well as PSO+ for game cube. I know they're just rehashes of the same thing but if they were hardlining the "No more PSO after ep3" statement then I don't think they'd be releasing those.

Bottom line: you never know

Butoden
Jan 22, 2004, 03:15 PM
2. The new difficulty should be called Nightmare(Lv160 online required) Nightmare!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I bet Sonic Team will make the next difficulty Very Ultimate or something shady like that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

GuerillaPimp
Jan 22, 2004, 03:16 PM
Making the Highest poss level from 200 to say 400 or something like 999?

400? 999?? man fugg THAT!! 200 is fine

In a recent issue of some maggazine I am subscribed to (I think it is Nintindo power) The maker of the game stated that episode three would tie up and finish the PSO saga. I could be mistaken.

Not the PSO saga, i thought it was just the Red Ring Rico/Flowen/Ragol storyline. ST would be fools not to release PSO2..then again it is ST were talking about...

As for attacking, they could add combos like in Castlvania. Were you can have way more then just 3-in-a-row attacks.

I was thinking more along the lines of, the weaker the weapon, the more hits to combo. Like a Saber could do 5 or 6 hits, while a sword would do like the standard 3. Also needs to be a variance to the weapons animations

Levels should be bigger, and there should be able to be more than 4 players in some maps.

I feel comfortable with 6 players to a team. Online maps should allow for the teams to break up into 2 teams of 3 in order to accomplish a goal. Kinda like rainbow six

I also wanna see more of that customizable items thing. I want a 12 star armor with trap vision. Sure there's the sense plate, but its only a 10 star item with 10 star stats. I want a 12 star version of the same armor to aim for.

I was thinking along the lines of Baldur's Gate or Record of Lodoss War. Being able to add effects to your armor. Be it stuff like Trap Vision, or added EFR, EFT...etc

-Higher max mag level, 400
-Visual changes for the Frames and Barriers
-Better Graphics is a MUST
-

Butoden
Jan 22, 2004, 03:54 PM
400? 999?? man fugg THAT!! 200 is fine Level 999 doesn't sound like a bad idea. Just decrease the ammount of Experience needed for each level, or increase experience gained per monster then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Or how about a difficulty level where monsters would gain strenght and stuff as you do? So that they'll always give you a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RadiantLegend
Jan 23, 2004, 11:55 AM
i have this cool idea.
The ability to fuse two weapons just like the sange and yasha but now with any saber/katana/hand gun/rifle/cane/rod... of your choice. For example

DB sword with DB saber (Twin sword)
Agito 75 with sange (Twin katana)
run handgun with supressed gun (changes to mechs)
frozen shooter with ano rifle (O_O' hmmm)
chain sawd with red sword (x_x' maybe this one won't work)
Any two saber to get a twin saber (like gladius with brand)
Two claws to get a dagger animation (Heart of poumn will finally work the way it should)
hildeblue's cane with Hildebear's cane ]:)

ILLI
Jan 23, 2004, 12:10 PM
the biggest flaw with the games so far and will be till they change it is.... drum roll

I log on to Pso servers.. first lobby i go into i see my twin!!!.. my god its a ramar that looks exactly like me.. dammit.. i need 10,000 to go change my clothes into another costume..

They need to make the characters more diverse.. as in visual appearances and uniforms etc.. Even taking it as far as being able to dye certain articles of clothing on the uniforms.. I get tired of seeing my twins every where i go on pso..

Armok
Jan 23, 2004, 12:45 PM
New weopons are just a waste everyone online just uses the basic same 3 or 4 best weopons in the game. If ST where to make more equipement they would ahev to focus more on Combonations of armors/sheilds special immunities etc to make sure ppl use a variety

atomisk
Jan 25, 2004, 02:57 AM
ive kinda had a list going of what i thought would make this an even more kick-a.ss game

-more variety in combos
-photon whips, so people start naming their chars after belmonts and not final fantasy chars
-meseta actually be worth something
-instead of lobbies a fully exploreable p2
-being able to own an apartment
these next to im going to be kidna detailed on

1. my thoughts arnt completely in order so forgive me if this makes absolutely no sense. after you kill falz, the seal that blocks in the profound darkness is ripped open (btw, this would only be on ultimate) and you and your party and rico get sucked into the alternate demention that profound darkness lives in. anyway, after this you have 1 more level thats prettty long, but not redicoulously. i have a few ideas for what would happen next: after you get through the level you have THE final boss fight with profound darkness however each of your chars transforms into one of the legendary hunters (i guess a good version of donoph, and i dont remember who the fourth is) OR you fight alongside the four legendary hunters OR you get to fight alongside kireek, sue, bernie, montague, elanor, NOL, rico, and flowen against profound darkness (maybe they all got sucked in too!) OR my personal favorite, where they do what capcom did for the first time you fight mundus in dmc, completely change the gameplay, maybe your chars gain superpowers and can fly and such. anyway, thats just what i really wanted, now here comes number 2

-have a level on pioneer 2, something that has to do with government corruption and WORKS and such, heres my ideal layout: WORKS has kidnapped someone of importance and you have to infiltrate their building, rescue him, and get out. when you get in you have to go all metal gear solid and sneak past guards and spotlights and stuff slowly climbing up maybe the 20 story building. and when you save him you have to haul a.ss out of there killing everything in your way. my other ideal layout would be falz and the monsters figured out how to use the teleporters and get on pioneer 2 and start wreaking havoc upon the city.

edit: oh yeah, and better level design, they did a great job on forest, then threw level design for the rest of ep 1 into the wind, then kinda got it back for the VR levels in ep 2, then got the rest of it back for the CCA areas, and lost just a bit of it for seabed (although its waaaaaay better than any of the ep 1 areas)

on another note, has barubary found anything new recently? i remember he discovered the tower areas a while before they were released but didnt really know what it was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomisk on 2004-01-25 00:01 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Jan 25, 2004, 11:28 AM
No people... just no. I'm sure I'm not the only PSO player out there who is tired of "Patches" to the same old game. New areas, New Weapons, New Enemies - but it's still the SAME GAME! I love PSO and all.. but all good things must come to an end.

I want to see something REALLY new. I want to see a new storyline, new gameplay engine, new characters, new setting, new weapons.. in short.. I want a new GAME.

Christ, PSO is getting as bad as Street Fighter II. Maybe it's just me.. but PSO Ep I - IV DX Plus Turbo v.2 doesn't sound appealing.. and definately not worth another $50.

Ep III is a STEP, in the right direction - but it's too much of a step in the direction I don't want - and not enough of a step in the direction I DO want.

J311Y_M4N
Jan 25, 2004, 01:42 PM
I personally am really dissapointed in the Ep. 3 Card Game. It's a total removal from what made everyone love the original PSO so much...

Oh well

Jason
Jan 25, 2004, 02:07 PM
- real time battle (similar to Zelda games for N64)

- having control over the shield instead of depending on EVP to shield

- an unit that makes transportation of running on Ragol faster

- better background music

- music discs that last instead of using each one only once

- all shields visible

- reduce the rare drop rate

- better gameplay

- spice up the graphics some more

- more entertaining

Outrider
Jan 25, 2004, 02:30 PM
On 2004-01-25 08:28, _Sinue_ wrote:
No people... just no. I'm sure I'm not the only PSO player out there who is tired of "Patches" to the same old game. New areas, New Weapons, New Enemies - but it's still the SAME GAME! I love PSO and all.. but all good things must come to an end.

I want to see something REALLY new. I want to see a new storyline, new gameplay engine, new characters, new setting, new weapons.. in short.. I want a new GAME.

Christ, PSO is getting as bad as Street Fighter II. Maybe it's just me.. but PSO Ep I - IV DX Plus Turbo v.2 doesn't sound appealing.. and definately not worth another $50.

Ep III is a STEP, in the right direction - but it's too much of a step in the direction I don't want - and not enough of a step in the direction I DO want.

Which is why I always suggest a PSO MMORPG with a constant world... but meh. I've gone over it before on these boards.

TeenGohan
Jan 25, 2004, 02:44 PM
this is right out of the new Np issue

np:will Ep3 be the last PSO title?
yuji naka:yes, in terms of story
np:will there ever be a traditional offline PSO game?
yn:I can not comment on that but maybe the next E3 will answer that.

Ep3 will be the last in the story line but it might not be that last PSO title. we can only hope.

Black000Moon
Jan 25, 2004, 03:15 PM
PSO could use alot more areas more enimies etc. Better quests. Couple more weps armors etc. Definatly 2 more difficulties. More than a 3 hit combo. Like lets say u are a character that comes from down to up using a vertical strike with a saber. Just if a monster could go flying in the air or something instead of just taking damage. Same with other attacks.Maybe the ability to hop to the side side step, jump....,Hell just if it had a few harder puzzles like almost like zelda instead of deactivating a laser barrier....PSO could use a HELL of a lot more spells 19? Come on they can do better than that. Lets see a fire resistance spell. Spell that does more damage with fire spells. Spell that can poison monsters. Spell that can ugh alot more stuff. Also a weaker resta that uses less tp. More light spells and dark spells. And alot more other elements. They should of thought of those dumb pokemon games where they had alot of them. Instead of just fire,ice thunder, light and shadow. Grass,ground,water,earth etc. And some have different effects.

DolmolmKing
Jan 25, 2004, 04:08 PM
We would also need a pause feature. I also think there should be new races you can choose from and more spells. Another cool thing would be different classes. Instead of Forces we could split it up between white mage and black mage, It could be like a real RPG, except without the turn-based battling. In the other games in the PS series, they had spells that hold enemies down with gravity (can't remember the name), but we should bring those spells back. About the levels, we should have a level in the desert and a level on top of a really tall mountain with snow and stuff. The levels should also be bigger and shouldn't have a teleport to the next part of the level. We could have new combos and have the ability to buy them like in Return of the King. New weapons would also be nice.

atomisk
Jan 25, 2004, 05:39 PM
yeah, a combo or ability buying system would be awesome, and change everything from stat requirements to level requirements so even if some annoying level 6 n00b dupes he cant do anything with it. and i was thinking, i know its quite a stretch, but just because the storyline is going to end, dosent mean they cant add an expansion pack.

doubletake123
Jan 25, 2004, 07:06 PM
more enemies,more weapons alot more weapons more rares in general, something after ultimate like ludicrase or something, more movement with your combos maybe more moves sides the 3hit combo thing.
there could be like a splinter cell move that would be cool.more levels for sure better graphics more spells would be niceand more traps for andriods.
thats a lot to ask for but i think it would be so cool if that stuff would happen