PDA

View Full Version : the worst thing imaginable happened.......

chaodragonb
Feb 14, 2004, 08:23 PM
I don't believe this....

I was playing 2 days ago, and the TV was turning on...
I decided to save some time by going through the startup menus and getting to the game while the tv was still on a blank screen...

The next thing I know, when the tv turns on, and I'm ready to start playing, there is no file on the VMU!!!!!!

It turns out I deleted my file!!!!!!

Let's see....I was LV.40, in hard mode, was playing for 45 hours+, and had a Delsaber's Buster +3, Souleater+13,
Agito (2001 model), and Akiko's Frying pan +1....

C'mon people...I need some sympathy here...I have to start
ALL OVER.........Yesterday, (I was LV.3)
I was killed by a Booma....
IN NORMAL MODE!!!!!!!!

Sob...

Kuea
Feb 14, 2004, 08:29 PM
sorry man i have to laugh and feel bad for you.
should not have tried to do something like that

KaFKa
Feb 14, 2004, 08:34 PM
oh noes! you lost ONE level 40 character with 45 hours of gameplay!!! OMFG!!!

please, i've lost much more than that from FSOD and FSOD-X.

i can get a character up to level 40 in about a day or so, and why exactly were you screwing with the settings ON A BLANK SCREEN!?!?

sorry, but you cant imagine the amount of non-sympathy pouring out of my body...

Jarek
Feb 14, 2004, 08:40 PM
i'm surprised this hasn't been moved yet...

what do you expect when you're not paying attention to what you're doing? i don't think you're gonna get much sympathy outta this one.

ERS
Feb 14, 2004, 08:44 PM
On 2004-02-14 17:23, chaodragonb wrote:
I don't believe this....

I was playing 2 days ago, and the TV was turning on...
I decided to save some time by going through the startup menus and getting to the game while the tv was still on a blank screen...

Stupidity.

The next thing I know, when the tv turns on, and I'm ready to start playing, there is no file on the VMU!!!!!!

That's what you get for being dumb enough to mess around with a blank screen.

Let's see....I was LV.40, in hard mode, was playing for 45 hours+, and had a Delsaber's Buster +3, Souleater+13,

OMG!!!!!!111

C'mon people...I need some sympathy here...I have to start
ALL OVER.........Yesterday, (I was LV.3)
I was killed by a Booma....
IN NORMAL MODE!!!!!!!!

Sob...

You poor, poor, thing.

I agree 100% with KaFKa on this one.

Olorin
Feb 14, 2004, 09:41 PM
45 hours sounds like a lot now, but once you really get up there it is nothing.

Zeroy
Feb 14, 2004, 09:44 PM
that REALLY stinks. but getting to lv. 20 is REALLY easy. I created a character yesterday afternoon at at the time of posting play time is about 11 hours, lvl 22, in the ruins.

Aunt_Betty
Feb 14, 2004, 09:48 PM
And you kids DO know that there is a thread on the Rants forum?And really,just start over.Things happen and cheese can't even stop that!

navci
Feb 15, 2004, 02:16 PM
Hm. *points to topic that says "Worst imaginable thing has happened"*

I am sorry. Your imagination is very ..... limited, shall we say?

undevil
Feb 15, 2004, 03:06 PM
45 hours really is a lot of time for many people to spend on a game. Not everyone sits on their asses all day to play video games. I really sympasize for the people that do.

navci
Feb 15, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-02-15 12:06, undevil wrote:
45 hours really is a lot of time for many people to spend on a game. Not everyone sits on their asses all day to play video games. I really sympasize for the people that do.

I don't think it is a matter of 45 hours of time. I think it is the matter that he said it is worst imaginable thing that happened. I mean, sheesh, who cares about being homeless, gravely ill, or the world destroyed tomorrow?

It is the thing about making a big deal that people here and trying to point out to the original poster.

KaFKa
Feb 15, 2004, 03:25 PM

well, when you consider i can get to level 40 in about 4 1/2 hours (which is hardly 'all day') his level is nothing to be amazed with.

also, thats 45 hours were talking about. compared to the over 3000 i've lost to FSOD-X. think things through, undevil. especially when youre trying to make fun of a large group of people...

Robo47
Feb 15, 2004, 03:31 PM
Slow down Navi! Mean old Abdur moved a thread to FKL and it lowered me by 1 post count!

navci
Feb 15, 2004, 03:33 PM
On 2004-02-15 12:31, Robo47 wrote:
Slow down Navi! Mean old Abdur moved a thread to FKL and it lowered me by 1 post count!

Awa?

ABDUR101
Feb 15, 2004, 03:40 PM
ok, lets be nice everyone. Yes in PSO terms, that lvl and time spent isn't really all that much for those of us who have played the game since the previously releases and know hundreds upon hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of gametime hours.

Maybe he's a really casual gamer, so I can sympathise with his loss, but at the same time, it's really not all that much as to what I've seen many, many, many other people lose.

Sorry for your loss, but it happens. Just start over like just about everyone else and it won't be a problem! =]

Daikarin
Feb 15, 2004, 05:53 PM

It turns out I deleted my life!!!!!!

*Shakes head*

Ah. Don't worry. I got corrupted several times, and my characters only got better after that.

I mean, that's what made me write my first fanfiction. I got corrupted, and that gave me a storm of ideas.

And the game is more funny on the first levels, IMO.

Sonic098
Feb 15, 2004, 06:06 PM
[quote]

srry on the losing all of that stuff but just to tell you the souleater only goes up to +9 not 13

PJ
Feb 15, 2004, 07:15 PM
On 2004-02-15 15:06, Sonic098 wrote:
[quote]

srry on the losing all of that stuff but just to tell you the souleater only goes up to +9 not 13

He said VMU, so I assume he was on the DC. On the DC, Soul Eater went up to +35.

Aredhel
Feb 18, 2004, 10:44 AM
BUTTWAGGLE!

*pharm*

MitchWisconsi
Feb 18, 2004, 06:21 PM
OH MY GOD YOU RETARD ------! YOU WERE JUST A LOW LEVEL NOOBIE GO FUCK YOURSELF, BITCH!

CAPS R0X

*edit by Abdur*
Happy Happy Joy Joy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-02-18 15:29 ]</font>

kitomaka_ck
Feb 18, 2004, 06:45 PM
worst thing imaginable:

having your head freeze while your feet burn, rats eating your torso

in your terms:

well im stupid too i do that all the time but i never mess up. lol

kids, dont try that at home.

BogusKun
Feb 18, 2004, 06:57 PM
On 2004-02-18 15:21, MitchWisconsi wrote:
OH MY GOD YOU RETARD ------! YOU WERE JUST A LOW LEVEL NOOBIE GO FUCK YOURSELF, BITCH!

CAPS R0X

*edit by Abdur*
Happy Happy Joy Joy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-02-18 15:29 ]</font>

This guy has no respect for the fellow gamer.. how sad.

anwserman
Feb 19, 2004, 11:27 AM
He's not the Mitch I know of.... not to be offtopic or anything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Hell, he doesn't know what the URL of this website is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 11:59 AM
One thing that ALMOST happened to me once (to kinda get back on topic), in Virginia I was almost pooped on by a seagull... It landed a couple millimeters where I rested my arm, against a trash can at Wal-Mart... I was going to kill that bird with my psychic abilities if he got me.

anwserman
Feb 19, 2004, 01:06 PM
Speaking of Wal-Mart, one time when we were visiting my aunt in Texas, my sister dared me to get into a little vehicle rides that they have sitting outside the store... it was an ice-cream truck that went "Don't worry, we have plenty of ice cream!" and annoying stuff like that.

Getting in was easy, getting out was hard. I was stuck in that thing for about 30 minutes and a crowd of people formed. ^-^

navci
Feb 19, 2004, 01:11 PM
On 2004-02-19 08:59, BogusKun wrote:
One thing that ALMOST happened to me once (to kinda get back on topic), in Virginia I was almost pooped on by a seagull... It landed a couple millimeters where I rested my arm, against a trash can at Wal-Mart... I was going to kill that bird with my psychic abilities if he got me.

Actually, on a rainy day one time I was walking to the grocery store. Then, after wandering inside for like an hour grabbing stuff I need. And eventually want to put groceries into my backpack, I found a large big long stringy piece of bird poop, half dried, on my bag.

.... It was really disgusting.

undevil
Feb 21, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-02-15 12:25, KaFKa wrote:

well, when you consider i can get to level 40 in about 4 1/2 hours (which is hardly 'all day') his level is nothing to be amazed with.

also, thats 45 hours were talking about. compared to the over 3000 i've lost to FSOD-X. think things through, undevil. especially when youre trying to make fun of a large group of people...

Well, spending thousands of hours on a game has to hit you in the head as a wake up call that you got some kind of issue. Seriously, I am not one to tell people how they should spend their lifes, but 3000 hours? Wtf.

BogusKun
Feb 21, 2004, 02:11 PM
Hahaha I got that issue too man