PDA

View Full Version : How Psycho is your mom

Gold_DRAGOON
Mar 1, 2004, 04:08 AM
I know that all mothers are crazy, so I decided to start this thread so you can tell stories of the lunacy of your mothers (that and i was tring to figure out how to wast about 30 minutes). I will start with 2 of my own stories, and I don’t think many people are going to be able to top them. Now keep in mind that all this actually happened.

1. One night I’m sitting at my computer playing Star Craft on Battle net when I hear from the living room (me being in the room farthest from the living room) my mom yell my name. Me being in a real time game that I can’t really pause am reluctant to get up and see what she wants so I yell back “what cha want ma” she replies “Come here, hurry”. I figure that there is a cat into something, (my mom loving cats has over 20, so she worries about this) so I push the pause button (which by the way any one can unpause and they did so before I had gotten to my door). So I dash to the front where she was with crow shay in her lap and I ask “what do you need” she points to the T. V. and says a whimpery voice “change the channel please”. I look at her with a disgusted and appalled face and say “NO, I’m playing a real time game and I’m probably going to get a loss because you can’t push a button. No”. so I run back to my room to continue play, but by the time I sit down she yells back “(my name) COME BACK HERE NOW!!!”. Now I’m like crap and tell my friend to continue pause pausing until we run out of time outs and run to the front again. As I’m walking around the chair to get to her I ask her “What channel do you want and is it on the right VCR (we have 2 so this is important information)” she says in a vary haughty voice “30 and yes”. Standing right in front of her I reach down and pick up the remote that is touching her elbow turn around and change the channel to 30 turn back around drop the remote in her lap and say “Don’t ask me to do something so stupid again”. I run back to my game by now all time outs have been used up and they are sending men to kill me. I start building more men tell my 2 that I have to fight the enemies 6 that are now in my base when my mom walks in to my room and says “I don’t know were you’ve gotten such a disrespectful attitude. Don’t you ever talk to me like that again” then she turns around and slams my door. Needless to say I lost my base, but good this I was playing with the god of Star Craft and I was able to get one my building unit to his base and made the only this I could make a food supply building. We won, but I was unable to do anything of the rest of the game.

Don’t worry this one is short

2. When I was 15 and my got her first computer I walk in the family room where the computer was and there she was playing solitary. I looked down at the computer and at first glance I thought my mind was playing tricks on my again, I blink and realized that what I saw wasn’t my imagination. I walk over to the computer and take her soda off the CD-ROM tray and place it on a coast on the desk, then turned to her and said “never EVER do that again if you intend to have that drive for to much longer” and I turn and walk off sharing my hear in disbelief and disgust.

KaFKa
Mar 1, 2004, 04:14 AM
most mothers arent psyco... (although some can be overprotective)

but that first story was kinda strange... odd, even...

actually, i have a LOT of respect for my mother. the shit she had gone through for me and my 'little sister' is much more than i would ask of any human being...

ahh, isnt hindsight 20/20?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-03-01 01:17 ]</font>

Alielle
Mar 1, 2004, 04:39 AM
I have so many stories I could fill volumes, but I'm only going to share a few...

1. Mom's looking for my dad. Dad walks up the stairs. Mom says, "Are you here?"

2. Mom recently got plastic surgery on her face. As she knew I'd be against it, she told me my grandmother was going to the hospital for a heart procedure, so we'd be staying at my aunt's for a while. On the way to my aunt's, she told me what was really going on, and started cackling. I was rightfully pissed, and she in turn got angry with me. We stayed at my aunt's for a few days while she recovered and she acted like I was supposed to tend to her because she was "sick." She acted like I was such a horrible person. Cry me a river.

To make it even worse, she'd told her boss she was going to Korea for a week, and she was paranoid of driving anywhere because she thought someone from work might recognize her.

3. Mom leaves the coolest messages on my answering machine:

Sunday, 8:45 AM: "What are you doing? Why aren't you over here? It's laundry tiiime! Call meeee!"

Kent
Mar 1, 2004, 04:56 AM
My mom isn't psycho, she's just an idiot to such an extent that I'm surprised that I came from her.

Can you imagine having a mother that tells you that you can no longer see your best friend because he's of a different religion than she is? Not only that, her fiancee is a moronic racist zealot. At least I have enough intelligence to see past petty differences in people, unlike the two of them.

KodiaX987
Mar 1, 2004, 08:07 AM
My mom still tells me to brush my teeth, pleads me to go to bed when it's past midnight, and always makes corny jokes about me chatting on the Internet.

If it wasn't for her delicious food, I'd fucking be outta the place.

Outrider
Mar 1, 2004, 10:17 AM
Well, my mom sure is crazy, but God I love her.

One thing I can say about her is that she has selective hearing. Many times we'll ask her a question and she'll be zoned out by whatever movie she's watching or whatever painting she's working on, so we'll have to ask her like four times until we get a response. (Funny, Dylan is just like that.)

Speaking of video games, lots of times my mom would come into the room while we're playing, and we'd tell her to watch where she goes, because we won't be able to see the TV. She never listens, and always walks right in front of the tv several times before our yelling finally kicks in.

She's also too darn nice. Whenever I have friends over, she has to cook for them. I can't count the number of times I've come in with friends right after eating to have my mom offer us food. I say that it's alright, and then twenty minutes later she's got some ready. I mean, hey, my friends love it, but she really didn't have to.

Aw man, now I wanna go home.

EDIT: I'm sure Dylan will have more to add to this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-03-01 07:18 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Mar 1, 2004, 10:43 AM
My mother believes I must respect her because she is my "mother, yet, she doesnt have to show any respect to me.

I could go into details, but, whats the point, she will never change... only solution is breaking the ties with her. No wonder in the animal kingdom the young, once they are able, leave the parent(s) behind.

Well, maybe one example.

Saturday morning:

We are driving to Bank of America to close an account under my name, in which Im holding her money (so she wont have to claim it, sneaky). She was in an angry mood because she hates the person I was seen at the time. For no reason she yells at me, then starts cursing me, and orders me to hurry up so she can get her money. By this time, I had enough, I turn the car around and I say "well do this on another day when you are not so hysterical" Boy she let me have it then, yelling, cursing, kicking my car from the inside... So I speed up, I mean, I floor it... I just wanted to drop her off and get the hell out. At this she screams: "Good I hope you kill yourself, you are such a waste.... on and on" I breath deeply, slow down to 20 MPH... and then my car starts beeping.... my Mother had opened the door and was about to step outside as I was DRIVING. I janked her in by her shoulder, at this she starts screaming HELP HELP ME, POLICE... and thats how I drove home. When we got there she threw herself on the floor, crying, screaming... my siblings went outside... and she told them that I was trying to KILL her...

So till this day I am nothing but the black sheep, I get nothing but evil looks of disgust from my family, and from her, I get an evil grin.

Damn now I am angry all over again.

Firocket1690
Mar 1, 2004, 12:08 PM
Let's see ...
I have
1x Father
1x Step-Father
1x Mom
1x Step-mom
And my mother has about 5~ bfs ... -_-
No comment

Oh, let's seee ... Rent is a mere $20, goes up when she starts PMSing, but otherwise ... =/
Hmm, let's continue ... *goes down list*

A while back, she ripped outt the electric thingy to my room, no comp or TV. There's literally, a hole in my wall right now. (posting from school computer)

'bitch' is a term used very often in the house.
Meh, *forgets*
I'll add more later.

And a friend of mine has a mother whom chased him with a knife, jumped out the window, ran five blocks and went to the police deparrtment. He's now living with his dad. -_- *moved away*

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 1, 2004, 01:16 PM
Sen, you that story very very nearly tops my knowledge of Dragoon's mother (who happens to be my mother-in-law).

Personally, I know my own mother is unreasonable, but the only real thing that I can say about her, is that she doesn't know when to stop, and I've come extremely close to hitting her on one or two occasions. She's fine so long as I'm not living with her. If I'm not living with her, then she's happy to have me around, and she'll make my dad mix drinks, cook food or order pizza, she'll try to give things to my wife and I... All good. However, when I was living with my parents before getting married, there were some nights when the nagging wouldn't end. She'd be nagging at me about things that weren't problems, and about things that she clearly wasn't informed about (for example, accusing me of being selfish and lazy, despite that particular day's activities which consisted of helping people do things, both on the net and in-person-- somehow I was selfish, despite the fact that I had bought two people GameCubes a day or two before; and she also nagged me about getting married, because she believed that I wouldn't be able to support a wife-- which I am doing just fine). Still, she's just fine now, because my wife and I live a county away, and we stop by from time to time for free food.

Here's another story about Dragoon's mother, however, who is in fact, not quite sane.

Dragoon's mother is very religious. So religious in fact, that she accuses me of being a heathen because I don't make a habit of going to church (though I can guarantee that my faith is far stronger than her own). Given, I do go to church if I find it convenient, but I have both practical and religious reasons for not making church important to me (1, because getting up early on either day on the weekend makes it more difficult for me to get up for work the rest of the week, and 2, I'm not going to do what most members of that church have come to, my mother-in-law included, and worship the church instead of God). In any case, with that in mind, consider next that while she does celebrate Thanksgiving, New Years and Independence Day, she strictly does NOT celebrate Christmas or Easter, despite what the rest of the congregation does. It might be observed that for the Wednesday Evening services last year on Christmas Eve, only 5 people showed up-- one was the pastor, three were Dragoon, her mother, and his pop, and I'm not sure who the other was.
A series of upset phone calls were made to my sister-in-law's home after church services. She was upset about the following things--

The sermon was boring and crappy (nothing new-- honestly the pastor at that church is boring and refrains from making a point)
She was embarassed to be at church and most of her family wasn't there.
We were celebrating a "pagan" holiday. (OMFG!! We're celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior! We're all going to Hell!)
Dragoon's sister had "conspired" to spend the weekend with my wife and I, just so she could celebrate Christmas (which wasn't entirely the case; it just happened to work out in such a way that made it convenient and easy for her to do so).
Dragoon hadn't been expressly invited (Which was because we didn't expect him to be able to "escape" to join us)

My sister-in-law's response to that last phone call mentioned was a confused, "If Kirk had been invited, would you have let him come?"
To this, my mother-in-law's response was a pause followed by an aggrevated, "NO!" then she hung up, and called again a few minutes later with another one of the aforementioned complaints. She hung up every time.

Eventually, Dragoon's pop dropped him off at the house, so Dragoon joined, as did pop-in-law for a few minutes, before going to an AA meeting down the street. Needless to say, Dragoon's mother was the only member of her immediate family that didn't celebrate Christmas that year, and she's been irrate about it ever since-- even to the point of sleeping in the spare bedroom, so she wouldn't have to sleep with her husband.

Here's a list of things that really get to me--

She claims to have been taught to drive by a race car driver, and therefore, she drives like she's insane.
She keeps trying to get my wife to divorce me because I'm not a religious bigot.
She believes that her children give her attitude because of my influence (what she doesn't realize is that I usually tell them to do the chores she's telling them to do-- Dragoon can testify to that).
Insisted that her children get an expensive education at an out-of-state, private "Christian" college that provides an education roughly equivalent to, or of lesser quality than that which can be acquired at a community college. (this college has also caused depression in the 5 members of that family that went there, and they're all still in debt, my wife included-- furthermore, it caused my wife to question her beliefs, and my sister-in-law is now in counsuling over the ordeal).
She pays no attention when you tell her something, even when you've gone out of your way to make sure she knows-- then she complains that she was never informed when the event occurs (even if she was told at least once a day for the previous two weeks).
Claims that she told someone to do something when she didn't, even when there are witnesses to confirm that what she said was something else entirely-- and she'll argue with them, too.
She believes that the world is out to get her, and overreacts upon this belief.
She believes she knows everything, and will enforce her belief by making things up (her complete lack of knowledge concerning medicines and biology became almost humorously apparent on two occasions: when she claimed to my wife that insulin "makes a man violently horny", and when she didn't understand on New Years that I had to take some insulin or I would die, and actually got quite upset over it). She also believes that she knows more about landfills than my boss, a Civil Engineer, and one of his collegues, a Soils Engineer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
She believes that being a mother gives her a right to become unreasonably angry over small issues, and has become so accustomed to this behavior that, as Dragoon described above, she somehow believes that it takes less energy to scream and yell for help, than it does to perform a simple task, such as pressing a button that is within inches of her elbow.
She MUST have two VCRs so that she can watch one TV show, and record two others all at the same time.
Conversely, she doesn't understand that with the exception of special events, TV schedules only change once or twice a year, if that often-- and when things DO change, they are repeatedly announced. She therefore becomes aggrevated and irrate when the newspaper's channel guide becomes lost-- even though the SAME shows will be on the SAME channels at the SAME time on the SAME nights, EVERY WEEK. This concept is evidently beyond her comprehension. I have tried to explain this to her, but she only becomes angrier.
Milk is her arch-enemy.
She considers church to be more important than anything else-- even if it comes in direct conflict with your job, your home and your family. I am not kidding. When my wife was young, she once had to take her to the hospital after Sunday Morning serviceschurch because she was deathly sick, but insisted that she attend, anyway.
Many... Many... More... things...

I'm sure everyone gets my point by now.

navci
Mar 1, 2004, 02:19 PM
Heh. I am sure I have ranted about my mother enough that I don't have to do it again.

I just wanna assure everyone, fathers are just as equally evil. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I havn't had evil phonecalls recently so I am not angry and will not rant about them now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Mar 1, 2004, 02:21 PM
I am utterly, completely fond of both my parents, they are just wonderful.

this is far from having always been the case, but my parents were clever and open-minded enough to let me -- by 22 and 25 years younger -- open their eyes.

I just love them.

Garanz2
Mar 1, 2004, 02:44 PM
Dragoon, I feel sorry for you. No offence to your mum but geez...

My parents are OK I guess. My mum thinks I have too much time in front of screens (TV, PC etc) and my dad is indifferent about pretty much anything. Apart from that, no trouble.

TactixPimp
Mar 1, 2004, 02:52 PM
My mom is VERY overprotective, and STILL cries whenever she visits me at college, even though its already my sophomore year...telling me "I miss you so much!!!" But don't get me wrong, I love my mom ALOT, I just figured she'd have gotten used to me being out of the house.

The weirdest thing about my mom is that she shares this INSANE ESP ability with me. Here are some examples:

1) Once, we played the whole "guess the number I'm thinking" game (between 1 and 10) and we got the same number 6 times in a row...

2) She knew when I had my first kiss...I had just gotten back from a date with my girlfriend at the time, and she had stayed up waiting for me. When I went to her room to tell her I had gotten home safely, she asked...."how was it?" "What?" "Your first kiss?"

3) She knew when I had first tried alcohol...I was here at college, and I tried some mixed drink for the first time. The next morning she asked how I was feeling when she called. I told her "fine". Then, "You don't have a headache? I have this strange feeling that you tried some alcohol last night".

There are MANY other instances...I never know when she's inside my head....*shiver*

Ness
Mar 1, 2004, 04:24 PM
Other than the fact that she nags me alot and always has me get stuff that she's too short to reach, my mom is okay. My grandmother is the one that drives me up the wall.

It was a holiday (either father's day or mother's day) and my family had decide to take my grandmother, grandfather, and my aunt out to ea with us. Everything was going good until my grandmother noticed a baby eating with a fork. She then got all nervous saying that," They shouldn't let that baby use a fork! I'm going to have to stare at her the whole time to make sure she doesn't hurt herself."

Anyway, it was very embarrassing and it took us about 15 minutes to get her to lay off. That's onyl one of the many stories.

BogusKun
Mar 1, 2004, 04:38 PM
My mother over exaggerate. She says she's disgusted about things we people need not worry about.

KodiaX987
Mar 1, 2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but got any examples for us to laugh at?

ERS
Mar 1, 2004, 06:35 PM
I don't really have much to say about my parents..

I recently saw a show that's broadcasted in the UK called something along the lines of "Embarass the kids". Someone's parents would send them to the show and they would go along, without their kids knowing. While their kid was sitting in the audience, the host drew back a curtain revealing their parents on the other side. The host would continue on to ask the parents some very humiliating questions; especially from their kid's point of view.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If that were ever to happen to me, I would probably kill myself, or something along those lines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ERS on 2004-03-01 15:37 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Mar 2, 2004, 09:27 AM
My mom isn't too psycho. She's been really depressed since my dad died like 5 years ago.. but that's about it.

She does piss me off ocassionally when she goes on about "Niggers" and "Filthy Gays".. but she's from a different generation who were a whole lot less tolerant about things. I just let her know I don't share her views. There's no use arguing. She's my mom, I'm not going to disrespect her like that - and I'll never change her.

She can kiss my ass though if she thinks I'm not gonna marry outside my race if I find someone I love who just happens to be black, or asian, or whatever.

shifter
Mar 2, 2004, 11:58 AM
my mom isnt a pysco(often), she just forgets a lot(and i do mean a lot).

for example, my mom wants me to take her to the nail salon in the mall, but i tell in the house and on the way to the mall that i have to take the cat to the vet. she replies thats fine. so i drop her off and start killin time at the mall. i get back to the nail salon, and shes gone. i spend about a half hour looking for her in all the places she might be, till its close to the time of the vet visit. so i say fudge it(cause this is the only time i could get an appointment while i was still home and i know my mom wasnt going to take my cat to the vet) and leave to pike up my cat and head to the vet(after all, i figure she an adult she can find somethin to do in a mall while im gone). so i make the appointment, get that done in about an hour, and come back to the mall to find her sitting there in the little lounge area, all pist off. now the first words uttered out of he r mouth were "were did u go?". i told her and she said why didnt i tell her, i said i did twice, but she had convinced herself she was right(and when she does that, its like arguing with a brick wall) and wasnt even listening to me.

also, one of my moms favorite things to do is tell me to do things that need to be done on her way out the door. but she always does this when im asleep. she'll always yells up the stairs at what she wants me to do today. well for one, i tell her on a routine basis not to tell me to do things when im sleep, well because im asleep and i wont hear her becuase im most likely out cold cause i went to sleep a few hours ago. and two i have more door shut most of the time so her voice doesnt make up the stairs(thankfully). then when she gets home and sees nothing done, she gets mad at me.

this is just what comes up off the top of my head. ive got a bout load more i could say, but id be typing for a few hours.

Daikarin
Mar 2, 2004, 12:05 PM
On 2004-03-01 01:08, Gold_DRAGOON wrote:
I know that all mothers are crazy,

Who told you that?

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 2, 2004, 12:32 PM
On 2004-03-02 06:27, _Sinue_ wrote:
She can kiss my ass though if she thinks I'm not gonna marry outside my race if I find someone I love who just happens to be black, or asian, or whatever.

On a tangent...

What I find interesting is that culture in general tends to make a fairly big deal out of it when Black person and a white person get married, while marriage between White people and Asian people is kind of silently promoted.

For that matter, I find it interesting that white guys in general seem to have a racial fettish for Asian women. Seriously. This seems incredibly common to me. I am aware of very few White guys that don't like Asian women as a rule (albeit, I've not made myself familiar with a large number of racial bigots). Being a White guy myself, I find this puzzling. My sister's Middle-Eastern fiance from Iran, on the other hand, does not find Asian women attractive in the slightest, which is precisely why I've not determined that Asian women are just generally sexy.

On 2004-03-02 08:58, shifter wrote:
also, one of my moms favorite things to do is tell me to do things that need to be done on her way out the door. but she always does this when im asleep. she'll always yells up the stairs at what she wants me to do today. well for one, i tell her on a routine basis not to tell me to do things when im sleep, well because im asleep and i wont hear her becuase im most likely out cold cause i went to sleep a few hours ago. and two i have more door shut most of the time so her voice doesnt make up the stairs(thankfully). then when she gets home and sees nothing done, she gets mad at me.

My own mother used to do precisely that. Only she'd be worse. She'd open the door while I was asleep in the mornings, and start asking me questions that I was obviously in no condition to answer. Things that aren't necessarily so immediately important that she had to wake me up to ask me at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday like, "Do you want to go to this place with us a month from now?" or "What are your plans next weekend?" Then I'd make some half thought-out, mumbled response because, y'know, I'm still mostly asleep, and she's just, "What?" and I repeat it five or six times, before I finally just sit up and yell, "No! I want to SLEEP!"

And she'd wonder why I got so upset.

BogusKun
Mar 2, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-03-01 13:41, KodiaX987 wrote:
Yeah, but got any examples for us to laugh at?

Like don't get a girlfriend before you graduate high school.

And that I spend my money on games.

(Ok... I used to make 5,000 a month just for being a kid... what else would I spend it on besides junk?)

Geez, I still have money left http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 2, 2004, 03:42 PM
On 2004-03-02 12:22, BogusKun wrote:
(Ok... I used to make 5,000 a month just for being a kid... what else would I spend it on besides junk?)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dude... I wish I made that much a month now, and I work full time... Great leaping piles of cheese whiz! With five grand a month, who cares if you're buying a bunch of games... I mean... Cheeseandrice, how much useless junk would a teenager have to BUY to spend that much?

anwserman
Mar 2, 2004, 03:52 PM
Meira...

I have a thing for Asian males... so yeah, its something with white men to like the Asian ethnicity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Mar 2, 2004, 04:11 PM
On 2004-03-02 12:52, anwserman wrote:
Meira...

I have a thing for Asian males... so yeah, its something with white men to like the Asian ethnicity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think Asian wome are sexy. That and the fact that they have a certain aura of innocence that many white and black women lack. That's not to say that I don't find white or balck women attractive, but Asian women get extra points, just like redheads.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-03-02 19:04 ]</font>

navci
Mar 2, 2004, 05:50 PM
Meira...

*gives you my brother*

Tee hee.
I just read an article on the Vancouver Sun recently about Asian and Caucasian relationships. Asian people tend to find Caucasians more attractive also. I think it has to do the whole media promoting it. Er. I speak from the Asian point of view that in commercials, movies and such, caucasian people are protayed in a sexy way and after long exposure of those I guess you tend to associate the them in general with the sexy-ness. Er I can also provide you with complicated explainations about how colonization has affected this as well but I am not gonna go into it.

Hm. In the reverse way, I think many white guys like the stereotypical submissiveness Asian women seem to show and protray in ... well, the media. ... That, and Asian women are generally smaller and that might make the men feel more manly around them? :/ There is always an explaination for everything.

..... What was the topic of this thread again? Oh yes, mothers. Hah. Good way to tie into the two topics. My mom said, if I were to marry a foreigner, white guys are okay. But nevermind the rest.

Pfft.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 2, 2004, 05:55 PM
On 2004-03-02 14:50, navi wrote:

Meira...

*gives you my brother*

Tee hee.
I just read an article on the Vancouver Sun recently about Asian and Caucasian relationships. Asian people tend to find Caucasians more attractive also. I think it has to do the whole media promoting it. Er. I speak from the Asian point of view that in commercials, movies and such, caucasian people are protayed in a sexy way and after long exposure of those I guess you tend to associate the them in general with the sexy-ness. Er I can also provide you with complicated explainations about how colonization has affected this as well but I am not gonna go into it.

Hm. In the reverse way, I think many white guys like the stereotypical submissiveness Asian women seem to show and protray in ... well, the media. ... That, and Asian women are generally smaller and that might make the men feel more manly around them? :/ There is always an explaination for everything.

..... What was the topic of this thread again? Oh yes, mothers. Hah. Good way to tie into the two topics. My mom said, if I were to marry a foreigner, white guys are okay. But nevermind the rest.

Pfft.

Booho, that counts me out (im a damn foreigner) *sniffles*

Back on topic:
My mom hates the way african american people smell, and I have few african american friends and I dont know what the f*** she is talking about. She is very racist... *sigh*

Alielle
Mar 2, 2004, 10:02 PM
On 2004-03-02 13:11, Ness wrote:

I think Asian wome are sexy. That and the fact that they have a certain aura of innocence that white and black women lack. That's nto to say that I don't find white or balck women attractive, but Asian women get extra points, just like redheads.

Please tell me I didn't just read that. >_<

Ness
Mar 2, 2004, 10:06 PM
On 2004-03-02 19:02, Alielle wrote:

On 2004-03-02 13:11, Ness wrote:

I think Asian wome are sexy. That and the fact that they have a certain aura of innocence that white and black women lack. That's nto to say that I don't find white or balck women attractive, but Asian women get extra points, just like redheads.

Please tell me I didn't just read that. >_<

Well you did and I'm standing by it. I'm not saying that they are actually innocent, they just seem that way.

AUTO_
Mar 3, 2004, 01:07 AM
I love my mom...don't get me wrong...but there are times and instances when I could just fucking flip out on her.

1. She calls any videogame related machine in my room "the Nintendo". If she wants me to stop playing the PS2 or turn off the Dreamcast, she always says "Quit playing Nintendo" "Shut off the Nintendo". This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't specified each system every time she mentions it.

2. Nagging. So many circumstances I won't even bother listing them.

3. The official "Pop isn't healthy and you have to stop drinking it". This comes from both my parents. Nothing is more annoying then when my dad comes down to watch TV with me and starts counting pop cans/vs. the last time I cleaned the basement.

4. 'Get up and go to church'. This wouldn't be so bad--but my parents (mom specifically) seem to be under the impression that I'll go to hell if I decide to sleep in one sunday morning. And when they finally do drag my ass to church, my dad gives a lecture about me disrespecting my mother. Gimme a fuckin' break.

5. On the slight occassion when my mom comes in my room during AIM sessions or playing any online game--nothing is more annoying then her disrespecting my wishes and letting me play/chat in peace. Whenever a random X person starts saying the usual internet talk--she goes berserk and assumes everything is directed at me.

Example: On PSO a random person in the lobby will say "Are you gay lol" and my mom would be like: 'why did they just ask you if you're gay? Shut off the Nintendo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

6. The PMS sessions. It doesn't fucking matter what's going on during these times--just stay the fuck out of her way.

7. The worst line off all time (comes from both parents).

"You better have good grades, or there'll be consequences."

^ This basically means that if my grades aren't good they take away all things in my life that I hold of value and find happiness in.

Another good line:

"Do this!"

"why?"

"Because we're you're parents!"

I've lost track of what number I'm on so this is good enough.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 3, 2004, 11:30 AM
A couple of comments on things I found interesting here...

On 2004-03-02 22:07, AUTO_ wrote:
1. She calls any videogame related machine in my room "the Nintendo". If she wants me to stop playing the PS2 or turn off the Dreamcast, she always says "Quit playing Nintendo" "Shut off the Nintendo". This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't specified each system every time she mentions it.

That does seem to be something about the older generation. My mother would probably do the same if I hadn't made such a big deal out of getting a "SEGA Genesis" when I was younger. Still, it could be worse-- In some parts of the country, any soda, regardless of the brand or flavor, is refered to as a "Coke". Example:

Waitress: "Would you like a Coke?"
Patron: "Yes, I would."
Waitress: "What kind of Coke?"
Patron: "Sprite."

I mean really... It's like these people can't comprehend the difference between different brand names, and must therefore refer to everything by the leading brand name. Still though, it's interesting to observe that Nintendo's stangle-hold on the video game industry that it held in the late 80s and early 90s was so strong, that even today, as Nintendo's popularity is waning, it's still the single most recognized brand name (though that's another rant entirely)

2. Nagging. So many circumstances I won't even bother listing them.

This seems to be another common problem. There seems to be some sort of correlation between women getting married, and nagging. Single women generally do not do this (luckily for me, my wife has kept it to a strict minimum-- whew). Mothers most especially. Some of them don't know when to quit. I recall one night, I was going to drive off somewhere before I hit someone, because of it. I didn't know where I was gonna go; I just knew that I had to get away from it. Fortunately, at about that time, my pop came in and interveined, causing things to settle down.

4. 'Get up and go to church'. This wouldn't be so bad--but my parents (mom specifically) seem to be under the impression that I'll go to hell if I decide to sleep in one sunday morning. And when they finally do drag my ass to church, my dad gives a lecture about me disrespecting my mother. Gimme a fuckin' break.

My mother did that as well... The odd thing is though, that my parents didn't go to church at all when I was growing up, and then at some point, while I was living in my own apartment, they suddenly decided that it was a matter of life and death that they go to church. So after a series of unrelated ordeals, I moved back in with my parents, and they started waking me up every morning to go to church. Eventually, I just said, "No." and refused to get up. I'd recieve a lecture about how God is watching and how he'd turn me away because of it. Eventually I cited to my mother that the only reason she was going, was because of an old man (retired pastor) that had talked her into it, and that she was attending a church that doesn't believe the same way she does (the primary issue was over drinking-- The Missionary Baptist Church they were attending forbids drinking, whereas my parents love a good wine and enjoy the occasional mixed drink). Two weeks later, they stopped going. I think I made my point rather well, that morning. Which is impressive because I was still half asleep.

5. On the slight occassion when my mom comes in my room during AIM sessions or playing any online game--nothing is more annoying then her disrespecting my wishes and letting me play/chat in peace. Whenever a random X person starts saying the usual internet talk--she goes berserk and assumes everything is directed at me.

Example: On PSO a random person in the lobby will say "Are you gay lol" and my mom would be like: 'why did they just ask you if you're gay? Shut off the Nintendo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Yeah... That would be a typical misunderstanding of a simple concept. She's still trying to master point-and-click, yes?

Another good line:

"Do this!"

"why?"

"Because we're you're parents!"

Well... They are your parents. They gave you life, they gave you shelter, they gave you food. They may be a pain in the ass, but the least you can do is make sure that you get your chores done. You'll actually find that they whine at you considerably less when there's nothing that they have left for you to do.

...Unless your mother is like Dragoon's mother, who will yell at her children to do something, whether it's been done or not, and will continue to do so, until she has been corrected that the job has been done. Then she'll stop. Until she forgets that it's been done already about twenty minutes later, then she'll resume.

shifter
Mar 3, 2004, 11:48 AM
On 2004-03-02 09:32, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2004-03-02 06:27, _Sinue_ wrote:

On a tangent...

What I find interesting is that culture in general tends to make a fairly big deal out of it when Black person and a white person get married, while marriage between White people and Asian people is kind of silently promoted.

For that matter, I find it interesting that white guys in general seem to have a racial fettish for Asian women. Seriously. This seems incredibly common to me. I am aware of very few White guys that don't like Asian women as a rule (albeit, I've not made myself familiar with a large number of racial bigots). Being a White guy myself, I find this puzzling. My sister's Middle-Eastern fiance from Iran, on the other hand, does not find Asian women attractive in the slightest, which is precisely why I've not determined that Asian women are just generally sexy.

On 2004-03-02 08:58, shifter wrote:

My own mother used to do precisely that. Only she'd be worse. She'd open the door while I was asleep in the mornings, and start asking me questions that I was obviously in no condition to answer. Things that aren't necessarily so immediately important that she had to wake me up to ask me at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday like, "Do you want to go to this place with us a month from now?" or "What are your plans next weekend?" Then I'd make some half thought-out, mumbled response because, y'know, I'm still mostly asleep, and she's just, "What?" and I repeat it five or six times, before I finally just sit up and yell, "No! I want to SLEEP!"

And she'd wonder why I got so upset.

hahahaha, and i thought i was the only one. wait, why im i laughing thats not funny. being asked a question in the middle of sleeping and being expected to give a relevent answer. although i usually get asked about 7am. the tipicle(sp) stuff that she usually asks me to do is make sure your home so the plumber/cable guy/roofer can get to work. so naturally i dont hear her, and end up going out and keeping busy for most of the day. then when she gets home and asks me 'how it go', my natural responce is 'howd what go', then i get yelled at for not being home and waiting when i didnt know i had to wait in the first place.

before we moved, my mom use to come in my room,(because all the bedrooms were on the same level) kinda nudge me in a pheble(sp?) attempt to wake me up and start talking to me. now after we moved however, she started yelling more since her room is on the first floor and mine is one the second.

Sord
Mar 3, 2004, 02:10 PM
mine is way to overprotective. you know the whole Teen rating on a video game? Well, she wouldn't let me get one until i was like, 14. Though she knew good and well i was playing M rated games at my friends, having fun pumping lead into someone's body, or watchin three kids cuss while throwing dodgeballs at aliens. Then there's my meds and school and a shit load of other stuff. If i don't get out of the house every weekend, it a near-guaranteed fight.

anwserman
Mar 3, 2004, 09:10 PM
Well, this isn't about my mother but its about something that my dad did that kinda got me irritated tonight. OK, I was in a bad mood when my mom called tonight asking what our plans were... my dad and mine. She was talking to my dad, since we were both on different phones. She asked what my dad was doing tonight, and he said "I'm gonna kiss you all ni.."

I hanged up the phone in disgust, and then I heard a stomping upstars (e.g. PICK UP THE PHONE) and I heard him say, "Cranky men don't get Subway for dinner!" Whatever, I wasn't hungry anyway so I told my mom not to pick some food up.

Now, an hour and a half later (at 7PM), I was in a cheery mood talking to my friend Kelli when he comes downstairs. When I'm on the phone. With his jacket on, staring at me. So, I interrupt my conversation to listen to what he says. He says, "In a better mood now?" He goes upstairs, says they're heading out for a while and thats it.

..... what the fuck.

Outrider
Mar 4, 2004, 02:04 AM
Man, I can't wait till Meira has kids of his own.

Honestly, as much as my mom infuriates me, I can't stay mad at her. She really really overreacts to the tiniest things.

Some of the things I got mad at my parents about the most were my hobbies and lifestyle.

My mom doesn't really care for the fact that during breaks, I don't come home until way late at night or even early morning. She's gotten used to it now, but still doesn't care for it.

Also, they're always on my back about school. I mean, they should be. There's no way I can say I've been doing as well as I possibly could. It's just a lack of motivation. But they're always on my back about getting good grades. The situation is... while I don't care if I don't try and get a B, my parents want me to get an A. Eh... I just sort of stopped caring about school as much as I should in the past year or two. That's gonna have to change...

And Ness, the thing about your grandmother embarrassing you out in public? My mom's entire family is like that, including her. Wow, going out to eat with them can be interesting.

hollowtip
Mar 4, 2004, 06:27 AM

Meira...

*gives you my brother*

Tee hee.

Pfft.

To tell you the truth, I think the media puts Asian men and women in the backdrop, where stereotypes for Asian men and women have become lessened recently but that is just my opinion.

Personally, I have a Tiwanese girlfriend and I am attracted to Asians more often then other ethnicities, and yes I am caucasian. I love the shape of their eyes, petite figure (I love short girls a lot. I'm 6'9 and she's 5'1), and shyness factor that many possess (I don't want to offend anyone by making this generalization, but it's just from my personal experience with Asian Americans).

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 4, 2004, 12:04 PM
On 2004-03-03 23:04, Outrider wrote:

I can. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seriously... My wife and I aren't quite financially ready yet (still in a cheap apartment... I intend to build a house before having kids), and we're still using examples from our own raisings to try and figure out how to raise our kids to be responsible, productive members of society without making them hate us.

Albeit, I can indeed say that with people like Dragoon in the family, they'll have plenty of weird uncles!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2004-03-04 09:05 ]</font>

Outrider
Mar 4, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-03-04 09:04, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2004-03-03 23:04, Outrider wrote:

I can. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seriously... My wife and I aren't quite financially ready yet (still in a cheap apartment... I intend to build a house before having kids), and we're still using examples from our own raisings to try and figure out how to raise our kids to be responsible, productive members of society without making them hate us.

Alright, but you just make sure to start them on video games good and early! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 4, 2004, 05:20 PM
On 2004-03-04 14:07, Outrider wrote:
Alright, but you just make sure to start them on video games good and early! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heh heh... The earliest memories of entertainment media my children are going to have will be of the original Transformers on DVD, Phantasy Star games, and John Wayne movies. Gotta start 'em off right!

Cowboy
Mar 4, 2004, 09:34 PM
My dads ex is a manic depressant with a degree in cardia vascular tech and another in nursing, yet has not had a job in 4 years, and is more of a heartless bitch than crazy, her mother is the same way, and her grandmother killed her grandfather then killed herself. Makes me damn glad i was adopted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2004-03-04 18:35 ]</font>

Solstis
Mar 4, 2004, 10:06 PM
On 2004-03-04 03:27, hollowtip wrote:

Meira...

*gives you my brother*

Tee hee.

Pfft.

To tell you the truth, I think the media puts Asian men and women in the backdrop, where stereotypes for Asian men and women have become lessened recently but that is just my opinion.

Personally, I have a Tiwanese girlfriend and I am attracted to Asians more often then other ethnicities, and yes I am caucasian. I love the shape of their eyes, petite figure (I love short girls a lot. I'm 6'9 and she's 5'1), and shyness factor that many possess (I don't want to offend anyone by making this generalization, but it's just from my personal experience with Asian Americans).

Lol, I feel ya there anwserman (not white, er, durn). I lean more to the latino/asian/white thing.

Dunno.

o_0 <--- ooh, my first time making that.

On topic: My mom's a little nutty/overprotective (not as much now), but I love 'er.

Omni-Man
Mar 5, 2004, 12:30 PM
heee heee heee *rubs palms together maliciously*

You want bad mothers? Let me preface this by saying that everything I am about to tell you is absolutely true AND that I will be as objective as possible.

1. Until I was about 6 years old my mother beat me for very trivial things; leaving out the milk, leaving out my toys, sleeping in over 5 minutes, being awake past bedtime.

2. Confided in me personal problems, the natures of which a 6-14 year old had no business hearing let alone being asked to solve.

3. I once asked my mom why people in movies always "french-kiss". She showed me. I was 12.

4. After my Dad's brother died of brain cancer (we were taking care of him with the help of an organization called HOSPICE) my parent's already shaky marital status deteriorated to the point of seperation. My Mom became obsessed with AOL chatrooms and eventually flew out to meet a guy in Pennsylvania. After another month of emotional hokey pokey, my mom decided to move my younger sister and I to Danville, PA to meet her new online beaux; this man turned out be physically abusive to the extent of attempted homocide. It took my mother 6 months and being tied to a couch and tortured by "Joe" for her to decide to move back to California.

5. On several occasions after moving back, my mom would, wearing a se through nightgown, wake me up in the morning and sit in a corner of my room staring. I would always ask her what was wrong; her reply was a consistent "I just didnt feel like being alone."

As stated before, all of these events did in fact occur; I do believe the wacky momma trophy is mine.

As a side note, I do not hate my mom. Because of her, I have a very clear picture of the person I will never become, and I am immune to even the most powerful of guilt trips.

Finally, I believe people should respect their parents, but don't thank them for giving you life; that is merely a by-product of a very strange biological need and function of our species. If the world were to adopt the Native American tradition of naming children after the circumstances of their birth or conception, how many Broken Condoms, Oh Fucks, and Whaddyameanyoudidnttakeyourgoddampill do you think YOU'D see?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 5, 2004, 03:15 PM
Amazing, Omni-man... That is quite the family history you have there. Be thankful that you have the insight to recognize the problems, and deal with them appropriately.

-Geshtar-
Mar 6, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-03-01 07:43, Furankunichan wrote:
My mother believes I must respect her because she is my "mother, yet, she doesnt have to show any respect to me.

I could go into details, but, whats the point, she will never change... only solution is breaking the ties with her. No wonder in the animal kingdom the young, once they are able, leave the parent(s) behind.

Well, maybe one example.

Saturday morning:

We are driving to Bank of America to close an account under my name, in which Im holding her money (so she wont have to claim it, sneaky). She was in an angry mood because she hates the person I was seen at the time. For no reason she yells at me, then starts cursing me, and orders me to hurry up so she can get her money. By this time, I had enough, I turn the car around and I say "well do this on another day when you are not so hysterical" Boy she let me have it then, yelling, cursing, kicking my car from the inside... So I speed up, I mean, I floor it... I just wanted to drop her off and get the hell out. At this she screams: "Good I hope you kill yourself, you are such a waste.... on and on" I breath deeply, slow down to 20 MPH... and then my car starts beeping.... my Mother had opened the door and was about to step outside as I was DRIVING. I janked her in by her shoulder, at this she starts screaming HELP HELP ME, POLICE... and thats how I drove home. When we got there she threw herself on the floor, crying, screaming... my siblings went outside... and she told them that I was trying to KILL her...

So till this day I am nothing but the black sheep, I get nothing but evil looks of disgust from my family, and from her, I get an evil grin.

Damn now I am angry all over again.

THE HELL DUDE.