PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't I the new mod?

Spy
Apr 16, 2001, 08:37 PM
First everyone was quitting, then everyone came back, then Ambrai left, then Complex returns, then complex leaves. All the while we vote for the new mods and I win in a landside. I would like an expediant answer please, as to why the people's choice is being ignored without so much as an explantation.

Danger_Girl
Apr 16, 2001, 08:47 PM
Just a reminder I was a very close second (before I droped out)http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif. I am a little curious why we bothered to have a vote. I'm pretty sure why niether of us will ever be mod here though. I think you know why too Spy. So does Gideonhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif.

[addsig]"http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/087/24/30872431.jpg">

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2001-04-16 18:53 ]</font>

Spy
Apr 16, 2001, 08:58 PM
How true, how true... your wisdom once again parts the clouds Danger.

CASH
Apr 17, 2001, 01:14 AM
Spy would make a good mod... I think ya should give him a chance... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 01:21 AM
After this little display of power, I don't want to be a mod. I just want an explanation.

Cube
Apr 17, 2001, 01:27 AM
well spy, im prety good freinds with all the mods and your name has come up in our conversation a few times... I can tell you this. Someone up their who is incharge of everyhing *god?* didnt want you to be mod and layed a big flat NO across the board. Im not sure if the other mods had a say in this but i dont see why they wouldnt..

What i am wondering is why Ragnorok isnt the general board mod by now... he was supose to be..

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 01:32 AM
Hehe, it's because I'm a boyscout, and because I do not condone any type of duping, I'm sure. I just want all the people that voted for me to know why their vote is worth nothing now.

They don't want a repeat of what happened over, say, the trade board fiasco.

Cube
Apr 17, 2001, 01:42 AM
Oh man the trade forum debate lol.. Scary. That brings back a few memories...

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 02:02 AM
Personally, I find it offending, or perhaps flattering, that they can't muster the courage to explain this to my face, and that I'm not qualified to be a mod for whatever reasons.

Danger_Girl
Apr 17, 2001, 02:38 AM
I too was informed by one of the powers that be that neither Spy or I ever had a chance at being mod. Seems we have enemys in high places Spy. Some of the dark forces in PSOW fear what we stand for. So be it!

watashiwa
Apr 17, 2001, 02:42 AM
Yeah, there wasn't really a point in voting. No one ever said PSO World was a democracy anyway. Did you just make this thread to bitch, Spy? "Why aren't I the new mod?" ::whine:: ::whine:: ::bitch:: ::bitch:: "I would like an expediant answer" . . Who the hell are you to demand an answer to anything? Who cares how many posts you have, you're no better than anyone where you can just demand an answer as to why you're not where you THINK you should be or stand . . Yawn . . . You're not a mod and that's that. Case closed. Let the new moderator handle the job and just be happy while you continue to do your usual 80%+ useless posts.

Be on the look out for:

http://www.project-douraku.com/psoshots/PSOWorldSig.jpg

No pic: May LV79 FOnewearl, Reye LV68 HUnewearl, and C`rono LV67 HUmar.

PSO Shots~! (http://www.project-douraku.com/psoshots/)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: watashiwa on 2001-04-17 00:45 ]</font>

Danger_Girl
Apr 17, 2001, 02:55 AM
Oh look its Wat. The silly contributor gimp. Hey everyone look at the silly little gimp! Isn't he cute, the way he swings through the trees. Uh oh! The gimp wet himself again. At least it will improve his odorhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

watashiwa
Apr 17, 2001, 03:00 AM
Ah, Danger_Girl. What a well thought out reply, Steven. Was that the best you could do? It truly shows your level of education to be that of "slightly past the 3rd grade". You should win an award for that piece of literature. Maybe the "Newberry" prize for children's books. I truly can't believe that was all you could come up with. Your less-than-creative, but some what entertaining, character designs and played out catch phrases accompanying certain actions during game play and this shotty paragraph or whatever you throw out as an insult is the best you could do. C'mon, Steven, you can do better.

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 03:06 AM
On 2001-04-17 00:42, watashiwa wrote:
Yeah, there wasn't really a point in voting. No one ever said PSO World was a democracy anyway. Did you just make this thread to bitch, Spy? "Why aren't I the new mod?" ::whine:: ::whine:: ::bitch:: ::bitch:: "I would like an expediant answer" . . Who the hell are you to demand an answer to anything? Who cares how many posts you have, you're no better than anyone where you can just demand an answer as to why you're not where you THINK you should be or stand . . Yawn . . . You're not a mod and that's that. Case closed. Let the new moderator handle the job and just be happy while you continue to do your usual 80%+ useless posts.

I would appreciate it if you would be civil and treat me with respect. If you wish to call me a crybaby and insult me in other ways with personal attacks, do so in a private message or something.

And since when are you the spokesperson for the POSW Staff? Shut up and get out of my way. I didn't ask for a response from someone who considers himself a pimp, but is really pimped by the staff around here.

Kamotz
Apr 17, 2001, 03:07 AM
Ooh goodie. Two entirely different threads you three are arguing on.

Nothing against any of you, but you sound like children bashing each other like this.

watashiwa
Apr 17, 2001, 03:10 AM
Oh, my dear Spy, I've never claimed to be a spokesperson for the PSOW staff. You're assuming again, kid. You know, when you assume, you make an ass out of "u" and me. And I wouldn't want you to do that . . You are already too damn good at making yourself look like an ass without needing any of my help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif Oh, and I don't give a damn if you ask me for a response or not, I'm going to give you one. So I say this again, suck me.

Be on the look out for:

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: watashiwa on 2001-04-17 01:15 ]</font>

DooMStalK
Apr 17, 2001, 03:15 AM
On 2001-04-17 01:06, Spy wrote:
[quote]
On 2001-04-17 00:42, watashiwa wrote:

I would appreciate it if you would be civil and treat me with respect. If you wish to call me a crybaby and insult me in other ways with personal attacks, do so in a private message or something.

And since when are you the spokesperson for the POSW Staff? Shut up and get out of my way. I didn't ask for a response from someone who considers himself a pimp, but is really pimped by the staff around here.

Heh. Well, what you're doing is rather stupid. Its like going into an IRC channel, and saying "the regulars are all my friends, give me ops" and expecting it to happen. The more likely result is a prompt ban. If I were you, I'd feel lucky if I got off with nothing but a tart reply from wata.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DooMStalK on 2001-04-17 01:19 ]</font>

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 03:16 AM
Ah, so the 3rd grader Danger Girl is only two grades below where you are...

gideon
Apr 17, 2001, 03:17 AM
Ok you guys, cool off. This is just stupid.

Danger_Girl
Apr 17, 2001, 03:19 AM
Hahahaha....Oh Wat you're something else. You really do crack me up. Talk about creativity, I don't even have to read your posts, there all the same. Here's an example:

"Jesus Christ! You suck. Goddamn. I am the greatest. Did I mention I'm the contributor pimp."

Honesty Wat, I can understand your jeliousy. Why don't you try being somewhat civil to people. You might find it works for you. What major malfunction happend in your life? Was it rough for you in high school? There must be a reason your so bitter all the time. Maybe your parents were cruel to you. I feel sorry for you. I really, truly dohttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. Maybe I'll leave you alone with your misery. Try to cheer up though.

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 03:21 AM
Ahahaha... and you actually believe I'm smart Gid?

---------------------------------------------lonegideon: "Hehe, it's because I'm a boyscout, and because I do not condone any type of duping, I'm sure. I just want all the people that voted for me to know why their vote is worth nothing now. "
lonegideon: hahaha you said that like you actually believe it.
Spy: I provoked a response I see.
lonegideon: not an official..
lonegideon: But, I will say this...
lonegideon: You will never be a mod.
lonegideon: ever.
lonegideon: and it isn't because you think yourself a boyscout.
lonegideon: btw... 5 votes hardly count as a "landslide"
Spy: well, why not then? Inquiring minds want to know
lonegideon: spy, why would we honestly pick someone to be a mod who has done nothing but badmouth us, cause a ruckuss whenever possible, has never been open to communication, has a complete elitism about the boards, and thinks himself superior to so many?
lonegideon: I mean seriously, are you stupid?
Spy: nope, being concedid and being stupid is totally different
Spy: and how do I badmouth you? I gave up on the duper thing awhile ago, other than that...
lonegideon: Not to mention it would be a total conflict of interest...
lonegideon: Being your "greener passagers" and all
lonegideon: The real question becomes simply
lonegideon: Why should you be a mod?
lonegideon: What reason is there?
Spy: pheh, lol...
lonegideon: exactly.
lonegideon: Give me a reason to make you a mod
lonegideon: and we'll talk
lonegideon: So far you've only given me reasons to ignore you
Spy: lets see, I did win that vote, even if it wasnt a landslide. thats one reason.

two, I have respect from much of your community
lonegideon: "my" community.. lol
lonegideon: it isn't mine.
Spy: I'm one of the most active people
Spy: when I say your I mean the PSOW staff
lonegideon: Post count doesn't constitute much
lonegideon: Uhm ive talked to every other admin and mod about this
lonegideon: and they concur.
Spy: eh, have them post it then
Spy: post this entire conversation
lonegideon: If you havnt noticed, PSOW staff remain notoriasly silent on these issues.
Spy: post how Misterkel or whoever is more qualified then I am
lonegideon: spy.
lonegideon: What makes you think you'll be such a good mod?
Spy: why should the staff remain silent?
lonegideon: I thought you claimed to be smart?
Spy: I never said I would be, and I never said I would accept a mod position, I'm just wondering how the vote got thrown out of the window, and I got passed up
lonegideon: spy, that thread got bumped to the 5th page the second day it was around.
Spy: your point being...?
lonegideon: That's not to say it wasnt taken into consideration...
lonegideon: my point being, We don't trust you.
lonegideon: While im sure this conversation will make it onto the board in some fleeting attempt to once again throw yourself into the PSOW community spotlight as the perpetual victim of byass....
Spy: okay, so whats the official reason then or will my question be officially ignored?
lonegideon: that would only cement the reasons you weren't chosen...
Spy: eh, that's fine by me
lonegideon: The official statement is conflict of interests, and lack of trust.
Spy: okay
lonegideon: are we done?
Spy: well, you're done with me
Spy: I believe you have an official statement to prepare
lonegideon: LOL.. I knew you would make this into some soap for the boards...
Spy: stating that you realize doesnt mean you can escape it
lonegideon: I hope I provided you with enough material to get that attention you so desperatly need...
Spy: answers, all I need are answers
lonegideon: Didn't I answer all your questions?
Spy: yup
lonegideon: Good... then we're done.
Spy: okay, goodnight!
lonegideon: goodnight

gideon
Apr 17, 2001, 03:24 AM
And in HTML!:
http://www.tomeeboy.com/pso/spy0r.htm

watashiwa
Apr 17, 2001, 03:29 AM
Err, Danger_Girl,

I'm trying to make some sense out of your post, you know the way you put wrong words in it and misspellings . . but I seem to have gotten it.

And none of my posts are the same, I believe the only posts I have where I've been arrogant, and thus it has been jokingly, are the latest posts regarding clans. The majority of my posts are usually very knowledgable as well as my news article submissions.

And, yes, I am very civil to people . . If you've played with me or chatted with me on IRC or AIM, you'd see that I am a very nice person. I usually get along with others just fine, it just annoys me when I see people like you and Spy complaining over nothing. You two, well mostly Spy, always seem to try to get in the spotlight over every little thing on these boards and start some sort of controversy.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Attacking me like a third grader really didn't help make yourself look any better. I apologize to you both.

Oh, BTW . . Honesty = Honestly, jeliousy = jealousy. (For future people who read your previous post.)

Be on the look out for:

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: watashiwa on 2001-04-17 01:31 ]</font>

DooMStalK
Apr 17, 2001, 03:33 AM
On 2001-04-17 01:21, Spy wrote:
Ahahaha... and you actually believe I'm smart Gid?

---------------------------------------------
(Logs removed to conserve space)

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you WANT to be banned.

Kamotz
Apr 17, 2001, 03:34 AM
Geez, why are you continuing to argue Watishiwa?

Spy's questions have already been answered. There isn't anything else to add. I don't even know why I'm still following this thread.

Oh well, sometimes I wonder if my posts are even read. I'm used to being ignored.

Danger_Girl
Apr 17, 2001, 03:37 AM
Well Wat, I guess sometimes I interpert your humor as a personal assult on people. That upset me and I thought I would pick a fight. You say my attacks were that of a third grader, well thats about the level of which I find your humor. However you did offer an apology and I'm willing to accept that.

Peacehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

Spy
Apr 17, 2001, 03:46 AM
Actually Doomstalk, I really have nothing to lose by being banned. I've allready learned enough about PSO from this site, wasted a bunch of sleepless nights, made some people laugh, and hell, even made a couple of friends.

I may be putting my foot in my mouth, but I doubt I will be banned. What would you think if you saw the biggest public criticizer of this site suddenly get banned for really no apparent reason at all, other than demanding that a question be answered?

Sure, I create controversy. But am I attacking anyone? Nope. Am I being distastful in my pursuit of a good time? Nope. Am I hurting anyone? Well, maybe some egos, but that's about all, and if all I spout is garbage and lies then they shouldn't take my stuff too seriously anywas.

Omege12
Apr 17, 2001, 08:47 AM
To Spy:
I don't really have anything much to say.
But I belive what gideon was saying was just a fancy way of saying "No, we don't like you.". I belive the staff doesn't like you because you are too intelligent for them, and people look up to you more than they do them. They are scared of you and they don't know if they could handle you having power. Oh well mabey my views are way off, but I tried..

To Watashiwa:
Man you need to calm down. All this you are saying about Spy thinking he is better than everyone else, heh, by reading most of your posts it seems you feel the same about yourself. And what is it with correcting people's grammer? Your title isn't English teacher. So what if people make mistakes, these boards are casual, so lay off.

faceless
Apr 17, 2001, 11:22 AM
i woulda banned him after the whole 'duper board' fiasco if i were in charge... but that's just me...

RedVento
Apr 17, 2001, 11:31 AM
Uhh.. I have never played with Spy, nor had any indepth conversations with him. However, I have read a good portion of his 700+ posts, and while I am quite sure he is no dummy, I am quite positive that no one is scared of his monster intellect..

Mistkerl_Zwo
Apr 17, 2001, 11:40 AM
Spy, if you really want to know how I got nominated to be the moderator, its this:

Ambrai recommended me. That?s it. Simple and easy.

I don't make it a point to attack people for their opinions or beliefs (and that includes people whose beliefs are different from yours or from my own).

I do not take the moral high ground and use that as a basis for persecuting others on the forums.

I do not consider myself conceited, elite, or superior to anyone.

I do not continuously post the same things over and over in an attempt to make everyone see the way I see. In fact, I am very un-opinionated on PSO subjects. But, that is a good thing.

An effective moderator stands in the middle and allows people to communicate without fear of being attacked. He does not try to influence the conversation; he just ensures that it does not deviate into a flamewar.

Ideally, mods do not force their ideas and beliefs on others.

When I look at myself, I know that I can do that, fairly and responsibly. However, after reading your last 715 posts, I can't imagine that you would be able to say the same.

I was asked what I thought about you being a mod, and these were the same responses I had about you then. I don't think you can fairly judiciate something that you take so personally. You said you wanted to hear it, so there it is. But that certainly does not mean I will hold that against you or unfairly 'moderate' any posting you do in the future. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, even if you choose not to respect me or the other staff members at PSOW

Mistkerl_Zwo

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mistkerl_Zwo on 2001-04-17 09:43 ]</font>

RedVento
Apr 17, 2001, 11:50 AM
now Mistkerl I am kinda frightened by... he sounds a lot like a postal worker(totally disinterested) right before he takes an ak-47 to work and unloads 44722 clips into his co workers....

We should be scared.. very, very, very scared...

Lmnopia
Apr 18, 2001, 02:59 PM
heheh you musta flamed (god)