PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling with wax war-monkeys

geewj
Jan 23, 2004, 11:49 PM
Who would like to join the disscussion?

Blitzkommando
Jan 23, 2004, 11:51 PM
Mario was inducted into the Hollywood Wax Museaum. First video game character to do so, and rightfully so.

geewj
Jan 23, 2004, 11:52 PM
On 2004-01-23 20:51, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Mario was inducted into the Hollywood Wax Museaum. First video game character to do so, and rightfully so.

If he's so great then why is he dead?

Blitzkommando
Jan 24, 2004, 12:13 AM
Probably too much pasta. He was getting a little chubby. But Mario&Luigi is fun, strange, but fun. It also reminds me of a lot of the 16bit era games. Dang, I see what you mean...

anwserman
Jan 24, 2004, 12:16 AM
Mario is dead because more then 90% of the gamers out there don't know a good game even if it smacked them across the head. Unless that package was branded "Sony", that is.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sorry, I just have a hatred towards Sony. Stupid videogame popularity, no longer for the hardcore.

Blitzkommando
Jan 24, 2004, 12:22 AM
Stupid videogame popularity, no longer for the hardcore.

Sad but true... I have a friend that cannot be convinced the Gamecube is awsome in its own right. But he also hates all turn-based strategy/RPG games, calling them boring and predictable... I could get into how that is not true but this is already way off topic. *someone whispers that this is FKL into Blitz's ear* D'OH!

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 01:07 AM
On 2004-01-23 21:22, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Stupid videogame popularity, no longer for the hardcore.

Sad but true... I have a friend that cannot be convinced the Gamecube is awsome in its own right. But he also hates all turn-based strategy/RPG games, calling them boring and predictable... I could get into how that is not true but this is already way off topic. *someone whispers that this is FKL into Blitz's ear* D'OH!

I'm not that good with RPGs. Mostly cause it take to long to level up. I breezed through the first few disk of FF8, but somewhere i got bored. I think it was at the part when i got Edea. Then there was FF7, i got to the boss in the Juno reacter, and couldn't beat him. I saved, and began to play my favorite RPG, despite the fact hardly anyone has heard of it, Xenogears (the prequal to Xenosaga). Anyways, my PS crashed and i lost all data for all games. So, being thouroughly pissed, i didn't play my PS for a good few months. Then i tempted myself to pick up Xenogears again, and i beat it. Other than PSO on normal mode, it's the only RPG i've ever beaten, Golden Sun i got to the last boss though, but never beat him.

About Xenogears, it's nearly impossible to find now. But it is my favorite game. Honestly, i can't express my feelings for it. The story is so great, it has good sized cinemas, but not tremendous...until the 2nd disk. Some of the cinemas are short animes, they're great. God, that was my favorite game of all time, and it still is. If you can find it, even though you probably never will, it was a collecters item when it was released, buy it and play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-01-23 22:08 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jan 24, 2004, 01:13 AM
to be serious i pwned Fusion Dragon in Golden Sun and the Doom Dragon in GS2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

What was this topic about?

Outrider
Jan 24, 2004, 01:21 AM
Xenogears is neither a prequel to Xenosaga nor is it not well-known.

Well, at least not on the internet.

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 01:21 AM
On 2004-01-23 22:13, Saiffwin wrote:
to be serious i pwned Fusion Dragon in Golden Sun and the Doom Dragon in GS2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

What was this topic about?

Doesn't matter, this is FKL. As far as the Fushion dragon...i didn't level up enough. As stated before, i HATE leveling up. The only level^ game i can stand now is PSO, and i usually have to make new charaters just to make it fun again. I would be playing xenogears again, if my friend hadn't taken it back, it was borowed *sniffle* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 01:27 AM
On 2004-01-23 22:21, Outrider wrote:

I meant prequal as in it was released before hand. Although you are right that Xenosaga comes before on the matter of story line. I've also asked around where ever i go. No one's heard of it. They're all like, "What the heck is Xenogears? I only know Xenosaga" and i'm sittin here thinking, "God these guys are freaking idiots! Don't even know what started the series. Stupid fools dunno what they missed."

Robo47
Jan 24, 2004, 01:54 PM
Heres a game my little cousin had and it was quite fun.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters

It was like Street Figher but with TMNT characters.
I did Donatello's special once and he summoned this HUGE dragon and it tore up the opponent.

Robo47
Jan 24, 2004, 01:56 PM
On 2004-01-23 20:52, Prof_Frink wrote:

On 2004-01-23 20:51, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

If he's so great then why is he dead?

God Dammit Frink!!

Now I need a new printer!!

(Note to self: quit drinking Soda around high tech equipment and FKL)

Black000Moon
Jan 24, 2004, 02:04 PM
On 2004-01-23 21:16, anwserman wrote:
Mario is dead because more then 90% of the gamers out there don't know a good game even if it smacked them across the head. Unless that package was branded "Sony", that is.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sorry, I just have a hatred towards Sony. Stupid videogame popularity, no longer for the hardcore.

agreed

badbitz
Jan 24, 2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.boohbah.com/zone.html
thanks to Abbadon in Off-topic
spread the joy

Saiffy
Jan 24, 2004, 04:16 PM
try zombo.com it's much better

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 04:27 PM
On 2004-01-24 13:16, Saiffwin wrote:
try zombo.com it's much better

hey, you yoinked my link. You bastard!

Outrider
Jan 24, 2004, 07:36 PM
On 2004-01-23 22:27, Sord wrote:

On 2004-01-23 22:21, Outrider wrote:

I meant prequal as in it was released before hand. Although you are right that Xenosaga comes before on the matter of story line. I've also asked around where ever i go. No one's heard of it. They're all like, "What the heck is Xenogears? I only know Xenosaga" and i'm sittin here thinking, "God these guys are freaking idiots! Don't even know what started the series. Stupid fools dunno what they missed."

Wow. I thought it was bad when people didn't know of SNES games. Now they can't even remember PSX games? Ouch.

Captain_Bob
Jan 25, 2004, 12:15 AM
I barely beat Malak in Star wars: knights of the old republic. Good thing i learned Death field at level 20.

ALL HAIL LORD REVAN! ALL HAIL LORD REVAN!

I'm really tired...

anwserman
Jan 25, 2004, 03:02 AM
Whats a SNES?

-Luke-
Jan 25, 2004, 02:28 PM
You're a SNES *suspicious look*

Outrider
Jan 25, 2004, 02:50 PM
On 2004-01-25 00:02, anwserman wrote:
Whats a SNES?

*stabs*