PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed...

undevil
Feb 7, 2004, 06:08 PM
Has anyone noticed the fact that many teachers in Middle and High School are liberals, and when kids bring up conservative ideas, they get upset about it?

I have noticed this for a long time, but it came to my attention last week more than ever. We were supposed to print out a political cartoon. I picked one about how when John Kerry wins anything, he shows no emotions. Whatever, it was a lame cartoon but held truth to it. I turned it into my English teacher and got an F because I was apparently trying to stir trouble...?

The rest of the kids all got A's who actually turned in the assignment. A majority of their cartoons had Bush bashing pictures on them.

Of course I was pissed about this. So I brought it to the attention of the Deans. They didn't do shit of course because they are all liberal tree huggers themselves. Well, my mom is what many people would consider a bitch, and when I brought this up to her, she brought out the bitchy side of her. Now she goes up to my school and starts arguing with my teacher, calling her a tree hugging liberal like I do. She also tells her to change my grade to an A like the rest of the kids, or she would bring this up with the board of education. She refused however. So she brought this issue up with the principle. Well, our principal is actually a pretty smart guy, and he knows when is a good time to avoid unneccesary trouble. So now my English teacher is on probation because they aren't allowed to show religious or political views with the kids in their classes.

Of course this showed a point. A majority of school teachers are liberals. Not only that, but they are bad at showing the fact that they are liberals. All my teachers are liberals, and I like most of them. I don't care what party people are. Just because you are a liberal makes you no more stupid or smarter than a conservative. But I just hate teachers who are really bad about showing they are liberals because for one, they are not supposed to show this and two, stupid stuff like above can affect my grade just because my teacher supports John Kerry and I was making fun of him.

Anyone else feel the same way? I know if you are liberal you most likely don't care, but some kids do care.

Ness
Feb 7, 2004, 06:12 PM
Actually, most of the high school teachers down here are conservative.

undevil
Feb 7, 2004, 06:15 PM
When you say 'down here', I think you mean that you live in the south. That would make sense. I used to live in the south, and most of my teachers were conservative. But I live in the north, and it is a lot more differant.

Ness
Feb 7, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-02-07 15:15, undevil wrote:
When you say 'down here', I think you mean that you live in the south. That would make sense. I used to live in the south, and most of my teachers were conservative. But I live in the north, and it is a lot more differant.

As for what you said origianlly, there are those that hold true to their views on both sides (liberal and conservative) and no group is meaner than the other, but I like liberals better.

undevil
Feb 7, 2004, 06:22 PM
I really don't mind liberals as long as when they are flaming George Bush, they don't use the war as a debate. I, like many other Americans, think the war was justified. Of course you can argue that it wasn't, but people who think that the war was justified will continue to think the war was justified unless they find out that Saddam had an evil twin who did the real killing while Saddam was just doing all the political work for him:roll:

Also, I hate all the tree hugging liberals. No need to explain why. You have all seen it all.

Ness
Feb 7, 2004, 06:25 PM
On 2004-02-07 15:22, undevil wrote:
I really don't mind liberals as long as when they are flaming George Bush, they don't use the war as a debate. I, like many other Americans, think the war was justified. Of course you can argue that it wasn't, but people who think that the war was justified will continue to think the war was justified unless they find out that Saddam had an evil twin who did the real killing while Saddam was just doing all the political work for him:roll:

Also, I hate all the tree hugging liberals. No need to explain why. You have all seen it all.

I have to admit that "tree huggers" can be annoying, but not all liberals are tree huggers. Also, I do not think the war is justified because we are not there for the reasons Bush stated.

LollipopLolita
Feb 7, 2004, 07:46 PM
unless you have surveyed every school, every high school teacher, every liberal and every tree hugger, you can't really assume anything just by your own experiences. at least a good teacher should illustrate both points of the argument.

maybe the other cartoons were funnier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-07 16:46 ]</font>

Sord
Feb 7, 2004, 09:33 PM
all I know, is my teachers don't want change, and I've been shoving it down their throats. I got the principle on my side.

Temjin-On
Feb 7, 2004, 09:41 PM
I know lots of teachers who are hardcore Republicans and such and support the war and the president. Its all a matter of opinion. Politics is retarded anyway. I makes grown mean act like children to resort to using he said she said bullshit to get into office.

undevil
Feb 7, 2004, 11:20 PM
To person above me, I love your sig.

My girlfriend has liberal views. Many people with differances in opinion about government break up over things like politics, but if I had to choose what I believe in politically over my girlfriend, the girl would come first. Don't let politics or any other stupid bullshit that has little effect with you get in the way of a good relationship. By the way some things that go on in the political world do effect you so ignore that part.

Temjin-On
Feb 7, 2004, 11:27 PM
Amen!

To Undevil, I like your sig as well! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif