PDA

View Full Version : Why can't a nice, decent looking guy like me get a girlfrien

Skuda
Jan 23, 2004, 11:54 PM
Yah, I'm a pretty decent looking (not butt ugly, but no prized pig) I'm smart, sensative, funny (although kinda warped) guy. yet it seems no matter how hard I try, no matter how many people I try to talk to, no one wants to go out with me. And having a stupid friend who doesn't tell you about the people who like you and then tells you 3 months later, doesn't help. Question is, Why are women not attracted to me in the slightest. I've only met two people so far that have found me remotly attractive. then again I think tehy were either drunk or high... Curse my luck!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2004-02-11 11:53 ]</font>

JedahNSonans
Jan 23, 2004, 11:57 PM
They're all b.... mean.

Blitzkommando
Jan 23, 2004, 11:59 PM
Maybe you're trying too hard? Anyway I have the problem of not getting up the nerve to talk to the girl. In some ways though I'm somewhat glad I'm not dating right now. I mean, I'll have plenty of time for that when I go to college and I might as well live out my youth not worring about stuff like that. I figure if I were meant to date a girl now, I would be. I think people try too hard to get dates or girl/boyfriends. Love takes time. But once it hits you'll know it.

Basically, take it slow and maybe don't try so hard. Become friends then try it out. But I guess my word doesn't mean much as I haven't had a date yet, much less a girlfriend.

Skuda
Jan 24, 2004, 12:00 AM
thank you muchly for not swearing. (no I'm not religious.) and to add, I respect most women aswell. Gods finest creation! (if there even is a god....) I don't try that hard either. If I find myself attracted to a woman, I'll go up and ask her. be spontanious is my motto!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2004-01-23 21:02 ]</font>

Cowboy
Jan 24, 2004, 12:03 AM
Get to be friends first. Takes patience, but if they turn you down for say, the movies, jsut say " not on a date, just to go as friends" or something similar. That's actually how my current girlfriend and I started out. And really good advice: NEVER rush ANYTHING.

Firocket1690
Jan 24, 2004, 11:28 PM
Why can't a nice, decent looking guy like me get a girlfriend???

All mem are pegophiles, I hate them all.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
jk
hee hee, just sorta funny how someone is ranting about men and someone else is ranting about not being able to find a girl... the irony ... XD

KaFKa
Jan 25, 2004, 01:11 AM
i guess you just dont have the 'mojo' sad but true...

maybe you should walk up to next one and use the classic rodney dangerfield line: "wanna make fourteen bucks the hard way?" or even better-"nice shoes, wanna f*ck?"

sorry, but it just seems like youre having shitty luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sord
Jan 25, 2004, 01:15 AM
"I lost my number, can i have yours?"

KaFKa
Jan 25, 2004, 01:39 AM
lame pickup lines, w00t!

Dime
Jan 25, 2004, 02:12 AM
Unlce's pickup line

"Hey baby, how about....SUCK IT, SUCK IT POR FAVOR!"

No, really, he even tried it on ME!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

Guile
Jan 25, 2004, 02:37 AM
Cuz woman like badasses.
Does'nt sound like you have much confidence which is like key to getting a girlfriend. If you step to a girl and just say and act the right way than no matter how you really look you should be good.
Stop thinking of yourself as the ugly guy.

anwserman
Jan 25, 2004, 03:00 AM
Actually, women are tricky.

3/4 out of the month, they want somebody who is kind, sensitive and caring. The other 1/4th, during their "monthly cycle", they want somebody who is strong, fierce and looks like he can definately produce a healthy child. Grr.

Basically, if you're a kind, sensitive and caring, yet looks sexy, has perhaps some facial hair, a wild look and is relatively strong and muscular (and outgoing), you've got it made for the whole month.

navci
Jan 25, 2004, 04:22 AM
Life isn't fair.

Why can't a decent hard working semi-intelligent person like me get a job? Same idea.
*kicks life*

Though, if you're trying too hard, it does backfire sometimes. Relax, what happen will happen.

_Sinue_
Jan 25, 2004, 10:53 AM
I think some people just get sick and tired of being lonely, so they're not very good at taking things slow and letting feelings grow. Personally, I'm glad I'm not in a relationship right now. There's a lot of good things about relationships - and there's also a lot of BAD things about them. Believe me.. the Alcohol industry THRIVES on the shit some women put their men through. I honestly cannot think of a single guy I know who's in a relationship and doesn't have to go to the bar at least one night a week to drink. Heavily.

Not to mention that at my age, finding a girl without some form of baggage is hard. Kids are a big issue with me. 1 kid is fine. 2 kids is love. 3 kids.. no way. I'm not going to go from being a batchelor living by my own rules to being Michael fucking Brady ya know. I jus won't do it.

Black000Moon
Jan 25, 2004, 01:01 PM
On 2004-01-24 23:37, Guile wrote:
Cuz woman like badasses.
Does'nt sound like you have much confidence which is like key to getting a girlfriend. If you step to a girl and just say and act the right way than no matter how you really look you should be good.
Stop thinking of yourself as the ugly guy.

agreed and with kafka. Try acting like you are the best and control crap. It works!

Skuda
Jan 25, 2004, 01:16 PM
well...he he he...I am evil...HA HA HA HA!!! *meniacle laugh* wait...that's probably a major turn off... darn. *thinking* AHA! I shall work out more! with my incredibly fast metabolism I can burn off 5 Big mac simply buy running up a flight of stairs! With this tool I shall rule the world!!!! or atleast sit on my weight machine and get some pretty awesome ab's! BWA HA HA HA!!! *arnold schwartzeneger accent* Aaent I buteful. *flexes muscles*

LollipopLolita
Jan 25, 2004, 01:20 PM
omg anwserman, that made me laugh so much. btw typo in the name on purpose?

anwserman
Jan 25, 2004, 03:57 PM
On 2004-01-25 10:20, LollipopLolita wrote:
omg anwserman, that made me laugh so much. btw typo in the name on purpose?

Hey, I try to make people laugh. Thats all I really remember about a TLC program on sex, and they did surveys about stuff and realized thats what women are most interested in.

And the name is spelt wrong on purpose, too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AUTO_
Jan 26, 2004, 06:11 PM
Why can't a nice, decent looking guy like me get a girlfriend???

Women generally go for the hot, bad-ass who treats them like garbage, and most of them shrug it off for other...benefits.

Just the cards you were delt, man...just don't...fold?

(Nevermind the poker analogy)

Anubis_
Jan 26, 2004, 06:31 PM
Women generally go for the hot, bad-ass who treats them like garbage, and most of them shrug it off for other...benefits.

If bye bad ass u mean a sheltered Pacifist that exploits his feelings often,, then I've got it made..

Yaay for Dating!!!!!

Gnarled_rose
Jan 26, 2004, 07:39 PM
I wish I could help, but if someone figures this out, PM ME!
In other words: Got the same problem. Not much I can do about, either.
Oh, yeah! And life sucks.

Skuda
Jan 27, 2004, 04:53 PM
I will never understand women... and men too for that matter....I will only understand myself, and even that I'm not sure of. *whips out katana* ehehe! time for some fun!

Guile
Jan 28, 2004, 02:20 AM
Make a girl think she wants you and she will.

AUTO_
Jan 28, 2004, 09:11 PM
On 2004-01-27 23:20, Guile wrote:
Make a girl think she wants you and she will.

Damn, why didn't I think of this advice?

But to add:

Just be as artificial as you can...if it's not working, there must obviously be something wrong with what you're doing now...

Just try not to be yourself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Axispoint
Jan 29, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-01-23 20:57, JedahNSonans wrote:
They're all b.... mean.

And all men are the other word for an illegitimate child http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Actually, it's better to reserve those words for the people who actually do deserve it, as it's more satisfactory that way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Onward to more about what the topic is about!

I can tell you something from my experience that peeved me about this last guy I was interested in (and he was interested in me). He told me he understood me. Kept insisting he understood me. And constantly proved he was talking out his bottom. Don't be an egotistical moron like that guy: just say it when you understand her for sure (not that I'm postive that would ever happen, as I can understand why a guy wouldn't understand a girl...I don't even understand myself, lol).

And to the topic starter (Scott_Kuda): hey, don't feel bad. I don't go looking for relationships, but have had nothing but bad luck with guys, to the point where I think I'd just be happier alone. I wonder where all the decent guys are (I don't expect a person to be perfect, but I also don't expect them to treat me like that last jerkoff mentioned above). Maybe in my case I should go looking once I get a few things taken care of, lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rainbowlemon
Feb 1, 2004, 03:31 PM
I try not to understand them - instead, i just agree with whatever they say and pray to god they don't tind fault in anything that I do. When things start getting a bit more tense, just buy them a rose or two, and everyone's happy! On a slightly different note, If you are truly eager to meet a girl, try going out to some bars or clubs and meeting people.

Or, if that's not your scene, school/work, depending on what stage you're up to in your life. My ex and I met in school when I went out with my friend to talk to HIS girlfriend (we had seperate divisions), and we ended up going out for a year and 9 months.

Oh and be honest - there's nothing worse than didding a hole for yourself! As long as you genuinely are a nice person, somebody right will eventually see you for who you are. These things just take time! - Aidan

ABDUR101
Feb 1, 2004, 05:25 PM
On 2004-02-01 12:31, Antimony wrote:
I try not to understand them - instead, i just agree with whatever they say and pray to god they don't tind fault in anything that I do. When things start getting a bit more tense, just buy them a rose or two, and everyone's happy!

Oh and be honest - there's nothing worse than didding a hole for yourself! As long as you genuinely are a nice person, somebody right will eventually see you for who you are. These things just take time! - Aidan

Those two paragraphs rather conflict. Be honest but don't try to understand your significant other, just agree even if you really don't? =|

InCognito
Feb 1, 2004, 07:37 PM
Life sucks. Women are stupid. They go after the bad-ass jerk guys till they're about 35. Then they'll start liking guys like you. What sucks is by that time your drive is gone, so nice men are never happy. Oh well.

ABDUR101
Feb 1, 2004, 09:07 PM
That generalization has no ground whatsoever, and is quite rude.

InCognito
Feb 1, 2004, 09:40 PM
You forgot to add "And quite true."

opaopajr
Feb 2, 2004, 06:54 AM
if you want them falling all over you remember the adage:

"all the good ones are married or gay"

so go get yourself some gay friends and married friends.

you'll learn the art of conversation (crucial), style, and cattiness from your gay friends.

you'll learn the quietly accepting (crucial), dismissive, and brusqueness from your married friends.

soon you'll have the best of both worlds. a man that can read and play a woman's game, and doesn't give a flaming toss in the end. show this through body language and you'll be such a catch - a challenge to tame.

love's a game, don't be afraid to cheat a little. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

LollipopLolita
Feb 2, 2004, 11:39 AM
judging by most of the stereotypical statements in this thread, i find it not so puzzling why some of the ones here can't find a girl...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-02 08:45 ]</font>

Saladwood
Feb 2, 2004, 11:44 AM
been waiting to see if someone would say that!

all the statements go both ways

Life sucks. Women are stupid. They go after the bad-ass jerk guys till they're about 35.

Life sucks. Men are stupid. They go after the big-busted bimbo girls till they're about 85.

see what I mean?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saladwood on 2004-02-02 08:46 ]</font>

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 02:35 AM
But that's the thing though. I DON'T do that.

I guess if being a responsible person with a job and a good life ahead of him isn't enough for a woman, then the standards are probably too high on men.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 02:46 AM
well see the point also is that not all women are like the women you stereotyped.

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 02:50 AM
Most where I am are. I don't know five eligible women that are not.

Are you a girl? You seemed offended by what I said. Sorry, it's just how I feel, and I have every reason to.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 03:03 AM
well see you're said you're not like the guys that like the big busted bimbo girls. at the same token, a lot of girls aren't like the girls you mention. and it's not fair to judge all girls based on just some of the women you know. any girl would feel ticked off or slightly annoyed if you generalize that all women are stupid. i mean, hell i can say, all men are dumb ass jerks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-03 00:05 ]</font>

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 03:07 AM
I earnestly feel that a greater portion of men feel this unfair "I'm not good enough for any woman" than women feel "men are stupid jerks." I feel society makes it too difficult for a man to be appealing enough to a woman, and that expectations have grown too high. To be honest, a girl can go out and get any anytime she wants. I know it's not necessairly right, but it is true.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 03:11 AM
well what about the fact that society make girls feel that to be appealing to a man or to get any attention, they have to be big busted and pretty and beautiful and skinny and thin and then they slave away for this? because if they don't, they feel like they are not good enough. what about all the girls who feel they're not good enough regardless?

if a girl can go out anytime and get some, then i can say a guy can too. but does that mean it's of any quality? or at what expense?

the fact is, you can't stereotype either sex or people and generalize them as a group.

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 03:17 AM
I can sure try.

Guys have a naturally higher level of testoserone and have to control it on a daily basis. You have no idea what it feels like to be a man. They have the "drive to continue the human race" feeling about all day if you know what I mean.

Women don't have to deal with this. The reason women get so stupid when they drink is because their testoserone level rises to that of a man's, and they don't have the every day training of having to keep it constrained.

That being said, men who are "alone" and don't have a significant other often feel the impending doom of being forever alone as more of a blow than women do.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 03:21 AM
women can be sluts too you know. women can have appetites and desires too. and some more than a man. women can want to have sex daily. sometimes more than one day. and some women aren't like that at all. not all man have to deal with it on a daily basis. not all man have the need to spread his genes daily and further the human race. not all sex is about procreating.

the reason why people get stupid when they drink, man or woman, isn't because of a sudden rise of hormones. it's because alcohol impairs one's judgements. if hormones were the case, a woman on hormone therapy while waiting for a sex change to be a man would suddenly be wanting to fuck left and right and that's not the case.

women who are alone also feel the same impending sense of doom of being alone. some women who are alone also feel their biological clocks ticking and feel the need to have a kid. but that's not true of all women.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-03 00:22 ]</font>

Guntz348
Feb 3, 2004, 03:24 AM
On 2004-02-03 00:17, InCognito wrote:
I can sure try.

Guys have a naturally higher level of testoserone and have to control it on a daily basis. You have no idea what it feels like to be a man. They have the "drive to continue the human race" feeling about all day if you know what I mean.

Ever heard of estrogen? Woman have that flowing through there veins in the exact same way we have testosterone. It can affect the brain and make you do differnt things too. And do you have any idea what kinda of psychological effects just going through a womans period can cause? Trust me when I say we can't feel what they are going through either.

Women don't have to deal with this. The reason women get so stupid when they drink is because their testoserone level rises to that of a man's, and they don't have the every day training of having to keep it constrained.

HA! I've seen just as many guys as girls turn into blabbering idiots when they get drunk. Testosterone doesn't have that much to do with how you act when your drunk. Trust me I see it every night when I bartend. Girls get more drunk off the same ammount of alcohol as a guy because there body weight is for the most part, much lower. And theres also about a million and one other factors that I wont even get into about that because it will take forever.

That being said, men who are "alone" and don't have a significant other often feel the impending doom of being forever alone as more of a blow than women do.

That's not very true either. I can name just as many women who feel they are destined to be alone as I can men. Hell I can name just as many guys who dont want a girl, just a hook-up and for everyone of them theres a girl that feels the same way.

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 03:24 AM
Actually some men have a testoserone drop when the drink. That's why a lot of guys just kinda "sit there" when they get drunk. Some guys fight, but that's more of a hereditary problem than a glandular one.

Argh, I'm veering into science. My bad.

Alright, I can't speak for the women's side, but being a guy who is seemingly doing all the right things (doing well in college, planning for his future) and NOT having any success with women really gives me a bad impression of the average woman.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 03:27 AM
maybe, changing your perspective of how women are like will give you a different perspective of the average women. maybe not basing the whole female population race by just the women you meet and haven't managed to work something out with might change your perspective of the average woman. because judging the whole female populations, all the gazillion women, shouldn't be judged by, let's say, what 20? 30?

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 03:28 AM
Human beings are only able to take cross sections. Our perceptions of what we know are based on what we've seen. Trying to change the prespective without the proper experiences is akin to mind control.

In layman's terms, you're asking me to instantly forgive the wrongs that have been done to me and that my experience is an inaccurate cross section of women. You cannot possibly expect a person to change their opinions on what they've seen by word alone. A counterexample is needed. Several in this case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InCognito on 2004-02-03 00:29 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 03:30 AM
most people only see what they want to see and don't want to see the whole picture. some people rise above that and take in the whole picture and consider every aspects instead of just selectively filtering what they want to see for their own ease and benefit.

and with that, good night!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-03 00:30 ]</font>

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 03:31 AM
I will take those words into consideration on my future endeavors, they are quite wise. However, I'm not just going to completely throw off everything I've seen, either.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 03:33 AM
but you haven't seen the entire world yet. so how can you judge the world based on just you've seen? your truth isn't everyone's truth.

okay really need to go to bed. nite incognito!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-03 00:34 ]</font>

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 03:34 AM
Nobody could ever see everything. We have to try to make the best assumptions we can to have a basis to work from.

Good night to you too.

Guntz348
Feb 3, 2004, 03:37 AM
No not really more so just trying to open your mind to the you may not be right simply because you beileve you are. You need to expand your horizons, you're only seeing the small picture and theres a whole world of things out there that you need to see, all of us need to see, before anyone can make a conclusion about people.

Saladwood
Feb 3, 2004, 03:41 AM
I don't know everything. I haven't seen everything. But I don't make assumptions on things and things I do not know entirely. And everyday I learn something new.

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 06:59 AM
We can never know anything entirely. I wouldn't call them assumptions, but we need a basis of what to predict in the future from what we know. Otherwise we would wake up every day knowing nothing.

If a person starts off with a bad view of something due to unfortunate events, you can't just expect him to instantly forgive his transgressors and start anew. Healing must take place.

A guy that gets burned by materialistic/uncaring women again and again cannot be expected to instantly forget his entire past. A reasonable man should conclude that perhaps his luck was poor, but he can't simply ignore past evidence in his future dealings. It's like expecting a child who was bitten by a dog to instantly love all dogs.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 11:47 AM
you can go to sleep and wake up not predicting the future but knowing what you have learned so far but not judging anything new entirely on your sole experiences.

while not expecting anyone to just change overnight, people can learn, and how much and how fast someone learns is up to them.

i was bitten by dogs and cats numerous times, and i love them and work with them now, especially abused dogs with behavorial problems which are liable to bite anytime due to fear. the difference is: i'm not a child, i know how to work with dogs now and will not judge all dogs on my previous experience. all dogs are different. even the first time, i was bitten by one, sure i yelped and winced in pain, but i knew it was just that one dog behaving like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-03 08:48 ]</font>

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 11:59 AM
I think I see a compromise here. We can move forward through life keeping our past experiences as sort of a reference log, that way when we see similar events unfolding we can try to predict a reasonable outcome.

However, we must also keep in mind how little we know of the whole, and that anything can happen. I suppose a healthy balance of both is the only way to get anywhere. Total bitterness is just as bad as being totally naive.

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 12:14 PM
i agree with the last statement. if you're going to live with bitterness, anger and hate, you're going to judge everything prior to the real deal, and then not do everything because of the once bitten twice shy thing. and then you'll never experience anything since you limit yourself. and instead of thinking of all the conditions, you just limit yourself to your bitter view everything. and you'll feed off the anger and hate. instead of blaming everyone else, take responsibility of your own actions and faults.

InCognito
Feb 3, 2004, 12:18 PM
Is being harmed by someone else a fault?

LollipopLolita
Feb 3, 2004, 12:22 PM
no it's not a fault, but what you think or view of it and decide later on going out of that experience can be. anyhow, back on topic!

Skuda
Feb 3, 2004, 11:05 PM
hey, settle down, some women are like in your stereotypes and some men are too. You have extremes in both situations. I've come to the conclusion, If any girl doesn't find me attractive, I guess it's their loss. I've decided to just go with the flow like I used to before I got so Hung up on finding a girlfriend. I hope to get married someday, but If that doesn't happen, I'm not going to get my nickers in a twist.
*grins and gives the peace sign*
I'm just your everyday "happy-go-lucky", sensative gentelman.

RuneLateralus
Feb 4, 2004, 11:44 AM
A little something for all the bitter people out there.

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up these defenses, you build this whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life. You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They do something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own any more. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darknes, so working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."

-Neil Gaiman

On a side note: Neil Gaiman is the man.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2004-02-04 08:46 ]</font>

Skuda
Feb 4, 2004, 06:10 PM
If that's what love is.... I WANT A PIECE!!!! WOOO!!! Sounds like a jolly good time!

DarthFomar
Feb 5, 2004, 02:54 AM
Bah...screw love, too much crap to deal with. And besides I want to live in Alaska, too cold for love there. Plus I'm not really the emotional/romantic type. And there's just too much relationship issues between people these days; he/she dies, leaves, cheats, and the arguments: oh the agony. And the whole needle in a hay stack trouble it is to find love in the first place...love's not bad but it ain't bliss neither. Maybe someday there can be true love----but till then

opaopajr
Feb 8, 2004, 07:10 AM
love's oodles of fun! and completely invincible. there is no victory against love - for even "victory" means agonizing loss. the only thing to cope is to submit, to flow, to accept. resistance is futile.

ps: a tip. a quick way to bore many women is to be overly cerebral (objective) about topics for discussion. women may love intelligent men, but they love it when that intelligent man can listen in return and also exude passion. and dirty suggestions help too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Crystal_Heart
Feb 10, 2004, 09:01 PM
Here are some tips for you Kuda, at least things we girls in Cali like:

1. Be yourself: If you try and be like the big bad-ass, when you're really not, we'll see right through it.

2. Don't try too hard: If you try too hard, you'll come off as being pathetic (or desperate), and no girl wants to date a pathetic (or desperate)person.

3. Not all girls like bad boys: Take me for instance. I'd rather have a fun time just going bowling with some friends, rather than hanging out at some bar watching guys pound some drinks.

4. Let the girl know you care: Always find time to talk to them, so they know you care. But, don't be obsessive. This means, don't call them every five minutes, and give them space to breathe.

5. DON'T CHEAT ON THEM: This is by far the worst thing you can do, so just don't do it. You've tried so hard to woo them, so don't turn around and woo someone else.

Hope that helps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bradicus
Feb 10, 2004, 09:58 PM
5. [b]DON'T CHEAT ON THEM[/b

What a novel idea...

Skuda
Feb 10, 2004, 11:07 PM
Thank you for the good tips Crystal_heart! I have a crush on this one girl in my english class and I'm thinking of asking her out to dinner sometime soon. I've taken your tips into careful consideration. ah romance..I might actually have a chance at trying it out!

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 11, 2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Crystal knows what she's talkin about. And yeah, those tips work. PS- it's good to see you on these boards, CH http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT:Oh yeah, and good luck on that girl, Kuda.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos_Phoenix on 2004-02-11 11:40 ]</font>

Skuda
Feb 11, 2004, 02:45 PM
so how does sowing up with a single (insert flower here) And askeing her to dinner on Saturday sound? A big fancy place called the Tuskany (sp?). best restaraunt in town!

Hikara
Feb 11, 2004, 02:48 PM
Sounds good!

Of course, I haven't been on a date yet.... 10 days, man.... 10 days... but I think it should be alright.

Hey wait, who am I kidding? I'M A GUY!!

Yeah, let Crystal answer that.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 11, 2004, 02:49 PM
As long as she likes you... that sounds fine to me. But, let Crystal answer that one for ya!

Skuda
Feb 11, 2004, 02:52 PM
crystal?

hollowtip
Feb 11, 2004, 06:27 PM
One thing about girls you have to understand:

Rarely do they go out of there way to be the agressor. If you want to talk to a girl and get to know her, you have to commit yourself to showing interest.

Girls are for the most part shy, and I can actually symphasize with you to a certain extent. I always wondered why a decent looking guy with a great personality like myself couldn't snag a girl with the same features. I was nice, unique, semi-popular, and somewhat funny, but I just could never attract that special someone. I waited, waited, and waited, and finally a revelation in my life occured. I realized with all this time I used for waiting, I could be taking action instead.

It all came down to ME not commiting myself to being socially active with the female gender, gaining confidence within myself, and not having the guts to change the current dillema I was facing.

My confidence was extremely lacking all throughout my high school and teenage years, and I all but given up hope. I began to think I was ugly, boring, and socially inept to really have any girls accept me. But then I found my angel.

In the beginning of our relationship, she was shocked I hadn't been in ANY relationships all throughout my four years in high school, stating that I had to be lying to her, going on about how intimidated she would have been if she were to open a conversation with me (I'm 6'9, and she says a lot of girls are intimidated by really tall guys, and would think it would be futile to ask for a date with someone who was already taken).

Now whenever we go out, she points out girls that give me googly stares (She gets more of those googly stares though) from across the room when we sit down to eat, and claims I'm model material If I just gained some weight, in sincere fashion.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, just trying to emphasize that maybe you haven't put yourself in position to find that special someone.

Moral of the story?

The negative images you have put on yourself, may be positive through other people's eyes, they just don't always express it to you for one reason or another.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-02-11 15:31 ]</font>

BogusKun
Feb 11, 2004, 06:33 PM
Buy a videogame for her... she'll understand.

Crystal_Heart
Feb 11, 2004, 09:11 PM
On 2004-02-11 11:52, Scott_Kuda wrote:
crystal?

Hey, that's me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyways, I say you bring her a yellow rose, 'cause yellow is trust. And, if it's your first date, I don't think the most expensive place is the right place. You should start off slower, in my opinion. If you take her to a really expensive place, she might think that you have darker motives than you appear to have, if you catch my drift. Just take her to some place with a good, friendly atmosphere, and don't worry about the whole 'date' thing. Just have a good time, and talk about her, but also listen. For some odd reason, girls like it when guys actually pay attention.

Oh, and I'm glad you invited me here, Phoenix http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BogusKun
Feb 11, 2004, 09:43 PM
On 2004-02-11 18:11, Crystal_Heart wrote:

On 2004-02-11 11:52, Scott_Kuda wrote:
crystal?

For some odd reason, girls like it when guys actually pay attention.

Oh, and I'm glad you invited me here, Phoenix http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well, that's the main element of being in love is paying attention...

Skuda
Feb 11, 2004, 11:20 PM
I can do that! I love listening!

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 12, 2004, 09:28 AM
What was that? I wasn't listening http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

BogusKun
Feb 12, 2004, 11:51 AM
I used to think other guys were only after one thing...

...the pussy...

But I already have a cat so... that theory is kinda wrong.

Skuda
Feb 12, 2004, 02:24 PM
god! I love kitties! too bad I don't have one...

Hikara
Feb 12, 2004, 02:31 PM
*slaps Chaos Phoenix upside the head*
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif
You dolt.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 12, 2004, 02:35 PM
*Hikara's attack does nothing*

Ha! I'm invincible!

(disembodied voice:)You're a loony!

BogusKun
Feb 12, 2004, 03:57 PM
So, I want to get something straight, because I would like to understand the clear concept of the subject that lies before me. Usually this happens a lot and questions start to steer up in one persons' head as if, he is lost but, not. Clearly you may understand what I mean, maybe you don't... but, the fact of the matter is, I just have this one question that I've been dying to know since I first started this "reply-to-topic"...

... What is this topic about?

ABDUR101
Feb 12, 2004, 04:55 PM
People getting warnings if they don't stop spamming and going off topic.

*moves to Off-topic since it is more of a discussion*

Crystal_Heart
Feb 12, 2004, 10:13 PM
(disembodied voice:)You're a loony!

That pretty much sums you up right there, Phoenix http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Oh, and this topic is about... being off-topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Darkchyld
Feb 15, 2004, 01:04 AM
about being off topic, i will say this now while i still have dignity. single awareness day isn't a day for singles to be aware that they are single. it is a day to acutally have the guts to do something you wouldn't normally do for once. and just FYI Chaos_Phoenix, i'm talking about Janae. anyways, i would say that love stinks but then i'd be lying through my teeth. what i'm tring to say is, just do what nike does, Just Do IT.

Outrider
Feb 15, 2004, 02:21 AM
On 2004-02-14 22:04, Darkchyld wrote:
what i'm tring to say is, just do what nike does

Use child labor in foreign countries? Alright, I wasn't going to, but if you say so.