PDA

View Full Version : A very stupid PSO player

Stormsworder
Feb 22, 2004, 07:10 PM
At the Nintendo forums, there is this guy called Peyton. he has PSO and is level 35. But the thing is, he doesn't know how to use a Photon Blast. What has happened to this world?

Myopathy
Feb 22, 2004, 07:25 PM
On 2004-02-22 16:10, Stormsworder wrote:
At the Nintendo forums, there is this guy called Peyton. he has PSO and is level 35. But the thing is, he doesn't know how to use a Photon Blast. What has happened to this world?

What if he just got the game yesterday?

Damn...give the newbies a break, you were one once. If a newbie is making a legitimate attempt at playing the game, there's nothing wrong with asking questions.

The newbies I don't like are the ones that cheat before they even know the game. Came across a FOmarl yesterday. Level 200. I asked for an S/D from her at the boss portal and she responds by asking me what S/D is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Firocket1690
Feb 22, 2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah.

I didn't know what a mag could do until my HUmar got to his mid 30's and got online.

Everyone was wondering why I was using a Mag (basic)
Then I learned to feed it, etc.

Oh, and this was on DC V1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hrith
Feb 22, 2004, 07:52 PM
this has nothing to do with a "stupid" person but I played with someone apparently new to online mode, and when he leved up I sayed "Congratulations!" to which he replied "what are you congratulating me for?"
that was rather cute http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bradicus
Feb 22, 2004, 09:32 PM
On 2004-02-22 16:46, Firocket1690 wrote:
Yeah.

I didn't know what a mag could do until my HUmar got to his mid 30's and got online.

Oh, and this was on DC V1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I didnt catch on 'till i had 24 mind on my HUcast's mag (i fed it all of those useless Difluids).

Guile
Feb 22, 2004, 09:44 PM
No fucking way?!
Why don't you be kind and tell him how.

KodiaX987
Feb 22, 2004, 09:50 PM
It's understandable. Borderline, but understandable. If the kid hasn't done any quests so far and has stuck to the standard button layout (i.e.: doesn't press L to access the secondary menu) then he never got to see those nifty PB icons.

Other thing - in my first PSO days, I picked up absolutely everything in my path and thus had to pipe back and forth a lot. I didn't get to use many PBs during my first days. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reenee
Feb 23, 2004, 12:30 AM
Am I a jackass for selling my Mag on my RAcaseal and using Normal Ruins to level up to Level 34 on my first time playing the game?

Myopathy
Feb 23, 2004, 02:30 AM
On 2004-02-22 21:30, Reenee wrote:
Am I a jackass for selling my Mag on my RAcaseal and using Normal Ruins to level up to Level 34 on my first time playing the game?

Well your mag will become useful when you feed it and level it up. It is in no way required...but it does help a lot when you finish feeding it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-02-22 23:54 ]</font>

Armok
Feb 23, 2004, 04:43 AM
I never attually managed to get a pb on my first character on dc. Reasons for this where

Being a fonewearl techiques never got me any pb. My char was like lv 21 before she even was on normal minds so the damage ratios where poor.

I remember once i tried to get a PB but had killed everything on the level and only was on 81. Damn that was annoying.

Oh and when I first started way way back the first booma in the game killed me twice before I managed to even kill him.

Why ever did I pick a force first when i liked melee combat.

Stormsworder
Feb 23, 2004, 08:10 AM
It's not his first time. He happens to know a lot about the game, and has good weapons. And I never went through this, trust me. I read the entire instruction booklet and learned almost everything about the game, except for the fact that there were rare weapons. And I did tell him how to use a PB.

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 12:19 PM
On 2004-02-22 16:46, Firocket1690 wrote:
Yeah.

Heh, I just messed around on the menu until I came to Mag, knew that Mates healed you so I didn't want to waste them, and used the Fluids on it instead. What a waste of a Mag. >.< (HUcast, btw.)

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2004, 01:01 PM
the percentage of those who at last scan through the manuals once must be lower than 10% these days...

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 02:01 PM
On 2004-02-23 10:01, rena-ko wrote:
the percentage of those who at last scan through the manuals once must be lower than 10% these days...

...How about bed-time reading? Some of those game manuals are pretty interesting...
>.>; <.<; ^.^;

Stormsworder
Feb 23, 2004, 02:10 PM
I actually read it before I played the game, and read it while at school.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 23, 2004, 02:15 PM
On 2004-02-23 05:10, Stormsworder wrote:
It's not his first time. He happens to know a lot about the game, and has good weapons. And I never went through this, trust me. I read the entire instruction booklet and learned almost everything about the game, except for the fact that there were rare weapons. And I did tell him how to use a PB.

Youll be surprised at the amount of ppl who NEVER read the instructions... they just pop the game in and go at it.

I didnt know what a photon blast was till i was level 45, and thats only because someone told me.

And that was nice of you to tell him how to do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

haruna
Feb 23, 2004, 02:20 PM
It would be nice if people played through those 3 offline quests that explained various gameplay aspects.

A friend of mine didn't know how to combo for the longest time. And doing this in c-mode of all places to boot. >_<

Hell if I'll play c-mode with her as a HU unless she promises to combo. ;P

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 02:24 PM
Luckily for me, I bought the game while I was away from home (down south, no Dreamcast), so I had to read the instructions to get any idea what the game was like...

Although it took me a few minutes of random button pressing to figure out how to combo...and now I'm teaching others. ^.^ (Mainly my sister.)

Myopathy
Feb 23, 2004, 02:31 PM
Okay, when you first get a game you've been wanting to play do you go

1) "OMG!!11!one!, I must read the entire manual and learn as much as I can about how to turn my GC on and how to create my character or else I will be called a n00b."

OR

2) "OMFG, I have to play the damn game, and if I need some help with something, I'll look it up in the manual."

How boring it must be to actually take time to read the manual before trying out the game. We're not constucting optical telephones here, people.

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 02:45 PM
...What would you do if you had no-way of playing the game, and had only learnt about Kireek from a DreamCast magazine's cheats section? I wanted to know what the game was like.

kingmurp
Feb 23, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-02-23 11:10, Stormsworder wrote:
I actually read it before I played the game, and read it while at school.

I usually read the manuals on my way home from the store. At stop lights (duh).

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 06:30 PM
I've only ever read one manual in school, and that was Power Stone 2. It was Alzie's, and he got it that day (birthday), and I stole it anyway. >.<
...He's taken one of my games before...(FFVIII. COMPLETED IT BEFORE I DID TOO!)

BogusKun
Feb 24, 2004, 04:34 PM
There are plentiful noobs online these days... surprised at the challenge modes and quitting when they find out they're at level 1.

Firocket1690
Feb 26, 2004, 02:30 AM
On 2004-02-24 13:34, BogusKun wrote:
There are plentiful noobs online these days... surprised at the challenge modes and quitting when they find out they're at level 1.

But ......
Isn't that why the L200 CMOde code was invented ?

Armok
Feb 26, 2004, 08:17 AM
C mode suprised me when I saw I was level 1. I was such a newbie back then. However try to tell me something new now. Go on I bet i know more about this game than almost anyone.

Sord
Feb 26, 2004, 05:32 PM
I just read the manual...heck, i've read it about 5 times front to back (including small print) out of shear boredom. Course, i do that with nearly ever game that comes with a manual.

BogusKun
Feb 26, 2004, 06:42 PM
Same with Smash Bros. while I watch every detail of the game... and all, I study it...

And when I buy my games, I read the manual quick as possible.

Ness
Feb 27, 2004, 04:28 PM
On 2004-02-23 05:10, Stormsworder wrote:

I prefer to jump blindly into a game and read the instructions later.

_Ted_
Feb 28, 2004, 03:00 AM
A friend introduced me to PSO, so he showed me all the ropes at the start and I didn't read the manual much when I bought the game since I had already been playing it for a while.

navci
Feb 28, 2004, 05:04 AM
If the US manuals are coloured like the Japanese ones.... I bet more people will read them. :/

Kiara
Feb 28, 2004, 01:44 PM
I only read the manual if it's going to be a long trip home and I'm spazzing about the game. Most people prefer to play hands on (1 of em) and get the feel for it themselves, rather than have a lil booklet tell them what to do. That guy isn't dumb he's just newbish, though I don't see how it never dawned on him that the R button on the bottom corner of the screen meant something.

Garanz2
Mar 1, 2004, 03:00 PM
That's nothing compared to a guy I saw online a couple of weeks ago. He was called DangerousDax. He was a level 45 RAmar with a davil's tail and a spread needle, while I was a level 75 RAcast with a pushan and a Visk. We did ttf, and in the first room in caves, one of the lilies dropped a rare. I was closest and grabbed it. I looked at it and saw it had relatively decent stats, but I couldn't equip it. He spoke for the first time in the game.

"Can i have
something?"

"Maybe later" Was my reply. We continued, until we reached the ruins. In the second room, he piped up again;

"Can i have
something?"

"What?"

"Rare"

"Maybe later."

At this, he started flaming. Continuously. I ignored him, but he refused to help me fight. And 4 chaos bringers on vhard is a major challenge for a single untwinked character such as mine. Finally, I took one out, and my PB became ready. I used M+Y.

"OMG what does that do?"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

That made me burst out laughing.

"Can't you do PBs?"

"No"

"What PBs does your mag have?"

"None"

MUPPET

Seriously, this guy had probably had a huge bundle of dupes dumped on him as soon as he started. What a loser.

Oh yeah, and after all that, the rare was a gae bolg http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BogusKun
Mar 1, 2004, 04:39 PM
Gae Bolg was the weapon of choice for me on Version 1. I don't know why.

Jkid
Mar 1, 2004, 05:12 PM
I've seen a few players that act like that too in my PSOX days.

Bender202
Mar 2, 2004, 07:20 PM
Speaking of lvl 200 hunters. Is just me or has anyone else noticed that all lvl 200 sux. Not a single one of them is a decent hunter. An they all use duped or hacked weps. I mean come on, yesterday i played with a 200 that used a 1304 mag, and the only thing he did was complain about what everyone else was doin. I hate 200s. Y would u need a 1304 mag when your at 200? All it does is screw the game up for everyone else.

DOG21313
Mar 2, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-03-02 16:20, Bender202 wrote:
Speaking of lvl 200 hunters. Is just me or has anyone else noticed that all lvl 200 sux. Not a single one of them is a decent hunter. An they all use duped or hacked weps. I mean come on, yesterday i played with a 200 that used a 1304 mag, and the only thing he did was complain about what everyone else was doin. I hate 200s. Y would u need a 1304 mag when your at 200? All it does is screw the game up for everyone else.

Not all. I know a legit 197, and i feel sorry for him, cuz when he hits 200, all hes gonna get is crap from people who dont trust him because of all the level 200 hacks out there. Its taken away the fun of getting to 200. So if you see a level 200 player, dont immediatly start saying that they arent legit blahblahblah, take a min and figure it out without assuming.

And im with ness on this one, reading the manual? Fleh, especially on the part of ST manuals. Grey?! ARRGH!

Jeff86
Mar 2, 2004, 10:35 PM
Heh, hey Dog. I'm the level 197 char he's refering to and I am totally legit. I've racked up about 1100+ hours to get to where I am. So, Bender, I don't screw up the game and you have no reason to hate me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So just because you met a few level 200s like that doesn't mean all of them are like that.

Back to this instruction manual stuff, I usually just skim through the manual to get the basics and if I encounter trouble I go back and look throught it.

P.S. After you left Dog, Sab and I did 1 more ET and it finally caughed up a rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Sigh of a God.

Bender202
Mar 3, 2004, 11:48 AM
First off i would like to say that i have played with a lot of 200s and they are all not very good players. Secondly, u are not 200 (the last time i checked 197 is three away from 200), but congratulations on being so close to your goal. In other words until i play with a decent 200 lvl player there is no way i would ever tolerate any in a game that i am playin in.

DOG21313
Mar 3, 2004, 04:42 PM
On 2004-03-03 08:48, Bender202 wrote:
First off i would like to say that i have played with a lot of 200s and they are all not very good players. Secondly, u are not 200 (the last time i checked 197 is three away from 200), but congratulations on being so close to your goal. In other words until i play with a decent 200 lvl player there is no way i would ever tolerate any in a game that i am playin in.

Not all. I know a legit 197, and i feel sorry for him, cuz when he hits 200, all hes gonna get is crap from people who dont trust him because of all the level 200 hacks out there

Did you not read it? He isnt that far away, last i checked 197 was 7/8 of the way there. Hes leveling fast, and will probably be at 200 before the summer. Dont assume things without getting the full story, there are others who ARE at 200 legit.
If youd like to continue this, pm me, i probably wont be back here. =/

P.S. After you left Dog, Sab and I did 1 more ET and it finally caughed up a rare http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Sigh of a God.

Wow, nice. =) Heh, i want one of those... tried piping, got bored, quit. =D

I had one, gave it to Maia right before she quit. =/

Hrith
Mar 3, 2004, 05:15 PM
DOG is right, I know a Lv200 RAcast, you will not find more legit. He got to Lv200 after corrupting once at Lv173, and has several chars.

Blitzkommando
Mar 3, 2004, 08:53 PM
I personally don't read the instructions first. Why? Because I know that most games tell you the basics through some sort of training mission or through the story. This is especially true with RPGs, just look at the Final Fantasy series, or more specifically Tactics Advance. Anyway I learn how to play it better by learning by mistakes at first, then if I need an extra bit of help I read the manual. Oh and I will eventually read them anyway, usually out of bordem or on the way home from the store. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BogusKun
Mar 4, 2004, 12:58 PM
On 2004-03-03 17:53, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
I personally don't read the instructions first. Why? Because I know that most games tell you the basics through some sort of training mission or through the story. This is especially true with RPGs, just look at the Final Fantasy series, or more specifically Tactics Advance. Anyway I learn how to play it better by learning by mistakes at first, then if I need an extra bit of help I read the manual. Oh and I will eventually read them anyway, usually out of bordem or on the way home from the store. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OMFG I was going to post something interesting until that sig scared the shit out of me... I'm serious.