Lv. 105
DEF 21
POW 24
DEX 38
MIND 22

Which stat should I concentrate on?
What is a good weapon to use.
I just use a gun.

Trying to kill.......water worm. at end of caves.

Mindblade
Apr 16, 2001, 12:08 PM
Try to get your MIND highest. Also try to get your DEF up there with a force. Personally, my FOmarl uses a Wand or Rod, depending on the situation. Once her ATP is high enpugh, I will use a Double Saber.

Mindblade,
The self-proclaimed MAG professor

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mindblade on 2001-04-16 10:11 ]</font>

Andromeda
Apr 16, 2001, 12:20 PM
hah! Good selection.... a fellow Force! B4 contemplating how u will grow your MAG, I think it's probably best to think about how you will use your character (in combat). Being a Force myself, I have found that at the lower levels I would use mostly low-level attack techniques as well as some type of distance-attack weapon (a gun....). That being the case, when growing my first MAG, I opted to concentrate on two out the four MAG stats-- DEX and MIND. These two stats have a direct correlation to your character's ATA and MST, respectively. Therefore, the more you increase your equipped MAG's DEX, the higher your ATA will be (i.e. enabling you to use better guns). The higher your MST becomes with the increase of your MAG's MIND, the more effective your techs will become (attack damage, HP restoration, etc.) Unfortunately, the oft-time most neglected stat (and probably most important for a Force), is your MAG's DEF. This stat obviously directly correlates to your character's DEF. As Force's have the lowest HP totals of all characters, raising your Force character's DEF is usually one of your best recourses when trying to remain competitive. What I tried to do initially was to work on my MAG's DEX, so I could use a high-powered gun that has the special ability of stealing TP (e.g. HEART or MIND hand/auto/lockgun). Keep in mind that most guns available around your level will require an (ATA) rating of ~ 80 or so. So if this is the type of strategy you wish to employ, pump your MAG's DEX up to the appropriate score, then concentrate on your other relevant MAG attributes. I never found POW to be very useful until I reached the upper-end of the experience spectrum (level 70 and above). By that time I was already farming a few MAG's and was able to experiment. The other factor to realize is what type of MAG you eventually want to have... If that's not too important to you right now, then just stick to building up your stats as you choose. However, if you want to own a specific MAG, then I would check a MAG guide (such as Nozedive13's MAG guide here on PSO world). Hope this info helps!

KiDWiZ
Apr 16, 2001, 04:16 PM
WOW....Thanks for the replies. I have since played a bit more and have a total stat readout for you gurus to help me with.

FoNewn
Type A
PURPLENUM
Lev. 23
EXP. 34,872

ATP 212/110
DFP 90/46
MST 248/248
ATA 122/91
EVP 249/164
LCK 12/12

EFR 20
EIC 20
ETH 21
EDK 0
ELT 10

MAG - RIBHAVA

Lev 115
Synchro 46%

IQ 200
DEF 25
POW 24
DEX 44
MIND 22

ATP 212/164
DFP 90/65
MST 248/204
ATA 122/100
EVP 249/249
LCK 12/12

Photon Blasts:
Leilla
Golla
Faralla
(These any good?)

I tried to get me MAG to warp to a dif one by changin the equation and I waited 10 levs but no change.

I am using a Dim Lock Gun and
The Medium Electricity Spell

Aierylia
Apr 17, 2001, 05:31 PM
Well, like Andromeda said, it really depends on how you're going to fight. If you intend on staying at a distance, then keep on working on your mag's Dex so you can use better guns. 2 points of Dex = 1 point of ATA.

Personally, I'm used to playing fairly melee. So in the case of my FOnewearl, I wanted her to use a Soul Eater while keeping a Garuda [Garudas look nice on her]. Its stats are now something like 32/24/25/23 [just enough to keep it a Garuda]. So that gave her an extra boost of 48 to her ATP. That and two God/Powers that I transferred to her let her finally equip that Soul Eater.

That's what I did, at least. If I wanted to use guns though, I probably would've dumped everything into Dex and Def.

As for your Photon Blasts, I'd say that they all have their uses. Leilla's good for that last minute healing. Golla does a pretty good amount of damage to a single target at melee[aim carefully]. Farlla does a fair amount of damage to all enemies in a ring around you [if you like that, then try to get Pilla if you ever start a new mag, since Pilla does more].

For your attempt to make your mag change its form, I assume from the stats that you tried to raise the Def above some others. Only the order of Pow, Dex, and Mind determine what mag you will have. If you want it to change while its Def is still under 45, then get its Mind to be higher than its Pow. You should end up with a Sita. If you don't like Sita, then just change the order of the three again by some level interval of five again. But know this: if you ever get your mag's Def to 45, it'll change to either an Andhaka or a Bana, and you won't be able to change it back.

Here's a good mag site to check out if you need.

http://www.scene51.com/mags.htm

It has pictures of all of the mags, the requirements for all of them, and what foods raise what by what. [Ignore the copyright they have at the bottom though. I'm pretty sure they just ripped it all from the Versus Guide]

Kyln_Darkhan
Apr 18, 2001, 10:39 AM
Forces are great with Dark weapons. They seem to be much more able to get the death touch to connect. Don't make the mistake of raising attibutes that you can max out on (namely dex). If you max out on these with a mag you can't take advantage of the materials you'll find.

A good strategy is to raise mind and/or defense with a force, and find a force weapon that takes off by the percentage, or kills outright. Use magic as your primary attack.