PDA

View Full Version : Walking = The Shit

Reenee
Feb 2, 2004, 08:08 PM
Okay, so, some friend of my mom's had to go pick me up. It was my friend's mother, actually... Anywho, it's 1:50 PM and I wait for her. I get out early than everyone else...

3:24. I waited outside for too damn long. I'm not going to slowly develop and feel how a sore throat starts. I tried to call collect to anybody I knew, but no go. I had no money.

Let's put it this way: it took me exactly an hour to get home, on a straight road, with my hands numb from a developing storm... except for 2 turns. By car, I could've been home in 15 minutes.

As soon as I get home, I just blah everything and turn on my dad's computer (which is why I haven't been on lately, fyi). I call my dad to tell him what's happened, and when I feel my profousely sweaty back hit the chair, the door bell rings.

It's her. It's actually the first time I've ever seen her freak out. I'm half-pissed off, but half-tired too (damn sweaty back). So she tells me that she got the date wrong with her mother's dentist appointment, and she goes ahead by ignoring a "easily sick from the weather" 17-year old in the rain...oh, whatever. I'm just tired.

The moral of the story: DDR helps out here, and you can get a sweaty back wearing a jacket by walking quickly in cold weather.

Dangerous55
Feb 2, 2004, 09:14 PM
Never walked anywhere before?

Dime
Feb 2, 2004, 09:34 PM
I never thought of reenee as the athletic type, so probably not.

Bradicus
Feb 2, 2004, 10:28 PM
Try being dropped off at a school that is half an hour away, in a snowstorm, when you're 11. What's that? no one in school? My silly mother doesn't believe in snow days.

I had a smaller stride back then, so it took two hours to get home (no one had removed the snow from the walkways).

Armok
Feb 3, 2004, 04:48 AM
On 2004-02-02 17:08, Reenee wrote:
Okay, so, some friend of my mom's had to go pick me up. It was my friend's mother, actually... Anywho, it's 1:50 PM and I wait for her. I get out early than everyone else...

3:24. I waited outside for too damn long. I'm not going to slowly develop and feel how a sore throat starts. I tried to call collect to anybody I knew, but no go. I had no money.

Let's put it this way: it took me exactly an hour to get home, on a straight road, with my hands numb from a developing storm... except for 2 turns. By car, I could've been home in 15 minutes.

As soon as I get home, I just blah everything and turn on my dad's computer (which is why I haven't been on lately, fyi). I call my dad to tell him what's happened, and when I feel my profousely sweaty back hit the chair, the door bell rings.

It's her. It's actually the first time I've ever seen her freak out. I'm half-pissed off, but half-tired too (damn sweaty back). So she tells me that she got the date wrong with her mother's dentist appointment, and she goes ahead by ignoring a "easily sick from the weather" 17-year old in the rain...oh, whatever. I'm just tired.

The moral of the story: DDR helps out here, and you can get a sweaty back wearing a jacket by walking quickly in cold weather.

Its only an hrs walk and insted u waited for 1 1/2 hrs for a lift. My god I walked to school every day 45 minute each way. Sorry but your tramatic experience is the really quite pathetic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-02-03 01:53 ]</font>

Alielle
Feb 3, 2004, 05:20 AM
On 2004-02-02 17:08, Reenee wrote:

Come on; I do this every day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Take gloves next time.

Firocket1690
Feb 3, 2004, 06:37 AM
On 2004-02-03 02:20, Alielle wrote:
Come on; I do this every day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Take gloves next time.

*nods*

Mom has issues and lectures me for a good 15 minutes whenever I ask for a ride.

I just walk to and from school is only half hr. daily. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SpikeOtacon
Feb 3, 2004, 06:50 AM
I walk everywhere. I have no car.

_Sinue_
Feb 3, 2004, 10:38 AM
Try walking 6 miles in the middle of a thunderstorm with and 30mph winds and rain so thick some people had to pull off to the side of the road cause they couldn't see even with their wipers going full speed.

What else could I have done tho.. I had no car, and I needed a pack of smokes. The closest gas station is three miles away.

The only thing that really sucked about it was the blisters I got from walking that far in wet socks and tennis shoes.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 3, 2004, 11:05 AM
On 2004-02-03 03:50, SpikeOtacon wrote:
I walk everywhere. I have no car.

Ditto. Walking is healthy, cost-less, and gives you time to muse over thoughts swimming around your head. And as somebody can steal your car, but chances are that nobody'll rob off with your feet, it's also *pretty* reliable, so my advice is walk more often, rather than arranging lifts.

Daikarin
Feb 3, 2004, 11:21 AM
Or you could run. It's faster and healthier.

*smile*

polishedweasel
Feb 3, 2004, 12:33 PM
I drive everywhere, you have no choice where I live. Everything is like 10 miles away.

-Geshtar-
Feb 3, 2004, 03:11 PM
Poor Reenee...

Came here to rant about the walk and whats he get? It all thrown back in his face by you guys =P

undevil
Feb 3, 2004, 03:44 PM
I feel the pain.

Actually I don't. I run Cross Country and six miles takes me about an hour to go through so...

But to people who don't like running or walking, I can see this as a problem. It is also a drag to carry a backpack around with you while trying to go someplace farther away. I sometimes carry loads on my back and five pound weights while walking. The load on the back doesn't do any help though, so I quit that. But I do run with five pound rist things on me. They help develop your shoulders become broader, so it is easier to run in long races.

Average Cross Country race last three miles. People will tell you it is easy, but they haven't actually ran it. It isn't easy. The adreneline before the race is enough to make some people piss themselves.

On topic-Next time, you should curse the woman out who left you waiting at school!

Nai_Calus
Feb 3, 2004, 07:16 PM
Oh my god, he's ranting in a RANTS FORUM!!! OMGWTFUXX0RZBBQ!!!1111eleven111!

Motherfucking DUH. </KodiaX987>

That would seriously piss me off. Guh. Track her down and beat her senseless with a wet sock.

You can't walk here either. Everything is 15 miles away, and North Carolina does not believe in sidewalks. Except oddly enough my high school. That was nice and risky, though. Walk down my street(In the middle of the road, because there are no sidewalks) and on to the busy main road, which you are crossing early in the morning. There are many cars coming both ways, the speed limit is 35, people go 45, it's a blind corner where I had to cross, and there is no crosswalk. This is rural, damn near, so. Two lanes, but two lanes of very possible death. I had more than one close call. Then you get to walk up the road the buses go up and down. The buses go very fast, and there is still no sidewalk. The grass is full of holes, and is usually too muddy to walk on. Every couple of minutes you have to quickly jump into it to avoid being splattered by 4 tons of metal. Once you finally get up the long hill, you face the horror of the parking lot, where very inexperienced drivers do their best to run you over. Then you get to walk up a couple hundred stairs on the side of the building you're on, and -then- you're in the building, exhausted, probably with muddy shoes. Your backpack weighs 50lbs, and your first class and locker are both on the second floor. There is an elevator, but it's on the far end of the building and you aren't allowed to use it. Walking home, you opt to walk down the grassy hill instead of the road with the busses. You sprain both your ankles, and can't walk for a week.

This actually happened. Yes, my school was right across the street. And my mother drove me there almost every single morning. >_> And often home, as well.

Uncle_bob
Feb 3, 2004, 07:38 PM
On 2004-02-02 19:28, Bradicus wrote:
Try being dropped off at a school that is half an hour away, in a snowstorm, when you're 11. What's that? no one in school? My silly mother doesn't believe in snow days.

I had a smaller stride back then, so it took two hours to get home (no one had removed the snow from the walkways).

Eheh? Damn kids! Back in the snow storm of '45 we had to walk barefooted, even naked through 12 feet of snow, land mines, and grandma's to get to school only to find out we had gotten ourselves into some kind of neo-nazi satan worshiping cult house. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Reenee
Feb 3, 2004, 09:15 PM
FUCK, BOB! GET BACK TO THE TRASH FORUM!

Update: My legs have a pain at the joints (meh), and so is the same for my right shoulder.

Out of all the "torture" I've gone through (I'm not complaining, you atheletic doowads who don't do DDR and suffer tummy aches for a half hour after you're done), I was in a rush to school when my backpack mysteriously spewed 15 cents...

I checked my backpack, and realized I had bus fare the whole time. X3 I think I yelled "WOBBUFET!" 6 times...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2004-02-03 18:16 ]</font>

Dime
Feb 3, 2004, 10:09 PM
You must be part of this obese demographic I'm hearing so much about.

geewj
Feb 3, 2004, 10:25 PM
On 2004-02-03 19:09, Dime wrote:

You must really want to get banned because despite your numerous number of warnings you still seem to be an asshole to everyone you come into contact with on these fourms.

Bradicus
Feb 3, 2004, 10:36 PM
On 2004-02-03 16:38, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2004-02-02 19:28, Bradicus wrote:

Eheh? Damn kids! Back in the snow storm of '45 we had to walk barefooted, even naked through 12 feet of snow, land mines, and grandma's to get to school only to find out we had gotten ourselves into some kind of neo-nazi satan worshiping cult house. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dont forget the Oliphants, dear.

Dime
Feb 3, 2004, 10:46 PM
On 2004-02-03 19:25, Prof_Frink wrote:

On 2004-02-03 19:09, Dime wrote:

You must really want to get banned because despite your numerous number of warnings you still seem to be an asshole to everyone you come into contact with on these fourms.

That wasn't meant to be assholish, if it was I would have straight up called him lardy mclarderbutter or something of the sort.

geewj
Feb 3, 2004, 11:39 PM
On 2004-02-03 19:46, Dime wrote:
[quote]

That wasn't meant to be assholish, if it was I would have straight up called him lardy mclarderbutter or something of the sort.

Most people would hardly see a difference between the two. And it's how most people view it that matters concerning warnings, not how you intend it.

Reenee
Feb 4, 2004, 12:29 AM
Weighing in at 135 lbs., I'm surprised Dime took a shot at moi when he doesn't even know what I'm like. I thought he was smarter than that, but maaaaan...

In conclusion, even people like Dime have brain farts.

BACK ON FUCKING TOPIC!

Alielle
Feb 4, 2004, 12:40 AM
Bicycles are great.

Reenee
Feb 4, 2004, 12:42 AM
I should've bought that scooter, now that I think about it...

Uncle_bob
Feb 4, 2004, 04:53 PM
On 2004-02-03 18:15, Reenee wrote:

FUCK, BOB! GET BACK TO THE TRASH FORUM!

Uncle was on topic so get offa his sack, por favor. Want him to rant about how chocolate cakes give his dad a heartburn? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dime
Feb 4, 2004, 05:05 PM
On 2004-02-03 21:29, Reenee wrote:
Weighing in at 135 lbs., I'm surprised Dime took a shot at moi when he doesn't even know what I'm like. I thought he was smarter than that, but maaaaan...

In conclusion, even people like Dime have brain farts.

BACK ON FUCKING TOPIC!

Well, you bitched about a measly 1 hour WALK, so certain things were fair to assume.

Myopathy
Feb 4, 2004, 10:26 PM
Truthfully, I would bitch about having to walk for an hour. I don't know about you all, but I don't think I can even find situations in my life where I would have to walk that long nonstop. So obviously, if one came up, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Also, I have a car. And I use it very liberally. I used to live in an apartment. And right across the street from the apartment was a McDonald's and a Taco Bell. If I wanted to go eat there, would I walk there? Hell no! I'm driving! I have plenty of choices of whether to walk or drive, and if it was possible, I would pick driving everytime. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

And no, I'm not fat.

Reenee
Feb 4, 2004, 11:39 PM
I was hardly complaining about the so-called pain I got. I'm bitching about how I should've been home ASAP so I can sleep and fart while I sleep on the comfort of my own bed. Bleh.

Ness
Feb 5, 2004, 06:58 AM
Usually, if I have to stay after school, I just walk to the library, which is a 10 minute walk from the school, and do stuff there. If I'm fast enough, I can catch a ride with this cute girl that lives in my neighborhood.