PDA

View Full Version : 8.95!

geewj
Feb 18, 2004, 08:35 PM
I swear...Sega will stop at nothing to keep me from canceling my Hunters Lisence.

When I stopped playing the game (I mean deciding that i was no longer even going to quickly go on to see hoe things were) a few months ago I tried to cancel my HL on the site, but the site was down. So I found the number you call from http://www.sega.com and tried to call it, but it was dissconnected. So when that time of month came around and it charged 8.95 to my bank account I just had my bank file a claim and reverse the fee's which they did.

"Got my money back, now sega must realize I don't want my HL and stop billing me" is what I thought.

Day before pay day one month I look at my bank account an see that it is negitive. That doesn't seem right at all so I look at my statment and see that Sega.com has charged me for the amount of 8.95 -_-. And I get charged 32 dollars for an over withdrawl fee.

So I call my bank again and have the reverse the fees, and it so happens that since the fee was reversed thet took bank the over withdrawl fee too.

So I set out to find a way to cancel my HL. I can't log onto PSO and do it from there because I don't even have the game anymore. I'd have to sit there are guess at my user name and password even if I could get to it.

I ask around and a friend links the site you go to to cancel my HL. I thank him many times and then proceed to click on the link. Waiting..."The page cannot be displayed" ...

I tell my friend that it's not working so he tells me the way to get there from Sega.com. I thank him again.

Type http://www.sega.com into my address bar. Waiting..."The page cannot be displayed". -_-...It feels like Sega has gone so far as to take there site down in order to stop me from canceling my HL.

I'm probably just going to have to end up canceling that check card and get a new one from my bank.

Bah...

Robo47
Feb 18, 2004, 09:32 PM
Check your internet connection. Maybe thats a problem.

AUTO_
Feb 18, 2004, 11:31 PM
I've had some fun instances with my HL's in the past (and right now with DSL)...like getting billed three times when I first got the game. It was my error--I never bothered to read that you didn't have to cancel/reactivate your account...the surprising thing is that Sega gave me back my money for my own mistakes.

Whatta' country!

Frinx if I had money I would send it to you.

Firocket1690
Feb 19, 2004, 03:47 AM
Hmmm,
Same thing sorta happened to me a few months ago.
I went to HK for the whole summer of "03.
My HL went 'inactive', but I still got billed monthly.
If it's inactive for a while, they'll disconnect the thingy, but the blling conitnues. FYI.

I still don't know how to cancel the HL though ...

don't plan to anytime soon either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-02-19 00:48 ]</font>

geewj
Feb 19, 2004, 11:52 AM
sega.com came back up and I managed to cancel it. Yay me.

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 11:56 AM
Dammit I'm in your position Prof.

SabZero
Feb 19, 2004, 05:11 PM
Don't they have a mail address in your country? Write a formal letter cancelling, and send registered (so you keep the proof you sent it) along with a printed copy of the letter. Show that to your bank and tell them every charge from SEGA they have to pay (not you)!

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 06:41 PM
Gong to get that done as soon as I'm done procrastinating