PDA

View Full Version : Stupid life screws me over....

anwserman
Feb 6, 2004, 07:57 PM
The irony of life.

Many people might not know what "Badger Boys State" is, but it is a variation of "Boys State" which is held by the statewide VFW that sends down guys who are juniors from each high school in the state to learn about how the government works, etc. I am in Wisconsin, so it was called "Badger Boys State". I was one of the two guys who represented our town. It indeed did sound boring at first, but once we got down there - it was a week long stay - did I realize how much fun it really was. Hell, it was mostly do this, that, and during your free time you talked about girls and sex... heh.

But regardless, there was one quote that I will always remember from my stay down there.... for whatever reason, it was "There has to be a physical attraction in order to meet somebody." Or something like that, meaning that in order to meet a girl, or a guy in my case, there has to be a physical attraction in order to want to stike a conversation up with that person.

Now, fast-forward a year and a half to college.

It was my class, "Introduction to Business", where I first saw Mitch. (Yes, this is what its about to all of you people out there.) I thought, "Hey, he's really cute!", but I kept those thoughts to myself - and somehow, I got the courage to talk to him. Of course I was scared, not knowing him at all - him likewise to me - and that what the hell, if he isn't gay (which he isn't) I have a friend.... and if worse comes to worse, it wouldn't hurt to have an acquaitence if we don't have common interests or anything. We did stuff once in a while during the rest of the semester, not too often or anything, but after semester/holiday break, its changed.

Yes, during that same break I wanted him to come back, since life was so much more interesting.... it was a break from "same old, same old" that I am so used to. You can only watch movies and play video games so many times you know. So, break finished up and Mitch came back to school, and now we do stuff constantly.

About three or four days of the week (M-F, he's gone weekends). For instance, this Monday we played volleyball. Tuesday, we went snowboarding. Wednesday, we watched LOTR:The Two Towers. Yesterday, after going to the college's gym (I ran and he played basketball), we went out to McDonalds and talked for a good hour and a half. And I know there isn't any romantic interest on his side - because he asks for help with what to do for Valentine's Day with his girlfriend and stuff - but the thing is, no matter how much I try, I cannot stop myself from falling for him. Its a highschool lovestory with a frickin twist.

And I hate it, I cannot stand it. This was one thing that never crossed my mind when I first met him over a semester ago. Not this, I didn't think of the possibility of me liking him and us being good friends. Never. Never never never! And this is why I'm ranting about this, because it tears me up inside so frickin much that it isn't funny. It isn't, and I laugh about the conditions I put myself in. See, this whole problem was created by me how long ago. Granted, I could have avoided the whole thing completely by not saying, "Hi. I noticed you need a textbook, you can borrow mine if you need one.", and I wouldn't have a friend right now. I don't know, life is confusing, love is confusing. This whole world is.

I just needed to rant, and I'm in a good mood right now. Unfortunately, whenever I'm overly pissed off and think about this stupid subject, I always think about slitting my wrists. Scary, yes. I've cried because of it because my mind does tricks to me, such as that. I don't know, emotions are always tough to deal with - along with life. It just sucks, it [life] can be so mean to you, yet treat you to tasty little nibbles that you enjoy so immensely before it stabs you in the back.

Why me? Why must *I* be the person who gets this crap thrown at? Why can't I be normal, straight, like mostly else in my life? Why do people hate me for something I cannot control? Why is life like the way it is, in this society? The world is a screwed up place... and like my friend says, "You'll met somebody eventually, Jeff. Just not around here, this place is so closed-minded."

And thats over a year and a half away. I don't know, I hate life, I love life, I don't know.... I just don't know anymore. I want to get a relationship in my life with someone I do indeed like, love and trust. Mitch, if he was gay, would be that person right now. But he isn't gay, and it hurts inside that one person I wouldn't mind spending my life with - during this time period anyway - is the one person I can't have.

And I guess it means me not having somebody to spend Valentine's Day with. Unless I bring back the old tradition, sending hate mail to people. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Whats compounding this whole thing more is that I start work next week... and by golly, I'm one of the two managers that can work during the nights.... so yes, I have college and I can forsee most of my weeknights taken up by serving cones and waiting on customers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Sord
Feb 6, 2004, 08:13 PM
*slaps you a few times* no slitting wrists. And the people who hate you for being gay, I'm sure plenty other people hate them because of that.

If you haven't talk to him about it. I also have heard with some people, if they don't contact loved ones for a long time, they lose intrest. Another thing is, are you more emotionally or physically atracted to him. I mean, even if he did want a sexual relationship with you, sex only helps for on average, about 5 years. If you aren't emotionally attached, the relationship is screwed anyways. Course, you seem to be emotionally attached to Mitch, which makes things all the harder.

Well, it may not be much consolation, but just remember that you aren't the only ones with a bad life. I mean, look at Shim, or Spike and his crazy girlfriends. Ya got me as well. Life sucks for a lot of people, often some more than others. Suck it up and deal with it. You think if I told a girl I wanna watch her pee, she would want to see me at all? We all have our problems, some genetic, some because of how we were raised. Just remember, life can always be worse, don't kill/hurt yourself over it.

ABDUR101
Feb 6, 2004, 08:25 PM
You've found a great friend in Mitch. He accepts you for who you are and how you feel about things, he spends time with you and does things with you, where as before you had one less person and someone who mostly wanted to play videogames and so on, yeah?

With Mitch you've done quite abit more from what I've read, and had a great time while doing it. Enjoy Mitch's company as a friend, but just remember he is a friend, unless he shares feelings for you.

You can cry yourself to sleep over the thought of it, and then dream of it, only to wake up to the reality, but thats just it, you're just torturing yourself like I used to. I used to say a good dream is better than a bad reality, but in the end, I was the one making the reality bad.

Mitch might seem like the perfect guy for you, and I wish it could be, but don't lose your self worth. You should be able to enjoy your time, whether you're with someone or not, don't cheapen yourself.

What I think is happening, is you're alone and want to be with someone, like you said in your other post. You want someone to be passionate with, and there just really isn't anyone around. Mitch and you are close, and thats whats eating at you, so close, yet so far.

Let me say, from living in a community where everyone seems backwards and totally against homosexuals, to the extent that you wonder that even if there were any, you're all keeping quiet so you don't draw un-wanted attention from people who might do something against you. I know how you feel, and I'm sorry that it leads to such heartache and frustration.

But don't regret what you've done in the past with Mitch, getting him as a friend and so on. A good friend who understands you and sympathizes with you, and appreciates you, is just so rare.

There's really nothing of advice to alleviating the problem, other than just don't burn yourself out over it. Enjoy the days, enjoy the nights, and all the time you have, even if it's with yourself, because you never know when you'll meet someone and it'll all seem worth it. And also, don't beat yourself up over the wait.

Solstis
Feb 6, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-02-06 17:25, ABDUR101 wrote:
You've found a great friend in Mitch. He accepts you for who you are and how you feel about things, he spends time with you and does things with you, where as before you had one less person and someone who mostly wanted to play videogames and so on, yeah?

With Mitch you've done quite abit more from what I've read, and had a great time while doing it. Enjoy Mitch's company as a friend, but just remember he is a friend, unless he shares feelings for you.

You can cry yourself to sleep over the thought of it, and then dream of it, only to wake up to the reality, but thats just it, you're just torturing yourself like I used to. I used to say a good dream is better than a bad reality, but in the end, I was the one making the reality bad.

Mitch might seem like the perfect guy for you, and I wish it could be, but don't lose your self worth. You should be able to enjoy your time, whether you're with someone or not, don't cheapen yourself.

What I think is happening, is you're alone and want to be with someone, like you said in your other post. You want someone to be passionate with, and there just really isn't anyone around. Mitch and you are close, and thats whats eating at you, so close, yet so far.

Let me say, from living in a community where everyone seems backwards and totally against homosexuals, to the extent that you wonder that even if there were any, you're all keeping quiet so you don't draw un-wanted attention from people who might do something against you. I know how you feel, and I'm sorry that it leads to such heartache and frustration.

But don't regret what you've done in the past with Mitch, getting him as a friend and so on. A good friend who understands you and sympathizes with you, and appreciates you, is just so rare.

There's really nothing of advice to alleviating the problem, other than just don't burn yourself out over it. Enjoy the days, enjoy the nights, and all the time you have, even if it's with yourself, because you never know when you'll meet someone and it'll all seem worth it. And also, don't beat yourself up over the wait.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif... well, I don't think that anyone can top Abdur's reply. I think that everyone can use Abdur's words of wisdom in that post.

Anwserman, I'm not going to say that you need to get over Mitch, because, well, you shouldn't. From what I've read, Mitch has brought into your life things that you've never experienced. You can't just break off something like that.
As they say... waiting is the hardest part...

... and don't slit your wrists... please?!? I can't say that I know what's going through your mind, but I can guess. I'm sure someone will come around, and
WHAM! you'll look back at this and laugh.

(maybe not laugh)

navci
Feb 6, 2004, 09:15 PM
No wrist slitting. That is teh evil.

Actually, ya know, it can happen to straight guys/girls too. YOu like a person but that person treat you as a friend and want your advice on their loved ones. It happens to all of us. I had guy friends most of my life, but they treat me like a guy friends.. Sometimes it's okay when I also only like them as friends, sometimes it's not and it does come back to bug me in sleepless nights. What I can only say is, relationships are overrated, and friends are (usually) forever. I'd rather have friends than relationships, anyday.

Don't dwell on it. Keep busy, after a while the feeling might not be tormenting you as badly and you'll find yourself able to get over it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sorry I am also a bit depressed right now so I might not be very helpful. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Best of luck.

Schpitz
Feb 6, 2004, 10:54 PM
You know, I really don't know any of you, but from what I can tell, Answerman is a great guy. I can almost put myself in Mitch's life, and have the opportunity to express my feelings to someone who cares dearly for me - both physically and psychologically.

Think of Mitch before you slit you wrists, because even if he doesn't have sexual feelings for you, he's still your dear friend and would mourn so much over your wasted death. If you could think of how Mitch's position is, you might come closer to understanding the problems you face while you're not spending time together.

kingmurp
Feb 7, 2004, 10:55 AM
I understand the liking of a friend who will always be nothing more than a friend. A good friend is something you will always cherish. I know that sometimes waitng for love is so hard, but the rewards are well worth it even if it doesn't work out in the end. I didn't have my first love until I was 19. You just need to remember that if you need to vent you got your friends here. Liking someone who is only a friend is really tough, but just remember that if you mess it up anyway, then you'll lose the chance to see them smile, laugh, and cry. Nothing hurts more than losing a friend one way or the other. Please don't do anything that would upset the balance of things. If you ever need anyone to call pm me and I'll give you my number.

flash_fire
Feb 7, 2004, 01:46 PM
Well I can understand people hating gays. It's a simple thing of disliking what goes against nature, I mean; Its pretty obvious guys were ment to have sex with women and not other men, and Women to have sex with guys and not other women. Some people just cannot tolerate what is technically not supposed to exist based on Nature. My personal opinion? I don't dislike gays, Quite frankly I couldn't care less, and they can go on doing whatever they want. I just dont like the fact that they can adopt children, because that could affect that childs sexual orientation away from what it is supposed to be. Ok, I'm now ready to be flamed.

anwserman
Feb 7, 2004, 01:58 PM
On 2004-02-07 10:46, flash_fire wrote:
Well I can understand people hating gays. It's a simple thing of disliking what goes against nature, I mean; Its pretty obvious guys were ment to have sex with women and not other men, and Women to have sex with guys and not other women.
Some people just cannot tolerate what is technically not supposed to exist based on Nature.

Monkeys and other animals have no issues about screwing another animal of the same sex... so it occurs in nature naturally, so... well its not against nature if it occurs within other species, too. You know, the ones who don't have religion, personal beliefs and crap? The ones that do what their body feels like, and only what their body feels like doing?

I just dont like the fact that they can adopt children, because that could affect that childs sexual orientation away from what it is supposed to be.

Two straight parents can have a gay child, so.... whats the point? Two gay parents could adopt a child and have the child become straight. The point is moot, it can go either way.

And anyway, it [my post] was mostly in regards to my issues I'm having with a friend I do sincerely like, not exactly about sexuality in general - though I did bring that up in my rant. And to people about slitting my wrists: I did mention that my mind does tricks to me, like when I'm depressed images of slashing my wrists go through my mind... to like scare me or something. I personally could never do that, its too messy anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

navci
Feb 7, 2004, 03:11 PM
Some people just cannot tolerate what is technically not supposed to exist based on Nature.

Get your facts straight.
Same-sex sexual behaviour occurs in nature. Bonobos is a perfect example, go look them up.

I just dont like the fact that they can adopt children, because that could affect that childs sexual orientation away from what it is supposed to be. Ok, I'm now ready to be flamed.

"what it is supposed to be"?
Says who? "Supposed"? Based on a standard set by who?
Don't state your opinion like facts.

>:(

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 7, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-02-07 10:46, flash_fire wrote:
I just dont like the fact that they can adopt children, because that could affect that childs sexual orientation away from what it is supposed to be.

The problem doesn't lie in the resulting sexual orientation of the child, but that the child will get two behavioral examples of one sex, and no behavioral examples of the other. Sons will generally take cues from their parents on how to treat women (by example, rarely by word), and how men should be have, while daughters will take cues from their parents on how to treat men, and how women should behave. Again, examples serve a FAR greater role in this, than words are capable of.

This means that homosexual parents have to be especially good parents, if they are to raise a child that knows how to naturally behave around people of both sexes. The best way to counteract this effect, is to have a single regular visitor to the home of the opposite sex of the parents, but even that proves to be a poor example for some behaviors (such as how men should interact with women romantically-- which could be a problem, should the child choose to be heterosexual, as would likely happen if the child is a daughter, and the parents are open-minded).

It should also be noted that children have a special bond with their parents, that they're very unlikely to develop with anyone else. I'm not sure why it is, but even if the parent constantly screams at the child, is physically abusive, or otherwise just generally mean, the child will (normally) still have a deeply-rooted desire to gain that parent's respect and approval. It's sort of an inevitable love for one's parents. What does this mean? It means that visiting parties will not contain the potency of influence that the actual parents have (though I still need to make more observations to confirm if this pertains to simply the parents that raised the child all its life, or to biological parents-- though I do find it interesting that adopted children, or children that never met one parent, are often fascinated by trying to find their biological or missing parents).

In short, while it is entirely possible (though certainly not a goal that is out of reach) for two responsible homosexuals to raise a child that becomes functional to the world, it is generally best for a child to have a responsible mother, and a responsible father (mind you, I have chosen my words carefully here).

So, yeah. It's good that you recognized that someone would flame you, Flash_fire, but when you make a statement, be sure that you know WHY something thing is, before you make an assumption. This can prevent flaming better than a chain saw and a fire extinguisher.

Schpitz
Feb 7, 2004, 07:25 PM
So, I guess it's not who you know, but what you know about who? Forgive me, but I have to agree with flash_fire, nature's way is to sexually create a child by sexual-intercourse, which cannot be done by practicing homosexual behaviors. I respect answerman for his intelligence and I respect navi for her... well, her artistic ability, but I seriously have to disagree with the idea of gay activities being natural in apes, as well as humans.

LollipopLolita
Feb 7, 2004, 07:43 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/2266135.stm

http://www.phatnav.com/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=Homosexuality

http://tperkins.com/ok2-bme/myths.html

Ness
Feb 7, 2004, 07:49 PM
Actually, Navi is right; there is homosexaulity in animals and it is natural. There is homosexaulity in whales and dogs too.

Just because a child is adopted by homosexual parents doesn't mean that it will become a homosexual because homosexaulity is natural, not aquired.

Saladwood
Feb 7, 2004, 07:55 PM
Actually, homosexual tendencies in dogs have more to do with dominance and social order. Funny isn't it, in nature, they do it to establish dominance and hierachy. And when humans do it, they get pushed down in social hierachy. And most people who are homophobic are that way because they feel like it's an insult to their manhood. Why should you feel insulted? Ironically, the animals do it to establish their manhood...

And it goes back a long way, to greco-roman periods.

Now can we get on topic.

Solstis
Feb 7, 2004, 08:25 PM
On 2004-02-07 16:25, Sigma7789 wrote:
So, I guess it's not who you know, but what you know about who? Forgive me, but I have to agree with flash_fire, nature's way is to sexually create a child by sexual-intercourse, which cannot be done by practicing homosexual behaviors. I respect answerman for his intelligence and I respect navi for her... well, her artistic ability, but I seriously have to disagree with the idea of gay activities being natural in apes, as well as humans.

Ever hear about population control? That's my theory. If it wasn't for diseases, natural calamities, etc, the human population would be a little bit too large. Works the same way with animals, though they get eaten more often.

Everything that happens is "Natural". I don't know where you're getting your definitions of "natural" from.

Schpitz
Feb 7, 2004, 09:00 PM
I automatically assume natural is what our internal instincts are. Humans are bron to breed, eat, sleep, and die. The evlovion of man did not consist of finding a job, becoming wealthy, owning a nice house, etc. Natural is just as it's defined: natural.

Solstis
Feb 7, 2004, 09:05 PM
On 2004-02-07 18:00, Sigma7789 wrote:
I automatically assume natural is what our internal instincts are. Humans are bron to breed, eat, sleep, and die. The evlovion of man did not consist of finding a job, becoming wealthy, owning a nice house, etc. Natural is just as it's defined: natural.

hm... finding a job = hunting, more or less, which equals food.

Becoming wealthy = sense of comfort/security. Every creature wants to obtain the maximum amount of comfort possible.

Nice House = shelter. Look above.

I do get your point, and it is a good one. But, "natural" instincts are involved in everything, just like the government.

Temjin-On
Feb 7, 2004, 09:09 PM
Excuse me here but, My 2 cents. Love is love in what ever form it takes and suicide is no answer to any problem. And lets not bring some "being gay isnt natural" bullshit into this. What is and isnt natural is meaningless. People live their lives they way the want to and we shouldnt think anyting of it.

ABDUR101
Feb 7, 2004, 09:24 PM
Everyone, ok, this isn't a discussion on thoughts about homosexuality and orientation, it's Anwserman talking about how he feels on issues going on currently in his life. Please get back on topic.

Schpitz
Feb 7, 2004, 09:32 PM
On 2004-02-07 18:05, Solstis wrote:

On 2004-02-07 18:00, Sigma7789 wrote:

hm... finding a job = hunting, more or less, which equals food.

Becoming wealthy = sense of comfort/security. Every creature wants to obtain the maximum amount of comfort possible.

Nice House = shelter. Look above.

I do get your point, and it is a good one. But, "natural" instincts are involved in everything, just like the government.

Ok,Ok... you got me there, but I still hold strong to my opinion. Besides, Temjin-On is right, we should live our lives to the fullest and not question ourselves about it. Answerman, I'm sorry for all this.

Solstis
Feb 7, 2004, 09:36 PM
*Digs his foot into the dirt* I'm sorry that I got carried away too.

I hope you feel better about it now Anwserman, and good luck in your search for love in life.

anwserman
Feb 8, 2004, 01:52 AM
Well, after reading this post, and getting a phone call from my parents around 9:00 PM CST, which kinda said, "Oh, we're in Green Bay still!" (where Mitch is this weekend), I broke down and I had to go see somebody. So, I packed my bags and I started to drive down to my sister, who lives four hours away. This is at 9PM, I left at 9:10 PM.

And perhaps that was the best thing I've done in my life. Not because at 12:30 AM, I'm at home, but it gave me time to think on the road. It gave me time to think about everything without being at home, I was somewhere different... somewhere without the relics that I have associations with. Offtopic, it was a 1.5 hour drive to get a bottle of Pepsi and Cracker Jacks. Anyway...

By the time I got to Hayward (10:30 PM), I was getting thirsty and stopped at the 24-hour Super Walmart, and I aimlessly browsed - I played Sonic Heroes, thought it was boring (yet again), and just aimlessly wandered. I got my snacks, headed into my vehicle, and I just decided to head home instead of driving for another three hours to see my sister.

Then it hit me.
My biggest thought.

I WAS BEING SELFISH... AND I WAS GROVELING!

Why can't I be with Mitch this weekend?
Why did I even talk with him?
Why can't I be straight?
Why can't he be gay?
Why can't I just... kiss him?

And I thought about all of those tears I cried over the weekend... pathetic tears. Hapless tears, worthless tears. Because thats what they were... tears with no use or meaning. Wait, they did have a meaning, the meaning about how selfish I was. Why the hell did I wish that I would have never said hi to him? Why? So I wouldn't have these feelings anymore, and miss out on all that we've done? PATHETIC!

I looked at everything in the wrong light. I started thinking about all of the reasons why I liked him... his nice smile, his puppy eyes, his fucking awesome cologne (smells really good!), his personality, I could go on. And then I started thinking about all I wanted, and I realized this whole weekend, everything I wanted shadowed everything I had. I desprately wanted more of him, Mitch.... hell, I kinda do still. But regardless of that fact, I was wishing for everything that I don't have without appreciating everything I DO HAVE ALREADY. So, I'm a fool. I'm a fool for wanting more without appreciating what I already have. And I feel much more then a loser for thinking that, I feel horrible. I feel horrible for saying that I wished I wouldn't have talked to him, absolutely horrible right now.

But I do know what I am going to do. I'm going to tell him everything I realized right now on Monday, after volleyball. We typically talk for about an hour afterwards, when everybody is gone. I'll tell him everything, that I feel guilty for wanting more. The reasons why I enjoy his company. Everything. I have it planned in my mind, and it won't be in this format that I have here (ya know, speech does not equal type) but... it will work out.

Things do.
Things have a way of working out.

Thanks for reading this.

Sord
Feb 8, 2004, 01:59 AM
You are one lucky numbskull (in a good way). Everything seems to work out for you. Now we need a song that goes with cartoons when someone has a revelation...

ABDUR101
Feb 8, 2004, 02:16 AM
You're not a loser or a fool, because either of those would'nt have come to terms and made the realisation that you did.

Besides, we all stumble with our feelings, and we all want and crave more of what gives us happiness, but it's good that you realised that what you have does give you happiness, more than you had before.

navci
Feb 8, 2004, 02:51 AM
*pat pat*
I trust you in your ability to be able to deal with it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif You are one smart dude, you'll find your answer. You are answerman, afterall!

opaopajr
Feb 8, 2004, 09:01 AM
oh for the love of god! you can drive 4 hours to your sister to seek emotional comfort (which is a good thing to do by the way when stressed to the breaking point), but how freaking long does it take to drive to the nearest metro area?

dude, wisconsin. how big is madison? how far is chicago? is minneapolis equally far away? are you like a plane ride from the nearest gay club? seriously...

sure, if you lived where i lived, Gay Mecca [tm] things would be so faboo. but don't tell me there's no gay people congregating anywhere within a 12 hour drive radius from you. i just can't believe that, unless you lived in nanuk, alaska or timbuktu, mali.

think of things this way: count out ten people, one of them is probably gay. roughly 10% of the populace is considered gay, and that's a conservative estimate. and then there's the bisexuals. and then there's the "experimenting" straight people [and don't you tell me straight people don't "experiment"]. not as alone as you thought eh? hell, if you add up some of the more "deviant and unnatural" sexual behavior such as BDSM, roleplay, etc. you'll quickly realize that you are in good company that's probably the majority. the unspoken majority.

so get in your car, pump it full of gas, drag your more adventurous friends, blast your stereo with some Erasure and Depeche Mode, and go rocking out at gay socials.

and don't give me that crap about "can't do it, it ain't me." if you found that mitch could get you to do stuff you never thought you'd do, think of what potential you have. heck, you thought you could slit your wrists you were so sad, so you drove 4 hours to go to talk to your sis. think you can do that if it means the chance of finding your "gay mitch"?

please, i too have been in the dumps and also fell for a friend (several times) and wanted to end it all, but i realized that i'm made of stronger stuff than that. i know that there is nothing better to get over a crush/love than filling your life with social activities. hearts are made of rubber, they'll bounce... go out and live - it ain't gonna knock on your door to ask you out.

The_Pea_Guy
Feb 8, 2004, 02:24 PM
Ok, so you're gay. So what? You are what you are and that's what matters, so don't feel ashamed of yourself.

Think of all the good things that just happened in your life before you even think of something silly like attempting to slash your wrists. You've met a guy who is happy to be friends with you regardless of your homosexuality, and he also helped you boost your confidence by getting you involved in social activities such as volleyball and snowboarding. That is what I call a really good friend. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Please don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way, but I think you shouldn't tell your friend about the feelings you have for him, because he is already commited to someone else - a girl. Telling him might ruin the great friendship you have with him, but that is just my opinion; it doesn't necessarily mean that it's the right one.

What I am trying to say is that you should appreciate what you have got in life, not because of what you can't get out of it.

You just do what you think is right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2004-02-08 11:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Pea_Guy on 2004-02-08 11:28 ]</font>

hollowtip
Feb 9, 2004, 04:40 AM
And I know there isn't any romantic interest on his side - because he asks for help with what to do for Valentine's Day with his girlfriend and stuff - but the thing is, no matter how much I try, I cannot stop myself from falling for him. Its a highschool lovestory with a frickin twist.

Dude I could give less of a fuck if you are gay man, really I could, but respect that he has a girlfriend.

no offense or anything, but maybe your first mistake was pursuing someone who is heterosexual and in a current relationship.

On top of the bad odds you are playing, it's also kind of morally wrong and dishonest to try and slip in the middle of a couple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-02-09 01:44 ]</font>

hollowtip
Feb 9, 2004, 05:01 AM
Actually, homosexual tendencies in dogs have more to do with dominance and social order. Funny isn't it, in nature, they do it to establish dominance and hierachy. And when humans do it, they get pushed down in social hierachy.

Social hierarchy dominance in human civilization is infinitly more complicated and includes many more factors than what canine behavior can express.

Canines rely on power, size, and agression to establish social order. Human's use knowledge, skill, and motivational drive to establish their social order in todays society. These three factors surpass primitive behavior in canine social hierarchy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-02-09 02:01 ]</font>

flash_fire
Feb 9, 2004, 06:45 AM
Slitting ones wrists is the most stupid way to commit suicide.... Its often said that many girls choose that form because they are too afraid to get it over with and blow their brains out or cut their own throat. Slittings of the wrists often fails and all you accomplish is a lot of blood lost and some nice new scars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. So err yeah, suicide is dumb and Uncle Sam could put you to better use in the Military... HELL join the Navy, they got tons of Homosexuals on the boats.

Solstis
Feb 9, 2004, 04:34 PM
On 2004-02-09 03:45, flash_fire wrote:
Slitting ones wrists is the most stupid way to commit suicide.... Its often said that many girls choose that form because they are too afraid to get it over with and blow their brains out or cut their own throat. Slittings of the wrists often fails and all you accomplish is a lot of blood lost and some nice new scars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. So err yeah, suicide is dumb and Uncle Sam could put you to better use in the Military... HELL join the Navy, they got tons of Homosexuals on the boats.

I'm not even going to argue with what you said. This discussion is over unless Anwserman posts anything else. Did you read his last post?

hollowtip
Feb 10, 2004, 12:51 AM
I read his last post.

flash_fire
Feb 10, 2004, 07:46 AM
On 2004-02-09 13:34, Solstis wrote:

This discussion is over unless Anwserman posts anything else. Did you read his last post?

Nope, I find his posts are usually too long so i just skip them, along with several other people's on this site.

hollowtip
Feb 10, 2004, 02:44 PM
On 2004-02-10 04:46, flash_fire wrote:

Nope, I find his posts are usually too long so i just skip them, along with several other people's on this site.

Hah, that was kind of funny.

anwserman
Feb 11, 2004, 10:23 PM
On 2004-02-10 04:46, flash_fire wrote:

On 2004-02-09 13:34, Solstis wrote:

This discussion is over unless Anwserman posts anything else. Did you read his last post?

Good to know. I'l read everything that you might post with a grain of salt.

~ANYWAY, BACK ON TOPIC~. Not before I mention 1000 posts (I need a life.)

OK, before I start another nice long message, I just wanted to let you know that after I made that post, I went to bed. Woke up at 8AM, about 7 hours later, wanting to throw up and extremely dizzy. Slept another 6 hours, waking up every 30-40 minutes (feeling dizzy too), and I finally felt better. You know, um, must have been those Cracker Jacks I had on the cartrip back from Hayward.

Regardless, I did bite the bullet and I did tell Mitch exactly how I felt about him, after volleyball. And that I had a really shitty weekend because of everything that was going through my mind. And guess what he does? He smiles, says its perfectly natural and tries putting me into a semi-headlock. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So, I sat there, laughing from the headlock-type thing, and I said "Thank you for giving me so many reasons to like you. Man that sounded queer." We laughed.

And then we continued talking, and I told him that Kill Bill: Volume 2 isn't coming out in Feb., like I orignally read, but is coming in April.

"Really, thats gay."
"Extremely queer."
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that, I need to start watching what I say."

Basically, it went from Kill Bill to how society lets us say those words. He felt bad for saying that (gay), apologizing like five times until I punched him in the shoulder, telling him thats its alright with me and that there was no need for an apology. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And want to know what the best thing about this is....

HE DOESN'T HATE ME!

He invited me to McDonalds after going to the gym (he plays basketball, I jog) for dinner. I brought my Alg in case he wanted to look at it (he forgot his.) We talked for almost an hour. Then today we went snowboarding again (I completely blew on the first run, and got much better for the second and third.) So yes, I think we might be going to a blood drive tomorrow, too. Since he has never gone to one, and that if all goes well I would have donated 5/8 of a gallon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Man, I wish I had friends like that in highschool. Oh yes, I got pictures from snowboarding today - using a regular camera - so it will be a good couple days until I can post them... assuming they turn out.

And as what Miles 'Tails' Powers said to Sonic, "Alls well that ends well, right Sonic?" Here's hoping for no more Jeff-made drama for the next couple weeks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh, Flash_Fire, before I forget, fuck off regarding your stereotypical comment about the Navy. I didn't appreciate the comment, and I'm sure other people didn't appreciate it either. Especially since I have a childhood friend thats in the Navy too. Have a good day.

navci
Feb 11, 2004, 10:37 PM
HE DOESN'T HATE ME!

Of course he doesn't. If he did, then you would not have liked him... and he prolly didn't deserve the attention you have given him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anwserman
Feb 11, 2004, 10:44 PM
On 2004-02-11 19:37, navi wrote:

HE DOESN'T HATE ME!

Of course he doesn't. If he did, then you would not have liked him... and he prolly didn't deserve the attention you have given him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That was probably one of the more intelligent things I've read on this forum recently....

BogusKun
Feb 12, 2004, 11:59 AM
On 2004-02-07 16:49, Ness wrote:
Actually, Navi is right; there is homosexaulity in animals and it is natural. There is homosexaulity in whales and dogs too.

Just because a child is adopted by homosexual parents doesn't mean that it will become a homosexual because homosexaulity is natural, not aquired.

Male monkeys have sex with their sons... but this is natural and only shows the "how-to" on mating.

This is what I've learned in 7th grade.