PDA

View Full Version : what word or words do you hate the most?

Nightmarexlc
Feb 8, 2004, 06:46 AM
for me not too many that come up during regular daliy speech... "love" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif or "teenager" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

saying that cra.p in my pressance is like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif at me!!

-Luke-
Feb 8, 2004, 07:21 AM
"Teenagers aren't teenagers or young adults, they are children in a developmental stage and should be treated as such."

mmmmkay.

opaopajr
Feb 8, 2004, 07:30 AM
... and showered with love http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

for me, i don't like the words: regimen, nourish, carbs, carbos, roxors and any derivative thereof, and the use of "liberal" as an epithet

so next poster has to make a sentence with all those words http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ness
Feb 8, 2004, 09:15 AM
Any from of netspeak (both 1337 and shrthnd).

And people who type **** or f*ck instead of fuck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-02-08 06:15 ]</font>

derBauer
Feb 8, 2004, 10:42 AM
On 2004-02-08 04:30, opaopajr wrote:

for me, i don't like the use of "liberal" as an epithet

So what do you think when the words conservative or Republican are used the same way?

Kizaragu
Feb 8, 2004, 12:49 PM
"Sorry"
Only when it's not meant.
People say it far too much these days and for all the wrong reasons.

Dime
Feb 8, 2004, 12:55 PM
On 2004-02-08 03:46, Nightmarexlc wrote:
for me not too many that come up during regular daliy speech... "love" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif or "teenager" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

saying that cra.p in my pressance is like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif at me!!

Oh you angsty love-lorn teenager, you.

Note that this forum doesn't censor crap.

undevil
Feb 8, 2004, 02:28 PM
Any form of 1337, shrthnd like Nell stated, any form of ebonics IE thurr instead of there, joo instead of you. Ebonics itself is just pure shit.

I also hate the word knarly.

Edit-I also hate how Dutch people or 12-under kids use the terms LOL!!!!11 OMG!!!!!111 LMAO!!!!111 and OMG!!!!!!111 like all the time. Or they mispell like and make it liek. I also hate how people add !!!! and maybe a 1 after all their sentences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: undevil on 2004-02-08 11:32 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Feb 8, 2004, 02:35 PM
On 2004-02-08 11:28, undevil wrote:
Any form of 1337, shrthnd like Nell stated, any form of ebonics IE thurr instead of there, joo instead of you. Ebonics itself is just pure shit.

I also hate the word knarly.

Edit-I also hate how Dutch people or 12-under kids use the terms LOL!!!!11 OMG!!!!!111 LMAO!!!!111 and OMG!!!!!!111 like all the time. Or they mispell like and make it liek. I also hate how people add !!!! and maybe a 1 after all their sentences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: undevil on 2004-02-08 11:32 ]</font>

I hate all that

On a side note: Its Thurr! Whurr? Right Thurr? MILKSHAKE! DING! (think hard on it and when all else fails ask odie)

People using slurs like "Queer" and "Jew", you know what Im talking about.

undevil
Feb 8, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yes I hate the words brits, jews, japs, fags, ect. Also I hate guys who call girls bitches.

kingmurp
Feb 9, 2004, 01:30 AM
I hate swear words in particular, but I'm okay with people using them. I also hate the word fag, its very demeaning, I mean calling some one a cigarette is just rude.

Amiadon
Feb 9, 2004, 02:41 AM
I can't say I particularly dislike any words, but when people say "Oh, don't worry, it's only becuase he's a (Insert patronising word here)" I loathe it like poison.

Patronising words include:
Teenager (which I like to think I'm not)
Juvenile Delinquent
Child
Pest
etc.

What I also hate are words like faq, lesso, or any term that shows idiocy.

Armok
Feb 9, 2004, 05:57 AM
I hate the word Pomme

Stupid Aussie's

Wewt
Feb 9, 2004, 08:17 AM
I pretty much agree with the above. I see it as an insult to our language creators that people use such words, simply to sound 'cool'.

Then again, I was taught English from England, and it kind of annoys me when some Americans claim my English spelling is wrong, when I spell words such as "colour".

Note: I said SOME.

anwserman
Feb 9, 2004, 11:50 AM
Well, the words are spelt wrong according to how they're spelt in the US. Hell, if you wrote color as "colour" right next to me, I'd give you a hug and say you were awesome AND cool.

But thats just me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I hate any word that shows your stupidity. Any racial slur or any word that pertains to certain groups of people....

Anubis_
Feb 9, 2004, 12:56 PM
"Word"

This corny slice of Angry Polka Nerd banter is used to make your self look cool right?? I say wrong..

I'd rather people just say.. I concur.. or affermative, rather than, "Word"

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

EdenJurai
Feb 9, 2004, 01:09 PM
"Whatever" is the one word that I hate the most along with snide commentary and most swear words.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EdenJurai on 2004-02-09 10:15 ]</font>

Daikarin
Feb 9, 2004, 01:25 PM
On 2004-02-09 10:09, EdenJurai wrote:
"Whatever" is the one word that I hate the most along with snide commentary and most swear words.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EdenJurai on 2004-02-09 10:15 ]</font>

Ditto. I just hate it when I'm talking to a "friend" of mine, expressing something I like, and all I get is a big "Whatever".

That word basically is the short for "I don't give a damn of what the hell you're blabbering about, so be quiet while I look cool with my attitude and you look idiot while expressing yourself."

*Hears someone say whatever*

*Kicks his butt*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2004-02-09 10:26 ]</font>

undevil
Feb 9, 2004, 03:22 PM
I hate when white people say nigger, but I really hate when black people say nigger and when a white kid sais it they get all offended.

The word shouldn't be used period.

anwserman
Feb 9, 2004, 03:38 PM
On 2004-02-09 12:22, undevil wrote:
I hate when white people say nigger, but I really hate when black people say nigger and when a white kid sais it they get all offended.

The word shouldn't be used period.

Though I hate to even see the word - let alone hear it - you basically summed up how I feel.

navci
Feb 9, 2004, 03:45 PM
Ditto. I just hate it when I'm talking to a "friend" of mine, expressing something I like, and all I get is a big "Whatever".

That word basically is the short for "I don't give a damn of what the hell you're blabbering about, so be quiet while I look cool with my attitude and you look idiot while expressing yourself."

Whatever.

*runs*

Word!

I agree with both. Hehe

Firocket1690
Feb 9, 2004, 03:47 PM
On 2004-02-08 23:41, Amiadon wrote:

Wasn't faq a abbreviation for Frequently Asked Questions ?
Technically, an abbreviation, not a word. =)

Also I hate guys who call girls bitches.
I get it daily at school. It gets boring after a while...-_-

ILLI
Feb 9, 2004, 04:15 PM
the ugliest and worst word ever..

cunt

if im not mistaken you can use this word in pso lobbies?
Yuck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ILLI on 2004-02-09 13:25 ]</font>

muff
Feb 9, 2004, 04:27 PM
On 2004-02-09 13:15, ILLI wrote:
the ugliest and worst word ever..

cunt

if im not mistaken you can use this word in pso lobbies?
Yuck

Funny thing is here where I live, at my school I hear that alot, and I mean alot. It doesnt really bother me at all. How is an obscene word for female genitls more of an offensive word than an obscene word for male genitls?

I hate it when people call someone or something a retard. Having a "retarded" relative it annoys me.

Also in these forums you can call someone/thing retarded, no one batters an eyelid but when someone mentions the G word or the J word they get loads of jip.

BogusKun
Feb 9, 2004, 05:20 PM
Best word to say in front of family
Penis
Worst word to """""""""""""""""""""
Vagasil

Most members of my family are female.

kitomaka_ck
Feb 9, 2004, 08:32 PM
I have to say "fook" or "f**k" because my parents monitor my internet too closely.

I hate the usage of:
Retard
Gay/Fag/Homo (especially just banter etc.)
ALL CAPS, 1337, nvwls/shrthnd
chez (for Macaroni and Chez, hate the sound >.<)
Chink (sounds ugly, too)
any other racial terms, especially the whole blacks gettin offended by whites irony

Amiadon
Feb 10, 2004, 02:20 AM
On 2004-02-09 02:57, Armok wrote:
I hate the word Pomme

Stupid Aussie's

Hoi! >.< Just because some people say it, doesn't mean all Australians do. Come to Australia, then see... I haven't heard that word in a very long time. And perhaps we feel the same about being called aussies, no? PLease think before posting something like that... other people may be offended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2004-02-08 23:41, Amiadon wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't faq a abbreviation for Frequently Asked Questions ?
Technically, an abbreviation, not a word. =)

Quote:

Now now... I meant fag. Actually, I mean any word that offends a group of people. I understand it when one person is so stupid, annoying and... stupid, that you want to clobber them over the head with something. Insulting any group of people is stupid and pointless, IMO.

And some people, some people just deserve to be called a bitch, and much more (although not too much).

opaopajr
Feb 10, 2004, 07:50 AM
y'know what's really funny, i haven't heard people use the word conservative as an epithet. always thought that was weird. hell, and i live in the SF bay area. now i have heard republican as an epithet here, but it's been very rare, and never at a republicans face. whereas when hanging with a few neo-conservatives, or meeting them at work, etc. i have heard the world liberal, and especially flaming liberal and bleeding heart liberal, all over. it's just become an almost acceptable argument cap, such as "oh, your just a flaming liberal." hell, it's so pervasive in the media alone i'm hardly suprised. talk radio really turned for the worse once FCC regulations for balanced reporting went away.

maybe conservative and republican should be used more as an epithet. tit for tat. isn't right, but taking the high road hasn't done jack recently in encouraging thoughtful conversation between the groups. might as well get all the venting done until someone has a coronary. maybe in the face of someone dying we can finally see each other instead of our stupid preconceptions.

BogusKun
Feb 10, 2004, 11:09 AM
I hate saying anything offensive towards women...

Bitch hoe...

all annoying.

Outrider
Feb 10, 2004, 09:00 PM
I really dislike it when somebody says something is "Gay."

"Dude, that movie was gay."

Now, my friends and I make derogatory jokes among ourselves, but we don't mean them. I know, I know, that's wrong. But I'm just saying, knowing this, it should seem odd that I find a problem with the word gay. The thing is, it really bugs me that people say something is gay, and that's the "be all" and "end all" of all arguments. No, it's not. It's something juvenile most people are mature enough not to use by the time they get out of middle school. And I have several gay friends that would like to hear why it's an insult.

Oh, and "whatever." This absolutely drives me crazy. Completely. Not from everybody though. For the most part, it's only when I hear it from one of my friends that I have a history with. To me, when she says "whatever," it's just "Ok, I don't care what you're saying. You're dismissed."

But then again, she's the topic of many many potential rants as is. Ah, college is fun, isn't it?

Blitzkommando
Feb 10, 2004, 10:06 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said it yet but I shall.

I LOATHE the word "like." The American cultural language has been poisoned by annoying, and if I may add crappy, TV shows that use it in every single sentence. Example: "I, went over there and was, like, so yeah and like..." It is plain annoying! More than annoying it is pointless to get the statement across! And for more gramatically correcty sentence structure use other words or phrases. "Such as..." Is rarely used anymore. Why? It is perfectly correct and sound much more mature than "like" since it is so overused by people. And yeah I agree with what was said above, but why restate the obvious?

Black000Moon
Feb 10, 2004, 10:13 PM
On 2004-02-09 10:25, New Ultimate wrote:

On 2004-02-09 10:09, EdenJurai wrote:

*Hears someone say whatever*

*Kicks his butt*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2004-02-09 10:26 ]</font>
yea me too also when someone says ok for me it sounds just like whatever.

Wewt
Feb 14, 2004, 01:21 PM
On 2004-02-09 12:47, Firocket1690 wrote:

Want to know why I find this funny? Some women(or at least a lot that I know) will get angry when you call them "Woman", yet when they, or anybody else for that matter, call men "Man", there is nothing wrong with it.

Go figure.

Modern society is fantastic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2004-02-14 10:22 ]</font>

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 17, 2004, 09:34 AM
What word do you really hate?

The word hate is such a strong word, so use something better, like loathe or dispise. So, I loathe and/or despise the word 'hate' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KodiaX987
Feb 17, 2004, 10:47 AM
I hate the word "strong". If it could be removed from the English language, it would stop over-protective parents from saying "Oh, hate is such a strong word." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ness
Feb 17, 2004, 10:51 AM
I hate the N word.

Wewt
Feb 17, 2004, 12:20 PM
On 2004-02-17 07:51, Ness wrote:
I hate the N word.

I love it.

BogusKun
Feb 17, 2004, 12:22 PM
Which one? There are tons of N words to hate.

Neglegence.

Naughty is a good word.

Oh, that word. I don't like saying THAT word. I don't even see how blacks call other blacks that in public either. Wierd. Whites used it to verbally describe and abuse blacks... Now the blacks use it.

One fucked up planet if you ask me.

KodiaX987
Feb 17, 2004, 12:25 PM
"The heresy of one generation becomes the orthodoxy of the next"

Fo sheezy ma neezy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BogusKun
Feb 17, 2004, 12:32 PM
On 2004-02-17 09:25, KodiaX987 wrote:
"The heresy of one generation becomes the orthodoxy of the next"

Fo sheezy ma neezy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

basically meaning what I said?

Nice quote there, who's it from? Mah Nizzole?

Robo47
Feb 17, 2004, 12:33 PM
"Sup' Homeskillet?"

I hate that with a great passion, its completely stupid and I want to shoot the person who started that.

BogusKun
Feb 17, 2004, 01:15 PM
I don't even want to know myself. I have the same bit of hatred. Let's team up sometime?

Ness
Feb 17, 2004, 01:52 PM
On 2004-02-17 09:22, BogusKun wrote:
Which one? There are tons of N words to hate.

Neglegence.

Naughty is a good word.

Oh, that word. I don't like saying THAT word. I don't even see how blacks call other blacks that in public either. Wierd. Whites used it to verbally describe and abuse blacks... Now the blacks use it.

One fucked up planet if you ask me.

I don't anyone should use that word, white or black.

*sends WWWWWWWWWWWW to the moon*

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 17, 2004, 02:40 PM
On 2004-02-17 07:47, KodiaX987 wrote:
I hate the word "strong". If it could be removed from the English language, it would stop over-protective parents from saying "Oh, hate is such a strong word." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shut up you. 'Strong' is not a hate word. Life goes on, and hate is STILL a strong word!!!

KodiaX987
Feb 17, 2004, 09:57 PM
Can you rephrase your reply? You lost me halfway through, even though you typed just 1.2 lines. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif It just doesn't seem to "fit" into my reply to you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Wewt
Feb 18, 2004, 02:49 PM
Just a word.