PDA

View Full Version : What is my problem?

derBauer
Feb 20, 2004, 05:45 PM
Like many other people, I have a problem keeping myself out of debt.

About 2 years ago I was over 10K in debt and paid it all off.
I am now close to 1.6K in debt and feeling like shit. At least I was anyway. I was just going through my financial records and discovered that in the last 30 days, I have paid off 2k of my debt. That means if it were not for some serious debt reduction I would be 3.6k in debt right now.

I just don't know why i keep doing this to myself. I keep telling myself i will stop wasting money on shit but I obviously keep doing it. I probably shouldn't be going to Mardi Gras but I am leaving momentarily and will probably spend $300 over the next two days.
Its easy for me to tell myself I will calm down after that but something always happens that makes me want to spend money. Like this blue shirt I want. Or Metal Gear Twin Snakes. It's always something I have to have. Hell, I have games I am nowhere near beating (MGS2 being one of them) and now I want Twin Snakes.
I also spend alot of money on food. I like hot soft pretzels from the mall and smoothies from mall. And I want my blue shirt!
I don't even know why I rant about this, it's not going to stop. Nothing will make me stop. I'm just foolish when it comes to money.

Skuda
Feb 20, 2004, 05:52 PM
sounds to me like you need a wet blanket. I don't know, find someone who will stop you from spending to much. um...maybe not a wet blanket, more like shackels. Aparently you have an addiction to spending money, as others have an addiction to drugs, alcahol or even lottery tickets. Addiction is a horrible desise that can lead to much pain and suffering. Everyone has some sort of addiction, or habit that they need to break. Try to find a way to break yours. Think things through, what is more important, eating or having a blue shirt?

Scejntjynahl
Feb 20, 2004, 07:44 PM
Cell phones get me all the time. Last time I owed over $1,200. Now in my new plan I only owe $650. Meh, will at least im out of the thousand range.

polishedweasel
Feb 21, 2004, 03:47 PM
....uh....I bounced like, 5 checks this week? Does that count for anything?

undevil
Feb 21, 2004, 04:49 PM
Dude, you need to get your priorities strait. I would drop video games until you are making a decent living for yourself.

Gnarled_rose
Feb 21, 2004, 07:20 PM
Dude, you need to get your priorities straight. I would drop video games until you are making a decent living for yourself.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 23, 2004, 09:50 PM
Quoting w/out a reply, Rose? Are you trying to stress a point, or are you just lazy? Anyways, the best way to stay out of debt is to never get INTO debt. Sadly, hardly anyone can do this, because their wants come before their needs. Stupid paradox.