PDA

View Full Version : PSO +

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 21, 2004, 07:45 PM
I don't know if someone asked this, but what exactly
is so great about PSO ep.1/2+? Is it worth buying
even if you have the original for gamecube?

Twitch
Jan 21, 2004, 08:00 PM
Sorry if this is asked aswell. When does it come out? If its out where did you guys get it at?

Trianth
Jan 21, 2004, 08:12 PM
I heard something about it being released about the same time as Ep. III, which is going to be sometime in February according to SEGA.com...

Twitch
Jan 21, 2004, 08:28 PM
I hope thats before the 20th then, I can get my parents to buy it for me. Yay Birthdays haha. So what all is different between ep2 and plus?

DeciBal
Jan 21, 2004, 08:40 PM
From what I know, the difference is that in PSO+ you can play all of the online quests and challenges offline. I'm not sure what else. Has anyone else heard anything?

Dhylec
Jan 21, 2004, 08:57 PM
see more info here..
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70593&forum=1&118

Twitch
Jan 23, 2004, 12:33 AM
Can someone direct me to a page where I can find the release date (american version) or something that says when It might come out?

Barubary6
Jan 23, 2004, 01:52 AM
PSO Plus is the most stable version of PSO so far. That's the only reason I would get it.

-- Barubary

Realm
Jan 23, 2004, 02:19 AM
Sega is telling us that it will be out in Q1 but I haven't heard any official details from Nintendo other than hear say.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 23, 2004, 02:14 PM
There is no mention of Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II Plus on Sega of America's site, Sonic Team's English site, or Nintendo of America's site.

Make no mistake, the only indication we have that PSO Plus will see United States or European shores is an article in a gaming mag, and a general desire of the PSO community to see the game here-- Neither of which can or should be relied upon as a stable news source.

In other words, don't count on seeing it on store shelves next to Episode III. An American or European version of PSO Plus is only a rumor at this point. I mean really... This close to the supposed release date, we should have at least the word "Plus" stuck next to "Online" on any of those sites, but we've got nothing.

Episode III, on the other hand, has release dates on various game shop sites of February 17th, but Nintendo.com has the date set for March 2004.

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 24, 2004, 06:53 PM
that's not true, Nintendo Power said that it would hit stores the same time as ep III

VioletSkye
Jan 24, 2004, 07:19 PM
I have to agree with HUnewearl_Meira, I don't think you're going to be seeing a US release at all (at least not in the near future.) Also Nintendo Power should definitely not be considered a reliable source http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jan 25, 2004, 01:23 AM
Nintendo Power is almost as bad as the Official Xbox Magazine. There is no US release date and there will never be one. Not with Sammy running the show at Sega now. Plus was basically an upgrade designed for the Japanese players only. It has never been slated for a US release.

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 25, 2004, 08:43 PM
I'm so disillusioned... (allusioned?... ilusioned?...alusioned?... I don't know...)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 26, 2004, 12:29 AM
On 2004-01-24 15:53, SnoopyEgotist wrote:
that's not true, Nintendo Power said that it would hit stores the same time as ep III

Nintendo Power, as with most gaming mags, is not reliable. Go look for Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II Plus at Nintendo.com, Sega.com and Sonicteam.com. There is no mention of the game on any of those sites. Look up a release date for it on any gaming shop's website, and you'll only see October 29th 2002 for Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II, and either February 17th or March 2nd 2004 for Phantasy Star Online Episode III. So unless Plus is included on the Episode III CD, then were probably not going to see the game released any time soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2004-01-25 21:30 ]</font>

Kurosawa
Jan 26, 2004, 02:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it won't come out here. If it did, that would be an indication that ST actually cared about American players, and we know full well they don't.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 26, 2004, 11:34 AM
Don't be so hasty, now. PSO Plus really doesn't offer very much that isn't already available to us, and it was designed specifically with the intention of keeping Japanese consumers from buying the old v1.0 PSO, which contained a major duping bug. PSO Plus fills a need there that it wouldn't fill here.

Sure, some of us would find it to be a nice addition to be able to play the Tower quests offline (personally, I'd be thankful just to have come QUESTS in Episode II offline), and also to have Episode II c-mode offline, but we don't really need PSO Plus to play these quests, and the US and Europe don't have a problem with the particular duping bug that was so bad on the original JP version, that they had to release another version of the game, and exchange copies of it for free, along with set up a whole new set of servers.

Next time you think Sonic Team is holding back on us, remember this-- Sonic Team screwed up and failed the Japanese audience with Episodes I&II, not the American or European audiences.

VenusGravity
Jan 26, 2004, 11:54 AM
That's not true.
In my opinion anyway. I think PSO PLUS is vital for US and EU. It fixes the horrible Chair bug they have in EU and US copy. Meaning peoples chairs dont move and reset to the default posistion everytime someone joins lobby.

Fixes both Shop dupe, and lag dupe, resulting in no second save needed. Sonic team, in my eyes would want this out in the US, to make PSO less buggy.

You say it isn't much of an upgrade, but i think it's worth buying just for those 2 bug fixes, as the chair reset really annoyed me on the PSO US version.

akazala
Jan 26, 2004, 11:57 AM
well it doesnt matter to me when it comes out,i just hope it does in the US, since i cant get online to play any of those quests, it would be really nice to be able to play them.i hope that sometime soon we hear of it coming out and if its even going to.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 26, 2004, 12:05 PM
The chair bug is fairly inconsequential, and I'd wager that most current players here wouldn't buy it anyway, because it doesn't offer a significant increase in content.