PDA

View Full Version : X-box, fucking shit!

Shimarisu
Feb 4, 2004, 02:16 PM
Well, my boyfriend thought it would be a nice surprise to buy me the X-box version of PSO.

First of all, they are all under 16 years old. Secondly I got called a retard and gay. Why? Cause I went on at level 1 and was called a noob. I told them I was fresh from the GC version. What do they say? "Gamecube sucks, it's for kids." Then they say I'm gay. So I said "Sure, I am gay, you stupid fucks" just to piss them off. Note I was playing a FOmar with no voice warp, so I sounded EXACTLY like a woman. This gets me abuse from the fuckers on X-box. Everybody in the lobby called me names and asked if I was also an arab (favourite racist target for people in the UK). Now lewt me say, on entering I voicebanned everybody with a patrotic name (Scotslad, proudbrit). After I entered a game, all were banned. Like, 20 people for homophobic racist cack. I entered a team and nobody knew how to play. I quote "Who is the woman speaking." I said "The FOmar". "The who?" they said. "The guy in a dress." I said. "That's a guy?" they said. I also said "You guys know we are gonna be raped by Dark Falz, right?" "Who?" They said.

The stupid thing also crashed FIVE TIMES today while I played. Five fucking times. And when I went to fight a boss, it didn't load the boss. We were stuck there for half an hour. I went off to have a drink while I waited.

X-box is cack. There is your proof.

lolita edit:

shima, i'm sorry but you get one warning for that and i think you know what i am talking about. we have kids here. congrats on the new xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-04 15:57 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Feb 4, 2004, 02:21 PM
As much as I love my Box, I will have to agree with you that PSO on it was not a great experience. When I played it for the first time, I had 3 people ask me my ASL, then left finding out I was guy. Finally, there was one guy who joined and stayed to actually play, but he had to go.

Xbox and Xbox Live are really great for games like MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Rainbow Six, and such, but I don't think PSO really worked that well on the system. Sure, the communication is better, but their were not enough people online...and not enough friendly people when I played it. I only wonder how True Fantasy Online Live will be...

But then again, the only real Xbox Live game I really can't for Halo 2...now that will be the game to get for it...dammit, I need my multiplayer Halo fix!

polishedweasel
Feb 4, 2004, 02:53 PM
Similar experience happened to me when I went to play my DDR on Live. I wsa shunned and called a noob because I was using a controller to play. OK, 2 AM, everyone in the house is alseep, and my bedroom is on the top floor of the house. Me= noob for being respectful. They also said that I can't play for shit and some other blah blah blah. But My record is untainted so they can all suck me.

anwserman
Feb 4, 2004, 03:06 PM
Sad....

Regardless, if they ever link the ships up, I'll gladly play with you Shimarisu. I'll try not to be a dick, and typically when I play PSO, I play PSO for a while, and my shortest time I typically play is an hour.

Sorry you've had a bad experience, but it will get better. Trust me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

undevil
Feb 4, 2004, 03:48 PM
I play under the name -=HybriD=-.

I actually like the X-Box. I have met a couple of asses on voice chat, but I just block them. Then you have the jerks who repeatedly do the symbol chat in the lobby, or play loud and annoying music. Then you have the little 6 year olds with annoying voices who whine in the mic.

Most of the time however, I find the people on the voice chat fun to talk with.

Firocket1690
Feb 4, 2004, 04:01 PM
Watch the language, if at all possible...
I was on this at school earlier and it blocked half the post because it "exceeded the limit of questionable words"

Anywho ...
I always thought of GC as a better console.
Hmm, if you hang out in Antares (8) a lot, Some eople sometimes spam the "NO HOPE 4 X" and/or the "X SUX"
with a little xbox drawn in the symbol.
I even once saw someoen made the fist thingy smash the box (animation)

I hate Xbox as well. >=(

P.S. try not to get banned, I enjoy your writings. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Solstis
Feb 4, 2004, 05:04 PM
When I join an open XBOX game, I find that 1/4 players is a jerk (roughly). 3 players (including me) will be all "leet" and then that one kid asking for AL Rappies and that leaves after one level comes in.

GAh!

XBOX ain't so bad if you have a high tolerance level.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 4, 2004, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't know, as I can only play offline with my xbox, but nevertheless, it has still crashed on me more than 10 times so far. Piece of shoddy merchandise! It's Mr.Gates, it's all his fault. Silly moo. I had to transfer my mate's spare Gamertag to a memory card to play as well! What do they think they're playing at? - Aidan

Solstis
Feb 4, 2004, 06:55 PM
On 2004-02-04 15:51, Antimony wrote:
I wouldn't know, as I can only play offline with my xbox, but nevertheless, it has still crashed on me more than 10 times so far. Piece of shoddy merchandise! It's Mr.Gates, it's all his fault. Silly moo. I had to transfer my mate's spare Gamertag to a memory card to play as well! What do they think they're playing at? - Aidan

Well, blame Microsoft, not ST.

Is your XBOX first gen? That would explain a lot of crashes if it is.

LollipopLolita
Feb 4, 2004, 06:57 PM
let's watch the language here.

and

remember rule 16 shall we?

Website/Board/Console Wars
No website, board or consoler wars are tolerated.

Shimarisu
Feb 5, 2004, 08:15 AM
shima, i'm sorry but you get one warning for that and i think you know what i am talking about. we have kids here. congrats on the new xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-04 15:57 ]</font>

No I don't. If you mean the swearword, here in the UK that's actually no worse of a word than fuck. Everybody's allowed to say that here so I do not get why some words are not allowed. There isn't a list or anything, so you can't really blame me for using one and not another, when in the UK that word's primary meaning is "bastard". Just like bastard really, the meaning has been warped so far from the original, just another word for a nasty person. You see that word in the popular media here all the time, and I just don't get why Americans are so defensive about that and not others.

You do know that if you said fanny on a UK board, it might get you a warning, right? Except you could just go ahead an type it without thinking. Now I typed that without thinking because people are allowed to swear here, and anyway this isn't console advocacy post, if you read it it's my disgust at the idiocy on X-box. It's worse than GC and the X-Box owners seem to agree. I've also had the X-Box for 6 months.

Places I am banned from:

Aya UK anime con
The local pub
The comic shop
My ex-friend's house
Life.

Just one more cannot hurt. We're all going to die anyway.
We are hurtling heading towards death. I say you can't harm me because you can, just only earlier than usual which would make zero difference because in the tiniest modicum of time we'll all be dead anyway.

- Shimarisu

Hrith
Feb 5, 2004, 10:44 AM
You like to yell at kids (that is not a reference to that one post about having kids or not, Lolita was clear enough, I won't bring that back), but to me you sound like a kid yourself...

Of course you have some deep thoughts, but you use words you have no idea what they truly mean.
"Banned from Life", come on !

Tell me, where did you spend your adolescence ?
I spent mine in a place where the average murder rate is 1 per week, and saw two mates (17 and 22) dead because they simply were at the wrong place at the wrong time. They hadn't done anything wrong or bad. They were 'banned from Life'.

At first I thought it was really weak of you to let go on a forum ; but now I think it's a good thing you talk about your problems here at PSOW, it may help you not "explode". Because you do seem to be like a bomb ready to explode. And you know what bombs do when they explode ? they damage. So you should maybe look at who you would damage, they might not deserve it.

I can't believe such a brilliant mind (cf some of your replies here, some are really witty) would be alone in the world.
Well you have a boyfriend, that we know for sure.
I like knowing people who think a lot, and who have -- interesting -- thoughts about various things. Not knowing you would would be a loss. Start seeing things under that angle. Start sounding vain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2004-02-05 07:45 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Feb 5, 2004, 10:57 AM
Shima, we're not banning you, I'm just doing my job and giving you a warning. I would have done so for everyone else and not just you. And since this board spans multiple countries and cultures, I and posters have to be aware of the multiple implications of words on different countries, and what you said in your post earlier should not be said or read by kids. Just because one is pissed doesn't mean one has to resort to such language, and I wasn't the only one who was surprised at it, Firerocket mentioned it as well and I was alerted by another mod. You can be pissed at the xbox without saying that. I have an xbox myself and I don't think highly of it, sure but still. This has nothing to do with death or life. It's just simple one warning. And I know what words mean in the UK, I was British educated for most of my life. I apologize that you did not know what that means here, but again I am just doing my job. It's no big deal Shima, it's just one warning, a lot of members here float around with 2 or 3. No one is trying to harm you and certainly not me. I would be the last person who would try to do that to you.

Kefka, there is no need to flame Shima. I don't want further flames here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-05 08:18 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Feb 5, 2004, 10:57 AM
And I agree this isn't a console war. I can safely say that my brother's Gamecube is better than my Xbox in the simple respect that more thought seems to have been put into developing it and ensuring there are no problems. (It is indeed a powerful console, but...) And no, my Xbox isn't first gen...I have a feeling Microsoft have programmed a timer into the Xbox to stop it working efficiently several months after the warranty runs out...either that, or it has developed serious emotional problems with me.

LollipopLolita
Feb 5, 2004, 11:05 AM
I know this isn't one but I posted the rules before it became one as it rapidly does once certain members find the thread.

And let's not call each other kids shall we? I know that wasn't a big intentional one, but sometimes it pays to be cautious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-05 08:06 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 5, 2004, 11:05 AM
And when did I flame her ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
If I did that was unintentional, I even thought I was doing the contrary http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I still have a good point.

-Luke-
Feb 5, 2004, 11:46 AM
Shima, I live in Holland, so I would be willing to play with you if you want. The only time I could would be this weekend, but yeah, PM me if you want a game. You just need to keep at it, and sift through the morons. Yes, it can be dire, I mean,I had a lvl 120 HUmar cussing me out because I was a HUcast, so I couldn't cast techs...
Luke

Shimarisu
Feb 5, 2004, 12:31 PM
http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=pc.engine

To think I used to dread that. I had nightmares about my ebay account slipping. I remember in the nightmares my feedback would drop and drop and drop til it became zero.

Now I just don't care. I care more about +1 warning on a forum. Why? Maybe because I give a shit about the members here. I don't give a shit about my job anymore. I lost £300 having to shut people up over that postal strike. Since when would any other business treat me with that courtesy? Never. And I pester and pester them when they mess me about. That guy gave me one lousy email, and slipped through the cracks because I fired off a standard response which he never followed up on. Anyway he just lost £30, because you don't break somebody's perfect record despite not paying for insurance then expect them to cough up to shut you up. Because shutting you up obviously never came into it.

Anyway I make this example because I can't believe how little I care. I'm getting warnings all over the shop because I ain't 100% right now. I know I said I expected to be banned over saying everybody on X-Box was a (bastard) but only because I thought people might think it smacked of console advocacy. I used the word I used as a throwaway line, probably because I was really out of it. Trying to find a niche I can pour my life into again, because PSO cured me last year of depression from the worst rejection of my life. Yep, here I am back on PSO X-box and I get crap from all sides, so it was anger. But the word I used was throwaway and I totally forgot I had been told off for it before.

Ironically in the UK the word I used is a general insult for a stupid *man*. It's never used for women, and I know the word's origins, but you can't always remember what everybody is going to think for every country in the world when you are absolutely sky-high on drugs (prescribed) and out of your mind on misery.

That's why I keep saying I expect to be banned. Not because I aim to provoke anybody, and I hope people realise that.

KodiaX987
Feb 5, 2004, 02:03 PM
I clicked on your eBay thing... I now consider anyone putting down an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ rank an official dumbass!

Jkid
Feb 5, 2004, 04:46 PM
I know how you feel, it seems like most of the idiots that come to Xbox Live only play this game to annoy regular users. You can always try to seen Bad feedback against them, only problem is that 90% of the Xbox PSO population are:
-Annoying kids
-Cheaters
-Users that blare loud music
and
-Users that use sexually-explict symbol chats.

The rest of us are just legit players like me.

It's a shame that most of the idiots on Xbox Live only play PSOX. In compairson, I see few of the "idiots" in other Xbox Live games I played in.

undevil
Feb 5, 2004, 05:56 PM
On 2004-02-05 13:46, Jkid wrote:
I know how you feel, it seems like most of the idiots that come to Xbox Live only play this game to annoy regular users. You can always try to seen Bad feedback against them, only problem is that 90% of the Xbox PSO population are:
-Annoying kids
-Cheaters
-Users that blare loud music
and
-Users that use sexually-explict symbol chats.

The rest of us are just legit players like me.

It's a shame that most of the idiots on Xbox Live only play PSOX. In compairson, I see few of the "idiots" in other Xbox Live games I played in.

Your percentage was wayyyy off.

anwserman
Feb 5, 2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah, just a little bit. Or you were visiting Apatite, the scum of the PSO universe.

Solstis
Feb 5, 2004, 06:51 PM
On 2004-02-05 15:48, anwserman wrote:
Yeah, just a little bit. Or you were visiting Apatite, the scum of the PSO universe.

Hm... off again. I regularly visit Apatite b/c:
1) More people... not everyone is a jerk (1/4 are tho)
2) More open games... Celestite is full of locked games
3) People tend to be more relaxed about the game itself... usually (most of my PSO buddies play on Apatite, for some reason)

I used to be an Epdote person myself, until it went downhill. Though if I feel like being alone, I'll play on some empty Celestite server.

Jkid
Feb 5, 2004, 09:07 PM
2) More open games... Celestite is full of locked games

That's one reason why I usually go to Apitite. One thing though: Don't you have PSOX users on your Friends List?

anwserman
Feb 5, 2004, 11:08 PM
Some of the passwords are easily guessed, just try random combinations to see if they work.

Myopathy
Feb 5, 2004, 11:29 PM
On 2004-02-05 20:08, anwserman wrote:
Some of the passwords are easily guessed, just try random combinations to see if they work.

Hmm, but it should be reasonable to assume the reason people make locked rooms is that they don't want people who aren't suppose to be joining to join. So even if you can guess the password...

anwserman
Feb 5, 2004, 11:42 PM
I've done it, join the game, and they ask how the hell I knew the password.

I ask if they're legit, and if they say yes I tell them I was looking for a legit game to play in. So, they let me play. I've got guild cards that way too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

undevil
Feb 6, 2004, 07:21 AM
I came into a legit game, told them I used Al Rappies, and got kids yelling at me over the mic.

Went into rooms, killed all the monsters. I even tricked them into going back to town and I beat the dragon, and that worm thing on my own. They new better once we got to vol opt. One of them had left.

Yeah, I am an ass.

-Luke-
Feb 6, 2004, 11:56 AM
Why fuck with their game man. Let them play how they want. They should do the same.
Luke

KodiaX987
Feb 6, 2004, 12:15 PM
On 2004-02-06 04:21, undevil wrote:
I came into a legit game, told them I used Al Rappies, and got kids yelling at me over the mic.

Went into rooms, killed all the monsters. I even tricked them into going back to town and I beat the dragon, and that worm thing on my own. They new better once we got to vol opt. One of them had left.

Yeah, I am an ass.

Don't make Diospadre come down there!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

undevil
Feb 6, 2004, 03:25 PM
LoL normally I am a pretty intelligiant guy, until you give me a headache. Lately there has been this flu running around my school. Well, I am always nice to noobs and everyone, but when I am sick I just feel like being a dickhead. Whatever, differant people find differant ways to let out their fustrations.

opaopajr
Feb 8, 2004, 07:43 AM
mercury must be in retrograde, i've lately been an ass stealing people's parking spaces just because i'm just in a very bad mood. that's not an excuse for such behavior, and i know better, and i almost never spaz or have road rage, but lately i just don't care.

mercury must be in retrograde... must look up my horoscope quick! you should too! and carry the color black in a sachel with the left hind foot of a rabbit to absorb bad energies!! quick, go now!

haruna
Feb 8, 2004, 02:18 PM
Gee, prehaps I should ditch Xbox for the wonderful saintful world of Game Cube, land of nasty hacks, corruption and most likely, a similar percentage population of lamers.

When I first started playing Xbox PSO, most of the people I came across were irritating pricks whom I wanted to drag out into the street and shoot.

Filtering out the good is somewhat of a chore,yes. Prehaps you could try hooking up with some of the PSO Worlders on your server. Seeing how Xbox regions aren't linked, have a PSOW block for each region, if possible.