PDA

View Full Version : [b]FanFic: [/b] Character Audition for my story. Example of

J311Y_M4N
Mar 4, 2004, 02:41 PM
Howdy

I'm bored, and figured I should waste some time scribbling a nice story.

I've been planning to use my character in the story, and I figured, my story might be more popular if used some other's characters in it. If you want yours included, please just give me some information.

All I need is the following

Name: You characters full name, including any titles or affiliations.

Class: Race, Gender, and Class (Hunter, Ranger, Force)

Section ID

Equipment: Any noteworthy equipment

Appearence: Key Physical Features, height, weight, skin tone, eye color, hair, and anything additional that you find noteworthy.

Personality: A short description of your personality.

Where were you?: This story takes place post Episode I&II. Basically, tell me what your involvement was in the battles. Where you the hero who slew Dark Falz? Or were you the scientist who extracted the parasitic gene flow? Or where you simply a humble hunter, who happened to fight an individual boss? Like, the Sil Dragon?

Thanks to any who are interested.

And here's the example I spoke of.

Chapter I

Slowly, his eyes crept open, tearing apart to suddenly bombard his senses with the radiance of awareness enveloping what had just been the darkness of his mind. He clamped his eyes back shut, cutting off the world for another moment. Groggily his hand reached up and held his head, a sharp pain beating to the cadence of his heart. His thoughts slowly came to his awareness. He was lying down. His body was stiff, as though he had been there for a long time. He thought for a moment and could not remember how he had come to lie there. He opened his eyes again and his vision was flooding with an ocean of green. He saw an infinite expanse of grass, ending only in the horizon and the gorgeous sapphire sky. Wind blew across his face, and he saw a ripple roll across the grass, like a wave upon the sea.
With a groan he dragged his arms to his sides, both still stiff, and slowly pushed himself up onto his feat. Here he felt more steady, capable at least to find out where he was. He looked around, taking a more expansive view of the world around him. It was alike in all directions, dunes of green with a blue sky above. For a moment he thought to grumble, but could not remember why, as his thoughts had come to the fact that he did not know where he was. He thought upon the fact for a moment. Realizing he had never been anywhere like this before, and now that his mind had come to rest upon this thought, he realized he could not remember having been anywhere before. His mind began to race, desperate to recall a memory, any memory, and came up blank. He clutched his head. His heart raced, and his mind flooded with questions. ?What happened to me??, ?Where am I?? He fell to his knees, his minding coming up blank, an blank slate. Nothing.
?Who am I?? he asked aloud, wanting only his name, never expecting of an answer, but slowly a bubble of thought came into his mind, with a voice not his own, and somehow it told him, he did not have one. Once again his mind ran rampant, attempting to rationalize his existence, and as he once again failed to turn up anything of use, he decided it was best to re-examine his environment, and perhaps himself. He took a quick look around to see if anything considerable had changed. Finding it had not, he began to examine himself. His build was light, his hair to short for him to determine it?s color without a reflection. Feeling his face he expected to find at least a short stubble of growth, but found himself clean and shaven. He looked over his clothing. He currently sported a loose ash gray shirt, a pair of dark gray jeans, and a pair of heavy black boots. The clothes all felt crisp and new, obviously having yet to be worn in. He dug through his pockets, attempting to excavate any sort of clue as to his predicament. He drew out a pair of heavy black tipless leather gloves, but other than that, his pockets were empty. He quickly checked himself, half-heartedly hoping to find a concealed weapon of some sort, and felt little surprise as he found nothing.
Sitting down, he began to surmise his situation, looking up at the sun to determine direction and possibly time, he saw that there burned two orbs in the sky. For a moment he thought it odd, then shrugging it off, not being able to remember why it would be odd for there to be more than a single sun, he began to concentrate on his plan. Without food or water, he realized he would not last long, but if he began a run, he estimated he could make it over the three most easterly hills by nightfall, assuming of course the planet on which he was on had a rotation rate equivalent to that of? his mind went blank.
Shaking off the odd train of thoughts his ears perked as he heard a noise. Peering over his shoulder he made to examine whatever had made the noise, he suddenly was struck down, knocked through the air and crashing into the dirt, he rolled carrying the momentum and with it sprung into the air, catching of the object which had hit him. Realizing too late the wisdom of his actions he found himself dragged across the field of grass, the morning dew being the only thing that kept his body from being shred by the infinite emerald blades. He looked up at his attacker to find he had latched onto a bike, it hovered shortly off of the ground, and dragging him behind it at a speed of approximately a hundred and fifty miles an hour. The driver of the bike was both cloaked and hooded, but was obviously humanoid in structure, if nothing else. His mind screamed as the realization of the speed flooded his mind, but quickly he cut it off from his consciousness. His focus returned to the driver, and with a heave of his arms, he threw himself up to tackle the wraith and tucking into a roll, he carried the driver with him as they landed into the soft grass, wanting to keep them alive, if not conscious.
A short roll and a hard stop left him pinned atop the figure with his fist raised and poised to strike. He tore back the hood to reveal the face of a young woman, raven black hair and piercing green eyes, and a pretty face, unsurprisingly it was one he did not recognize and thus poised him little or no inhibitions about head butting her, and knocking her unconscious.
It took a few hours for her eyes to open again, during which he had taken the precaution to bind her arms with shreds of her cloak, which he had taken, deciding it might be best she was left without a method of easily concealing her hands or masking her identity, something he himself thought might be useful. For if he did not know who he was, then there was always the chance that others did, and it then might be best to conceal his visage if nothing else. Like this girl, he did not yet know her, yet she had attacked him, nearly killed him, going at that speed, fortunately she had barely clipped him, but the impact had packed quiet a wallop. His shoulder had throbbed with a fiery pain, but it had quickly subsided as he investigated the vehicle.
He failed to recognize the design, not that he would, but one could hope. The vehicle was sprawled upon it?s side, obviously a bike of some sort, mounted and ridden at breakneck speeds across these plains, and obviously a much faster transport than his original plan of walking. He threw a leg over the metal beast and began to fiddle with the controls, quickly finding the ignition. Hesitantly, he flipped the switch and the engine roared to life, the bike lifted off the ground and a deep hum filled the air. He kicked a latch by his foot and the bike burst forward.
The world blurred, the grass around him becoming a blur of green. He slowed the bike, knocking it down a few gears so that he might get over the disorientation. After a few quick trips and turns with the bike and he had acquired at least a sense of how to handle the thing. At this point the took the time to look back to the hill on which he had arrived, and where he had left the girl. He then turned to the west, the direction from which she had come. He revved the engine, near to leaving, yet in the end he succumbed to his own personal benevolence and opted not to leave the girl.
In a moment he was back on the hill and with a motion he came to scoop her up and on to the bike. This was when she woke up. He groaned as her knees buried themselves into his stomach. She fell to the ground as he dropped her and he fell to his knees. Suddenly her arms and legs where unbound and holding a knife. She motioned to stab him in the back, but he rolled back to his feet and lunged at her. He tackled her to the ground again and let go, carrying his lunge into a roll to bring him to his feet. He turned to find her flipping up from the ground and then swinging her leg in a round-house kick which he caught, lifted, and used to slam her back into the ground. At this she stayed down, coughing, the wind stolen from her body.
?Do you want me to leave you?? He said glaring at her angrily. She shook her head. ?Fine, then no more trying to kill me. Now, who are you??
She slowly rose to her feet, straightening out her clothes absentmindedly. She coughed once more before she spoke, and then told him, as though he should know, ?My name is Catherine. Look, I?m sorry I hit you, I thought you were a Ssark, or at least Infected.?
He blinked, then raised an eyebrow. ?Excuse my ignorance, but what is a ?Ssark??? he said.
At this, she raised her eyebrow. ?You?re not from around here are you?? She said, looking over his clothing, his demeanor, then staring straight into his eyes. Distractedly she began to speak, ?Or from anywhere within this solar system? but? Extraterrestrials where always assumed to be excessively different from humans in at least appearance?? At this she began a stream of nonsensical mutterings and every once in a while looking up to point at him.
?I hate to disappoint, but somehow I doubt I?m an alien. I just can?t remember, well, anything!? he said, following with a friendly smile and a laugh.
?Oh?? She said, suddenly not so talkative, ?Amnesia,? disappointed she continued, ?Do you at least have a name??
?Hmm?? He said, letting himself fall onto the ground and sitting cross legged, ?Not last I checked, not sure I ever did really??
?Well I can?t just call you ?Guy?. Hardly be polite.? she said, leaning against the bike, obviously planning to hop on it and run if he were to try anything. It was apparent she either didn?t believe his story, or if she did, that she thought he might still be dangerous.
?Well then you may call me Nothing, for that is who, and what I am.? he said, suddenly realizing how casual their conversation had been up until this moment. He looked her over, ragged clothes, with a tailoring quality excessively lower than that of his own. She looked the child of a third world, though her demeanor spoke of both education and manners, though perhaps only in youth. It was obvious whoever she was, that she had not always lived this life. Absently he cracked his knuckles.
?Nothing? Not likely, how about Rien? It?s French, it means ?nothing?. I used to speak Fren?? She said, as he suddenly interrupted her.
?You still haven?t told me what a Ssark is.? his voice growing cold as he stopped her from resuming whatever banter she might have prepared..
?Ssarks? well, there?s a doozy, how about I explain it to you on our way back to Theora?? she said, slowly brining back her awkward cheeriness.
Unassuming as to wherever this Theora lay, it was likely safer than here. Here, the threat had been named, though left unseen. An invisible enemy is a danger to great to risk. So they mounted the vehicle and they began their trip to her city. It was along the way that she began her story. She spoke slowly, pausing at moments, the cheer she had once displayed with such ease was lost in the emotions of the tale.
It had apparently all began long ago, back in the late twenty third century, man had achieved space-flight, perfected cloning, and begun to play god via genetic engineering. They were at the height of their power, when they first discovered it, the remains of an ancient alien spacecraft. Buried deep beneath the surface of the earth it had been found by the most advanced of geological radars. The media went into a frenzy, and scientists began to completely rework the theory of evolution. Soon the world was convinced that it was this ship which had fostered the race of man.
?The excavation was massive, and took almost a year. The best of the best in archeology, mining, and every other relevant profession assembled from about the world to aid in this great undertaking. Hundreds of attempts were made by religious zealots to halt the excavation, Sadly? she said, a grim smile across her face, ?They failed. It took immense numbers and immense amounts of time to reach the ship, but when the craft was finally unearthed, it took mere days for a sample of alien tissue to leak out and soon bio engineers had brought back the first alien.?
?The first Ssark.?
?It took a week for the clone to become aware, and another for the world to end. They spread like a virus. A thick carapace provides them immunity to most of our weapons, immense speed, and massive razor sharp blades enable them to kill you within moments, not that they would? Another grim smile split her lips, ?They?d prefer to implant you with their eggs, and let your body be torn apart by their newborn and then devoured alive?
?Fortunately, despite their immense speed and strength, they cannot fly, or climb for that matter,? She nodded her head, motioning for him to look forward, he leaned around her and saw the growing clump of green, a forest. A massive forest in the middle of the infinite fields, ?and so we live where they cannot.?
The bike soared into the trees, massive redwoods, wider round than three times his height. She soared forward, weaving through the trees clicking through the gears like a cricket. Till she came upon a slanted stump, the bike clicked a few times, and roared forward, far exceeding anything they had hit on the planes. He screamed as they rocketed towards the stump, suddenly bumping the tip and ramping up it?s slant. They both cried out and suddenly she jammed a key on the bikes navigation array and the bike burst into flame behind them, rocketing straight into the air. Catherine spread her arms, closing her eyes whooping out cheers of excitement, as they burst free of the trees and began to tilt, descending into the branches of one of the largest of the redwoods.
He closed his eyes, and held them shut until a soft voice beside him said to get off, they were there. His eyes cracked open again, he saw they had landed on a wooden platform, nestled within the leaves of the tree. He dismounted from the bike and followed Catherine?s beckon, as she began to descend a series of platforms. The inside of the tree?s branches was like another world, it reminded him of being underwater. The branches blowing and leaving patterns of light dancing across his face were like the motions of waves far above him on the surface. The sweet smell of trees flooded his nostrils and the sound of rustling leaves left him relaxed. He slowly began to lower his defenses, when suddenly, he heard something other than the breeze ruffling the branches. He leapt off the spiral platform Catherine had led him to and into the branches of the tree.
Catherine had continued explaining to him the world, specifically the nature of the trees and their genetic modification as well as a prologue to his introduction to Theora, specifically explaining that likely they were about to run into the militia, when she turned to find him gone. She gasped, thinking he had fallen off when she heard screams from farther down the stairs.
He had been surprised to find a number of men hidden within the branches of the path they had been following, fortunately, he had climbed above them, and decided that it might be better to introduce himself prior to an assault. Thus he hung himself above them, and dropped down onto their branch, landing in the middle of them. They all lept away, surprised by the appearance of this stranger. They were dressed in clothing similar to Catherine?s, tattered and unisex, a pair of pants and a shirt, with the exception that each of these men were armed with a dagger and a pistol of some fashion.
Most still stunned by his appearance, one at least held wits enough about him to ask, ?What be your name??
His mouth opened for a moment to reply, then paused, then smiled and told them ?Nothing?
Needless to say the encounter continued poorly, quickly degrading into a brawling match amongst the guards and the nameless stranger. It was fortunate that Catherine?s arrival had been hasty as he had nearly knocked one guard out of the tree, another he nearly threw off, and the third had been unconscious for the majority of the fight as an early kick to the head had proven near fatal.
After the encounter, they made their way to the central platform. With the exception of the fact that the nameless stranger had his hands bound and was forced to walk in front of the guards as they kept their weapons trained upon his back. Catherine grumbled, claiming such excess was unnecessary, but in the end, she found her self unable to sway the decisions of the three bruised guards. And so they went, traveling through an intricate network of spider webs throughout the trees, until they came upon a massive clearing into which held a massive platform, bound to the trees by infinite supplies of thick ropes, the platform held a small city, complete with towering architecture and floods of people. The buildings were all wooden, most made from single slices of wood made from some massive tree. Most houses had roofs of leaf, or at least thatch, the place had an immensely rustic and natural feel to it.
He was lead quickly to the City Hall, wherein which he was made to sit upon a cold metal seat while Catherine was brought in to make her report and to likely explain exactly how she had come across him. He rubbed his wrists, having been just released of the leather binding used to cuff him. He examined his surroundings, noticing that despite the uniform natural look of the majority of the city. The Hall was stone of some sort, instead of the typical wood, and exceptionally sterile, no dirt marred the shining marble floors. He looked at his reflection in the floor. His hair was brown, his eyes were as well, his teeth straight, and his face average to a point of instantly forgettable. He might forget the face were it not his own.
At this point Catherine emerged from the room, looking considerably bedraggled. He moved to go to her, but guards grabbed him and forcibly dragged him into the conference room. The room reminded him of a gladiatorial arena. The floor was much lower than the lofty seats of the city council, but not one to be daunted, he stood straight and met their pious gaze.
?State your name for the record? said a stub of a man, aged and balding, with a pug face, he was dressed in neat black robes, and held a pen and a large book, obviously for the purpose of record keeping. Despite the stature of the man, he became intimidated. The man had asked a question he could not answer, and the man had a good point, who was he?
?I am,? he hesitated, his mind racing, the slowly, he decided on a name, ?Am rien.?
?Note that down, subjects name is ?Amrien?? Said a man sitting in the center and most lofty seat. ?Alright then ?Amrien? let?s begin. Where are you from??
?I do not know? he replied grimly.
?Now that?s hardly an answer, tell me, what where you doing out in the grass plains alone without a bike or weapon?? The man continued, driving at Amrien, his face seeming to contort, attempting to drive something from him.
?I do not know? Amrien repeated.
?Tell me Amrien, are you infected? That is the most likely scenario isn?t it? Now I?m sure Catherine thought she had good judgment of your sanity, but she?s none to right in the head herself, and well, there is the fact that you can?t remember any important detail about yourself, which brings me to the conclusion that you are infected, and thus I cannot risk the exposure, so I ask you to please leave the city at once.?
?Infected?? Amrien replied, his eyebrow raising questioningly.
?Yes, you have been struck by a Ssark, and now you are likely infected by them, soon your body will be rent apart from the inside, and your flesh used to aid the young Ssark?s growth.? the man sad, now standing and pointing.
?There is only one problem with your theory,? Amrien grinned, ?I haven?t been struck. I have no visible scarring or cuts, which I would likely need if I were to acquire such a viral infection, or disease, or parasite, whatever it may be.?
?Perhaps?? the man leaned back and began to whisper to his colleagues, ?Fine, prove your health by allowing our Doctor to examine you, and we will allow you to stay, under observation of course, at least until we can get you to admit to your past if nothing else.?
Amrien nodded made a curt bow, and turned on his heel, walking out into the waiting room, and into the arms of Catherine. Catherine surprised him by suddenly latching onto him with a bear hug, knocking the majority of the breath from his body. Odd that she was so friendly after having had him do nearly the same to her merely an hour or so before.
?I?m so glad you can stay! Under supervision of course, but I can provide that.? She said, a smile curling across her face, ?and of course, now you have a name, Amrien, has a nice ring to it.?
He feigned a smile, personally none to please with the name, but understanding the significance. He was nothing, and perhaps he would remain such. Regardless this might be a place to become something.
Catherine insisted that it would be best if they were to take the time to tour the city, though Amrien had a fierce desire to investigate the majority of the locations in-depth. The city was much like that of a technologically advanced race, with the exception that throughout it existed so many biologically engineered marvels that there was little need of electricity, not that it was no where to be found, electrical production plants provided power to key city defense systems and allowed for immense versatility in their location.
The day passed quickly as their tour ran to a close, having visited the water collection and treatment plants, which where in fact plants, as well as the medical center, performance hall, militia barracks, and then Catherine?s house. The house was small, and grown entirely from immense amounts of vines. A meager two rooms provided room enough for each of them to have one, and no arguments were made as night fell as they both were tired.
Silence shattered as a scream of agony suddenly tore through the night air. Catherine and Amrien sprung up, Catherine drawing a pistol from a niche beside her bed. They ran from the house and looked out across one of the rope bridges and saw something slowly inching across it.
The figure could have been human, had it?s head not been bald and it?s face not been perfectly smooth. It?s body was shiny and black, devoid of arms, and instead of feet extended cloak like into a set of sweeping folds. The creature was inching it?s way across the bridge, but something about it told Amrien it could go much faster.
?Why isn?t it going across at full speed?? Amrien asked, turning to Catherine.
?Ssarks have no Prociception, no sense of balance, they have immense amount of trouble staying steady while crossing a swaying bridge like that, as they can?t even tell if they are steady.? She said, he voice sharp from fear.
?No balance eh?? Amrien asked, his lips splitting apart to reveal a set of shining pearly whites. Catherine had ignored him, and ran to join with the assembling force of the militia. The night was filled with screams of fright and the cries of the commander of the militia. Suddenly all these were dulled out by the ring of gunfire. The world erupted in light as bullets began to pelt the terrible creature. It crouched down, and soundlessly biding the gunfire, as the shots ran down and ammo low, it raised itself back up again, and continued forward.
It was only a few yards from the end of the bridge when all of a sudden, it realized before it stood one of the humans. The creature stood confidently, no scent of fear emanating from it?s pores. It cocked it?s head, curious as to the bravery of this one. With a ripple, it?s cloak parted, and two arms, long and spiked, like those of a preying mantis emerged from within it?s folds. Without a second lost, they flew forward, and embedded themselves into the wood of the walkway, the human gone. It scanned the area, not able to determine where the human had gone. Assuming it had fallen, it made to prey out it?s blades, when it heard a yell from above. It looked up to see a foot. The night echoed a loud crack as the two connected, and the next thing it saw was the earth, far far below it.
Amrien stood upon the bridge, watching the creature plummet. He had won his first battle. He realized now that he was something. What he was, well there lays the riddle. He looked up into the sky, to see three moons beginning to peak over the horizon. He thought to himself. He considered his purpose. Whatever he was, he was meant to be here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J311Y_M4N on 2004-03-04 11:42 ]</font>

Hikara
Mar 4, 2004, 02:47 PM
You now what, if you'd like to, throw Master Hikara, Protectorate of Light in there. Here's Master Hikara himself.

http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/fanart/Hikara.jpg

And, if you haven't already, check out the destruction of Dark Falz at my team's hands here!

http://www.pso-world.com/fanfic.php?op=viewstory&id=181

PM me for permission to use the team, as I'd have to get their approval, too.....

Section ID, by the way, is Skyly.

P.S.- Tweak the story however you want. He doesn't HAVE to be the Protectorate of Light. Make him a buddy or something to your character.

P.P.S- DOUBLE SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS, PLEASE!!

Hikara Out

mr_rubbish
Mar 4, 2004, 02:56 PM
If you need characters there's hundreds in the character bank.

KaFKa
Mar 4, 2004, 03:13 PM
Read this, you'll be happy you did (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71031&forum=12&24)

good story, jsut kinda hazy-ish...

Skuda
Mar 4, 2004, 03:15 PM
OO! you should use the estranged Dr. Scott Kuda! he is the comic relief for any good story. If comic relief isn't wanted, he's always there to be naive and sometimes dense.
http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/fanart/Scott_Kuda_kudabio.jpg

Name: Dr. Scott Issac Kuda: Owner and lead scientist for the non-government afiliated Kuda Labs
Class: Human, male, Hunter
Section ID: Oran

Equipment: Trusty Modified Rika's claw. Red, gold and black re-paint, tweaked for extra speed with less power. yellow eyed Bhima (kind of lazy too)

Appearence: Black rimmed goggles, yellow Spikey hair, 5'6" tall, 115 lbs, very pale (occasionally having grease marks on cheeks) Blue eyes, White lab coat, black pants and T-shirt(comfort reasons), Black and yellow HUmar sneakers.

Personality: usually very wacky, but very serious in combat. some intuition, but has a tendancy to be felled in stupid ways. often cought in any explosion around...explosion magnetic? must be coincidence. never swears but uses Crackers, Fritters, and Scones in place of them.

Where were you?: Hunts for enemy bodies for reaserch. latley developed powerful D-cell type weapons that drain life forces, but have devistating attack patters. an advanced technique modified from the original supressed enemy weaons made my Dr. Montague.

Logical2u
Mar 4, 2004, 04:10 PM
*points at Character Bank*

Hikosaka, long ago, created the Character Bank for Character Auditions.

Although, that huge example will draw many people to your auditions.

-Z
Mar 4, 2004, 04:19 PM
nice start to the story ^_^

only problems i can see is that its a good idea to double space between paragraphs, and for some reason all your ' and "s came out as question marks.... wierd...

anyways, i'd like to see how this turns out! awaiting chapter 2! ^_^

PS: if you need an antagonist or bad guy/fighter in there, feel free to use Zi'Zuku. page 7 of the character bank.

Sunblast
Mar 5, 2004, 05:49 AM
I'm going to agree with the others. You should really check out the character bank. If you wish to see my character, he's on the first page.

White_Knight
Mar 5, 2004, 09:51 PM
you can use either of my chars in the bank on pages 8 and 9 I would like to see VaAn and Kiteo (arch enemies sortof) show up and if you use Shi ask Hikara about Kori or look at the ROTM group fic aswell as RR and P2 christmas party

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: White_Knight on 2004-03-05 20:59 ]</font>

Hikosaka
Mar 5, 2004, 10:01 PM
Indeed, the character bank was made for people like you. It's worth a look.

J311Y_M4N
Mar 7, 2004, 10:11 AM
I see...

Sorry, I never noticed it before...

hehe...

Sorry, been a little spacey...

Oh well, I'll go scrounging then.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Expect the first chapter within a week.

Sunblast
Mar 9, 2004, 06:00 AM
Good luck to you in your search as well as your fanfic.