PDA

View Full Version : I crime against Humanity has been commited here

Armok
Feb 23, 2004, 04:57 AM
Any being really boring and all I stayed up to watch that top 50 highest single sales band in uk program.

So anyway it gets to the top five

5, Elton John
4, Madonna
3, Elvis
2, Beatles
1, Cliff Richard

WTF cliff richard won no offence but.....WTF cliff richard. I'm sorry but here we have the biggest two icons in music history beaten by the guy from that Summer Holiday film.

Who bought 21 million singles from this guy. Are there enough old ppl in ths world to do that. Wats going on. All can say is I'm ashamed to be english now.

undevil
Feb 23, 2004, 08:14 AM
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Words of wisdom from yours truly.

SorceressofTime
Feb 23, 2004, 08:48 AM
On 2004-02-23 05:14, undevil wrote:
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Words of wisdom from yours truly.

exactly.

Stormsworder
Feb 23, 2004, 09:08 AM
I don't listen to any of them, so I don't know how good they are.

flash_fire
Feb 23, 2004, 10:29 AM
Who the hell is Cliff Richard, I've never heard of him. The others I've heard and listened to, and they are big icons, but Cliff Richard????!!!!

Superguppie
Feb 23, 2004, 11:02 AM
grin. Like Armok said: Are there enough old people to buy 21 million of his singles?

A little more seriously: The Cliff Richard and the Shadows were pretty popular about the same time as the Beatles. Some kids played the Beatles and went nuts. The parents, and the other kids played Cliff Richards and noone heard more of'em. It's the quiet majority of back then that payed for that number 1 spot, I guess.

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I watched it too. (Couldn't sleep.) Apparently, Cliff Richards has had at least one number one in the charts for the last five decades.

Link00seven
Feb 23, 2004, 12:26 PM
If this Cliff guy is so great...how come i've never heard of him?

Meh...

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2004, 01:04 PM
T_T i feel old...

Deathscythealpha
Feb 23, 2004, 01:15 PM
I think Cliff Richards is more of an english thing, not sure if he even made it to america. And it is mostly older peole who buy his singles, god knows why. The only good thing about him are the deliberate jokes towards him in the final episode of 'The Young Ones'

"Look Out, Cliff!"

*points at big bill board of Cliff Richards, which they then plow through and go hurtling off a real cliff*

Classic british comedy.

HUdax
Feb 23, 2004, 01:50 PM
On 2004-02-23 10:15, Deathscythealpha wrote:
The only good thing about him are the deliberate jokes towards him in the final episode of 'The Young Ones'

"Look Out, Cliff!"

*points at big bill board of Cliff Richards, which they then plow through and go hurtling off a real cliff*

Classic british comedy.

Damn straight. ^_^

BogusKun
Feb 24, 2004, 04:37 PM
On 2004-02-23 07:29, flash_fire wrote:
Who the hell is Cliff Richard, I've never heard of him. The others I've heard and listened to, and they are big icons, but Cliff Richard????!!!!

You beat me to it... I don't kow him either...

*(Tries to forget there is even a man by that name)*

Guile
Feb 24, 2004, 07:16 PM
Cliff Richard's a joke!

BogusKun
Feb 24, 2004, 08:14 PM
Richard Simmons make a better singer than all 5 of them...

Armok
Feb 25, 2004, 02:05 PM
Cliff went all Christian way back. Try some of those christian music sites. Anyone that makes it back alive wins a cookie. Just don't look into any of their eyes.

Jack
Feb 26, 2004, 04:18 AM
Cliff Richard's a frigging mong. "Millenium Prayer" was a crock of shite.

Kiara
Feb 28, 2004, 10:04 PM
*Sigh of relief* Glad I'm not the onlyone saying "Cliff Richards? WTF is that?" That's pretty sad that he beat out Elvis and the Beatles. I always knew the english were weird (jk! put the pitch forks down plz!) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif