PDA

View Full Version : Running out of something good to say.

BogusKun
Feb 8, 2004, 09:02 PM
Why? Because everytime I get on this site, (usually looking for a good topic) it always gets busted or locked up because some kid have to come in and ruin the discussion.

Am I mad? No.
Am I sad? Hell no.
Are there many kids suddenly coming to this website begging and asking countless times, that it's nerve-wrecking? Hell yes.

Whatever happened to deleting dumb comments and banning the person all at once? Dunno but...

These new people need to recognize that this sites' forum/message board has rules!

I pretty much thank the creators and staff and all for constructing it. It's pretty much professional and happened to have appeared in some game magazines (like EGM~! as well as my Link/Mr. Tingle pic from A-kon!).

Anyways, this topic strongly points it's finger at the person (not just noobs) who constantly seem to annoy us with dumb comments repeatedly and yes the ALL CAPS SHIT is fucking annoying. Pardon the language but, I am annoyed. I'm also pretty sure that I could be wrong... maybe it's not MANY people... maybe it's FEW people coming back from different locations... but we can't assume that well THIS GUY [insert name here] is ADE, being from a different location.

All I really want is a reason to post. Maybe my topics were being crushed itself? I'm not sure if this is something to talk about...

Dammit, I had a good topic (My Dream) got slashed for no reason... I never knew why, but I just can't see how pure stupidity surpasses my dreams... and right now I feel that, there should be a step taken to destroy these dummies.

My apologies if I seem to have hurt someone's feeling on a message board...

~C A P C O M

RoninJoku
Feb 8, 2004, 10:11 PM
I completely understand what you mean man...

But I'm just wondering... Whats with the anti-ADE sentiment on this site? I play with him all the time (or used to) and he was always a cool guy imo.

Solstis
Feb 8, 2004, 10:15 PM
On 2004-02-08 19:11, RurouniJoku wrote:
I completely understand what you mean man...

But I'm just wondering... Whats with the anti-ADE sentiment on this site? I play with him all the time (or used to) and he was always a cool guy imo.

Maybe you didn't read his posts.

On topic, yeah, it's hard to find a good topic these days. Ex: Go to Cheaters, though Rants topics don't seem to get locked that often, though hijacked a WHOLE lot (*raises his hand* my name is Solstis, and I'm a thread hijacker).

flash_fire
Feb 8, 2004, 10:17 PM
Well Expressed????/....

Yeah posts getting messed up because of a few is annoying....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: flash_fire on 2004-02-08 19:18 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Feb 8, 2004, 10:34 PM
Whatever happened to deleting dumb comments and banning the person all at once? Dunno but...

we don't ban the person right away because we want to be fair. so the person normally has 3 chances to mess things up before a banning. we do this also because some newcomers or kids just aren't aware of the rules, but with a little stern warnings or spankings, usually fall into line.

and really, there are usually more than one person spamming per thread. it seems like in cheaters, people love to spam. that needs to stop. if there is a whole thread of mostly spam, we can't delete every single one there. so we lock it instead.

as for the people that keeps coming back, i have no idea. maybe they just love to try to come back to prove some kind of point.

so simply, the solution is for our members to post intelligently. now that's utopian.

undevil
Feb 8, 2004, 10:41 PM
I liked your utopian anology.

Anyways, most people tend to get off topic because with the nature of debates, one situation normally leads into another, and making a whole new topic for a subject within a subject just seems sort of pointless to some people.

Like for the gay marriage thing. At first it was about gay marriage. Then it turned into how they should rename marriage to civil union. Then it was about how gay parents shouldn't be able to adopt children. It is all related to the gay crowd in some way, but they are differant subjects. In my point of view, I don't see the point in making a whole new topic to discuss something that has a little bit to do with another popular topic. Then again, if the topic was "What is your opinion about gay people" than I think it would be appropriate to discuss the many issues involved around gay people. However, the topic wasn't labeled this, it had to do with one specific problem.

geewj
Feb 8, 2004, 11:01 PM
If you think they're breaking rules then link the topic in a Mod Alert.

It's the quickest way to get it taken care of.

BogusKun
Feb 9, 2004, 05:14 PM
Well, I remember a time when (major) spam was around. You would simply delete the posts and ban users right away (that committed unjust activities). I didn't mean ban a user just because he made one lousy post, and failed to read rules all at once.

RoninJoku
Feb 9, 2004, 11:04 PM
On 2004-02-08 19:15, Solstis wrote:

Maybe you didn't read his posts.

No I did not... Care to indulge me? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2004-02-09 20:07 ]</font>