PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Topic Labels

anwserman
Jan 30, 2004, 03:36 PM
I really, REALLY hate it when people use unnecessary topic labels. No offense to the people who do this, but isn't kinda stupid to do like...

PSO-GC: FAT RAPPY!
XBOX: Monomate!!!11!!!!!

It doesn't make sense. Use the stupid labels ONLY if its specific to a certain version, such as ship linkup or technical difficulties. There isn't too much of a difference between the X-Box and GC versions, and using a topic label to discuss a freakin' item or an enemy that exists in both versions senseless.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 30, 2004, 04:20 PM
Or how about "The Dark God" thread, damn I thought it would be interesting debate about pseudo gods and myths or something to that effect. BUT NO!!! It was about stupid piping and duping, meh. Talk about false advertisement... meh.

ABDUR101
Jan 30, 2004, 04:36 PM
I'd hope most people realise that they're not supposed to misuse topic tags.

Skuda
Jan 30, 2004, 05:07 PM
being mislead is never fun. especially when it happens to you when you are buying something expensive.

Black000Moon
Jan 30, 2004, 05:17 PM
Maybe they do it because they want people to reply? (just an idea).

anwserman
Jan 30, 2004, 05:30 PM
On 2004-01-30 14:17, Black000Moon wrote:
Maybe they do it because they want people to reply? (just an idea).

So, using an example currently in Item Discussion, GC: Agito 1975, considering that both the X-Box and the GC versions are essentially the same for ~legit, available to find items (excluding quest items)~, does he only want people to play on the GC to answer?

Because there is NO SENSE to using a topic title UNLESS it is specific to a version of PSO!

Sorry for using you as an example Jason. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-30 14:30 ]</font>

undevil
Jan 30, 2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah I agree with the name thing. Annoying...

I love topics that have good debates in them. I especially love it when little kids feel it to be their need to start big flame wars. Fun shit..

Ness
Jan 30, 2004, 07:24 PM
On 2004-01-30 15:12, undevil wrote:
Yeah I agree with the name thing. Annoying...

I love topics that have good debates in them. I especially love it when little kids feel it to be their need to start big flame wars. Fun shit..

Debates here are only fun until the little kids that don't know what they're talking about join in. Then and those that think debating is synonymous with flaming.

Anyway.....

Most people make misleading topics to grab attention.