PDA

View Full Version : Darn nervous habits...

Blitzkommando
Jan 24, 2004, 12:28 AM
I tend to have lots of nervous habits. At first it was biting my fingers. What I mean is I would bite the skin around the nail and generally mess it up. Then I started picking at the skin on my thumbs, this often resulted in bleeding. Now I bite my lips to the point where I'm removing pieces of skin from the lip, producing a bloody sore. The only reason I do these things is not necessarily a nervous habit as much as a habit from bordom. I get bored at school and I start picking at something. I have to be doing something or else I go insane. If I'm not picking at skin, I'm destroying erasers, rulers, papers, etc. Darn these boring classes... Meh, that's my rant for the day.

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 12:56 AM
If i'm nervous i laugh, if i'm bored i think of what would happen if i did this and that and how people would react. I've managed to complete one day in under an hour.

Solstis
Jan 24, 2004, 01:42 AM
If i'm nervous i laugh, if i'm bored i think of what would happen if i did this and that and how people would react. I've managed to complete one day in under an hour.

My thoughts usually end up with someone dying, and that's when I have to put it on hold. Never did a whole day though, maybe a span of a few hours.

metermore
Jan 24, 2004, 02:17 AM
On 2004-01-23 21:28, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
I tend to have lots of nervous habits. At first it was biting my fingers. What I mean is I would bite the skin around the nail and generally mess it up. Then I started picking at the skin on my thumbs, this often resulted in bleeding. Now I bite my lips to the point where I'm removing pieces of skin from the lip, producing a bloody sore. The only reason I do these things is not necessarily a nervous habit as much as a habit from bordom. I get bored at school and I start picking at something. I have to be doing something or else I go insane. If I'm not picking at skin, I'm destroying erasers, rulers, papers, etc. Darn these boring classes... Meh, that's my rant for the day.

*biteing left tumb truthfully*
ive done that all my life damn its annoying

odie2088
Jan 24, 2004, 06:04 PM
im never really nervous...surprisingly enough, im laid-back. the only problems i have are paranoia problems. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Allos
Jan 24, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-01-23 21:56, Sord wrote:
if i'm bored i think of what would happen if i did this and that and how people would react. I've managed to complete one day in under an hour.

I do that in class all the time. But it sucks because I usually get called on when I'm not payin attention.

Auronius
Jan 24, 2004, 10:13 PM

I do the same stuff, only I really haven't stopped the finger biting/ thumb picking. I'm a bloody mess.

DOG21313
Jan 25, 2004, 03:04 AM
You should see my erasers... i cant help from stabbing them with my pencil during class. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blitzkommando
Jan 25, 2004, 11:20 AM
You should see my erasers... i cant help from stabbing them with my pencil during class. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yes, I stab my erasers too. I use those nice Pentel metal-tipped mechanical pencils. Well I was stabbing some plastic part of the clicky eraser, in order to make the eraser part pop out, and I slip and it slams into my thumb. The wound went deep and started bleeding pretty badly, and my luck couln't have been better. This was in English during Romeo&Juliet, which I had studied previously, and I was bored stupid. So I go up to the teacher and say, "I appear to be seriously wounded." She just looks at the thumb and annoyed, tells me to go to the nurse. Great teachers I've had...

Rainbowlemon
Feb 1, 2004, 04:28 PM
I bounce my right leg up and down. People point it out as well, but there's no stopping it! It's out of control! I never usually have any problems with my hands now - I used to be unsure sbout what to do with my arms when walking, but as I've progressed in life everything has fitted nicely into place http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

undevil
Feb 1, 2004, 04:35 PM
I used to bite my nails.

When I was younger I would bite the skin on the inside of my cheeks.

Now when I am nervous or bored I either chew up my pencils or I bob my left leg up and down.

I am also a nervous eater. Right before the start of Cross Country races, I always eat a ton of donuts for some reason.

Schpitz
Feb 7, 2004, 02:28 AM
No one or no thing can prevent my fingers from being ripped and torn until the skin is half missing and the nail seems to be lifted on the quick. That's gross, but that's America.

derBauer
Feb 7, 2004, 03:21 AM
I tend to have lots of nervous habits. At first it was biting my fingers. What I mean is I would bite the skin around the nail and generally mess it up.

Is your name Ashley?

Armok
Feb 7, 2004, 07:43 AM
On 2004-01-24 15:04, odie2088 wrote:
im never really nervous...surprisingly enough, im laid-back. the only problems i have are paranoia problems. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm just constantly paranoid. The key is to think less. Oh and as for habits i do have obcessions about scabs and such and must eat them. Sick really.

Sayara
Feb 9, 2004, 12:45 AM
Eh, Alot of things happen to me as i get nervious,

For one, my mental sanity drops rapidly...
Then i get amazing Stomach Cramps to no end. Terrible Heart Poudnings, and crap

And once... ONLY once i downright Hyperventilated...

________
EPILEPSY ADVICE (http://www.health-forums.org/epilepsy/)

undevil
Feb 9, 2004, 12:59 AM
I get extremely nervous when I have to stand up in front of a crowd to do a speech.

First my stomach drops, then my mouth becomes dry, my legs shiver, I get headaches. Massive sweating in the armpits and chest.