PDA

View Full Version : I can't even trust my friends...

hollowtip
Feb 22, 2004, 08:01 AM
Well, ex-friends I shall now refer to them as.

My girlfriend and I have been going on a 5 month relationship that is really now starting to blossom. We have talked about getting married, having children, and spending the rest of our lives with each other, and I know she is the one. We spend any free time we have in one anothers presence enjoying the last hours we do have until she graduates and attends a CSU in the southern region of California depending on what schools accept her (we both live in northern california). I play basketball for a D1 university while she will be studying to become an obstetrician.

One of my friends used to date the girl I'm currently in a relationship with, and is still good friends with her. There is no tension between him and I, and he doesn't mind that we are seeing each other, but lately, he has been acting unreasonable and over-stepping personal boundries that me and my girlfriend share, passing unfounded judgement on me. A week ago, my girlfriend calls me up to inform me that at the upcoming weekend, her ex-boyfriend asked her to go to a basketball game on Saturday night to meet some team members for a school she may be attending. I admit I was against the idea, informing her that it really didn't make much sense, but I gave her my approval if she really wanted to go anyways. So on Thursday of that week, she calls me up, and explains to me that she wasn't going to be able to do anything on Saturday because she would be studying all day for a Piano test she would be taking the next day. She calls her ex-boyfriend up, and sheds some light on the new developments at hand, explaining to him that she didn't have time to go out. Her ex-boyfriend interprets this as me being selfish and jealous, where I'm dictating everything she does, pulling her by a leash. This really pisses me off because when both of us agreed to adhere to a relationship, we would built it upon the understanding of trust, commitment, and freedom. So on Saturday while I'm sleeping, his buddies (and some of mine) get all drunk over at his house and call me up at 3 in the morning asking for my girlfriend. Because of the assumption he made earlier, he expected both of us to be hanging out, when in actuality we were both sleeping a half hour apart, her resting up for the test she was going to take the next day. They called up in total about 4 times just to piss me off hanging up every so often, and totally disrespecting the fact that I am in a relationship with her.

Basically, I'm pretty pissed off about the whole situation. I used to respect my friend because we understood each other, and although I know I haven't been the best friend I could be towards him, I always supported him in everything he did, but now, he disrespects me for no reason, spreading propaganda to my other friends stating I have "changed" and how "I don't even trust my girlfriend."

Sorry for that rant, but I hate it because the guy doesn't even know what's going on, yet still manages to form an opinion based on falicies. I'll probably forgive him later down the line, but right now, how he's treating me is very dishonerable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-02-22 05:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-02-22 05:06 ]</font>

Armok
Feb 22, 2004, 08:10 AM
This is the rant section not the whining sec. For god sake I get woken up nearly every night by drunk friends.

Act like a man for god sakes the real world aint Dawsons Creek.

Myopathy
Feb 22, 2004, 08:14 AM
On 2004-02-22 05:10, Armok wrote:
This is the rant section not the whining sec. For god sake I get woken up nearly every night by drunk friends.

Act like a man for god sakes the real world aint Dawsons Creek.

That wasn't the only point he state, yet you act like it was.

Armok
Feb 22, 2004, 08:22 AM
On 2004-02-22 05:14, Ezellaur wrote:

That wasn't the only point he state, yet you act like it was.

Sorry the Dawsons creek bit was aimed at the whole message. It had that emotion rubbish that dawson always used to talk all writen over it. God I hated DC.

undevil
Feb 22, 2004, 08:51 AM
Don't be a jerk.

Anyways, sorry for your trouble. I know I would be pissed off as well.

Ness
Feb 22, 2004, 08:53 AM
OH MY GOD HE RANTED IN THE RANTS SECTION!!!!!! BURN HIM!!!!!

Seriously, I hate it when people get all upset when people rant in the rant section. It wasn't a whine; it was a legitiamte rant. Besides, I've seen much worse.

Anyway.....

Hollowtip, I think it's time that you tlak to your girlfriends ex one on one and try to work something out. Like you said, he was drunk so he probably wouldn't have done something like that otherwise. See this event as an oppurtunity to learn why your girlfriends ex harrassed you.

undevil
Feb 22, 2004, 10:14 AM
Or you could always pull a Scott Peterson on his ass and dump his body in the ocean.

kingmurp
Feb 22, 2004, 10:22 AM
Yes, exs can be a burden. Somehow one girl I dated got word around to a girl I was dating and yeah.... Also Drunk calls at 3am make life worth living, cuz you just have to hold it to them, and remember to call the bastards every hour while they attempt to sleep through the hangover.

Daikarin
Feb 22, 2004, 10:40 AM
You know the truth, right?

Don't let him ruin your mood just because he doesn't believe you, or because he's jealous. In time he'll understand.

Guntz348
Feb 22, 2004, 11:34 AM
Undevil, unless you're going to post something constructive don't post anything at all. Last warning for everyone in rants, this is not fresh kills, don't spam and if you have nothing constructive to say just move on.

Back on topic, Hollow you should sit down with your girlfreind and her ex and talk this over. You really shouldn't have to, if he respects the two of you the way he claims, and the way you respect him this whole situation would not come about. Obviously he doesn't. Try to make him understand that both of you want to try to save the freindship and understand that as you grow older things are going to change and everyone must live and be able to adapt to that.

anwserman
Feb 22, 2004, 12:03 PM
And if worse comes to worse, and if they keep calling you, just take the phone off the hook during the night >_<

And sorry about the friends, I had some friends but stabbed me in the back... because I could drive and they couldn't. So, when they got their licences.... meh. Sorry, I know how people can be asses at times.

But keep your head up, be strong and be happy that you've met the right person.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 23, 2004, 09:56 PM
That's a bummer, hollowtip. I can't stand people who act on the belief that they know what's going, when they really don't. I say follow the constructive advice here, and just talk w/ the ex. If that doesn't work, you can always run him through http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Shattered_weasel
Feb 23, 2004, 11:25 PM
wef.hktgauiowe rhqwhurgasdjkflhgasdjklhgauioewyrgklajshdgfjkashdj kgfhasf

Ok....It's not fresh kills. Back on topic

I would have told him that if he called you again that you would take the nearest blunt object and rap it across his head a few million times. Then a fight would break out and you (hopefully) would come out the victor.

If not. Go have sex. It calms the nerves. That and a cigerette

Hrith
Feb 23, 2004, 11:33 PM
yeah, shattered's not wrong.
a year or so ago, my gf's ex wanted to win her back saying things like "i love you more than him", that kinda creepy stuff.

I physically warned him, that was the end of the trouble.

Following Guntz's advice may be a good idea, though. It's just that when people meddle with people close to me, I hit then ask =/

Shattered_weasel
Feb 23, 2004, 11:41 PM
On 2004-02-23 20:33, Kef wrote:
yeah, shattered's not wrong.
a year or so ago, my gf's ex wanted to win her back saying things like "i love you more than him", that kinda creepy stuff.

I physically warned him, that was the end of the trouble.

Following Guntz's advice may be a good idea, though. It's just that when people meddle with people close to me, I hit then ask =/

True Genius at work.

BogusKun
Feb 24, 2004, 04:36 PM
On 2004-02-22 05:10, Armok wrote:
Dawsons Creek.

That line won a woman 100,000 dollars on WHO WANNA B A 1,000,000aire?